BITSAT Eligibility criteria consist of a few academic and age-related conditions that a candidate must satisfy. BITSAT eligibility criteria 2020 includes parameters like nationality, age, 10th, and 12th scores and the percentage in the qualifying exam, etc. BITSAT 2020 eligibility criteria are mentioned in the article below-
Candidates who want to fill the Application form must satisfy BITSAT Eligibility, laid by the BITS University. If any candidate does not satisfy any of the BITSAT Eligibility criteria 2020, then he/she won't be given admission to BITS institutes. The Brochure for the exam will be available on the official website. Students can learn more about BITSAT Eligibility on the official website as well. After checking their eligibility, the candidates must check the important dates and events related to BITSAT 2020.
The eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2020 are mentioned below.
|Age Limit||There is no age limit for BITSAT 2020 exam.|
|Qualifying Exam||Candidates need to have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology as subjects and adequate proficiency in English.|
|Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam||Candidates need to have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, for admission to B.Tech program. However, candidates need to have passed in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, for admission to B.Pharm program. However, candidates with PCM can also apply for the Pharmacy program. Candidates need to have adequate proficiency in English.|
|Passing Status||Candidates who are appearing in their 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2020 or have passed their qualifying exam in 2019 will be eligible for BITSAT 2020. In case, a candidate has taken more than one attempt in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, then only his or her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/ courses prescribed. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2018 or earlier will NOT be eligible for BITSAT 2020.|
|Number of Attempts||Twice in a year.|
NOTE: Candidates studying in any of the BITS campuses will not be eligible to appear in the entrance exam.
Course-based Eligibility Criteria
BITSAT Eligibility based on each course varies and it is given below in the table.
|B.E, M.Sc||Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.|
|B.Pharm||Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.|
- Minimum Marks: A candidate who is willing to apply for BITSAT 2020 should have minimum aggregate of 75% marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she is applying for B.E.) or minimum of aggregate 75% marks in 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she is applying for B.Pharm). In addition to that, a candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in all of the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology.
- Eligibility Section: Candidates who are appearing for 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2020 Test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class or its equivalent, then only latest performance will be considered. But provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Candidates preparing for BITSAT can refer the syllabus for BITSAT 2020 and prepare yourself for the exam.
- Ineligible Candidate: If a candidate completed the 12th examination in 2018 or earlier are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2020.
- Admission procedure: Admissions procedure will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2020.
Note: After going through eligibility criteria, to gain more insight one can refer exam pattern for BITSAT 2020
- BITS offers direct admission to the candidate who scores the first rank in the Central/State Board Examination.
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 score.
- Further details about this scheme will be available at the BITSAT 2020 admission website.