If you ever had dreamt of having a respectable Government job, this is the right place for you. Get appointed at Class II and Class III level posts after clearing SSC CGL exam. SSC CGL will provide you with an opportunity to be selected for vacancies in Government offices throughout India.
- July 1, 2020: The SSC CGL 2019 Results for Tier-I is announced. Click here to know more about the results. The category wise cutoff for various posts has been released. Click here to know more about the cut-off. Candidates can check their scorecards by logging in to the portal from July 7, 2020, to August 6, 2020.
- The SSC has announced that the CGL Tier-II examination for the year 2020 will be held from October 14, 2020 to October 17, 2020. The rest of the examination related dates will be announced soon.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Answer Key notification has been released on March 16, 2020. Candidates can now challenge the tentative answer keys released by the conducting authority.
As updated recently by the Commission, Vacancies for SSC CGL 2020 have been updated to 9,488.
- What is SSC CGL?
- SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date
- SSC CGL 2020 Eligibility
- SSC CGL 2020 Vacancy
- SSC CGL 2020 Application Form
- SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card
- SSC CGL 2020 Exam Centres
- SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
- SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus
- SSC CGL 2020 Reference Books
- SSC CGL 2020 Result
- SSC CGL 2020 Cutoff
What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission - Combined Graduate Level Examination. SSC CGL is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India. SSC has various posts in Ministries, Departments, and Organizations. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. SSC is the leading Government organization that employs lakhs of students in India.
- Authority: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL 2020 Exam.
- Level: SSC CGL 2020 is a national level exam conducted by the Government of India and is conducted once a year.
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL)|
|Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Paper Medium||English or Hindi|
|Examination Duration||Tier-I: 60 minutes|
|Tier-II: 120 minutes|
|Tier-III: 60 minutes|
|Tier-IV: 45 minutes|
|Mode of Exam||Online: Tier-I, Tier-II (Computer Based Test)|
|Offline: Tier-III (Paper and Pen-Based Test)|
|Type of Question||Tier-I: MCQ|
|Tier-IV: Typing and Data Entry|
|Marking Scheme||Tier-I: For every correct answer (+2)|
|Tier-II: For every correct answer (+2)|
|Tier-III: Descriptive Type Questions|
|Negative Marking||Tier-I: No negative marking|
|Tier-II: Paper I & III - 0.5, Paper-II - 0.25|
|Tier-III: No negative marking|
- Exam Papers: SSC CGL 2020 Exam is conducted in 4 stages based on the post.
- Stages: For SSC CGL 2020, Tier-I and Tier-II exams will be conducted online, and Tier-III will be a descriptive offline exam. Tier-IV is a Computer Proficiency Test (required for some posts only) and document verification for the candidates selected in Tier-III.
- Scope: SSC is conducting recruitment exams to fill vacancies in different government ministries and organizations like the Indian Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau (IB), Ministry of Railways, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), etc. The posts are classified as A, B, C, and D.
- Cut-Off: The SSC CGL 2020 Cut-Off will be released by the Commission according to different categories. The candidates can refer to the official website to check the cut-off.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Dates
The SSC has declared the notification regarding SSC CGL 2020 Schedule. The dates given below are as per the official website. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website for updated news.
|Application Form release||October 22, 2019|
|Application Submission date||November 25, 2019|
|Admit Card for Tier-I Exam||February 28, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam||March 3 to 9, 2020|
|Admit Card for Tier-II & Tier-III Exam||October 2020 (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam||October 14, 2020 to October 17, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam||October 14, 2020 to October 17, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Results||3rd week of June, 2020 (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier-III Results||To be announced|
Note: All aspirants must understand that the SSC CGL Exam Dates mentioned above are tentative and might be subject to change. Therefore, candidates must keep checking for the official notification on the website.
SSC CGL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Assistant Account Officer: Bachelor's degree with a Master of business studies or an MBA (finance) or Master of Business Economics.
- Statistical Officer: Candidates should have graduation with 60% marks in mathematics at 10+2.
SSC CGL 2019 age limit and eligibility criteria are mentioned below in the tabulated form:
|Name of Post||Age Limit|
|Central Secretariat Service - Assistant||20 to 30 years|
|Grade II - Statistical Investigator||Maximum 32 Years|
|Intelligence Bureau (IB) – Assistant||21 to 30 years|
|Sub-Inspector in Central Bureau of Narcotics||20 to 30 years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector in Central Bureau of Investigation
Sub-Inspector in the National Investigation Agency (NIA)
|Up to 30 years|
|Other posts||18 to 27 years|
- Age relaxation for reserved candidate
|Ex-servicemen (General)||3 Years|
|Ex-servicemen (OBS)||6 Years|
|Ex-servicemen (SC/ST)||8 Years|
SSC CGL 2020 Vacancy
SSC conducts SSC CGL for various posts. All the post divides into four groups. Group A, B, C, and D. Some of the posts in SSC CGL Vacancies are mentioned here i.e. Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Inspector of Income Tax, etc. The details of the posts for SSC CGL 2020 are mentioned in the vacancy section. There are approximately 9,488 vacancies for SSC CGL 2020.
SSC CGL 2020 Application Form
Aspirants have to satisfy all the prescribed eligibility criteria before proceeding for SSC CGL 2020 Application Form. Candidates can submit the SSC CGL Application Form in online mode only. The application process should be completed online at the official SSC website.
SSC CGL online application form will be available from 22nd October 2019 on the official website of SSC. The candidate has to fill all relevant information in the application form and all information is mandatory. The SSC CGL Registration Form is separated into three parts:
- Personal Details: Candidates should mention their details like name, date of birth and gender.
- Basic Details: Candidates should give their basic information, Aadhar card number, Category (SC/ ST/ OBC).
- Contact Details: Candidates should mention their contact details like address, phone number, email id.
Candidates have to INR 100 as SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee by online or offline mode.
How to apply for SSC CGL?
SSC CGL Application Process is mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the SSC Official Website and Click on the 'Apply' link.
- Step 2: A window will open where you can click on the 'Click here to Apply' link
- Step 3: Under the 'New Registration' window you can click on the 'Register' link and then enter the details like Name, Contact details Mobile Number, Email ID.
- Step 4: Upon completion of registration, you will receive a registration number & password.
- Step 5: After registration, you will be directed to the application form where you should fill all the details.
- Step 6: Complete the last step by making the payment (either by online or offline modes).
SSC CGL 2020 Application Form Correction
Candidates will be provided a period for correction. Candidates can change only some pieces of information.
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Exam City
SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card
SSC will declare separate SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card for every exam. SSC will declare the Tier-I admit card for all successfully registered candidates. Tier-II admit cards will be issued for Tier-I qualified candidates. And the Tier-III admit card will be issued to those who will qualify the Tier-II exam. The admit card will be considered ad SSC CGL 2020 Hall Ticket date of releasing admit cards is not yet announced. The date will be notified later on the official website of SSC.
Contents of SSC CGL Hall Ticket
The SSC CGL 2020 Admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll No. (user ID for the exam)
- Login Password
- SSC CGL 2020 Hall Ticket Number
- Exam Date
- Time, Exam Venue
- Exam Duration
Note: Candidates are advised to carry a new photograph if the photograph attached to the admit card is not clear.
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Open the official website of SSC.
- Click on the "SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card" link.
- Enter the credentials (Registration Number and password)
- The SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card will be displayed.
- Download the admit card and take a print of the same.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Centres
The SSC CGL will be conducted into more than 100 exam centres all over India. Candidates can provide three choices of exam centres while filling the application form. Seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis. If the total seats for the city which is the first preference are already filled, then the next best option is provided.
The list of few SSC CGL 2020 examination centre are listed below and for a detailed list of centers can refer to the exam centre section.
- Port Blair
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern
As there are 4 tiers in the exam, the pattern is different for different tiers. Tier I, Tier II and Tier IV are online tests, whereas Tier III is an offline test. Based on the level of exam (Tier) they clear, candidates will be posted to different jobs.
- Tier-1: Has 100 questions for a total of 200 marks and the duration is one hour.
- Tier-2: Has 4 papers, the duration of each paper is 1 hour. Total of 200 questions for 200 marks.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Structure
|Subjects||General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language||Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Statistics, Finance & Accounting, Economics & Governance||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||
Computer Proficiency Test (required for some posts only), Documents Verification.
|Type||Objective type||Objective type||Descriptive Type||Skill Test|
Offline and Online
|Exam Duration||1 hour||2 hour||1 hour||-|
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2020 Exam is conducted in 4 tiers, namely, Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. Topics covered in each Tier are different and candidates are advised to go through each topic listed in the SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus. Tier-wise syllabus is given below
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-I Syllabus:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-II Syllabus:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language Comprehension
- General Studies (Finance and Economics)
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-III Syllabus:
- It is an offline and descriptive type exam it includes essay writing, letter writing, application writing, etc.
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-IV Syllabus:
- Data Entry Speed Test
- Computer Proficiency Test
SSC CGL Reference Books
There are no specific books available for the exam. But candidates can refer below-mentioned books to get knowledge about questions and topics covered in the syllabus.
- Kiran's SSC CGL Question Bank (1996-2016)
- NCERT Books from Class 6th to 10th (Science and social science books only)
- Lucent's GK by Vinay Karna
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitive Aptitude for Competitive exams by R.S. Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
- Daily editorials of any good English newspaper (e.g.The Hindu or Express)
Note: To score high in SSC CGL 2020 Exam one has to prepare regularly. In addition to this, the materials used by a candidate determines his or her score.
SSC CGL Exam Analysis
The SSC CGL is a national level entrance examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India for graduates to apply for government jobs. This is exam is conducted in 4 tiers for the four classes of employment. Tier 1 examinations are being conducted from March 2, 2020, to March 11, 2020.
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is a computer-based test that consists of only multiple-choice questions. The duration of the examination is 60 minutes. The exam has questions related to topics covered from 4 sections divided over 100 questions. Each correct response awards 2 marks while each incorrect response will result in the negative marking of 0.5 marks.
The SSC CGL exam analysis is one way the candidates appearing for the further shifts of the examination can stay prepared. This will keep the candidates informed about the exam paper recently conducted and also help them get an idea about the exam pattern for the current year.
March 2nd, Shift 1:
- The paper was reported to be of a moderate level of difficulty. The total number of good attempts for the examination was around 75-80.
- The general awareness section was between easy to moderate level of difficulty. The questions were covered from topics of national and international importance, scientific research, history, culture, sports, economics, etc.
- The quantitative aptitude section was reported to be moderately difficult. The section consisted of topics related to quants, such as number systems, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, mensuration, interest, profit & loss, percentages, etc.
- The reasoning aptitude section was at a difficulty level between easy and moderate. Candidates reported that the exam paper consisted of topics from analogies, classification, non-verbal reasoning, blood relations, matrix, puzzles, coding-decoding, etc.
- The English language section was reported to be of easy to moderate level of difficulty. The section covered topics related to comprehension such as spot the error, synonyms/antonyms, cloze test, reading comprehension, improvement of sentences, etc.
SSC CGL 2020 Answer Key
The Staff Selection Commission will announce the answer keys for the CGL Examination shortly after the exam is conducted so candidates can compare the answers that they have marked to the correct ones. This will give them an idea about their result. The SSC will release the tentative answer key before the final set of answer keys. These tentative answer keys can be challenged by the candidates in a given time window by the SSC.
The fee to challenge the answer key is INR 100/- per question/answer. The answer key challenging process will be conducted between March 16, 2020 to March 21, 2020.
SSC CGL 2020 Result
SSC CGL 2019 Results will be announced by the conducting body on the official website of SSC. The result will be declared separately for the different Tiers. Candidates will be given post based on the All India Rank (AIR). The All India Rank will be combined with all the Tier. SSC CGL 2020 Result will be displayed in a PDF format and candidates can view their result and download it for future use.
Steps to View the Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of SSC.
- Step 2: Click on the “Results” link on the homepage.
- Step 3: Once you click on the results link the candidates will be displayed Results page
- Step 4: Under the Result column, click on the “click here” link of the SSC CGL 2019 Exam.
- Step 5: Click One pdf file will open and candidates can find your results with their roll no.
- Step 6: Press 'Ctrl + F' and type your number to easily find your name in the SSC CGL Result pdf.
SSC CGL 2020 Cutoff
The SSC will declare different SSC CGL 2020 cutoff for every Tier exam. After all the exam will get over SSC will declare the cutoff. Candidates can check the cutoff on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
SSC will prepare the SSC CGL 2020 cutoff based on various factors.
- The number of candidates appearing for the SSC CGL 2020 Exam
- The performance of the candidates in the exam.
- The number of vacancies under SSC CGL 2020.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- The requirement of candidates in various posts.
Tier wise Cutoff of SSC CGL 2020:
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Hearing Handicapped (HH)|
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Hearing Handicapped (HH)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Visually Handicapped (VH)|
|Category||Unreserved (UR)||Schedule Caste (SC)||Ex-Servicemen||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Visually Handicapped (VH)||Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)||Hearing Handicapped (HH)|
Visit SSC CGL 2019 Cutoff section to get detailed information about cut off marks.
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment will be conducted after the declaration of result by the Staff Selection Commission for various posts into different Government Ministries, departments and Organisations.
- SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment is done for 32 posts classified into 4 main groups: A, B, C, and D.
- Candidates will be recruited on various posts based on the final SSC CGL 2019 Result.
Stepwise Process of Selection
- Tier-I qualified candidates will be selected for the Tier-II exam.
- Tier-II qualified candidates will be selected for Tier-III and Tier-IV exam.
- Candidates who will cross the total combined cutoff marks (Tier I, II and III) will be selected for the final round.
- After Data Entry Speed Test and Computer Proficiency Test qualified candidates will be recruited for various posts.