OJEE eligibility criteria 2024 is released annually by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board. The exam is conducted for candidates to be admitted to colleges in Odisha. The candidates must check whether they satisfy the eligibility conditions laid out by the conducting authorities.
Candidates who don’t meet the eligibility criteria will lose their candidature, and the application fee paid by them will not be refunded either.
Table of Content
- OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2024 Highlights
- OJEE UG Reservation Criteria 2024
- OJEE Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
- OJEE PG Courses Reservation Criteria
- OJEE Reservation Policy 2024
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2024 Highlights
Candidates can check the summary that has been tabulated below.
|Nationality||The applicant must be an Indian citizen. The admission to NRI or PIO candidates will be given if there are any excess or supplementary seats left.|
|Age Limit||B.Tech Marine Engineering - 22 years age limit for other courses.|
|Subjects||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and either Mathematics or Biology + one compulsory Language|
|Qualifying Exam||Candidates who have passed the 10+2 (or equivalent) exam from Odisha or any other state in India|
|Qualifying Marks||General: 45%, Reserved Category: 40%|
The table below shows the qualifying examination and subjects for the reference of the candidates.
|Programs||General (Aggregate %)||SC/ST (Aggregate %)||Qualifying Examination & Subjects|
|B.Planning||45%||40%||10+2 passed with Physics, Mathematics, Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotech, Technical Vocational Sub, Electronics, C.S, IT, Statistics, Geology)|
|B. Pharm||45%||40%||The eligibility condition is to have 10+2 passed with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and with one from the following subjects (Mathematics, Biology, BioTech, Technical Vocational Subject, Electronics, Computer Science, IT, Statistics & Geology)|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech||45%||40%||The eligibility condition is to have Passed a 3-year Diploma in an appropriate branch of engineering/technology.|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech (Marine)||55%||55%||Diploma in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical, Electrical & Electronics|
|Lateral Entry B.Sc||45%||40%||PCM or PCB at Graduation Level.|
|Lateral Entry B.Pharm||45%||40%||Eligibility is, to have a Diploma in Pharmacy|
OJEE UG Reservation Criteria 2024
Reservation Criteria of UG candidates appearing for OJEE 2024 are given in the below tabular format.
|Streams and Reservation of Seats|
|OJEE 2024 Courses||Categories|
|B.Tech/ B.Plan||8%||12%||5%||5%||3%||5%||30%||3% (Govt. Institute only)|
|B.Arch||8%||12%||5%||5%||3%||0%||30%||3% (Govt. Institute only)|
|L.E. B.Tech/ Pharma/ B.Sc||0||0||0||0||0||5%||0||0|
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2024 for UG Courses
Candidates can pursue UG-level courses in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Pharmacy, and Integrated MBA by clearing OJEE 2024 exam. The primary educational requirement is that the applicant qualified 10+2 from a recognized board. The detailed eligibility criteria for each UG course are given below.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharm Course
The eligibility criteria for B.Pharm is as follows:
- Academic Background: Candidates appearing for OJEE 2024 exams must have passed or should be appearing in the 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha, or its equivalent.
- Subjects: The candidate must have studied Physics and Chemistry compulsorily. Other than that, the candidate should have opted for one subject from Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, or any other Technical-Vocational subject.
- Marks: The candidate should have passed each subject in their class 12 exams. For the general category, the qualifying percentage is 45%. For candidates belonging to reserved categories, the qualifying percentage is 40%.
- Age limit: There is no age limit to appear for OJEE 2024 for admission into B. Pharm courses.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria for BHMS and BAMS
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS and BAMS courses are as follows:
- Educational qualifications: Candidates should pass the 10+2 Science examination of CHSE, Odisha or proportional, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) taken together, with no less than half the stamps in total for general classification competitors. 40% checks in total for the SC/ST candidates.
- Age Limit: Lower age limit is set to 17 years. Applicants need to submit HSC or, on the other hand, equal testament with the help of their age confirmation at the season of directing of OJEE 2024.
- NEET Score: Candidates should present a valid NEET 2024 score for admission to BHMS and BAMS courses offered at Odisha state.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria for 2nd year BE for Diploma Holders
Eligibility Criteria for 2nd year BE Diploma Holders are mentioned below:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed or should be appearing in the three-year diploma examination (two years in case of Lateral entry Diploma) in Engineering and Technology from Odisha, or any other state of India, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
- For Other State Candidates: A separate merit list shall be published for outside state candidates, and they will be allowed for admission to the remaining vacant seats, if any, after the state merit list is fully exhausted through centralized Counselling conducted by OJEE 2024 committee. The results of the final diploma examination must be available on the date of document verification during OJEE counseling 2024.
- Reservations: There is no reservation of OJEE 2024 seats in any of the categories/subcategories for admission into the Lateral Entry of various courses offered through OJEE 2024.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
The eligibility Criteria for the B.Tech (Marine Engineering) program are mentioned below:
- Rank: A candidate should be a rank holder of the lateral entry test conducted by OJEE 2024.
- Age: Less than 22 on the date of commencement of the course
- Minimum marks: A minimum of 60% marks in 1st year of an Engineering course, done from a college approved by AICTE
- Academic history: In the above cases, candidates participating in OJEE must have secured a 50% mark in English at the 10th/ 12th/ Diploma or degree level.
Eligibility for B.Pharm (Lateral Entry) for Diploma Holders
Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharm (Lateral Entry) for Diploma Holders are given below:
- Educational qualifications: Candidates must have passed or should appear in the 2024 diploma examination in two-year diploma courses after XII standard in Pharmacy with a minimum of 45% (40% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category) of marks.
- Age limit: There is no age limit for admission to OJEE 2024 B.Pharm course.
Eligibility to 2nd year Engineering (Lateral) for B.Sc Students
Eligibility criteria for 2nd Year Engineering(Lateral) for B.Sc Students are given as below:
- Educational qualifications: Candidates should pass Bachelor’s Degree exam of three years duration in Science from the any University of Odisha or a recognized University with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to the ST/SC category) and also must have passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
Highlights of OJEE 2024 for the UG course is given in tabular format below:
|OJEE Programmes/Courses||General (aggregate %)||SC/ST (aggregate %)||Qualifying Exam and Subjects|
|MBA||50%||45%||Eligibility criteria are to have Bachelor degree in any stream|
|MCA||50%||45%||Bachelor degree in any stream of 3 years duration, candidates must be passed Mathematics at 12th level or Graduation Level Note: Business Mathematics is not allowed|
|Lateral Entry MCA||50%||45%||Bachelor's degree of 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (IT, CS, IST, ITM), candidates must be passed Mathematics at 12th level or Graduation Level Note: Business Mathematics is not allowed|
|Integrated MBA (5 Years)||45%||40%||10+2 in any streams|
|M.Tech||50%||45%||B.Tech or M.Sc Degree in relevant field|
|M.Arch||50%||45%||Bachelor's Degree in Architecture|
|M.Plan||50%||45%||Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering or M.Sc Degree in relevant field|
|M.Pharm||55%||50%||Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Pharmacy|
Note: Candidates who have passed Graduation in BCA, B. Sc. (IT/Computer Science/IST/ITM) with mathematics as a subject at 10+2 or graduation level in approved institutes of other states are allowed to take admission in Private colleges as per their OJEE rank.
OJEE PG Courses Reservation Criteria 2024
Reservation of seats for post-graduation courses according to different streams in different categories have been mentioned below:
|Streams and Reservation of Seat|
|PGAT (All Masters Program)||8%||12%||0||5%||0||0||0||0|
OJEE Reservation Policy 2024
The reservation policy for the present year 2024 has been mentioned below in detail according to caste categories depending on the type of Engineering Institute:
|OJEE 2024 Caste Categories||In Government Engineering Institutions||In Private Engineering Institutions|
|Oriya (Odia) belonging to outlying Oriya (Odia) speaking tracts (OL)||3%||-|
|Women||30% in each category except ‘OL’ and ‘TFW’||30% in each category (SC, ST, GC, PC, Ex-Service)|
What is the eligibility criteria for MCA course through OJEE?
A candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any stream with a minimum of 3 years of duration with Mathematics as a mandatory subject in 10+2 or graduation level with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST category candidates).
What are the requirements to take the OJEE MBA exam?
Graduate candidates with an overall score of 50% are eligible to apply for OJEE 2023. Additionally, they must be Indian citizens. There is no restriction on candidates' ages who are taking the exam.
Is there a minimum age requirement to take the OJEE 2023?
No, the OJEE 2023 has no set age restriction; however, applicants for BAMS/BHMS or B.Pharma must have reached the age of 17 as of December 31, 2022.
Do candidates from the reserved category receive any concession?
Yes, candidates from reserved categories are eligible for a 5% concession.
Are foreign candidates eligible to take OJEE 2023?
No, only Indian citizens can apply for OJEE 2023.