NTA UGC NET is an extremely difficult exam to crack. Candidates require rigorous preparation to be able to answer all the questions asked in the paper. The syllabus prescribed for every subject is vast and covering it is time-consuming. Apart from that, the candidates are also advised to focus on other important aspects such as the pattern of UGC NET question paper.
The candidates must start the preparation several months before the examination date. In the last few days, they should reserve some time to attempt the UGC NET Mock Tests.
How to attempt the UGC NET Mock Tests?
NTA releases some mock test papers for UGC NET preparation on its official website. The steps to access those sample question papers are discussed in this section:
- Go to the official website: ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Locate ‘Mock Test - UGC NET 2021 exam’, on the homepage, and click on it.
- You will now be directed to a new page, where there’s an option to choose your subject and the paper.
- Find the UGC NET mock test 2021 for your subject, and choose the paper which you would like to attempt first.
- After making your choices, click on the ‘Start Mock Test’ button given below.
Answering the questions given in the UGC NET Mock Test 2021
Before beginning to attempt the UGC NET mock test 2021, the candidate should carefully read all the instructions given on the first page. Some general instructions provide information on the duration of the test (Paper 1: 60 minutes, Paper 2: 120 minutes), meaning of each symbol, navigation through the mock test, changing languages, etc.
The candidates must click on the checkbox given at the bottom of the page, and proceed to attempt the UGC NET 2021 Mock Test Paper.
Understanding the Colours and Symbols on the UGC NET Mock Test
- White: The question has not been visited yet.
- Red: The question has not been answered yet.
- Green: The question has been attempted by the candidate.
- Blue Circle: The candidate has not attempted the question and marked it for review.
- Blue Circle with a Green Dot: The candidate has attempted the question and marked it for review. This question, if submitted, will be considered for evaluation of the candidate’s score.
Mock Tests for UGC NET 2021 Preparation
There are several advantages of solving the UGC NET mock tests online. Candidates can find them on the official website, as well as various other sources, for free. Some of reasons why you should not appear for the UGC NET 2021 exam without solving the sample question papers are given below:
- Hands on experience of what the actual exam will be like: The candidates will understand the type of questions which will be asked in the exam, as well as the pattern of the UGC NET question paper.
- A chance of enhancing your preparation further: So you think you’re through with the syllabus? Why not take a test and find out where you stand? If you score well, this will act as a confidence booster. If you don’t, there’s still time to improve.
- The best way to revise: The questions and the end of every textbook are meant to test a student’s contextual knowledge and understanding. Just like that, the mock tests will help candidates recall everything that they have learned, in a non-monotonous way.
- Helps in building up speed: The candidates will have three hours to attempt all the questions asked in the exam. At least half of the candidates complain that the paper was too lengthy and they ran out of time, and failed to answer all the questions. To avoid that situation, it is advised that candidates solve as many UGC mock tests as they can. Practice will build their speed, and they will be able to attempt all the questions without much difficulty.
Some of the UGC NET Mock Tests are given below in PDF format. Candidates can download them and attempt them for any, or all of the reasons mentioned above. Good luck!