All candidates must make sure that they meet the BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The BITSAT eligibility criteria 2021 consists of a few academic and age-related conditions that the candidate must satisfy. Parameters like nationality, age, 10th, 12th scores, the percentage in the qualifying exam, etc, are also included. All the aspirants seeking admission to one of the BITS institutes must refer to the information given below.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before filling the BITSAT 2021 application form, candidates must ensure they satisfy the pre-defined eligibility criteria laid by the BITS University. If any candidate does not meet any of the given conditions, he/she will not be allowed to move forward with the admission procedures. Students can learn more about BITSAT eligibility on the official website.
The eligibility criteria details for BITSAT 2021 exam are mentioned in the table below.
|Age Limit||Candidates who have passed 12th in 2020 or 2021|
|Qualifying Exam||Candidates need to have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology as subjects and adequate English proficiency.|
|Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam||Candidates need to have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, for admission to B.Tech program. However, candidates need to have passed in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, for admission to B.Pharm program. However, candidates with PCM can also apply for the Pharmacy program. Candidates need to have adequate proficiency in English to qualify.|
|Passing Status||Candidates who are appearing in their 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2021 or have passed their qualifying exam in 2020 will be eligible for BITSAT 2021. In case, a candidate has taken more than one attempt in their 10+2 or equivalent exam, then only his or her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/ courses prescribed. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2018 or earlier will not qualify BITSAT eligibility conditions 2021.|
|Number of Attempts||As per the latest eligibility criteria, a candidate can make 2 attempts in a year.|
Course-based BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
The academic qualification required for each course offered through the exam has different pre-defined BITSAT eligibility conditions. These BITSAT eligibility qualifications are announced by the official authorities organizing the exam. Applicants can refer to the table given below for course-based eligibility criteria for BITSAT.
|B.E, M.Sc||Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate English proficiency to successfully qualify for BITSAT eligibility conditions|
|B.Pharm||Candidates should have passed the 12th examination from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate English proficiency to qualify. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.|
- Eligibility criteria for minimum marks: A candidate who is willing to apply for the exam should have a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she is applying for B.E.) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she is applying for B.Pharm). In addition to that, a candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in all of the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology.
- Eligibility section: Candidates who are appearing for 12th examination in 2021 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2021 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class or its equivalent, only the latest performance will be considered, as per the BITSAT eligibility criteria. Candidates preparing for BITSAT 2021 can refer to the syllabus for BITSAT 2021 and prepare themselves for the exam.
- Ineligible candidates: If a candidate completed the 12th examination in 2019 or earlier, he/she is not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2021.
- Admission Procedure: The BITSAT 2021 admission procedure will be made purely on merit. The candidate's merit position for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the exam.
Note: After going through BITSAT eligibility criteria, to gain more insight one can refer to exam pattern for BITSAT 2021
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 for International Applicants
The eligibility criteria for those candidates who are living overseas and wish to pursue one of the courses being offered by the BITS university is defined below.
- Applicants must have a valid passport and SAT scores to be eligible to apply.
- International applicants must request the college board to send SAT scores to BITS-Pilani (DI code: 7759–BITS Pilani)
- Subject Combination: The candidate should have studied Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English as compulsory subjects at Higher/ Senior Secondary level, as per the BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria
- The candidate should have attained a minimum score of 75% (or 7.5/10) in 12th grade, to be considered for admission through BITSAT 2021
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in all the subjects mentioned above to qualify.
- Qualifying Year: The candidates who took their class 12th exams in 2020 or earlier do not qualify the BITSAT eligibility criteria 2021
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Board Toppers
BITS offers direct admission to the candidate who scores highest in the Central/ State Board Examination rank. First-rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the 2021 shall be given direct admission to any program of their choice, irrespective of the BITSAT 2021 score that they have attained. Further details about this scheme will be available at the official BITS website.
BITSAT Application Form 2021
The candidates who are sure that they will qualify the BITSAT eligibility criteria given above can proceed to filling the application form. The application forms are available till the 29th of May, 5PM. The candidates who do not abide by the aforementioned eligibility criteria should not fill the application form either, as they would not be considered for admission. The BITSAT 2021 application form fee paid by them would not be refunded either.
Some of the specifications of the BITSAT 2021 application form are given below.
|Application Form Details|
|BITSAT Application Form Start Date||Feb 23, 2021|
|BITSAT Application Form Last Date||Jun 30, 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 Form Fees||
Male: INR 3400
Female: INR 2900
Candidates choosing Dubai as the BITSAT test centre: INR 7000
|BITSAT 2021 Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|BITSAT 2021 exam date||Postponed|
Click for additional details on the BITSAT 2021 Application Form.