CUET exam pattern 2023 must be checked by the applicants to be familiar with the type of questions asked, time duration, and other important factors related to the exam. Delhi University announced that PwBD candidates will be allotted extra time of 20 minutes for both sections of the exam.
CUET 2023 will be conducted in two slots. However, the exam will hereafter be conducted as a computer-based test. The aspirants can find the latest NTA CUET exam pattern 2023 on this page.
Latest Updates on CUET
- Apr 1, 2023: CUET application form 2023 correction window is active from today, Apr 1, 2023.
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern Highlights
Earlier, the examination was conducted in both offline and online modes. However, the exam is no longer conducted as an OMR-based test. Some of the major facts related to the pattern of CUET question paper 2023 are discussed in the following table.
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes (+20 Minutes for PwBD Candidates)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages||English and Hindi|
|Exam Mode||LAN-based Computer-Based Test|
Sectional Division of CUET Question Paper 2023
The exam is held separately for UG and PG courses. The overall pattern differs for all the programs. In this section, we have provided clarity regarding the same.
Sectional Division for CUET UG Question Paper 1
Sectional Division of CUET UG Question Paper 2
|Subjects||English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Awareness|
CUET Marking Scheme 2023
The candidates can go through the marking scheme being followed by the regulating authorities for CUET 2023 in the section given below:
|No Response||No addition or deduction of marks is applicable in this scenario|
|Incorrect Response||¼ mark is deducted from the total score of the candidate|
|Correct Response||1 mark is awarded|
- The candidates cannot submit more than one response for a single question unless stated otherwise.
- If a question is cancelled or dropped due to any technical or other reasons, the candidates are awarded 1 mark for it.
CUET 2023 Program-Wise Exam Pattern
In this section, we have provided some important facts associated with CUET exam pattern 2023 which every applicant must surely be aware of:
- Research Programs: The question paper is a lot like that of UGC CSIR & NET JRF. The question paper is divided into 2 parts. The first one will have questions based on Research Methodology, English, General Awareness, and Numerical Ability. The second part will have subject-specific questions.
|A||25 MCQs based on General Awareness|
|B||35 MCQs based on Teaching Aptitude|
|C||40 MCQs based on Social Science/Language/Physical Science & Mathematics/Life Sciences|
- Arts: For any general program or Integrated Program/ B.Voc. /MBA /MCA /LLB, the candidates will only have to attempt one question paper, carrying 100 marks. CUET 2021 exam pattern for the Arts stream will have questions based on the English Language, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, Analytical Skills
CUET 2023 Instructions for Exam Day
The candidates must remember the following points when they go to appear for their CUET 2023 exam.
- Candidates should only attempt the questions from those subjects which they had studied in school. For example, a student who had PCB should attempt questions from Biology, and not Mathematics.
- The section in which they score the best will be considered during the evaluation of the CUET 2023 result.
- The candidates should only select one option out of the four provided for each question. Multiple answers for one question on the OMR sheet would result in a negative markings.
How many sections are there in CUET question paper?
There are three sections in the CUET question paper. General Knowledge, teaching aptitude, and domain knowledge.
Is there any negative marking in CUET exam 2023?
Yes, for wrong answers, a 1/4 mark will be deducted.
What is the exam pattern of CUET exam 2023?
In CUET exam pattern has three sections. General Knowledge has 25 MCQ, teaching aptitude is 35 MCQ, and domain knowledge has 40 MCQ.
Each question carries how many marks in CUET exam 2023?
In CUET exam 2023, each question carries one mark.
What is the duration of CUET exam 2023?
CUET exam 2023 will be held for 120 minutes.