Get complete information on MBA Entrance Exams in India 2023. Check the exam names, dates, syllabus, list, notification, question papers and latest updates on upcoming MBA Entrance Exams.
Latest Updates for
- 10 February 2024 :
NEET Application Form 2024 has been released. The last date to apply is Mar 9, 2024.
MBA entrance exams are conducted to shortlist the candidates for MBA admissions. There are more than 50 entrance exams for admission into top MBA colleges in India. The most popular is the CAT exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). In India, MBA entrance exams are conducted at three different levels.
Table of Contents
- List of MBA Entrance Exams in India 2023
- Last Dates of Applying in Different MBA Entrance Exams for 2023
- MBA Entrance Exams Pattern
- MBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
- MBA Colleges that Accept Various Entrance Exams
- MBA Entrance Test Application Fees
- MBA Entrance Admission Process
- MBA course Specialisations
Also Read on MBA Admission
List of MBA Entrance Exams in India 2023
Candidates must know the full details of the MBA entrance exams they are applying for, and prepare themselves accordingly. CAT and XAT being the most popular MBA entrance exams, there are few other MBA entrance exams through which the candidates can get admission in reputed B-Schools.
- National Level: Most popular among them are CAT, CMAT, MAT
- State Level: Most popular among them are MAH-CET, TSICET, KMAT, TANCET, ATMA
- University Level: Some prominent entrance exams are XAT, SNAP, IIFT, IRMASAT
The list of exams to join MBA along with the syllabus, exam date, and other important details is given below.
Last Dates of Applying in Different MBA Entrance Exams for 2023
We will see the last dates of applying for various renowned MBA entrance exams along with the exam dates.
|MBA Exam Name
|Last Date to Fill Application Form (Tentative)
|Exam Date (Tentative)
|February 18, 2023
|February 25, 2023
|January 15, 2023
|February 26, 2023
|September 14, 2023
|November 26, 2023
|Available All Year
|Available All Year
|November 24, 2022
|December 18, 2022
|November 2023 to January 2024
|August 24, 2022
|December 10, 2022 to December 23, 2022
|December 11, 2022
|January 8, 2023
MBA Entrance Exams Pattern
Going through the exam pattern of the MBA entrance exam a candidate is applying for, will help the candidate to have an idea about the exam paper and the candidate can prepare accordingly. Applicants should also go through the syllabus, which helps them to score and rank well in the entrance exam. Exam patterns for a few of the top MBA entrance exams is given below.
|CAT Exam Pattern
|XAT Exam Pattern
|SNAP Exam Pattern
|MAT Exam Pattern
|CMAT Exam Pattern
|IIFT Exam Pattern
|TSICET Exam Pattern
|KMAT Exam Pattern
|MAH CET Exam Pattern
|APICET Exam Pattern
|TISSNET Exam Pattern
|TANCET Exam Pattern
|HPUMAT Exam Pattern
|MICAT Exam Pattern
|IRMASAT Exam Pattern
|OJEE Exam Pattern
|IBSAT Exam Pattern
|ATMA Exam Pattern
|NMAT Exam Pattern
MBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
To appear for the MBA entrance exam, the candidates must know the syllabus. Knowing the syllabus will help in scoring good marks and achieving the desired marks. Here is the syllabus:
MBA Colleges that Accept Various Entrance Exams
We will take a look at the top MBA colleges and which MBA exams 2023 they consider for pursuing MBA in their institutions.
|Accepted MBA Entrance Exams
|All the IIMs, IITs, SPJIMR, IMI, and 400+ more colleges
|All Symbiosis Institutes
|IMT, XLRI, GIM, XIME, and 100+ more colleges
|VIT, Great Lakes, and all the Institutes and Universities offering AICTE approved MBA/PGDM programs
|Tata Institute of Social Science
|IIFT Dekhi, IIFT Kolkata, IIFT Kakinada
|NMIMS Mumbai and 25+ colleges
|300 MBA and PGDM Colleges all over India
MBA Entrance Test Application Fees
Many institutions have increased their fees from last year. Some of the institutions though have kept the fees the same.
|MBA Entrance Exams
| Application Fees
MBA Entrance Admission Process
Several colleges offer MBA courses. The admission process may vary for different institutes. Here is the common MBA entrance admission process:
- The first step for the candidates is to select the college/ institute they want to apply to.
- Next, candidates need to check for the entrance exam specification.
- Then, candidates need to check if they are eligible for applying to that particular college/ institute.
- Candidates need to fill up the admission form, pay the fees. Appear for the exam on the date specified by the organizing committee.
- After the exam, the results will be published. Candidates can check their status and apply for admission.
MBA course Specialisations
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Business Analysis
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Investment Banking
- MBA in Management Consulting
Factors to be considered before taking up a job
Before exploring job opportunities after MBA in India, it is also important to understand some of the factors that are necessary to take up a job:
- Organization: When you are ready to take up a job in the organization, it is essential to analyze the nature of work in the respective organization, the scope of career development, success, failures, and future plans of the organization. These factors will help the candidates to figure out whether their choice is right or wrong
- Job Profile: Instead of accepting every job that comes your way, aim for a specific job that suits you. Do not accept a role based on pay, but think about taking a job based on your title as it will help you rise/develop on the path of professionalism.
- Location of the job: If you are taking up a job outside your native place/location, try to analyze the cost of living, accommodation, and transportation. You should make a detailed comparison of the salary you earn and expenses towards the cost of living.
- Other Factors: Some of the factors that you can consider before taking the job are:
- Salaries and Benefits
- Working Hours
- Opportunities offered by Employers
We hope this article has offered you a much better understanding of what these MBA courses and the career opportunities each of them offers. MBA is a globally renowned and acclaimed degree that bears a promise of well-paying jobs. However, not all management jobs pay well. Hence, to ensure that you end up landing your dream job, you must identify which MBA specialization best fits your career goals. Once you deduce that, the rest will become easier.