To perform excellently and crack the UGC NET Exam 2023, understand the exam pattern and syllabus, focus on the papers mock tests, revise, practice papers, and stay healthy.
The student aspirants must know how to crack UGC NET exam 2023 by knowing the basic tips and tricks to crack the exam on their first try. One of which, knowing the UGC NET 2023 syllabus is essential part of the exam preparation.
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level entrance exam for checking candidate eligibility for entry into Assistant Professor/Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The entrance exam is a computer-based exam which takes place twice a year- December and June.
Table of Contents:
Tips on How to Crack UGC NET Exam 2023
The students can check out the tips on how to crack the UGC NET exam 2023 by the list of pointers given below.
Cracking the UGC NET Exam from the 1st attempt should be an easy-go-shot, and it’s not hard as entitled if good exam preparation and learning where to score is the priority.
- Be Your Own Competitor
- Previous Year Paper Analysis
- An Active Routine & Revision
- Where to Score Marks?
- Attempt Mock Tests/E-trials Continuously
- Create Your Own Study Notes
- Gathering Right Study Materials
- Proper Time Management
- Self-Discipline, Self-Study & Confidence
- Boost Your Brain Muscles
1. Be Your Own Competitor
Do not set your benchmark for someone else. As a result, you tend to lose yourself in the pitfall of others as well. Set your dreams and goals for yourself. Resonate to why the NET exam can be a great opportunity for you!
Be greedy for your ambitions. Self Pity isn't a good sign all the time with the comparison of fall performances and failures.
2. Previous Year Paper Analysis
Add a constant reminder of evaluating all the previous paper exam analysis (2015-2022) while with exam strategic planning. Cracking any national exams certainly consumes good evaluation time and patience.
This practice of going through previous years' UGC NET papers proved to be useful for most of the students. It not only creates a consciousness of exam preparing methods but also leaves an explanation of the exam pattern and difficulty level with the prescribed subject topics.
We have broken down an explanation of the UGC NET Exam Analysis based on the difficulty level.
|Paper-I (one hour)
|Teaching & Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, People and Environment, and others
|Paper-I (two hours)
|Based on Candidate Subjects Chosen
|No negative marking
|Marks per Question
|2 marks per correct response
UGC NET aspirants must have a clear understanding of:
- Exam Pattern
- Subject Section & Topics
- Paper- The difficulty level
- Where to Score Marks
- Time-Alert, Focus & Patience.
3. An Active Routine & Revision
Design your routine in such a way, maintaining daily tasks and activities isn’t affected the same. You can study well while eating something healthy, watch a series, or complete a puzzle/exercise. Keeping a routine is a must. Set a timer/alarm and follow it. Thus, you can relax during exam time with all the exam preparation on your tip.
Also, the hours of study do not matter, the grasping power on topics and ability to expand explanation and logical ideas matter. Lastly, re-reading and re-collecting all the exam preparation is really important. Never miss this important point. Revising is a lifeline to gearing up to exam studying with an ace score.
4. Where to Score Marks?
It's not bad in getting all the subject topics covered. But at times, most of the students failed to do so with the time in actuality. In such situations, one should check where the questions are mostly derived from, subjects portions that have more scoring chances.
This will also save time-wastage on those topics with less weightage of marks. It's a brilliant idea to crack the UGC NET exam with little or no time.
5. Attempt Mock Tests/E-trials Continuously
After each subject/syllabus completion, head up to try for the UGC NET mock tests. These mock trials are designed based on the exam syllabus, the questions set on previous year's question papers, an ideal structure of the real exam. Attempt it twice thrice on weekends. Such efforts reflect:
- Your weak spot on the subjects
- Ideas for solving questions
- Enhance individual speed accuracy with exam time-allotment
- Test Your skills and performance levels.
6. Create Your Own Study Notes
Gather all the class explanations, coaching classes, expert notes, and textbooks and break it down into simpler with brief notes. It’ll sum up all the important details to study and present the answers in the most refined way during the examination without leaving aside the core information.
7. Gathering Right Study Materials
The most important and grave mistake is trying to study everything from multiple books and references showcasing in the market all over.A good study guide for UGC NET has to be in reference to the syllabus on over 80 plus subjects as prescribed by the UGC NET authority on Paper-I and Paper-II.
Collect informative books listed in the UGC NET Reference Books, which are reliable to prepare for the exam well.
8. Proper Time Management
Though people practice hard, people are often concerned about scoring poorly in mock exams. The main reason behind this is that we are not arranging our attempts according to the time required for each section practically. Therefore, while answering a question, keep a check on the time.
The final date for the UGC NET exam is only a couple of months away and for an exam of this importance, you should start at least 5 to 6 months ahead of the exam date.
- Do not spend a long time only studying. It will make your mind reluctant. Break your study into parts and take short breaks in between.
- In your timetable, allocate time for every section. The only regular short and precise practice of every section can bring you one step closer to success.
- Study for at least 6 to 7 hours daily. Keep one hour in your hand to revise what you have studied earlier every day.
- Time management is very important while sitting in the examination center. Try to read the question at a glance first, if it does not seem familiar, leave it for later and solve the familiar questions right away.
- Also, those questions that may have some twists or lengthy calculations, mark them for later.
- Even if very little, you should have at least 5-8 minutes in hand to revise the answers that you have given.
9. Self-Discipline, Self-Study & Confidence
Understanding the value of applying discipline can save you a lot from falling. Shut the negative opinion of faceless people, take them practically if it applies logic. A little criticism is good to work on your weaknesses.
Develop the habit of owning a self-exam plan and self-study without any distractions.Overall, without confidence, any exam at any sort of level is useless. Confidence is the key to opening the doors you want to.
10. Boost Your Brain Muscles
The interesting catch to how to enjoy exam and be prepared mentally, taking part to do extra other activities as to:
- Solve a piece of the puzzle, jigsaw, mnemonics, and other memory games
- Reads other books that limit you
- Acquire online study game apps that drive your mind to exercise and think smart
- Test some new hobbies
- Grab a good and healthy green diet, adding a cheating day
- Staying focused and positive.
UGC NET Syllabus
Candidates must catch up with the syllabus while pondering How to crack the UGC NET exam 2023? The UGC NET syllabus is categorised in Paper I and Paper-II. The exam is conducted to test the candidate's knowledge about subjects.
Moreover, paper I is a general paper and candidates research and teaching ability is tested. Therefore, the questions from this section are general and are not subject-oriented.
In contrast, paper II is subject-based. It is devised to test the core strength of the candidates and their knowledge over a particular topic.Furthermore, candidates must be thoroughly prepared for each section and learn the details of the syllabus before appearing for the examination.
Read More: UGC NET Preparation 2023
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
In order to comprehend the exam structure, number of sections, total number of questions, maximum score, and marking scheme established by the officials, candidates must review the most recent UGC NET exam pattern. It will enable them to match the study advice to the precise exam specifications.
- There will only be one Computer-based Test (CBT) option available for the UGC NET 2023 exam.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the two multiple-choice objective papers.
- The language of the paper can be either English or Hindi, except for language paper.
- According to the marking scheme, every correct answer will receive two marks; wrong answers will not result in a deduction of marks.