UGC NET Admit Card 2020
The UGC NET 2020 Admit card is the most important document which a candidate needs to carry to the examination centre, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates can download the Admit Card from the official website of UGC NET.
There are two options for downloading the Admit card:
- Option 1: Using your Application Number and Password.
- Option 2: Using your Application Number and DOB.
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card Details
The candidates who have filled in the application forms successfully, can download the UGC NET 2020 admit card from the official website of UGC NET on and from May 31, 2020. The admit cards will be issued online only. The admit cards will not be sent via email or post.
Information about the candidate will be printed on the UGC NET 2020 admit card. Candidates must ensure that the information provided on the admit card is correct. Any discrepancies in the details furnished in the admit card has to be reported to the concerned authorities immediately.
- Print: It is advised that the applicant must take a printout of the UGC NET 2020 admit card, and must preserve it carefully to later present it at the time of the exam.
- Essentials: The applicant must bring a photo ID proof along with the UGC NET 2020 admit card to the exam center.
Steps to Download the UGC NET Exam Admit card 2020
The procedure to download the admit card for UGC NET 2020 is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UGC NET: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx and click on the link for admit card.
Step 2: On visiting the link, the following page appears.
Fill in the necessary details
- Selected Exam
- Application Number
Step 3: Candidates should enter their Application Number and Password.
Step 4: Click on the Login Button to access your e-Admit Cards and download it.
Step 5: Save and Print your UGC NET 2020 Admit Cards
Contents of UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
The UGC NET 2020 Admit Card contains the following important information:
- Venue of Test: The full address of the institute allotted to the candidate as their exam center, as well as the exam center number.
- Subject: The subject chosen by the candidate during application, and its subject code.
- Name of the Candidate
- Father's Name: The candidate's father's name
- PwD: Whether a person with disability or not
- Address: The candidate’s address as filled in during the time of application
- Email ID: The candidate’s registered email id
- Application Number: Candidate’s application number is mentioned which is also required to log in to the official website.
- Date of Test: The date of the examination is mentioned in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Timings: Detailed schedule and timings of the examination
Documents to be carried for UGC NET 2020 Exam
Candidates must bring all the following documents on the day of examination at the Test Centre, else they will be disqualified to appear for the exam:
- A printed copy of the UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form), for pasting on the specific space in the Attendance Sheet at the Test Centre during the Examination.
- An authorized photo ID proof (must be original, valid and nonexpired) suuch as PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrollment No./ Ration Card etc.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
NOTE: Candidate's Name, Photo and Signature on any authorized ID Proof should match with that on the Admit Card.
UGC NET Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility criteria. The candidate should not change any entry given on the Admit card. If the candidate fails to take the Admit card, a duplicate one will not be provided at the exam center.
A candidate has to download the Admit Card from the official website of UGC NET from May 31, 2020 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on the given Date and Shift (timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit Cards. In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line Numbers, between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate, or in their photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line Numbers, between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. In such cases, the candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to correct the record later.