Latest Update: The KTET 2020 results are announced. Click here to check your results.
KTET 2020 Answer Key has been released on March 11, 2020. The exam was conducted on February 15, 2020 and the result is expected soon.
- What is KTET?
- KTET 2020 Recruitment
- KTET 2020 Exam Date
- KTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- KTET 2020 Syllabus
- KTET 2020 Exam Pattern
- KTET 2020 Registration Process
- KTET 2020 Admit Card
- KTET 2020 Result
- Kerala TET Related Exams
What is KTET?
Full form of KTET is Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test which will be conducted to recruit candidates for teaching profiles in Kerala by Kerala State Education Board. The government of Kerala introduced the KTET Exam in order to improve or bring new standards in teaching. The exam is based on the National Curriculum Framework.
KTET is a National level exam conducted by the Kerala State Education Board (KSEB), Pareeksha Bhavan. KSEB is located in Pareeksha Bhavan, Poojapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala- 695012. KTET Exam is conducted to recruit teachers for Primary classes (1-5), Upper Primary classes (6-8) and Secondary classes (9-10).
As per the official website of KTET, separate exams will be conducted for selection of teachers for different categories of Category-I (Lower Primary Teachers), Category-II (Upper Primary Teachers), Category-III (High School Teachers) and Category-IV (language Teaching like Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu etc, Specialist Teachers (Art & Craft), Physical Education Teachers).
|Exam Name||Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Acronym||KTET / Kerala TET|
|Conducting Authority||Kerala State Education Board (KSEB)|
|Level of exam||Kerala State|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper Test)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Eligibility||Varies Based on The Post|
|Category I (1-5) Exam Pattern||
Child Development and Pedagogy,
Language I Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam,
Mathematics, Environmental Studies,
Language II English/Arabic
|Category II (6-8) Exam Pattern||
Child Development & Pedagogy,
Language I Kannada/ Tamil/Malayalam,
Language II English/Arabic,
Mathematics and Science, Social Studies
|Category III (9-10) Exam Pattern||
Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude,
Language Kannada/ Tamil/Malayalam/English,
|Category IV (9-10) Exam Pattern||
Child Development & Pedagogy,
Language Kannada/Tamil /Malayalam/English,
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
|KTET 2020 Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Contact Number||0471 254 6832, 0471 254 6833|
KTET 2020 Recruitment
- Pay scale: KTET 2020 qualified teachers will be offered a pay scale of Rs. 4,600 to 31,500 per month (varies based on the post).
- Notifications: Candidates need to visit the KTET official website at ktet.kerala.gov.in to check the KTET 2020 notification.
KTET 2020 Exam Dates
- Application form Dates: KTET exam 2020 online application form is available on the official website and the last date to fill the online application form for KTET is January 16, 2020.
- KTET Examination Date: KTET 2020 exam is going to be held from February 15, 2020 to February 16, 2020.
- KTET 2020 Admit Card Date: The Admit Card has been released on February 5, 2020.
- KTET 2020 Answer Key Date: The answer key has been released on the official website on March 11, 2020.
- Result Date: KTET 2020 result date has been announced on May 30, 2020.
|Opening of Registration||January 9, 2020|
|Last Date to apply||January 16, 2020|
|Release of KTET Admit Card||February 5, 2020|
|KTET Exam Date||February 15, 2020|
|Result Declaration of KTET||May 30, 2020|
KTET 2020 Eligibility
As KTET is conducted for different categories of teachers, KTET eligibility criteria for different categories are different.
Eligibility for Lower Primary Teachers (Category-I)
Applying candidate should have qualified Higher Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks and possess a 2-year Trained Teacher's Certificate conducted by Kerala Board of Examination or its equivalent.
Applying candidate should have qualified Higher Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks and a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE Rules and Regulations, 2002.
Applying candidate should have qualified Higher Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and should possess a 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
Applying candidate should have qualified Higher Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and should possess a 2-year Diploma in Special Education.
ELigibility for Upper Primary Teachers (Category-II)
Applying candidates should have pursued B.SC/B.Com/BA and a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Teacher's Training Certificate conducted bu Kerala Board of Education or equivalent.
candidate should have done B.Sc/B.Com/BA with at least 45% marks along with a B.Ed Degree (1 year) in accordance with NCTE Rules and regulations.
Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% in Higher Secondary and a Bachelor's in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) which should be a 4-year course.
Candidates should have obtained 50% marks in Higher Secondary and should have passed BA/B.Sc or B.Sc B.Ed or BA B.Ed.
Eligibility for High School Class Teachers
Aspirants who want to apply for High School Teaching under KTET need to qualify the following eligibility first.
- Atleast 45% marks in BA/B.Sc/B.Com and a B.Ed degree in the concerned subject from anyone universities in Kerala or from equivalent other universities.
- For those who have M.Sc.Ed degree in any of the subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Botany, Zoology should have passed degree from regional institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT with a minimum of 50% marks. For those with Botany and Zoology as subjects, if they have passed M.Sc.Ed with a minimum of 50% marks is eligible to apply.
- Candidate should have done BA with a minimum of 45% marks and who have passed LTTC can apply.
Eligibility for Category IV Teachers
Candidates those who have the necessary qualification required for the vacancy of Language teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit and Urdu, Specialist Teachers and Physical Education Teachers can apply as per the rules and regulations of the Kerala Education Act are eligible to apply.
Relaxation in Eligibility
Candidates who are from SC/ST categories will be getting a 5% relaxation in the academic aggregate and the candidates belonging to OBC and OEC categories will be getting a 3% relaxation.
KTET 2020 Syllabus
Again the KTET syllabus varies with which category post one wants to apply.
- KTET I (1-5): Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Language II English/Arabic.
- KTET II (6-8): Child Development & Pedagogy, Language I Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam, Language II English/Arabic, Mathematics and Science, Social Studies.
- KTET III (8-10): Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude, Language Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam/English, Mathematics and Science, Content/Pedagogy.
- KTET IV (9-10): Child Development & Pedagogy, Teaching Aptitude, Language I Kannada/Tamil/Malayalam/English, Content/Pedagogy.
KTET 2020 Exam Pattern
KTET exam 2020 will be conducted in offline mode. KTET exam pattern will have three papers, Paper-1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. Questions asked in all three KTET exam papers will be objective type multiple-choice questions.
Marking Scheme: All three papers together make up 150 marks. Every question carries one marks and no penalty will be deducted for wrong questions. The KTET Exam Pattern will be the same. However, the contents of the paper will be different.
KTET Exam Pattern for Category-I
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6-11)||30||30|
|Language I-Malayalam/ Tamil/ Kannada||30||30|
|Language II- English/Arabic||30||30|
Exam pattern for Category-II
The exam pattern for KTET for Category-II Teaching post will be the same as the category-I.
KTET Exam Pattern for Category-III
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude||40||40|
|Subject specific areas (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
KTET Exam Pattern for Category-IV
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development, Pedagogy & Teacher Aptitude||30||30|
|Subjects specific paper (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
KTET 2020 Registration
Mode: KTET 2020 online application form is available on the official website. KTET Application Fee can be paid through both online and offline modes.
Application Fee: KTET application form 2020 fees for General or OBC candidates will be Rs. 500. The Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to pay Rs. 250.
How to fill KTET Application Form?
Follow the steps below to fill KTET Application Form:
- Step 1: Candidate has to visit the official website for KTET.
- Step 2: Then, candidate needs to click on the link to register for KTET.
- Step 3: Upon reaching on the registration screen, candidate needs to fill in the details like Name, Contact No, Email etc. A verification code will be sent to your mobile number. You have to fill that number on the webpage and your registration will be done
- Step 4: The next step would be to fill the application form. The form should be filled with correct information. Candidates need to upload the images of their photo and signature also.
- Step 5: Then the candidate needs to pay the fee and they will be able to take the print out of their application form thereafter.
KTET 2020 Admit Card
KTET 2020 Admit card is available on the official website at ktet.kerala.gov.in and candidates can download admit from February 5, 2020. To download KTET 2020 Admit card candidates have to give their application number, date of birth as a password and security pin.
It should be kept in mind by the candidates that the admit card would not be sent to the candidate via post. No such requests will be entertained at any cost.
Details on Admit Card: Admit card contains details regarding candidate's name, exam centre, location and KTET exam date 2020.
KTET 2020 Result
Official website: KTET 2020 result has been declared on the official website of KTET, on May 30, 2020. Candidates who will clear the KTET Results will be appointed as teachers under Kerala Government.
How to check KTET Results?
Candidate need to follow the following steps to check the results easily.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of KTET.
- Step 2: Then, the candidate has to look out of the Results Link for KTET and click on it.
- Step 3: Then, they will land on a separate page and they will need to fill in the application number and the date of birth to view their results.
- Step 4: After filling in the credentials, the candidates will be able download their KTET scorecard.