Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts the Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET). The candidates who qualify for the exam will be eligible to get admission to post-diploma in various engineering colleges of Karnataka. Everything that the candidates need to know about the DCET 2021 is given here.
- What is DCET?
- DCET 2021 Exam Date
- DCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- DCET 2021 Application Form
- DCET 2021 Admit Card
- DCET 2021 Exam Centre
- DCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- DCET 2021 Syllabus
- DCET 2021 Results
- DCET 2021 Answer Key
- DCET 2021 Counselling
- DCET Preparation Tips
What is DCET?
The full form of DCET is Diploma Common Entrance Test. Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the DCET every year. Qualifying candidates are shortlisted for 2nd-year undergraduate engineering and 1st-year architecture programs. The candidates who qualify for the exam will be eligible for admission in both day and evening colleges in Karnataka.
|Full-Form||Diploma Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority|
DCET 2021 Exam Date
The DCET 2021 official exam notification will be released soon on the official website. Tentative dates of all important exam events are tabulated below:
|Online Application Form||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date to fill the application Form||Last week of June 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||July 2021|
|DCET 2021 Exam Date||August 2021|
|Release of DCET Provisional Answer Key||To be notified|
|Objection Window||To be notified|
|Release of Result and Final Answer Key||To be notified|
DCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka Education Authority sets the DCET eligibility criteria. The candidates need to know about the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Below is the given information regarding eligibility for various courses.
BE courses (Day/ Evening Engineering Colleges)
- The candidates must have passed the diploma from a recognized university with 45% marks.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the minimum passing mark is 40%.
- The candidates must also have full-time work experience for 2 years from a recognized government or private firm/company/industry
B.Arch Courses (Day Engineering College)
- The candidates should have secured at least 40% in NATA 2021 conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- All applicants must have qualified for the final diploma exam (or equivalent) with at least 50% aggregate marks combined. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, native to Karnataka, require 45% marks.
DCET 2021 Application Form
The DCET 2021 application form will be available on the official website of KEA. The candidates can fill and submit the form before the last date. Candidates must make sure to enter the correct details while filling the application form.
How to fill the DCET application form 2021?
Given below is the procedure to fill the DECT online application form 2021. While filling the form, candidates must make sure to fill in all needed details. All documents should be uploaded in the prescribed format only. Also, a mandatory application fee should be paid. Only completed applications will be considered for admission.
- Go to the official website (cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea).
- On the homepage, click on DCET 2021.
- Click on the new registration tab.
- Fill in all details and register. On successful registration, candidates will receive an application id and password through the registered mail or mobile no.
- Log in using the credentials and enter the required information on the application form.
- Upload all needed documents.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photograph, parent's signature, and left thumb impression.
- After filling the application form, the candidates are advised to cross-check the filed details, submit their application form, and pay the application fee.
- Take a printout of the application form and the fee receipt.
DCET Application Fee 2021
The DCET application fee should be paid online only. The candidates can pay the application fee for appearing in DCET 2021 through one of the available modes of payment. Payment through credit/debit card or Net Banking is acceptable. Below is the given information regarding the application fee
DCET 2021 Admit Card
The Karnataka Examination Authority will release the DCET hall ticket 2021. The candidates who have filled the application form can download the hall ticket from the official website. Given below is the step-by-step guide to download the admit card:
Steps to download the DCET Admit Card
- Visit the official website of DCET (cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea).
- Enter the login credentials and submit.
- The hall ticket will appear on the screen.
- Candidates can download the DCET hall ticket.
- Take a print out of the DCET 2021 hall ticket
Details in DCET Admit Card
The following details will be mentioned in the admit card of DCET 2021. Candidates must make sure all details are correct. All aspirants must carry the admit card to the allotted exam centres:
- Registration Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Venue of exam
- Photograph and signature
DCET 2021 Exam Centre
The DCET exam is conducted in the state of Karnataka. The candidates can choose the exam centres for DCET 2021, as per their convenience. Below is a list of the DCET exam centres:
DCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must prepare an effective study schedule, and to do that they must have a good understanding of the exam pattern. Provided below are the important details of the DCET 2021 exam pattern.
Mode of exam: Offline
Nature of paper: Objective (MCQs)
Paper duration: 180 minutes (3 hours)
1 mark is awarded for correct answers
There is no negative marking
Engineering (All courses)
DCET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
- Candidates should reach the allotted centre on time.
- Carry the DCET 2021 admit card.
- Carry blue/black pen (gel pens are not allowed).
- All candidates should carry valid identity proof such as Aadhaar.
- Don't carry any of the prohibited items mentioned in the admit card.
DCET 2021 Syllabus
The conducting authority decides the DCET 2021 syllabus. Candidates can refer to the lists provided below for all the topics included in the syllabus.
For Engineering Mathematics and Applied Science:
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction Calculus
- Coordinate geometry
- Application of Differentiation
- Integral Calculus
- Definite Integral
- Differential Equations
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Heat and Properties of Gases
- Wave Motion
- Modern Physics
- Industrial Chemistry
For Computer Science and Engineering/Information Science and Engineering:
- Digital and Fundamental Communication
- Operation Systems
- Programming with C
- Data structure using C
- Database Management System
- OOPs with JAVA
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Networks and Security
- Web Programming
For Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Semiconductor Device
- Analog and Electronics
- Measurement and Instrumentation
- Industrial Automation
- Digital Economics
- Application of Electronics
- Analog of Communication
- Digital Communication
- Advanced Communication
- Data Communication and Networking
- ARM controller
- Embedded System
DCET 2021 Exam Pattern
DCET is an online examination, conducted at the state level. The medium of the exam paper is English. The DCET exam will be conducted for 3 hours. A total number of 180 questions will be asked. All questions are compulsory. The exam pattern for DCET is tabulated below:
DCET 2021 Results
Karnataka Education Authority (KEA) will release the DCET 2021 results on its official website. The merit list will also be published according to the marks scored by the candidates. The steps to check the result are given below:
Steps to check the DCET results
- Go to the official website of DCET
- Click on the view result link.
- Enter the credentials and log in.
- You’ll find the DCET on your screen.
- Download the DCET result and take a copy of the result.
DCET 2021 Answer Key
After the commencement of the exam, the conducting authority releases the answer key. The answer key is the solution to the questions asked in the exam. The candidates can access the key by logging into the official website. The DCET answer key will be published twice. The first answer key is known as the provisional answer key. Once the final answer key is released candidates can calculate their secured marks.
DCET 2021 Counselling
After the results are announced for DCET, the candidates who qualify for the exam will be eligible for the counselling process. Candidates have to report to the counselling centre at the given date and time along with the necessary documents. The candidates who fail to report to the counselling centre will not be allowed to take up the course.
Documents required for DCET Counselling
The following list of documents is required to attend the DCET counselling 2021. Applicants must make sure that the documents are valid and are in good condition.
- Educational qualifications
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets
- Valid identity proofs
- Reservation certificate, if applicable.
- Nativity certificate, if applicable.
DCET Preparation Tips
Provided below are some tips to help you prepare for the DCET 2021 and ace the exam.
- Prepare a timetable- Making a schedule will help the candidate with better preparation and will also help in covering all the topics for the exam. Eight months is considered to be ideal for the preparation of the DCET exam. With a proper exam preparation strategy, the candidate can score well in the examination.
- Start with basics- The candidate should start with basics for the preparation of the exam. It is crucial to be clear with all the concepts, as it will help in solving the problems efficiently. Candidates should practice answering the questions as per the time limits given.
- Practicing the previous year question papers- It is crucial to solve past year's question papers. Regular practice of question papers will help the candidates in strengthening their knowledge, and it will also help in increasing their speed to solve the question papers.