Is HC Verma Enough For JEE Advanced 2024? HC Verma is not enough for JEE Advanced preparation, it is good for clearing concepts but not enough for preparation. Along with HC Verma, books such as IIT Physics, Objective Mathematics for JEE Main and Advanced are some of the books that are recommended for JEE Advanced preparation.
Is HC Verma enough for JEE Advanced 2024? It is a commonly asked question by JEE Advanced aspirants. The answer to this question is no, HC Verma is not enough for JEE Advanced preparation. To begin understanding whether any specific book or course is enough for JEE Advanced, it is important to know that the questions asked in any entrance exam are not directly copied from any book.
Hence, focusing on clearing the concepts and having good theory knowledge is essential. So the main objective of knowing whether HC Verma is enough for JEE Advanced exam is to first understand how much concept clarity and theory it provides for the preparation for JEE Advanced.
Table of Contents
- How Important Is HC Verma For JEE Advanced 2024 Preparation?
|JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024||JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2024|
How Important Is HC Verma For JEE Advanced 2024 Preparation?
A candidate can spend much time deciding what books to choose for JEE Advanced exam preparation. And some candidates end up buying many books, which usually makes them feel stressed out, leading to not completing any of the study books. Read the following pros and cons points to get an answer to the question, “Is HC Verma enough for JEE Advanced?”
|Pros||1. If any concept or theory is unclear, then one can refer to HC Verma for clarification and then move on to other books.|
|2. HC Verma is good for concept clarification and theory because almost 90% of the chapters in the book are helpful for JEE Advanced preparation.|
|3. HC Verma concepts of Physics JEE Advanced are enough for the entrance exam if the candidate has a good knowledge of the concepts and is able to solve various problems. In this case, the candidate may consider that HC Verma JEE Advanced is enough for JEE Advanced exam preparation.|
|Cons||1. Whether it is a matter of JEE Mains or JEE Advanced, HC Verma is just not sufficient when it comes to preparing for such highly competitive exams. Because the difficulty level of the questions that appear in these exams is tough, and everything that is needed to crack the JEE Advanced is not provided in HC Verma.|
|2. For exams like JEE Advanced, it is highly recommended to solve books that are solely made for JEE Advanced. Because it follows, the exam pattern and syllabus of JEE Advanced, and the content is made according to that.|
|3. Only 10-20% of the questions of JEE Advanced can be solved if prepared with HC Verma only.|
|Is NCERT Enough for JEE Advanced?||Is DC Pandey Enough for JEE Advanced?|
Recommended Books For JEE Advanced Preparation 2024
HC Verma is great for aspirants to begin their preparation with, but it is not enough. Hence, below are some recommended books for JEE Advanced preparation 2024.
- NCERT Textbooks
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- NCERT Textbooks
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
|JEE Advanced Important Topics 2024||JEE Advanced Information Brochure 2024|
Steps to Improve the Chances of Clearing JEE Advanced Exam 2024
Below are some important steps to follow to improve the chances of clearing the JEE Advanced Exam-
- The first step for a candidate is to make a proper schedule for study routine, keeping in mind the time left for their JEE Advanced exam.
- Get access to JEE Advanced syllabus and any extra study materials that can help the candidate during their preparation.
- If there is much time left, solving as many books as possible will undoubtedly improve the chances of getting higher marks.
- In case a candidate has started their preparation late, it is advisable to choose the books that cover the topics that are important and make a list of the topics in which the candidate lacks knowledge.
- Prioritise revision. If a revision is prioritised, then the candidate will make time for his study accordingly so that most of the syllabus gets covered on time, and then the candidate can move forward with the revision.
- Many candidates have a query regarding both JEE Mains and Advanced preparation, and their doubt revolves around the question, “Is HC Verma enough for JEE Mains and Advanced?” the answer depends on the candidate’s preparation, although it is highly recommended to solve JEE Advanced preparation books other than HC Verma.
|IIT JEE Advanced Last Minute Tips 2024||Minimum Marks Required in JEE Advanced to Get into IIT|