Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu will be responsible for conducting the TNEA counselling 2021 process. The TNEA Counselling 2021 will be conducted in seven to eight rounds and before each round, the authorities will release the list of eligible students. Note that TNEA counselling 2021 for special reservations and vocational stream candidates will be held in person.
TNEA Counselling 2021
The TNEA Counselling 2021 process consists of various steps and rounds. All candidates who have registered for the TNEA 2021 must pay the counselling fees which is different for different categories. The candidates belonging to the General and OBC category must pay INR 500, candidates belonging to SC/ ST category must pay INR 250, and for other reserved category INR 100. After the fee payment, the candidates must submit all their personal details like nationality, nativity, category, etc. The candidates after this will be given a random ten-digit number to help when the candidates who have reached a tie and have exhausted the tie-breaking rules of TNEA 2021. Then the candidates will proceed to the document verification round. After this, the candidates will have to choose the course or the college they want to take the admission. The authority will release the TNEA 2021 seat allotment list based on the merit list, category of the candidate and the availability of course.
The TNEA Counselling 2021 consists of three genres, they have been listed below.
- Special Counselling (Sports, Differently-abled, the children of Ex-Servicemen)
- Vocational Counselling
- General Counselling
TNEA Counselling Process 2021
Candidates will have to appear for the TNEA Counselling 2021 after the TNEA 2021 exams are held and the TNEA 2021 Results have been announced. Candidates who have been shortlisted after the results can attend the TNEA Counselling 2021. The TNEA Counselling process consists of mainly eight steps. Candidates can follow the below given TNEA counselling process.
Step 1: Release of Eligible Candidates List
The TNEA 2021 Exam authorities will release the list of all the eligible candidates on the official TNEA website. Only those candidates who are listed will be eligible to appear in the 2021 TNEA Counselling process.
Step 2: Payment of fee
Next, all the eligible candidates will be required to pay the TNEA counselling 2021 fee in online mode. Only those candidates who will pay the fee before the last date will be able to participate in the TNEA Counselling 2021. Candidates must pay the fee according to the table below.
|Category||TNEA 2021 Counselling Fees|
|General Category||INR 5000|
|SC/ ST/ SCA||INR 1000|
Step 3: Choice Filling
Choice filling will be done in online mode. Candidates are allowed to fill as many choices as possible according to their preference. After filling their choices, candidates have to lock their choices by 5 PM on the third day of the commencement of the TNEA counselling. Below given are the guidelines the candidates need to keep in mind while filling in their choicesVerify the choice list and ensure that the choice list is in proper order before locking them.
- Choice list can be rearranged and modified in many ways through the TNEA portal
- Once the choices are locked, candidates will be sent a PDF document containing the list of locked choices on their registered email-id
- If candidates fail to lock their choices, the system will lock the choices by itself
Step 5: Tentative allotment
The system will allot the tentative seats to the candidates as per their choices filled by them. Candidates will be able to check the tentative TNEA seat allotment by logging into their TNEA portal accounts by using their login credentials.
Step 6: Submission of allotment offer
After allotment of seats, the candidates will have an option to confirm or decline the offer.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat, he/ she has the following options
- Accept the offer
- Confirm the offer with upward movement - Upward movement here means that the candidates wishes to change his allotted seat and participate in further rounds of counselling
- Decline the offer and opt for upward movement
- Quit TNEA Counselling 2021
- If a candidate is not allotted any seat as per his choices, he/ she has the following options
- Opt for upward movement
- Opt to participate in the next round of counselling as per the next round’s vacancy position
- Quit TNEA Counselling 2021
Step 7: Final Allotment
After the final allotment of seats, candidates have to reach the allotted college before the last date mentioned on the provisional allotment letter. Applicants have to remit the remaining fee after deducting the initial deposit at the time of admission in the college.
Step 8: Admission
Finally, candidates who are allotted seats in the final allotment will have to report to the allotted institute for the payment of admission fee and confirmation of seat.
If a candidate is not allotted any seat during TNEA 2021 counselling, he/she can claim for refund of the initial deposit. The refund will be made according to the TNEA procedure.
NOTE: At the time of TNEA counselling candidates must produce their original mark sheet and TC. A separate board will examine them concerning their original certificates before counselling. If any vacancy arises it will be reverted to general counselling. For vocational candidates, there will be separate ranking and counselling.
Documents Required for the TNEA Counselling 2021
For the verification purpose, candidates need to bring the below-mentioned documents to the TNEA Facilitation Center (TFC):
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet and HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate (DNC, BC, ST, SC, SCA, MBC, and BCM)
- Birth Certificate
- Family Income certificate
- First Graduate Joint Declaration and First Graduate Certificate
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation have to show the following certificates-
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen (Parents)
- Sportspersons will have to bring their all sports achievements certificates with the necessary forms
- Impaired abled persons will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board
- Disabled candidates will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board
- Sportspersons will have to carry their all sports achievements certificates