- March 3, 2021: The last date to apply for the UGC NET 2021 exam is extended to March 9, 2021.
- February 2, 2021: The registrations for the UGC NET May 2021 have started from today. The application process is given in detail on this page. The direct link to apply is mentioned below. The last date to apply for the exam is March 2, 2021. The last date to submit the fee is March 3, 2021.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form: The application process for UGC NET May, 2021 commenced on February 2, 2021. The candidates can register for the exam online, on the official website. Candidates will be asked to enter certain personal and educational details in the application form, which they must do correctly. All the details related to the UDC NET admission form are discussed on this page.
- UGC NET 2021 Application Dates
- Steps to fill the UGC NET 2021 Application Form
- Issuing a duplicate certificate for UGC NET
- E-Certificate for UGC NET 2021
- Other Important Notes on UGC NET 2021 Application Form
- Registration Trends for UGC NET
- UGC NET Application Form FAQs
UGC NET 2021 Application Dates
The application form for UGC NET 2021 has been released online on February 2, 2021. The exam is going to be held in May, 2021. Some of the important dates related to the UGC NET application form 2021 are tabulated below:
UGC NET Online Application Form Release Date
February 2, 2021
Last Date to fill the UGC NET Application Form
March 9, 2021
Last Date to Pay the Application Fee
March 3, 2021
UGC NET Application Form Correction 2021
To be announced
The UGC NET hall ticket 2021 will only be issued to those candidates who fill the application form completely, with authentic details. If the candidates fail to pay the application fee before the aforementioned last date, no admit card will be issued to them.
How to apply for UGC NET 2021?
The application form for UGC NET is released online. The entire application process hence is carried out online. The candidates can access the form on the official website- 'www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in' . The steps to go forth with the registration are application are detailed below:
Step 1: Keep the documents required to fill the UGC NET Form ready
The candidates will be asked to attach several documents while filling the UGC NET application form. Hence, to avoid any kind of last-minute hassle, first, the candidates are advised to create digital copies of the below-mentioned documents:
- A Copy of Board/University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card (Original Only)
- Identification Proof – Bank A/C Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or Last Semester Marks Sheets
- Your Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code
- Four Cities for Exam Centres of your choice
- Code of NET Subject
- Code of the subject at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation Course
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- A Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate
- Your own e-mail address and Mobile Number
- Candidate’s Photograph (10 KB-200 KB in size)
- Candidate’s Scanned Signatures (4 KB-30 KB)
Step 2: UGC NET Registration and Login 2021
- Logging In: Students who are already registered on the official website can directly login using their Application Number and Password.
- Registration: New users must register themselves on the official website to apply for UGC NET #yearExam. Candidates can complete the registration process by filling in the required details.
- Terms and conditions: After logging in to fill up an application form, "Terms and Conditions" related to the exam are displayed. Candidates should go through the Terms and Conditions and then click on "Proceed Further".
Step 3: Filling the Application Form
- Entering necessary details: Now, the online NTA UGC NET 2021 Application Form will appear on the screen and candidates can start entering required details in the form like personal details, education details, etc.
- Submission: Carefully fill in all the details before clicking on the Submit option.
Details that have to be filled by the students while submitting UGC NET 2021 Application Form are tabulated in the table.
UGC NET 2021 Form Filling Details Asked Filling Criteria Applied for Select whether Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship Subject opted for Select one subject from 100 specializations available. The selected subject must be your Master's degree specialization subject. City of Examination Select one city from 90 cities where the test is being conducted. Name Enter your name Gender Choose your gender Caste Category Choose your Ca0ste Category properly from the drop-down list available Mailing and Permanent Address Enter your Mailing and Permanent Address Educational Qualifications Enter all your educational qualifications Password Generation Choose a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence
Confirmation: After the "Submit" button is clicked, a Review Page appears where a candidate can review details entered by him/her. Candidates are advised to go through details carefully and verify if all the information furnished is correct. After verification, click Final Submit to submit the UGC NET Application Form.
- Application Number generation: On submitting an application form, the system will generate UGC NET 2021 Application Number, which must be kept safe as it is required to log in again.
- Now, the Candidate can continue or skip to a further part. Candidate can continue filling up the rest of the information using Application ID and Password.
- Photograph and Signature: After all details are entered, candidates should upload scanned copies of their scanned photograph & signature (Candidates are advised to have a look at specifications regarding the size and dimension of images to be uploaded).
- Rejection of Forms: Candidates should fill all the personal and educational details in the application form. Candidates must keep in mind that if entries are not appropriate, their application form will be rejected they will not be able to take the UGC NET exam.
Step 4: Uploading Scanned Images
- Candidates should upload scanned images only in a specified format and dimensions.
- The candidate should know about the criteria to be followed at the time of uploading photo and signature.
Some Basic Standards to be followed while uploading the photo:
- Format: jpg/jpeg
- Size of the photo: 4KB – 40KB
- Photograph dimension(width x height): 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm
- Size of signature image: 1KB – 30 KB
- Signature dimension(length*Height): 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm
Step 5: Pay the UGC NET Application Fee 2021
The final step is to pay the application fees for UGC NET. The candidate can do so through SBI, HDFC, Syndicate, ICICI or PayTM gateways. UGC NET application form fee payment can also be done through E-Challans, Debit Cards and Credit Cards. The application fee for all the categories is given below:
General EWS, OBC-NCL
ST, SC, PwD, Transgender
Once the fee is paid, the candidates may download, and take a printout of the confirmation page, and preserve it for future reference.
Checklist for Filling Online Application Form
Candidates are advised to ensure following points before filling in the Online Application Form for UGC NET 2021:
- Whether they fulfil eligibility criteria for this exam as prescribed under the heading ‘Conditions of Eligibility ’and‘ Age Limit’.
- Whether they have filled their category viz General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender, in the relevant column correctly.
- Whether they have filled in their chosen Subject, and City of examination and its code in the relevant column correctly.
- Ensure that the Person with Disability (PWD) candidate has filled the relevant column in the online application form. Only PwD candidates have to fill this column and others have to leave it blank.
- Whether they have kept a printout of the application form (confirmation page) for their record.
Issuing a Duplicate Certificate for UGC NET
Candidates who lost their original UGC NET 2021 certificate can apply for Duplicate Certificates. To get a duplicate certificate, candidates have to submit an affidavit on a Judicial stamp paper, duly attested by the Authority for loss of original certificate issued by UGC. The affidavit should mention the name of the candidate, their particulars like father's and mother's names, date of UGC NET 2021, Roll number, subject, address, etc.
Candidates must state in the affidavit that, in case of their discovering the original NET certificate/JRF Award Letter, they would not misuse it and return it to the UGC NET Bureau.
- Payment: Candidate has to pay a demand draft of INR 100/- drawn in favor of the Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, payable at State Bank of India, Service Branch, (Code No. 7687), New Delhi.
- FIR: An attested Copy of FIR registered at the nearest Police Station. The attestation stamp of Class-I gazetted officer must bear their name, designation, and official address.
E-Certificate for UGC NET 2021
All UGC NET qualified Candidates who have not received their e-certificate can download the same by providing their respective details:
Other Important Notes on UGC NET 2021 Application Form
Candidates are required to check fee payment status on the official website of UGC NET. The candidate will be able to take a printout of "Confirmation Page" only if the status is "OK". In case of status is "NOT OK", candidates are advised to do the following:
- Candidate has to make sure that he/she submits his/her application before the mentioned UGC NET 2021 Exam Date.
- Candidate must approach the concerned bank at the earliest to update his/her payment status, only if payment was done via e-challan mode.
- If payment was done using a debit/credit card then, the amount will be refunded to the concerned bank account within a week. Candidates must make the payment again in such cases.
Registration Trends for UGC NET
The maximum number of candidates attempted UGC NET in the December 2019 session. The approximate data on how many candidates applied and how many appeared in the last few sessions of UGC NET is tabulated below:
|Session||No. of applicants||No. of candidates who appeared|
UGC NET Application Form FAQs
Q. When is the last day to fill the application for UGC NET 2021?
A. The application forms were released on May 2, 2021. The last date to fill the UGC NET application form 2021 is March 9, 2021.
Q. Who can apply for UGC NET exam?
A. UGC NET is a merit you must add to your CV if you are a post-graduate from Arts, Social Science, Electronic Science or Computer Science backgrounds, and want to build a career in teaching as an Assistant Professor or going forward with Research in your domain. The eligibility criterion for UGC NET applicants states that candidates must attain a score of at least 55% (General Category) or 50% (Reserved Categories) in their Master's degree, in order to be eligible to take this examination. The certificate of those candidates who fail to secure the above-mentioned percentage is not considered valid.
Q. I paid the application fee for UGC NET, but my payment status is still "Not OK". What should I do?
A. As per the official brochure, if the candidate has paid the application fee and still hasn't received a confirmation status, he or she must make the payment again. The fee amount deducted from their accounts in the previous, failed transaction (if any),will get refunded within the next couple of days.