The University decides the eligibility criteria for candidates appearing in the TNEA 2020.
TNEA Eligibility 2020
The eligibility criteria for the candidates are given below:
- The candidate should have passed the class 12 board exam or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Those who have cleared their class 12 from out of the state must attach a nativity certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates applying for the TNEA 2020 must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects for their 12th or equivalent exam.
- Shortlisting and seat allotment of the candidates who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria for TNEA 2020 will be done based on their marks in class 11 and class 12.
- All the applicants must have cleared the 10+2 examination, however, their minimum required percentages are different based on the category they belong to.
- Candidates belonging to the General Quota must have secured 50%.
- Candidates belonging to the Backward Class Quota must have secured 45%.
- Candidates belonging to the MBC, DNC, SC/SCA/ST Quotas must have secured 40%.
- If the applicants have failed to satisfy the eligibility conditions, they should have passed in related subjects, vocational theory and practical put together.
- For B.E./B.Tech. applicants, the vocational subjects are General Machinist, Electrical Machines and Appliances, Electronic Equipment, Draughtsman Civil, Auto Mechanic and Textile technology as the eligibility condition.
- Rounding of marks and normalised marks will not be considered for eligibility.
- Those candidates who qualify for admission need to provide the original and a photocopy of the documents.
For Marine Engineering:
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as subjects in 10+2 with 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English.
- Candidates must be below 25 years of age.
- Candidates must have at least 48 kg of weight and at least 157cm height.
- Candidates must have normal colour vision and must get a medical fitness certificate.