UGC NET passing marks is the minimum marks candidates need to score. The passing marks for each category is different. Read the article to know more.
UGC NET Passing marks 2023 for the general category is 40% and 35% for candidates from the reserved category. However, these are just the passing marks required for the merit list. To know the actual UGC NET passing marks, you must check the previous year’s cutoff and expect it to be somewhat similar. The cutoff marks of UGC NET are different for each category.
UGC NET is conducted bi-annually by NTA for candidates who want to get appointed to Lecturer (LS) and Junior Research Fellow (JRF) posts in various colleges/universities across the country.
Table of Contents
- UGC NET Passing Marks
- UCG NET Cut Off Marks
- Previous Year's UGC NET Passing Marks
- UGC NET Preparation Tips
UGC NET Passing Marks
Candidates who pass the eligibility test and obtain the fellowship will be eligible for financial aid from the commission to pursue higher-level research programmes in university departments (JRF). The UGC NET passing marks 2023 for various categories are as follows:
|Category||Paper I||Paper II|
UCG NET Cut Off Marks
UGC NET cutoff marks in 2023 will be similar to 2022. The cutoff marks are usually higher than the UGC NET passing marks. Candidates must secure the cutoff marks to get admission into various streams.
How to Calculate the UGC NET Cutoff?
The following steps are involved in calculating the UGC NET cutoff marks. You are advised to check and follow the steps:
- The UGC NET cutoff marks for each category are decided by the highest number of marks attained by the candidates.
- The highest marks from each category are announced to be the highest marks of the year for the category.
- The aggregate percentage of marks attained by the candidates will determine their eligibility for a job.
- The candidates who qualify for the above points are offered jobs in the leading colleges.
Factors Determining the UGC NET Cut Off
Factors that affect the UFC NET cutoff 2023 are as mentioned in the points below:
- The total number of seats available.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- Previous year's cutoff trend for the exam.
Previous Year's UGC NET Passing Marks
To secure the UGC NET passing marks in 2023, you must know the previous year's cutoff. The UGC NET 2022 cutoff for some of the subjects is as follows:
|Subject Code||Subject||Category||Assistant Professor||JRF & Assistant Professor|
|Cut Off Percentile||Total||Cut Off Percentile||Total|
UGC NET Preparation Tips
Scoring the UGC NET passing marks sounds easy, but it is not. The minimum passing marks in the UGC NET exam are 40% for general and 35% for candidates belonging to reserved quota. However, scoring those marks will not reserve a seat. Some UGC NET Preparation tips are as detailed below:
- First, assess the entire syllabus for the subject you want to appear for.
- Next, know the subject's previous year's UGC NET cutoff marks.
- Take help and suggestions from the books recommended for preparation and approved by UGC.
- For best preparation, follow the previous year's question papers.
- Lastly, in case of serious doubts, take coaching or help from youtube videos.
We hope this article was helpful. If you want to address any queries or points, kindly write to us in the comments section.
POST YOUR COMMENT