The MAH CET 2021 exam has certain eligibility criteria to be satisfied in order to be eligible for applying for the same. Candidates should make sure that they clear the eligibility criteria prior to applying. Failing to meet the same will result in the candidates being deemed ineligible, and the application form will be considered invalid.
To prove the candidate's eligibility, he has to submit documents to show he has all the right to write the MAH CET exam as he is eligible.
MAH CET 2021 Eligibility for PG courses
- Basic Qualification: The candidates must have completed their 10+2+3 or a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent from a recognized university or college.
- Category wise marks: The candidates from the general category must have 50 percent marks in total, while candidates from OBC, SC, ST, and PwD are required to obtain 45 percent marks in their graduation to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Final year students: Candidates pursuing their final year of graduation can also appear for the MAH CET exam. However, they will be required to show their passing certificate at the time of counselling to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: The Candidates must be citizens of India to be eligible for the common entrance test.
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
The candidates who are looking to get the reservation under J&K migrant candidature should fulfil one of these criteria.
- Jammu & Kashmir Citizens: The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border areas of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities.
- Staff's Children: The children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir to combat terrorist activities and joined the post on or before the last date for submission of application for admission.
- Combating Terrorism: The children of staff and Jammu and Kashmir police officers engaged in combating terrorism are eligible under this category.
- Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National Candidature Candidates are exempted from appearing for MAH CET 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates belonging to Person with Disability
- Disabled person's Criteria: Based on the basic qualification, a candidate who is suffering from any one of the following permanent disability is eligible to seek admission against seats reserved for persons with disability candidates (i.e. candidate who is visually impaired (blind) candidate type- Pl, candidate who is speech & hearing impaired (deaf & dumb) candidate type- P2, candidate who has orthopaedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic Candidate type -P3), provided they submit a certificate clearly stating that the extent of disability is not less than 40% and the disability is permanent.
MAH CET 2021 Reservation Policy
Candidates belonging to a certain category/state will be given some reservation in the MAH CET application process, below are the reservation policy details.
|Type of Seats||Reservation Percentage|
|Seats of Maharashtra state||85% (70% for HU & 15% for OHU)|
|All India seats||15%|
|VJ/ DT (NT - A)||3%|
|NT – B||2.5%|
|NT – C||3.5%|
|NT – D||2%|
|J&K seats||1 seat in every institution|
|Ward of NRIs||5% of sanctioned intake|
|Institute level seats||20% only in Unaided non-minority institutes|
|Minority seats||Minimum 51% in Unaided-minority institutes|
The eligible candidates can go fill the application form and prepare for the exam by going through the MAH CET syllabus for the exam.