GATE or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, offers a wide range of job and education opportunities for aspiring engineers in India. Candidates aspiring to study postgraduation in the engineering field can attempt the GATE exam. Candidates with a valid GATE 2022 score will be eligible for admission into premium institutes like the IITs for masters and doctoral programs. IIT Kharagpur will conduct GATE 2022.
The GATE exam tests candidates on comprehensive knowledge and offers admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate engineering courses. GATE is considered to be one of the most difficult exams in the country.
As per the latest notification, the GATE 2022 examination is expected to be on Feb 5,6,12, and 13, 2022.
- Sep 2, 2021: The GATE 2022 Application Forms are available now! Those who are interested to apply must apply for the exam on or before Sep 24, 2021. For more information, visit GATE Application Form.
- Aug 30, 2021: The application forms for GATE 2022 have been delayed as per the latest notification by IIT Kharagpur today. The registrations will now commence from Sep 2, 2021. Candidates can also select Leh as the exam centre from the list for 2022.
- Aug 1, 2021: The registrations for GATE 2022 will begin from Aug 30, 2021. The last date to apply is scheduled as Sep 24, 2021 (Regular period).
Table of Contents:
- What is GATE Exam?
- GATE 2022 Exam Date
- GATE 2022 Admit Card
- GATE 2022 Application Form
- GATE 2022 Eligibility
- GATE 2022 Preparation
- GATE 2022 Syllabus
- GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2022 Reference Books
- GATE 2022 Exam Centres
- GATE 2022 Answer Key
- GATE 2022 Results
- GATE 2022 Cut Off
- GATE 2022 Counselling
- PSU Through GATE 2022
- GATE Rank Predictor
- GATE 2022 contact Details
What is GATE Exam?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, and Madras) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE 2022 Highlights
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Course Offered||M.E./ M.Tech/ Ph.D. and PSU Recruitment|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, MHRD, Government of India conducts GATE every year. Each year, one of the following institutes assumes the responsibility of conducting the entrance test.
|IIT Bombay||IIT Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Kanpur|
|IIT Kharagpur||IIT Madras|
|IIT Roorkee||IISC Bangalore|
Importance of GATE Exam
A valid GATE score is an essential requirement for getting admission or financial assistance for the following from institutions supported by MHRD or other Government agencies.
- Master's Programs
- Direct Doctoral Programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
- Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science
Moreover, the GATE score is also mandatory to be eligible for the various recruitment processes in many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
GATE Score of any given year is valid for THREE years.
The score is impacted by the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which will be quantified or measured based on the examination data of the previous years. GATE exam is rated as one of the most difficult exams in India since it provides a lot of benefits to an examinee.
GATE 2022 Exam Dates
IIT Kharagpur, the conducting authority has already released the official notification for the upcoming GATE exam. All the important GATE 2022 Exam Dates have been updated below. Do visit this page regularly for further updates.
|Application Form (GOAPS Portal) Availability||Sep 2, 2021|
|Last date of registration without late fee||Sep 24, 2021|
|Last date to register for the examination with a late fee||Oct 1, 2021|
|Application form correction window||Oct 26, 2021 - Nov 1, 2021|
|Changing GATE Exam Application Form Details - Name, DoB, Address, University Name, Degree Name||Nov 1, 2021|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Exam City/Change of Paper/Change of Category (with additional fee)||Nov 12, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Jan 3, 2022|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|Feb 5, 2022
Feb 6, 2022
Feb 12, 2022
Feb 13, 2022
|Answer Key and Response Sheet Release Date||To be announced|
|Window to Submit the Objections over Answer Key||To be announced|
|Final Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|GATE 2022 Result Date||Mar 17, 2022|
|GATE 2022 Score Card||To be announced|
Read more: GATE 2022 Exam Dates
GATE 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card from the official GOAPS portal. The GATE 2022 Admit card will not be sent by post. All candidates are expected to download the admit card in colour print-out (preferred) and check all their details beforehand. Also, they have to carry a valid photo identification proof to the exam hall along with the admit card. Without these documents, one will not be allowed inside the exam centre. The identification document can be any one of the below: Passport / PAN card / Voter ID / Aadhaar-UID / College Id / Employee ID / Driving License
The admit card is valid only if the photograph and the signature on the admit card are found to be precise and clear.
How to download GATE 2022 Admit Card?
- Step 1: Visit the official GOAPS portal for GATE 2022
- Step 2: Click on the 'Download Admit Card' link
- Step 3: Enter the registration number and password to log in and download the Admit Card.
- Step 4: Make sure to cross-check all details on the admit card before downloading it and taking a printout.
Details provided on GATE 2022 Admit Card
GATE Admit Card contains all the necessary information regarding the GATE exam and the required personal details about the applicant. The details mentioned on the GATE 2022 Admit Card are Candidate’s Name, Candidate Signature and Photograph, Exam Date and Time Slot, Exam Day Instructions, Registration Number, Exam Centre Address, GATE Paper/Code.
Read more: GATE 2022 Admit Card
GATE 2022 Application Form
The GATE application form 2022 is available on the official website. The GATE 2022 application form is available from Sep 2, 2021 to Sep 24, 2021. Candidates can fill their application form only in the online mode on the official website in the GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) Portal.
Subject Code: Among the 29 papers available in GATE, the candidate has to select one particular paper while filling their application form.
How to Register for GATE 2022?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to successfully register for the GATE 2022 exam.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Enter all relevant details like name, email id, country, etc.
- Step 3: Create a password that is unique and 8-15 characters long. It should also have a single number or alphabet.
- Step 4: Enter the captcha and click the ‘Submit button.
After the registration process is completed, one confirmation message will be sent to the registered email id of the candidate. After the GATE 2022 registration, candidates can proceed to apply for GATE 2022.
How to apply for GATE 2022?
Candidates can visit the official website of GATE to complete their application for the exam. The steps to successfully apply for the GATE exam are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Log in to the registered account and click on the 'Apply' button.
- Step 2: Candidates have to update all the important fields like the photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), and/or learning disabilities certificate, wherever applicable.
- Step 3: Candidates must enter the ID number as per any of the following documents: Passport / PAN Card / Voter ID / Aadhaar-UID / College ID / Employee ID / Driving License
|Passport size photograph||2 kb -200 kb|
|Signature||2 kb-150 kb|
|Category Certificate (if any)||10 kb -300 kb|
|PwD Certificate (if any)||10 kb – 300 kb|
- Step 4: Next, candidates must proceed to the application fee payment.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
The application fee payment for the GATE exam is to be done during the application process. Candidates who wish to appear in the GATE 2022 exam have to pay the mandatory application fees. The structuring of GATE fees payment is based on the caste category of the candidate and if the submission is made on time or not. Based on the location of exam centres the GATE 2022 Application Fee varies and the tables below present that data.
|Category||Without Late Fee||With Late Fee|
|SC/ST/PwD Students||INR 750||INR 1250|
|Female Candidates||INR 750||INR 1250|
|Other Candidates||INR 1500||INR 2000|
The application fee for Female or SC/ST/PwD candidates is INR 750. For candidates belonging to the General Category, the Fee is INR 1500. If candidates are paying after the last date of the application then they have to pay an extra amount of INR 500 for the application process.
|Country||Without late fee||With late fee|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
Candidates belonging to foreign countries have to pay US$ 20 extra as a late fee if they apply after the last date of the application process.
- Step 5: After this, the application form must be duly submitted.
A few points to keep in mind while paying the GATE application fees are mentioned below:
- Registration: Candidates have to give their name as per identity proof. They have to give a valid email id, phone number. Finally, candidates have to create a password. All further communication will be done through the email id and phone number.
- Enrolment ID: Each candidate will be provided with an enrolment Id, which will be sent to each candidate by mail. This reference ID will remain the same for all future communication.
- Password: Finally, the candidate must create a password. It is much better and safe not to create a password that is easy, meaning students are expected not to keep their date of birth or names as their password.
GATE 2022 Application Correction
Candidates will get one opportunity to make the necessary changes in the GATE 2022 Application form. Candidates will be able to make changes in particular fields only. The window to make changes in the GATE application form will be from Oct 26 to Nov 1, 2021, as per the official announcement made by the GATE organizers. No changes will be entertained after the last date specified by the conducting authority. The fields in which the candidates can make changes are: Name / Date of Birth / Gender / Category / Parent's Name / Country / Mobile Number / Address / Qualifying degree details / PwD status.
Read more: GATE 2022 Application Form
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should understand the importance of going through the pre-defined GATE eligibility criteria before attempting to fill the GATE application. The requirements stated under GATE eligibility are decided by the official authorities responsible for organizing the GATE exam. The education requirement for GATE eligibility qualification is (10+2+3). Candidates studying in the third year of their undergraduate can also apply for the GATE exam.
Given below are the highlights of the GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognized University|
|Age Criteria||No Age Limit|
|Required Documents||Degree Certificate or else Provisional Certificate from HOD or College Principal|
|Final year Students||Candidates in the final year of a qualifying degree are also eligible to apply, provided they submit the certificate from the Principal of the University or College.|
For B.Tech / B.E / B.Pharma Candidates
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+ 2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering / Technology)
- Candidates currently in the 3rd year are also eligible to apply (expected year of completion - 2022).
For B.Arch Candidates
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture (5-year course) / Planning (4-year course) / Naval Architecture (4-year course).
- Candidates currently in the 3rd year are also eligible to apply (expected year of completion - 2022 ( for 4-year programs) / 2024 (for 5-year programs)
For Foreign Candidates
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates who have completed their Post Graduation in any relevant subject.
- Candidates in the final year are eligible to apply.
- The minimum duration of the course should be 3 years.
- Candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Srilanka, UAE, Singapore are eligible to apply.
Some professional societies conduct exams equivalent to the engineering exams as well. Candidates who take up these exams are also eligible to take the GATE 2022 entrance exam. These professional societies are listed below:
The Institutions of Engineers (IE)
The Institutions of Civil Engineers (ICE)
The Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IChemE)
The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
Having said this, students must make sure that these exams are conducted and approved by MHRD/ AICTE/MHRD/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Planning etc. Otherwise, they will not be eligible to appear for GATE Exam under any circumstances.
Read more: GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Documents Required for GATE 2022
Applicants are advised to go through the list of required documents for attempting the GATE exam 2022. If the candidate has already passed one of the qualifying examinations (in 2020 or earlier), then he/she must submit (i.e. upload) the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute or society in the application form.
If the aspirant is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria for any of the courses as specified in the brochure (page 6) he/she has to upload a certificate provided by the Head of the Department or Institute (in the format given in Appendix A) or a copy of mark sheet for Section A of AMIE. This certificate must have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Department with the current date. Appendix B will have a list of the qualifying disciplines. Both Appendices A and B will be available on the official website. Candidates must go through this carefully and comply with the requirements.
GATE 2022 Preparation Tips
Applicants who are willing to appear for the GATE 2022 should strategize their preparation efficiently. The GATE exam is considered to be difficult to crack, which means the preparation for the same should be precise and proper. Candidates can follow some tips mentioned below to nurture their GATE preparations.
- Scan the syllabus: Before beginning the GATE 2022 preparation it is important to know the topics involved in the syllabus. The best way to know about the syllabus is to go through the previous year question papers (based on the subject you choose) and gather as many sample/mock papers as possible. This will also give you an overall picture regarding the difficulty level of questions asked and information about the exam pattern. Also, refer to several reference books and study material to cover every topic.
- Develop A Timetable: It is important to prepare a realistic timetable of your own. Focus on the basics during the initial stages of preparation and also give priority to practice. Learning the concepts and then practising rigorously is very important to crack this exam.
- Revise: Revision will help you stay in touch with the syllabus. After you learn certain concepts, it is important to revisit the topics once again and learn them. It will also be of great help if you take short notes of what you learn. Writing down important formulae and other vital concepts will help you to revise before the exam. Also as there are a lot of books available in the market, picking the right GATE study material will help you to score well.
- Choose Easy Subjects: Make sure you can get a perfect score in the fairly easy subjects. In other words, covering the easy subjects completely will help you to improve your score and thereby improve your AIR. Subjects like Mathematics, Digital Logic and Aptitude are considered easy and high scoring.
- Mock Tests: Taking mocks and analyzing them thoroughly is very important. Mock tests will train you for the actual test and also after analyzing a mock you will come to know about your strong and weak areas and this will help you focus on those particular topics and score well in the actual GATE 2022 exam.
Guidelines to Select Scribes
In case the student is disabled and cannot write the GATE 2022 Exam on their own for any particular reason, they can select a scribe to do it for them. There is an option with which the students can select their scribe. Otherwise, candidates can also approach the GATE authority to get a scribe. Candidates are requested to take a look at the guidelines below before selecting a scribe.
Scribe Arranged by the candidate
- The scribe arranged by a candidate must not be attending the GATE 2022 exam. That scribe must have a qualification that is at least one step less than the candidate.
- During the exam, the scribe shall not translate or interpret or emphasize the test paper elements to the candidate
- Candidate has to take up full responsibility to bring a scribe if they require it
- The GATE exam authorities will not pay any money or honorarium to the scribe
Scribe Arranged by GATE 2022
- Students must well before opting for the option of ' Scribe arrangement by GATE'.
- If 'N' number of candidates have opted for this scribe service by GATE, then there will be at least 'N+1' scribes will be arranged by GATE to have some alternative options open.
- Once again the scribe arranged by GATE will not translate or interpret or emphasize the test paper elements to the candidate.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
The GATE syllabus is determined by the official authorities responsible for organizing the GATE exam. The GATE exam is conducted for 27 subjects. The candidate will be allowed to attend either one or two papers. The list of subjects as well as its code is provided in the GATE official information brochure (page 7). This brochure will be available on the official website.
The General Aptitude section and Engineering Mathematics sections are common for all the subjects and disciplines. General Aptitude constitutes 15% of the total paper weightage.
Each of the following subjects has been divided into two categories one is Core Topics and the other is Special Topics. 90% of the paper will constitute core topics and 10% of the paper will have special topics. Candidates who opt to take up two subject papers in the examination, should do so by first checking with the list of approved subject combinations and the list will be created based on the availability of infrastructure and exam date.
Candidates can go through the below GATE 2022 subject wise syllabus :
Note: Candidates must also note that two new topics have been added to the prexisting syllabus, i.e. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, and Geomatics Engineering which will be followed from GATE 2022 exam, more information related to this will be updated soon.
Read More: GATE 2022 Syllabus
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to clearly understand the GATE exam pattern determined by the official authorities. Understanding the GATE exam pattern will also help the candidates in structuring the preparation process dor the GATE exam. The exam will be Computer Based Mode. GATE 2022 paper will contain 65 questions and for a total of 100 marks. Questions asked in the GATE are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with 4 options. Each question will be either for 1 mark or 2 marks. This scheme will apply to all the subjects.
Negative Marks: There are negative marks for each incorrectly answered question. For each incorrectly answered 1 mark answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted and the 2 mark questions will attract a penalty of 2/3rd marks.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|
|Total Duration||180 mins ( 3 hours)|
|Marks for right answers||1 or 2 marks depending on the section|
1/3 rd (for 1 mark questions), 2/3 rd (for 2 marks questions)
|Type of Questions||MCQ, MSQ, NAT|
Distribution of Marks
The distribution of marks in the GATE exam is divided based on the importance a particular subject carries in the selection process. Candidates can go through the distribution structure given below. Engineering Maths will not be a part of the GATE question paper for a few disciplines. The list of such disciplines as mentioned below.
Architecture and Planning (AR) / Chemistry (CY) / Ecology and Evolution (EY) / Geology and Geophysics ( GG) / Mathematics (MA) / Physics (PY) / Statistics (ST)
XL: Biochemistry, Botony, Microbiology, Zoology, Food Technology
XH: Economics, English, Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology
The Marks Distribution for the mentioned disciplines are given below
- General Aptitude: 15 Marks
- Subject Questions: 85 Marks
- Total: 100 Marks
Marks Distribution for the other disciplines
- General Aptitude: 15 Marks
- Engineering mathematics: 13 Marks
- Subject Questions: 72 Marks
- Total Marks: 100 Marks
Numerical Answer Type Questions
These questions will not have any options and students must enter the right answer. The answer will generally be in integers. Even if the answer is in decimals, it is ideal to write up to three decimal points. There are no negative marks for NAT questions.
General Aptitude will constitute 10 questions for a total of 15 marks (15% of the total marks) in all the papers. This section is designed to test the language and analytical skills of the candidate.
In subjects with the following codes AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, Mathematics Paper will constitute 15% and General Aptitude will constitute 15% of the total marks. The remaining 70% will be constituted by the core subject-based questions.
For subjects with codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST and XL 15% of the total marks go for General Aptitude. The other 85% is for the core subject-based questions.
|Subject Code||Mathematics||General Aptitude||Other (Core Subject)|
|AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE,||15%||15%||70%|
|AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, and XL||-||15%||85%|
Note: You can know more about the types of questions in the GATE exam by visiting the official information brochure (page.21).
Read More: GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
GATE 2022 Reference Books
To prepare effectively for the GATE exam, candidates have to obtain the correct study material. There are no specific books written for GATE preparation but the content to cover the exam syllabus can be accessed through several renowned books. This section contains specific books that are useful for GATE 2022 preparation. The GATE 2022 reference books are listed below.
Books for Mechanical Engineering
The reference books for Mechanical Engineering are mentioned below.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Theory of Machines||R.S Khurmi|
|Engineering Mechanics||S.S Bhavikatti|
|Production Engineering||Amitabh Ghosh|
Books for Computer Science Engineering
The reference books for Computer Science Engineering are mentioned below.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Software Engineering||Pressman Publications|
|Computer Organisation||Carl Hamacher|
|Theory of Computation||Ullman|
Books for Electrical Engineering
The reference books for Electrical Engineering are mentioned below.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Network Analysis||Val Vulken Berg|
|Signals and Systems||Oppenheim Wisky|
|Electrical Machines||P.S. Bhimbra|
Books for Electronics and Communication Engineering
The reference books for Electronics Engineering are mentioned below.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits||Millman And Halkias|
|Electrical Engg. (Problems and Solutions)||Natesan|
Read More: GATE 2022 Reference Books
GATE 2022 Exam Centres
GATE exam centre is selected by the candidate at the time of the application process. Applicants have the privilege of giving three cities as their GATE exam centre options. The second city that they choose must be of the same zone from which the first city is chosen. But the third city can be chosen from any of the zones and there is no restriction. The final allotment will be made by the official authorities based on the availability of seats.
Remember the GATE exam will also take place in 6 cities outside India. There are 8 zonal exam centres for GATE 2022. Last year there were a total of 206 cities allotted for the GATE entrance exam. This year only 199 cities are chosen as test centres.
Information on GATE 2022 Exam Centres List
In all the centres, the number of scribes will be more than the number required for PWD candidates. All PWD candidates will be granted permission to visit the particular GATE Test Centre a day before the exam. This is to help them get familiarized with the venue.
The list of GATE exam centres is mentioned in the table below:
|GATE Zones||GATE 2022 Examination Cities|
|IISc Bangalore||Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Bellary, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubli, Hyderabad, Gulbarga, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysore, Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shimoga, Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain|
|IIT Guwahati||Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|IIT Madras||Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi, Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur, Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar.|
Read More: GATE 2022 Exam Centres
GATE 2022 Answer key
The conducting authority has released the official GATE answer key on February 26, 2022. Candidates can cross-check the answer keys with their answers to arrive at the possible score. Candidates can follow the below steps to download the answer key.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Step 3: In the notification section, click on the 'answer key' link.
- Step 4: View and download the answer key.
GATE 2022 Objection to Answer Key
The conducting authority of GATE 2022 gives the candidates an option to raise objections on the official answer key. Candidates can follow the steps given below to raise objections
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'Answer key' link.
- Step 3: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Step 4: Select the paper that you appeared for.
- Step 5: Click on the 'Raise Objection' button.
- Step 6: Check the question number from the official answer key and enter the question id.
- Step 7: Pay the relevant fee using the available payment methods and click on the Submit button.
Read more: GATE 2022 Answer Keys
GATE 2022 Result
The GATE 2022 result and the scorecard will be available on the official GOAPS portal. After the last date, if a candidate wants to download the scorecard, he/she will have to pay INR 500.
The last date to get the GATE 2021 scorecard by paying the fine amount is December 31, 2022. After that, the scorecard cannot be accessed.
|GATE Result Related Events||Dates|
|GATE 2022 Results Release||To be announced|
|Scorecard Download Period||To be announced|
|Last date of Scorecard Download (with fine)||To be announced|
GATE Scorecard is valid for THREE years from the date of the scorecard being released. This means the GATE 2022 score can be used for admission and job recruitment for three years from 2022.
Read More: GATE 2022 Result
GATE Cut off
Previous year cutoffs can be instrumental in devising a strategy to crack GATE 2022. Given below is a table of the GATE 2020 Cutoffs.
|Subject||Code||Qualifying Cutoff Marks|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||29.5||26.6||19.7|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||26.7||24||17.8|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF||40.1||36.1||26.7|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||41||36.9||27.3|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||37.1||33.4||24.7|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||44.5||40.1||29.7|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||32.2||29||21.5|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES||-||-||-|
|Humanities and Social Science||XH||-||-||-|
Read More: GATE Cut Off
GATE 2022 Counselling
A valid GATE score is essential or opens the way for admission into colleges or even financial assistance or scholarships.
- Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
- Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
These are some programs for which taking the GATE 2022 entrance exam is mandatory.
To avail of financial assistance (scholarship/assistantship), a candidate must first secure admission to a program in any of the central government supported institutes. Depending upon the norms adopted by a specific institute.
Each institute may have a different selection procedure, some may conduct an interview or a test after the GATE exam. The criteria for Post Graduate courses with scholarships may be completely different.
After getting admission candidates must complete the procedures of MHRD scholarship/assistantship in the institute.
The admitting institute may also specify the total number of candidates for financial assistance (scholarship). Qualifying GATE is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations.
Important Points for admission through GATE 2022
The GATE 2022 exam has 25 papers and the candidate has the complete right to choose the paper he or she wants. But some programs may accept a particular paper, hence it is mandatory to check what the admitting institute requires for the desired program and then apply.
For this candidates have to check the official website of the admission institute.
Documents Required for GATE 2022 Counselling
- Appropriate Document for SC/ST (approved by competent authority)
- Document for PWD candidates
- Proper dyslexic certificate issued by any Dyslexia Association
If the candidates belonging to EWS or SC/ST category fail to produce a valid document for their category they will be treated as General Category candidates.
Read more: GATE 2022 Counselling
PSU Through GATE 2022
In the previous years, the GATE score has been used by various reputed Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) to provide recruitment. Some of the PSUs that recruit through GATE are listed below.
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)||Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)|
|Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)||Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)|
|National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)||Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)|
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)||Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCI).|
Apart from these companies, direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central Government is also done through a valid GATE score. Some of the posts are:
- Senior Field Officer (Tele)
- Senior Research Officer (Crypto)
- Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat
Generally, the notification for these kinds of posts is made in National Newspapers/Employment News/Rozgar Samachar.
GATE Rank Predictor
GATE score predictor is an important tool that is used to predict the ranks of the candidates based on their expected scores right before the announcement of the results. It doesn't returns the actual ranks of the candidates but the expected ones. The rank obtained will help the candidates to analyze or predict the college they will get before participating in the counselling process.
Candidates who have appeared in the GATE 2022 examination can predict their rank with the help of this tool. They can also calculate their expected marks in the examination with the help of the official answer key, response sheet & question paper.
GATE Helpline and Contact
Monday to Friday (except holidays) : 10:00AM to 6:00PM
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
West Bengal - 721302
Phone No.: +91-3222-282091, +91-3222-282095
Email ID: [email protected]
How many times GATE exam can be given?
There is no limit for the number of attempts or the age limit of a person to apply for the GATE exam.
Is there an option that allows me to check the status of my GATE application form?
Yes, there is. You can simply log in to the GOAPS website and check for the status of your application form. If the application fee payment is successful, your application form will be accepted.
After the completion of application form and converting it into the PDF version, is there a provision to correct any of the information?
No, once you have completed the application process up to the PDF step, there is no provision to correct the information. This is why it is necessary that you provide the correct information from the beginning of the application process and be careful of what you will be entering and not make any spelling mistakes.
How do I access my application form incase i forgot to take a printout?
It is easy, just login with the GOAPS enrollment ID and password and you will be able to download and print out the application form.
What are the documents that I can provide as identity proof?
Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID for Indian Candidates. For Foreign Candidates it should be a valid Passport, Government issued ID, College ID, Employment ID.
What should I provide in case I am still in the final semester of my course?
A letter from the head of department of the course/institution you are studying in would suffice.
What do I do, if the power/ internet connection failed during the submission of application fee online?
You need to login to the GOAPS website again and check the status of the application fees. If it is made, you can continue with the process of printing the application form. In case of payment being deducted from your account and not recognised by GOAPS, then money will be credited to your account in a week or more after the closure of the application process. You may initiate fresh payment for the application without waiting for the money to be credited in your account. This will ensure that your application submission will be on time.
As a foreign candidate, what is the eligibility criteria to apply?
A foreign candidate should have completed or be in the final year of their Bachelor’s Degree (duration must be at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology. (OR) Candidates should have completed or be in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master\'s) Degree (duration must be at least 2 years) in any of the relevant subjects in science. The application fee ranges between USD 50 to USD 120 depending on which country the candidate is from. There is no age limit for foreign candidates as well.
Where do I find the syllabus topics in the Information Brochure?
You can find it on Page 39 of the Brochure. Each subject is divided into core topics and special topics.
Can I get shortlisted for HPCL Recruitment 2021 without GATE?
Yes, candidates will be shortlisted for HPCL recruitment 2021 without taking the GATE examination. HPCL recruits candidates through direct selection for the post of various engineers.