Overview of UGC NET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UGC NET 2019 which will be conducted in the month of June is revised and slight changes have been made. Previously the exam was given for two hours there was a break in between Paper 1 and Paper 2. But for the upcoming exam, there will be no break in between Paper 1 and Paper 2 and the exam will be conducted for straight 3 hours.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
UGC NET is conducted from 20th June 2019 to 28th June 2019. This exam is been conducted to be eligible for the post of "Assistant Professor" or "Junior Research Fellowship" (JRF).
National Eligibility Test or UGC NET 2019 is a national level exam conducted by NTA on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). This national level test is a qualifying exam for lectureship in universities. It is also mandatory for some research programs. Some of the key facts related to the exam pattern are, the number of papers given is 2. NTA will not be following any negative marking in UGC NET. The exam pattern is revised.
- Subjects: Paper I will consist of General Aptitude Questions, Paper 2 will have questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- The medium of Paper: Hindi and English are the only options to attempt UGC NET. The choice for the paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form as per UGC NET Exam Pattern.
Paper 1 consists of 50 questions. Candidates should answer at least 50 questions. A maximum of 100 marks will be awarded for paper 1 if all the answers are right. The duration of Paper 1 is 60 minutes.
Paper 2 has 100 questions and all of them are supposed to be attempted. The marks will be awarded to the applicant out of a total of 100 marks. The maximum time allotted for Paper 2 is 120 minutes. Each question carries 2 marks.
Provisions for persons with disabilities:
- Paper-1 and Paper-2: 25 minutes of compensatory time would be provided for Paper-1 and Paper-2 separately.
- Paper-3: 50 minutes of compensatory time shall be provided for Paper-3. CBSE will also provide the test booklet in Braille, for the visually challenged candidates.
- Scribe: Candidates who are not in a position to attempt the exam on their own can request the services of a scribe by making a prior request.
|Particulars||PAPER 1||PAPER 2||PAPER 3|
|Number of Questions to Attempt||50||50||75|
|Marks for each Section||100||100||150|
|Time for each section||75||75||150|
|Compensation Time for PWD||25||25||50|
UGC NET 2019 Exam Sessions
There are slight changes made in the exam timings because there will be no break in between Paper 1 and Paper 2. Earlier Paper 1 was given for an hour and after the break Paper 2 for two hours.
|Particulars||June 20th - June 28th 2019|
|Exam timings||9.30 am to 12.30 pm|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Exam center entry||7.30 am to 8.30 am|
|Exam hall entry||8.45 am to 9.00 am|
|Admit Card checking by invigilators||9.00 am to 9.15 am|
|Instruction by invigilator||9.15 am to 9.25 am|
|commencement of Exam||9.30 am|
UGC NET Marking Scheme 2019
There is no negative marking in the UGC NET as per the exam Pattern so the candidates are advised to attempt all the questions and the marking scheme for UGC NET 2019 is given below:
|Correct Answer||+ 2 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||0 mark|
NOTE: UGC NET 2019 Syllabus varies as per the subject the candidate has chosen.