The exam dates for UGC NET 2021 will be decided by the National Testing Agency. The exam is likely to be conducted in June and December, 2021. All candidates must solve the question papers from previous years given on this page, before appearing for the main exam.
Why solving the UGC NET Previous Years' Question Papers is important?
Being through with the syllabus does not mean that a candidate is well prepared for the upcoming exam. A candidate's preparation is incomplete if he/she hasn't attempted the question papers from previous years. Here are some of the advantages of solving the UGC NET Previous Years' Question Papers:
- Familiarization with the UGC NET Exam Pattern: The candidates must know the number of questions that will be asked in the question paper, the type of questions, and the marking scheme.
- Time Management: A candidate has 180 minutes to solve 150 questions. Several times, candidates waste a lot of time on one question and end up unable to attempt all the questions. Solving the UGC NET previous years' question papers would help them come up with an effective time plan.
- Repeated Questions: The candidates will observe and understand which questions are repeated.
- Important Topics: Repetition of certain questions would allow candidates to analyze which topics are important. They will understand which topics to give more attention to.
- Self Assessment: Solving UGC NET previous years' question papers available online is the best way to assess one's preparation. The candidates will understand their strengths and weaknesses, and have a chance to work on them before appearing for the main examination.
UGC NET Previous Year Question Paper
To prepare well for the examination, candidates are advised to download the below PDFs and practice as much as possible. Practising previous year question papers helps candidates to understand the exam pattern better. Below are some of the UGC NET previous year question papers:
- UGC NET July 2018 Paper - I [Set P]
- UGC NET July 2018 Paper - I [Set Q]
- UGC NET July 2018 Paper - I [Set R]
- UGC NET July 2018 Paper - I [Set S]
UGC NET Education Question Papers
The candidates will have to attempt the first paper, as well as the subject-specific papers for this subject. Paper 2 and Paper 3 for UGC NET are attached below:
|Paper 2||Paper 3|
|Education 2014||Education 2014|
|Education 2013||Education 2013|
|Education 2011||Education 2011|
UGC NET Commerce Question Papers
After attempting the first paper, i.e., the common paper, the candidates will be given two other subject-specific test papers to solve. The UGC NET old question papers for Commerce are given in the table below:
UGC NET Previous Years' Question Papers for various other subjects are given below, for your practice.