The candidates wondering what is a good rank in JEE Advanced 2024 must note that any rank under 5,000 is considered good. Moreover, the factors like candidate's category, preferred institution, & course choice affect the ranks obtained.
What is a good rank in JEE Advanced 2024? It is safe to get a rank under 5,000 in JEE Advanced. However, a good rank in the JEE Advanced exam depends on quite a few factors, such as the candidate’s category, the institutions the candidate aspires to get admission into, the course etc.
The cut-off marks for JEE Advanced vary. Every year, it depends on the number of students appearing for the examination, and the difficulty level of the question paper. But somewhere between 45% to 55% marks are considered good enough.
|JEE Advanced Result 2024||JEE Advanced Cut Off 2024|
Table of Contents
- What is a Good Rank in JEE Advanced 2024
- JEE Advanced Marks vs Rank List
- What is the Minimum Percentile to Score in JEE Mains to Qualify for JEE Advanced 2024?
- Preparation Tips for JEE Advanced 2024
What is a Good Rank in JEE Advanced 2024
A good score in JEE Advanced can assure a candidate a seat in a number of good colleges. It is important to understand how ranks and marks play a role in college admission after qualifying in the JEE Advanced examination.
JEE Advanced Minimum Qualifying Rank List 2023
Below is a rank list compiled based on the previous year's data for candidates to get a better understanding of qualifying rank.
|Category||Min. marks (each subject)||Min. percentage (each subject)||Minimum Aggregate Marks (each subject)||Minimum Aggregate Percentage (each subject)|
|Minimum Marks in JEE Advanced to Get into IIT||JEE Advanced Marks vs Rank 2024|
JEE Advanced Marks vs Rank List
Below is a list of calculated ranks and marks list based on previous years' ranks and marks data.
JEE Advanced Rank List 2023
The table below shows the ranks and marks for each category of JEE Advanced examination. The rank list is for the year 2023. Candidates may analyse the ranks and marks to know the probability for this year.
|All India Rank (AIR)||Marks|
|What After JEE Advanced?||JEE Advanced Information Brochure|
JEE Advanced Rank List 2022
The table below shows the ranks and marks for each category of JEE Advanced examination. The rank list is for the year 2022. Candidates may analyse the ranks and marks to know the probability for this year.
|CRL Rank List|
|GEN-EWS Rank List|
|OBC Rank List|
|SC Rank List|
|ST Rank List|
|What If I Clear JEE Mains but Not JEE Advanced?||JEE Advanced Counselling 2024|
What is the Minimum Percentile to Score in JEE Mains to Qualify for JEE Advanced 2024?
To know the eligibility to qualify for the JEE Advanced 2024 exam through JEE Mains 2024 exam, it is important to estimate the minimum percentile required to qualify for the JEE Advanced exam.
The candidate needs to search for the previous year’s minimum percentile for JEE Advanced in JEE Mains.
If analysed the last 3 year’s minimum eligibility percentile, below is the estimated minimum eligibility percentile to qualify for JEE Advanced 2024.
- General category - 89%
- EWS category- 64%
- OBC category - 67%
- SC category - 41%
- ST category- 24%
- General PWD category - 0.0032%
Refer to the table below to know the last three year’s minimum eligibility percentile.
|General PWD category||0.003%|
|General PWD category||0.00310%|
|General PWD category||0.0096%|
|General PWD category||0.061824%|
Preparation Tips for JEE Advanced 2024
Sometimes even after studying, a candidate may feel dissatisfied with their preparation, here are some important tips to follow-
- Practice the previous year's question papers. There are various sources from where the aspirant can download sample papers or previous year's question papers.
- Solving these questions will not only help the candidate check their abilities and knowledge but will also help them perform better on the day of the examination, as it will boost their confidence.
- Take coaching seriously. Things taught in coaching help candidates have clear concepts and good theoretical knowledge of the topics. It is important to pay attention to everything that is taught in the classes.
- Any study material or the candidate’s coaching material, which their respective teachers provide, is also essential to pay attention to. Oftentimes if the coachings are good, preparation besides their study material is not necessary. But it is always best to be prepared for the most challenging questions.
- Candidates must make a timetable with a good time distribution level for each subject so that they does not miss out on some other subjects.
Read More: JEE Advanced Preparation 2024