Some specific guidelines and instructions are mandatory to follow while appearing for the JEE Mains 2023. We have provided all the details in the article below. Check it out before appearing for the examination.
JEE Main exam day guidelines and instructions are released by NTA every year. It specifies all the rules to be followed throughout the exam. Furthermore, there were some added restrictions and regulations because of the pandemic. Therefore, candidates appearing for the JEE Main exam were asked to abide by them, and failing to do so will have consequences.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Guidelines 2023
- JEE Main Instruction - Banned Items
- NTA Guidelines for JEE Main Examination
- JEE Main 2023 COVID-19 Guidelines
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Schedule
- JEE Main 2023 Exam Timings
- Do’s and Don’ts for the JEE Main Exam 2023
JEE Main Guidelines 2023
Listed below are the JEE Main exam day guidelines and instructions; in addition, students were recommended to reach the examination centre on time with all the necessary documents.
- Candidates needed to maintain social distancing, and the conducting authority will carry out the exam in a contactless manner.
- Candidates could not leave the examination hall before the end time. After the exam was over, candidates were requested to wait for the instructions of the invigilator.
- All the candidates were advised to download the admit card carefully and read the instructions properly before appearing for the examination.
- Candidates must check the exam venue before to be sure and avoid any confusion. If the examination centre was away from their residence, candidates were suggested to reach there a day before the exam.
- Candidates were allowed in the examination hall only with admit card and valid ID proof. The admit card and self-declaration (undertaking) downloaded from the NTA website printed out on an A4 size paper were to be carried to the exam centre.
- Candidates had to carry an additional photograph to paste into the attendance sheet. Anyone failing to produce those, as mentioned earlier, was not fit to attend the examination.
- Extra or unnecessary baggage was not permitted inside the exam hall.
- Candidates could not wear shoes that have thick soles and garments with big buttons.
- Candidates appearing for the JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch) had to carry their belongings such as a geometry box set, pencils, erasers, and colour pencils or crayons.
JEE Main 2023 Guideline for PwD Candidates
PwD candidates are expected to bring their disability certificate in a prescribed format. The candidate must present a valid certificate to the frisking staff for allowing the use of a scribe. Following are the JEE Main exam day guidelines and instructions for availing a scribe:
- Candidates appearing from the PwD category had to mention their category, the type of disability they are facing, and the percentage of disability. They should carry proof of disability that was filled while filling up the JEE Main examination. Failing to produce the necessary documents may result in disqualification.
- Candidates with 40% or above will be entitled to have the service of a scribe.
- The scribe had carry their Self Declaration (undertaking) regarding educational qualification etc., passport size photograph, valid government identity, and self-declaration (Undertaking).
- PwD candidates had the freedom to choose their own scribe/ reader.
- PwD candidates were given 60 minutes extra as compensatory time. Candidates with 40% or above can avail of this facility, whether with a scribe or not.
JEE Main Instruction - Banned Items
Few items are prohibited from JEE Main examination hall. However, candidates found with the following items were not be approved to appear in the examination.
- Gadgets: Any candidate found carrying electronic devices like a calculator, electronic watch/ smartwatch, the mobile phone will be prevented from entering the examination hall.
- Stationery: If candidates are found bringing any stationery like paper, geometry box, pencil box, they will banned from the exam. There is an exception for students appearing for B.Arch.
- Personal belongings like purses, handbags, earphones, microphones are prohibited inside the examination hall.
- Camera, tape recorder, metallic items like metal bands, kara are strictly prohibited.
- Any snackable items like tea, coffee, chips, etc., are prohibited in the examination hall. There is an exception for diabetes candidates.
JEE Main Guidelines for Diabetic Candidates
An exception was made in the case of candidates who had diabetes. The following items were allowed to be carried by the diabetic candidates:
- Fruits/ snacks if they need.
- Medicine for people with diabetes.
- A clear/ transparent water bottle.
- Packed food like potato chips, chocolate, sandwiches, etc., are not allowed for them also.
NTA Guidelines for JEE Main Examination
There were specific restrictions and regulations laid by NTA that are to be followed by the candidates during this pandemic. In addition, there were a certain set of rules and instructions for JEE Main 2023 for the examination centres as well.
JEE Main Examination Instructions
- All the examination centres implementing proper safety measures.
- Before & after each shift, centre disinfected the keyboards, chairs, and tables, including doors and windows.
- Gaps between two seats were maintained as per Government of India guidelines.
- Each examination room had its hand sanitiser for students and employees.
- Each admit card had a barcode. After reaching the examination centre, candidates were able to find the barcode reader. Candidates had to scan their barcodes and then will direct them to their respective labs.
- Rough sheets will be provided to the candidates from the examination centre; those will be kept on the desk by the teachers/ invigilator before starting the exam to ensure hygiene.
- Candidates were advised to reach the examination centre before the mentioned time to avoid crowding. Maintaining social distancing was very important.
- All the centre ensured proper social norms.
JEE Main Hall Instructions
- Candidates were advised to fill up the admit card properly only after reading the necessary instructions.
- Each candidate should report to the examination hall before the time allotted for examination to avoid confusion.
- Candidates with physical disabilities bringing their scribe should bring all necessary documents mentioned by NTA.
- Each candidate should carry their 50ml hand sanitiser.
- During the time of entry, candidates should keep in mind to maintain at least six feet of distance between each other.
- Candidates should sanitize their hands with the sanitiser provided in the examination hall.
- Candidates were requested to remove their masks and use the mask provided at the centre. The centre supplied each candidate with a fresh three-ply mask before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates were advised not to bring any banned items to the examination hall.
JEE Main Exam Day Instructions
- In case of any rough work, the centre provided the candidate with four A4 sizes of the rough sheet. Invigilators kept it on their desk before the examination starts. If any candidate needed an extra sheet, they had to ask for a paper, and the invigilator had to provide it.
- Each seating area and examination hall was thoroughly sanitised before the examination started.
- Before pasting the photograph on the attendance sheet, candidates had to sanitise their hands properly and only then proceed.
JEE Main 2023 COVID-19 Guidelines
Keeping in mind the present scenario, NTA had set some Covid-19 guidelines. Candidates were ensured they follow the points to avoid any hassle.
- The general covid policies such as sanitisation, wearing masks, maintaining distance were carried.
- Further, all the electronic devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and chair were sanitised.
- Seating areas, doors, staircase railing, and lift buttons (if any) were sanitised.
- Besides, a social distance of 6 feet was followed.
- Candidates could sign the attendance sheet only after sanitising their hands.
- Candidates had to drop their JEE Main admit card and rough sheet in the box after showing them to the invigilator.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Schedule
Candidates must fill out the application form carefully. The JEE Main updated dates with the schedule for the examination are mentioned below:
|Important Events/ Schedule||Session 1||Session 2|
|Start Date to fill the JEE Main Application Form||15 Dec 2022||Mar 2023|
|Last Date to fill the JEE Main Application Form||12 Jan 2023||Mar 2023|
|Start and End Date for Application Correction Window||13 to 14 Jan 2023||Mar 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card||21 Jan 2023||Third week of Mar 2023|
|JEE Main Exam Date||Jan 24, 25, 28 (2nd shift only), 29, 30, 31 and Feb 1, 2023||6 to 12 Apr 2023|
|Provisional Answer Key - Release||Feb 2023||Apr 2023|
|Objection Window||Feb 2023||Apr 2023|
|Final Answer Key - Release||Feb 2023||Apr 2023|
|Results||Feb 2023||Apr 2023|
JEE Main 2023 Exam Timings
The JEE Main exam will be conducted shift-wise. Candidates are assigned particular shifts that are mentioned in the admit card.
|Events||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Timings of the Exam||9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M||3:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. (6:30 for Paper 2)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours (3:30 hours for Paper 2)|
|Timings for Entering the Examination Hall||7:30 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.||2:00 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.|
|Invigilator’s Instruction||8:30 A.M. - 8:50 A.M.||2:30 P.M. - 2:50 P.M.|
|Exam Starting Time||9:00 A.M||3:00 P.M|
|Exam Ending Time||12:00 P.M||6:00 P.M. (6:30 for Paper 2)|
Do’s and Don’ts for the JEE Main Exam 2023
The JEE Main lays down some rules and regulations for the candidates appearing for the exam. We have displayed the do’s and don’ts in the table below:
|1.||Do reach the examination centre before the start of the exam.||Don't carry any extra or unnecessary baggage.|
|2.||Do carry your admit card, and you must also bring an additional photograph to paste into the attendance sheet.||Don’t carry electronic devices like a calculator, electronic watch/ smartwatch, or mobile phone.|
|3.||Do check if the system functions properly.||Don’t solve the questions in a hurry.|
|4.||Do check if the credentials in the attendance sheet are correct.||Don’t rush to leave the examination hall, wait for the invigilators' instruction.|
|5.||Do maintain social distance and carry your own sanitiser.||Don’t get nervous if the question paper is hard, try and solve as much as possible.|
|6.||Do carry your own geometry box if appearing for paper 2.||Don’t carry eatable items inside the examination hall.|