Aspiring to pursue an MBA? then, ICFAI Business School is the best place to study. This prestigious B-School has a rich history of producing entrepreneurs since its establishment in 1995. ICFAI Business School accepts the IBSAT score to give admissions to the students in MBA/PGPM Programmes.
- January 9, 2021: The selection briefings for IBSAT 2020 exam have started. This process will go on till January 17, 2021.
- What is IBSAT Exam?
- IBSAT 2021 Exam Date
- IBSAT 2021 Eligibility
- IBSAT 2021 Registration
- IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- IBSAT 2021 Syllabus
- IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
- IBSAT 2021 Result
- IBSAT 2021 Cutoff
- IBSAT 2021 Counselling
- IBSAT 2021 Reference Books
- IBSAT 2021 Question Papers
- IBSAT 2021 Mock Tests
- IBSAT 2021 Coaching Centres
- IBSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- IBSAT 2021 Important Guidelines
- IBSAT Contact Details
ICFAI Business School also accepts GMAT®/NMAT by GMACTM/CAT scores (from 2017 onwards), check the preparation tips for IBSAT exam and registration details below.
What is IBSAT Exam?
IBSAT full form is ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT), it is one of the most popular and prominent university level entrance examinations for pursuing MBA, PGPM & PhD (Part-time/Full-time) programs in India. IBSAT 2021 Examination is an entrance test which is conducted by ICFAI Foundation For Higher Education. The following table depicts some important points about the IBSAT Exam.
|Full Form||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (MCQ)|
|Course Available||MBA, PGPM, and PhD.|
This exam is conducted by the ICFAI Foundation, Hyderabad (a deemed to be university under section three of the UGC Act, 1956) for the candidates across India for admission into the following courses:
- PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management): This program is offered at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune. These campuses are independent professional institutions and are neither affiliated to nor are off-campus centres of any University.
- MBA/PhD: This program is offered by IBS Hyderabad, the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (Declared as a Deemed-to-be-University).
- MBA: This program is offered by IBS Dehradun, the ICFAI University, Dehradun and IBS Jaipur, the ICFAI University, Jaipur recognised by UGC.
IBS Institutes are situated at 9 places and they are at Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Jaipur, and Dehradun. The exam is conducted once in a year and takes place across 95 test centres in India. The candidate who qualifies the IBSAT exam is called for the further selection process, at IBSAT Hyderabad.
The least criteria for the IBSAT Exam is that the appearing candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree from a recognized University or College. IBSAT 2021 Exam will be computer-based Test/online which is held for 2 hours. The IBSAT will usually be held on two consecutive days. Some candidates will be allocated on the first day and rest will be allocated on the second day. The IBSAT 2021 scores will be accepted by IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, and IBS Pune.
The Fees for the respective courses at various IBS Institutions are as follows:
- The fee for the MBA program at IBS Hyderabad campus is INR 7.02 lakhs per annum.
- The fee for the MBA program at IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur campuses is INR 2.835 lakhs per annum
- The fee for the PGPM program at IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune campuses is INR 4.005 lakhs per annum.
Note: Presently No Scholarships for students seeking admission into IBS Programs.
The IBSAT 2021 belongs to the ICFAI Foundation, which was established in Hyderabad 1984. It has Institutes in several Indian states such as Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Meghalaya, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh. Almost, all the courses at ICFAI are taught using Case Studies. With a high-quality pedagogy, IBSAT is a popular name for MBA aspirants.
Students who wish to pursue their post-graduate management studies or MBA studies at any of the ICFAI Business Schools need to take the IBSAT Exam in order to get the admission. They can do so by going to the official website and applying for the same. Students who are applying for the IBSAT exam can also avail scholarship facilities in different categories which you can check from the official website.
Note: The scores from 2018 onwards of GMAT® / CAT / NMAT by GMAC are accepted in place of IBSAT 2021. PhD Programs: IBS Alumni, M.Phil Degree holders and UGC NET qualified candidates are exempted from the IBSAT 2021 Examination.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Date
Official notification of IBSAT will be announced by ICFAI foundation and all IBSAT 2021 Exam Dates will be mentioned in that. IBSAT exam is scheduled for a period of 2 days. The candidate can go through his admit card to know the IBSAT exam date and all the necessary details regarding the timing of the exam and venue as well. The admit card will be released on the official website. Applicants can go through the IBSAT important dates mentioned in the table below:
|IBSAT registration start date||July 2021|
|IBSAT registration end date||December 2021|
|IBSAT admit card date||December 2021|
|IBSAT exam date||December 2021|
|IBSAT result date||To be announced|
IBSAT 2021 Eligibility
As per IBSAT Eligibility, there's no upper age limit to apply for the exam. Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from any recognized university with 50% and above marks (as calculated by the respective university) with English as a medium of instruction.
Also according to the eligibility criteria of IBSAT candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also give the exam, provided, they should have completed all their graduation requirements before May 31, 2021, and the final date for submitting the graduation certificate would be November 1, 2021, until which the admission would remain provisional.
Candidates who have not completed their education in English medium, have to submit the valid TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS scorecard within a certain time period.
The required eligibility conditions related to the education qualification of the candidate is determined by the official authorities responsible for organizing IBSAT exam. The basic education qualification required to attempt the IBSAT exam is mentioned below:
For MBA/PGPM: Candidates should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis) to appear for IBSAT 2021.
For PhD: Candidates should have completed a minimum of 17 years of education (on 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 basis) to write IBSAT 2021
IBSAT 2021 Registration
There is only one common application form for the MBA/PGPM program offered in IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Dehradun, IBS Jaipur, and IBS Kolkata campuses.
MBA/PGPM Bulletin can be purchased from any of the marketing offices of IBS by making a payment of INR 1800. In order to register for IBSAT 2021 test, candidates will need to access the official ICFAI Business School site.
How to apply for IBSAT 2021 exam?
The application form for IBSAT 2021 are available on the official website. Candidates after going through the IBSAT eligibility criteria can move forward to attempt the IBSAT application. IBSAT 2021 application process can be completed in online mode. The procedure that should be followed is as follows:
A 3-step online process to apply for IBSAT 2021 is mentioned below:
- Complete your registration process by filling the required details such as name, Email ID, phone number, etc.
- Complete your IBSAT Application Form.
- Follow the payment procedure and then, your form will be considered complete.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to you after payment.
- Within 1 week a bulletin (hardcopy) will be sent to your address.
Aspirants can also visit the IBS Marketing Branches located in various places and buy the bulletin by paying the application fee.
IBSAT Application Fee
You can pay the fee using Net Banking, Debit Card, and Credit Card. Make sure you keep the receipt and reference number. The payable amount is INR 1800.
Important Note about the Selection Process:
- Candidates who qualify based on IBSAT/ GMAT®/ CAT/ NMAT by GMACTM will be called for the Selection process at IBS Hyderabad in February/March 2021. However, the final selection is based on the candidate's performance in the Group Discussion, the Personal Interview, and their academic record.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
IBSAT 2021 paper pattern is almost the same as any other management entrance exam. Questions in IBSAT 2021 will be in MCQ format. The total time duration of the IBSAT 2021 exam is 120 minutes or 2 hours and the candidates will have to complete 140 questions having four answer options by then. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. So, try to attempt as many questions as possible.
There is no order to be followed while answering questions, candidates can begin answering any of the questions in any order convenient to them. There is no time limit for each section but the entire exam must be completed in 120 minutes. There will be 4 sections in IBSAT 2021:
- Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation (30 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (30 questions)
- Reading Comprehension (30 questions)
- Verbal Ability (50 questions)
IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern Language/Medium English Types of Question MCQ Number of Section 4 Mode Online (Home-Proctored Test) Time Duration 120 Minutes Number of Questions 140 Negative Marking Not Applicable
IBSAT 2021 Syllabus
IBSAT 2021 Syllabus is prescribed by ICFAI Foundation. Before the exam, candidates should know about IBSAT Syllabus, by which they will get a clear idea about all the topics included in the exam. IBSAT 2021 Syllabus is divided into four major sections mentioned below:
- Quantitative Techniques: It mainly comprises numerical problems that will help to measure candidates numerical ability and problem-solving skills. A total of 30 questions will be asked from this section.
- Vocabulary or Verbal Ability: In this section, the candidate has the scope of scoring higher marks as compared to other sections since the questions are from high school English. This section contains 50 questions in total which have more number of questions than other sections.
- Analytical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension: This section measures the candidate's analytical skills, mainly this section consist of 3 passages from which a candidate needs to find answers which are asked directly and indirectly. A total of 30 questions will be asked.
- Data Interpretation and Data Adequacy: It will measure the candidate's ability to solve data complexity and this section will require quick calculations and mainly comprises of pie charts, bar graphs, etc. A total of 30 questions will be asked from this section.
IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
IBSAT 2021 admit card is a very crucial document that is to be kept in possession throughout the admission process. All the necessary details regarding the exam date/time/centre will be mentioned on the IBSAT admit card. All candidates who successfully filled IBSAT 2021 application form and paid application fee will be able to download the IBSAT 2021 admit card for the exam on the official website of ICFAI Business School. IBSAT 2021 Admit Card will be available only in online mode.
Documents required along with the IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
IBSAT admit card is mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre. Along with the IBSAT admit card there are few other necessary official documents which should be kept in possession at the time of the exam. Candidates have to bring the following valid documents to the exam centre.
- Valid Photo ID (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Voter ID)
- 2 recent passport size colour photographs
- Receipt of payment
The candidates are suggested to keep the IBSAT admit card with them until the selection process gets completed. IBSAT hall ticket is available only to those persons who have submitted the application form before the specified time by the examination authority.
Steps to download IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
Applicants can download their respective IBSAT admit card from the official website on. After completing the IBSAT registration process successfully, applicant is eligible for attempting the exam. Candidates can download the IBSAT admit card by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Go to the IBSAT/ICFAI website
Step 2: Login using your credentials
Step 3: Click on the Admit Card tab
Step 4: Admit Card will appear, review it
Step 5: Download the IBSAT Admit Card
Step 6: Take a print of it
IBSAT 2021 Results
ICFAI Business School will declare the IBSAT 2021 Results along with the Merit List. Candidates will have to log in to their account using valid login credentials (IBSAT 2021 application form number and the relevant password) to access the Result. The candidates need to download their respective rank cards from the official website. After the IBSAT results are released, aspirants can see the cutoff set by different institutes.
Steps to download IBSAT 2021 Result
The IBSAT result will be declared on on the official website. To successfully download the IBSAT scorecard from the official website, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of ICFAI IBSAT
- Find the result link in the notification section, and click on it.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Your IBSAT Score Card will appear, download it, and take a print of the same.
Then candidates are called upon for group discussion and personal interview sessions based on which the selection is done.
IBSAT 2021 Cut off
Once the result of IBSAT 2021 is announced, all 9 affiliated institutes of ICFAI foundation will release their own individual IBSAT 2021 cutoff for admission into an MBA program. Candidates aspiring to get admission into the institute of their choice can go through the cut off lists and organize and plan their upcoming steps in the admission process accordingly.
Factors that determine IBSAT Cutoff Marks
Institutes while announcing their respective IBSAT cut off, take a few important factors into consideration. The factors used for determining the cut off generally effect the admission process directly as they are associated with the IBSAT exam itself. The factors taken into consideration while deciding the IBSAT cut off are mentioned below:
- The difficulty level of questions in the IBSAT exam.
- “Reservation Policy” for various categories in respective IBS institutes.
- The total number of candidates appearing for IBSAT exam.
- Overall performance of the candidates who have written the exam.
- The total number of seats offered by all IBS institutes.
- IBSAT exam marking scheme.
IBSAT 2021 Counselling
Those candidates who clear IBSAT written test will be shortlisted further for the selection rounds. The counselling for the IBSAT exam will be held shortly after the announcement of the IBSAT results. The IBSAT counselling will be conducted in more than one round. This page will post updates on waitlists and every round of counselling.
Please note that the IBSAT considers NMAT 2021 and CAT 2021 scores too for admissions. The candidates have to register for IBSAT 2021 Counselling in prior from the official website. Documents which a candidate needs to carry at the time of IBSAT counselling are mentioned below:
- Passport size photograph
- IBSAT Admit Card
- Caste certificate
- Degree certificate
- Aadhar Card
- IBSAT Score Card
Check out the list of important IBSAT counselling dates given in the table below -
|IBSAT Counselling Dates 2021|
|Exam Date of IBSAT 2021||To be announced|
|IBSAT Result 2021||To be announced|
|IBSAT 2021 Selection Briefings||To be announced|
|IBSAT 2021 Selection Process (for MBA/PGDM at IBS Hyderabad)||To be announced|
|Final Admission Selection||To be announced|
IBSAT 2021 Reference Books
Candidates can go through the immense amount of material available on the internet for IBSAT. As an entrance exam of MBA does not have a rigid syllabus, practice is the absolute key to success. As much as the IBSAT reference books are concerned for IBSAT 2021 candidates are suggested to go through "How to prepare for..." series by Arun Sharma and other contributing Authors such as Meenakshi Upadhyay. Also, A test series with its reference material will be highly beneficial to crack IBSAT. Candidates who prepare for CAT have a great advantage in getting good rank in IBSAT.
IBSAT 2021 Question Papers
It is important for candidates to prepare for the IBSAT exam with complete efficiency and should exaust all the available resources that would help in preparation. Solving IBSAT previous year papers gives a candidate a live experience of facing an actual exam and get an idea towards the exam pattern and the style of questions that should be expected during the attempt. Also, it helps him/her to analyze the strucutre of the paper and areas in which a candidate is lacking and requires more practise.
IBSAT 2021 Mock Tests
IBSAT Mock Test Papers will help a candidate to analyze his or her weak and strong areas. Moreover, as a result of solving a mock test, a candidate can become aware of areas that are taking more time. Mock tests will serve as a great tool of practice for the aspirant. Candidates should note that they will be able to access the Official IBSAT Mock Tests between August 10, 2021 and September 30, 2021.
How to Register for IBSAT 2021 Mock Test?
Interested applicants can register for IBSAT mock test if they wish to contribute the same to their overall exam preparation. To successfully register themselves for IBSAT mock test, applicants can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of IBSAT
- Step 2: Go to the National Mock Test Section
- Step 3: Click on the registration tab, enter you contact details and make a profile
- Step 4: Fill all the necessary details
- Step 5: Finally, click on the 'Create My New Account' tab, and start with your mock tests.
IBSAT Mock Test Candidates will be rewarded, if they get a rank in top 50 percentile. The names of the winner will be declared at the seventh or eighth day of exam conduction. The rewards will be given after a verification round of candidates.
IBSAT 2021 Coaching Centres
Candidates can also opt for some effective coaching centres for IBSAT preparations. For offline coaching and preparation, various reputed coaching centres are there such as:
- Career Launcher
- IMS Learning Centre
- Jamboree Education
- PT Education
- Achiever's Academy
Applicants can alsopurchase courses online from:
- IMS Learning Centre
- Byju's CAT Classes
IBSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
The main area at which the candiates don't focus on is the conditioning of mind and body. Preparation for any long duration exam is done gradually day by day. You have to give a series of practice mock tests of 3 hours consistently to be able to focus on writing a 2 hours exam like IBSAT. Candidates are advised to refer to the points mentioned below to properly nurture their preparation for IBSAT 2021.
Practice makes a man perfect: You have to practice as hard as you can. Since the IBSAT exam is only for 2 hours, you have to be quick to attempt all the questions. There are few shortcuts of attempting the questions which can only be mastered if you practice regularly. After all, a single shortcut will require the hard work of repeating it hundreds of times to make it work on the exam day.
Keep shortcuts handy: Agree or not, there are a lot of shortcuts to solve some questions in seconds. Some of the shortcuts can be figured out by practice only. The rest of them can be found in good reference books. One of the good books that can be recommended for quantitative aptitude is Fastrack Arithmetic by Arihant Publications.
IBSAT 2021 Important Guidelines
These are some important tips that every aspirant must take into consideration before attempting the IBSAT year exam . These guidelines are given out by the official authorities and every applicant should take these into consideration.
- ID Proof: Admit Card and ID proof are mandatory for every candidate. Without an ID card, candidates will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Report Early: Candidate must reach the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam as security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- No latecomers: If a candidate reaches the exam centre after the commencement of the exam, then he/she won't be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- No talking inside examination hall: A candidate is not allowed to talk to anybody during this examination. If a candidate is found doing the same, it will lead to cancellation of candidature of the candidate will be sent outside the examination hall without any warning.
- Restricted Items: Candidates shouldn't carry any electronic gadgets like electronic watches with a calculator, material printed or written, paper bits, mobile phone, pager or any other device, calculators, docu pen, slide rules, log tables except admit card, identity proof or any document inside the examination hall.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Analysis
IBSAT 2021 has been easier than the last year. There were not many trick questions that were surprising for the candidates. But like any management exam, IBSAT 2021 also had a few tricky problems. The expected cutoff for IBSAT 2021 will be around the 80-85 percentile. There were no out of the box questions for this year. The marking scheme of IBSAT 2021 was like below:
|Time Allotted||2 hours|
|Total No. of Questions||140|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Number of Choices||5|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark awarded for each correct answer; No negative marking|
IBSAT Contact Details
If candidates have any doubts he or she can contact the concerned authorities. The details of the address are given below.
- Address: IBS Admissions Office, #65 Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- Phone Number: 040-23440963 (Mon-Fri 10 am - 5 pm); Toll Free:1800 425 55 66 77
- SMS: IBSAT2021 to 7039670396
- IBSAT Website: www.ibsindia.org
- Email: [email protected]
- Download the IBSAT year mobile application from the Google PlayStore - Click here
What is the qualification required to get admission to MBA program through IBSAT?
Candidates should have a bachelor\'s degree from a recognized university or an educational institution with a minimum of 50% aggregate for admission into the MBA program.
Should a candidate have a valid TOEFL/IELTS score to be eligible for IBSAT?
Candidates should have studied their bachelor\'s and master\'s degree in the English language. If this condition is not satisfied then a candidate should appear for the TOFEL or IELTS Exam and should produce a valid TOEFL/IELTS scorecard for the admissions.
What must be the qualification of a candidate to gain admission into Ph.D. in Management?
For a candidate to get admission in Ph.D. in Management through IBSAT, he/she must have a bachelor\'s degree (any discipline) and a master\'s degree in the field of Marketing, Finance, etc. with a minimum of 55% aggregate.
Are candidates called for counselling only based on IBSAT score?
No. Apart from the IBSAT Exam, candidates with a valid score in GMAT, CAT, NMAT by GMAC are also called for counseling.
What criteria are considered during the selection process?
Candidates will be selected based on their scores in IBSAT, which will be followed by a group discussion and a personal interview. Candidate\'s score in their bachelor\'s and master\'s degree will also be considered.
How will candidates get their IBSAT counselling call letter?
Candidates will receive their IBSAT counselling call letter via post. It cannot be downloaded from the official website.
Where does the IBSAT counselling process take place?
Counselling process for IBSAT will happen in IBS campuses.
What is the pattern for IBSAT?
This question paper has 4 sections namely, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation, Quantitative Techniques, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary Ability. There are 140 multiple choice questions in total.
What is the marking scheme of IBSAT?
For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded one mark and there will be no negative marking.
What is the IBSAT application form fee?
Application form fee for IBSAT is INR 1800/-
How should I prepare for the IBSAT Exam?
Candidates should thoroughly understand the syllabus of the IBSAT Exam. Then they should start preparing for the IBSAT Exam by using different books and study material available online and in the market. Once candidates have sufficiently covered the syllabus, they should start solving previous year question papers for an extra revision.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, [LBSIM] New Delhi
Xavier Institute of Social Service, [XISS] Ranchi
MBA (Total Fees) Rs. 760000
Siva Sivani Institute of Management, [SSIM] Secunderabad
PGDM (Total Fees) Rs. 6,50,000
Prestige Institute of Management Dewas, [PIMD] Dewas
Colleges Accepting IBSAT VIEW ALL
8 / 10
Courses & Fees Admission 2021