NMIMS will release the NPAT Cut Off 2021 soon after the declaration of the results at its official website. NPAT cut off is the minimum score set by the conducting authority, based on which the candidate will be selected for the next rounds. Candidates need to achieve the cut off marks to be eligible for the admission process. The authority will release the NPAT cut off based on several factors. NPAT 2021 cut off list will be updated for each program. For detailed information regarding NPAT cut off, candidates can read the entire section below.
NPAT Cut Off 2021 Highlights
Candidates can consider several factors and previous year data analysis to generate their expectations with the NPAT 2021 cut off. This practice of estimating cut off is important to plan the upcoming admission procedures accordingly.
Candidates are advised to refer to last year's data in regards to the NPAT 2021 cut off marks given out by the organizing authorities. The NPAT cut off 2021 can be estimated on the basis of overall scores, the difficulty level of the paper, and the number of applicants for the year. Candidates are advised to go through the table given below and observe the cut off trends:
|Year||NPAT Engineering Cut Off|
|NPAT 2020 cut off||69-72|
|NPAT 2019 cut off||85-86|
NPAT Cut Off Expected 2021
NPAT Engineering cut off will be based on NMAT by the GMAC percentile score. As per the official notification, the NPAT Engineering cut off marks will be released separately for each course. The table below NPAT cut off 2021 for the BBA program. Candidates can check the cut off marks for various campuses of NMIMS.
|NMIMS Campus||Program||Expected NPAT cut off|
|NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai -||MBA||94|
|NMIMS, Navi Mumbai||PGDM||80|
Candidates can also check the NMIMS NPAT cut off for previous years given below.
NPAT 2019 Cut Off
The NPAT cut off depends on several factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the number of seats offered. Here we have provided the section-wise NPAT cut off for 2019. Candidates can check the table below to know the cut off for each section:
|Section||NPAT cut off Marks|
|Proficiency Test in the English Language||29-30|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||26-29|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||29-30|
|Overall NPAT cut off||85-86|
Factors Affecting NPAT Cut Off
There are several parameters considered to determine the cut off marks for NPAT for a particular year. Based on these factors, the cutoff marks for various institutes and courses are determined. The NPAT cut off also varies with the categories. Some of the factors which are taken into account for determining the NPAT cut off are listed below:
- The number of applicants who applied for the exam.
- Seat Availablity
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam.
- Previous Year's NPAT cut off trends.
- The number of candidates who qualified for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
Normalization of NPAT scores
The normalization method is used for NMIMS NPAT calculation for 2021 result to evaluate the fair performance of the applicants. The normalization method collects each applicant's marks and processes them through a statistical combination to make those marks fit for comparison. To normalize the score, it is necessary to know the number of candidates who have secured fewer marks than the applicant, whose score will be calculated under this process. Also, the total number of applicants is also required.
The normalization of marks is applied for NMIMS NPAT 2021. Here is an overview of the process and formula that is applied for NMIMS NPAT normalization:
- A percentile score of the applicant is calculated.
- The formula employed for calculating the percentile: 100 * (The number of applicants grouped with marks less than the candidate) / (divided by) the total number of the candidates.
- For instance, 100 x 2300 (the number of candidates who appeared for the same course as a candidate but have secured fewer marks) / divided by 48,00,00 (total number of candidates who appeared for NMIMS NPAT).
NPAT 2021 Counselling
The counselling round for NPAT 2021 will be held after the NPAT cut off and merit list is released. The result will be announced on Jun 1, 2021. The candidates can expect their counselling calls in the last week of April, 2021, or the first week of May, 2021.
Usually, NMIMS conducts three rounds of counselling. The steps involved in NPAT Counselling are:
- Preparation of NPAT Merit List: The NPAT merit list is prepared after the result is announced.
- The top scorers who make it to the first merit list are then called for counselling, which is held at one of the NMIMS campuses.
- The candidates have to mark their presence in person on the day of NPAT counselling.
- The seats of those candidates who fail to attend the counselling are passed on as vacant seats to the second round of NPAT counselling.
- A fresh merit list is prepared for the second round of counselling, where the shortlisted candidates are again invited to the designated NMIMS campus.
The NPAT 2021 counselling schedule and merit list will be uploaded on the official website. The candidates must keep a regular check for the same.
Colleges Accepting NPAT Scores
Several colleges, apart from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, are accepting the NPAT Scores. Candidates need to secure the NPAT cut off to secure admission to these colleges. The list of colleges that are accepting NPAT Scores are:
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce, Mumbai
- Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering, Shirpur
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Shirpur
- NMIMS School of Design, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Indore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University, New Delhi
- Praxis Business School, [PBS] Kolkata
- Mithibai College of Arts, Mumbai