The UGC NET result 2021 will be announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) by July, 2021, on the official website. The candidates will have to log into their accounts using valid credentials, such as the application number, DOB and security pin to be able to access the UGC NET result 2021.
A candidate is advised to take a printout of the NTA UGC NET exam result 2021 for further reference. Candidates who attain the cut-off score, as per their category, will be eligible for occupying the position of Assistant Professor at various colleges across the country or be sponsored under Junior Research Fellowship. According to NTA UGC NET 2021 result, only the top 15% of students are considered for the post of Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Result 2021 Highlights
Some important facts related to the UGC NET Result are given below.
|UGC NET Result 2021|
|UGC NET Result Date||June 15, 2021 (Tentative)|
|UGC NET E-Certificate Date||To be announced|
|The validity of UGC NET result||
Assistant Professor: Lifetime
Junior Research Fellowship : 3 Years
UGC NET 2021 Counselling will begin soon after the date of result declaration. To get the invitation to counselling round, the candidate must to confirm his/her ranking, and then based on merit, a date will be allocated by the officials. The UGC NET result 2021 must be preserved until the completion of the entire admission process.
UGC NET 2021 Answer Keys are uploaded on the official website within 3 to 5 days of the exam. Candidate has the provision to challenge the answer key by making a payment of INR 1000 as processing charges. This amount is refunded if the authorities accept the candidate's objection.
How to check UGC NET Result 2021?
The candidates can download their UGC NET result 2021 easily by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website - www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on the "UGC - NET JUNE 2021 NTA Score" link.
- Step 3: Login by providing your application number, date of birth and the security pin.
- Step 4: The result will be displayed on your screen.
- Step 5: Candidate must save and preserve the UGC NET 2021 result as a PDF file.
- Step 6: It is advisable to take a printout of the UGC NET result for further reference.
Note: After the announcement of UGC NET result, candidates can apply further, for fellowships or the post of assistant lecturer at various colleges.
How to check UGC NET Result 2021 without Roll No./Application No.?
Several times, the candidates lose their admit cards and application numbers long before the announcement of UGC NET exam result. Those candidates should follow the below-mentioned steps to regenerate their details and check their UGC NET 2021 result:
- Go to the official website - www.nta.ac.in
- Click on the link provided to view the UGC - NET June 2021 NTA Score.
- Click on the 'Forgot Application Number' link.
- The candidates will be asked to provide certain details to verify their identities, such as the candidate's name, father's name, mother's name, and the captcha/security code as displayed on the screen.
- The candidates will be able to regenerate the application number after submitting the above-mentioned details.
- After retrieving the application number, candidates can proceed to log in to their accounts and access their respective UGC NET result 2021.
Details Mentioned on UGC NET 2021 Result
The information which can be found on the UGC NET result 2021 is listed below. The candidates must verify the accuracy of the mentioned details to avoid facing any problems in future.
- Candidate’s name
- Hall ticket number
- Application number
- Date of the exam
- Post chosen by the candidate
- Name of the subject for which the aspirant had appeared
- Marks secured by the candidate in each paper
- Candidate's rank
- Qualifying status
UGC NET 2021 Normalization Process
After the declaration of the UGC NET result, a merit list is created to determine the list of eligible students for the post of Junior Research Fellowship or Assistant professor. The process of normalization ensures a just scoring system for all candidates. The conducting authorities consider the following factors for score normalization:
- Number of examinees appearing in each shift
- Preparation of result for each shift (raw score and percentile)
- Compilation of UGC NET Raw Score and Percentile
Preparation of Merit List based on UGC NET Result 2021
Two merit lists are prepared after the announcement of NTA UGC NET result. One is based on the subject for which the candidate has appeared. The other one considers the category to which the candidate belongs, to ensure equity as well as equality in testing. The candidates who surpass the cut off scores make it to the merit list.
UGC releases separate merit lists for aspirants of the post of Assistant Professor and the JRF seekers.
UGC NET Result 2021 for Assistant Professor
UGC takes out the top 15% of candidates from the merit list and announces them eligible to become Assistant Professors in various Indian Universities and Colleges.
UGC NET Result 2021 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
After the above process, a separate cut off list is prepared for the students eligible for JRF. Below is the formula to calculate the candidates' UGC NET result 2021.
The number of slots under General Category for JRF = (Number of candidates who have opted for eligibility for Assistant Professor in that subject X Number of slots available under General category) / Total number of general candidates who have opted for JRD and are qualified for eligibility for the assistant professor.
UGC NET Result 2021 Preparation
The examiner shall consider the following aspects while evaluating a candidate's performance to make the UGC NET result 2021.
- The number of candidates who qualify shall be equal to 6% of the total candidates who appeared in both the papers of UGC NET 2021.
- Keeping in mind the Government of India's reservation policy, the vacancies will be distributed in a certain ratio among the test-takers belonging to various categories.
- To be considered for JRF and Assistant Professorship, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and attained the below-mentioned minimum score in both papers combined:
Category Score Unreserved/General 40% Reserved 35%
To understand the selection process better, refer to the formula illustrated below:
|No. of candidates to be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘Physics’ for the SC category||The number of candidates belonging to Schedule Caste (SC) category who secure minimum of at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for SC category for ‘Physics’ (x) Total slots derived for SC category (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to SC category overall subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.|
Total number slots that are available for awarding Junior Research Fellowship are allocated among the different categories as per the reservation policy of the Government of India. The procedure for subjectwise and category-wise allocation of Junior Research Fellowship slots is illustrated below:
Number of candidates to be declared qualified for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in the subject ‘Economics’ for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category
|Number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in the subject ‘Economics’ (x) Total JRF slots available for ST category (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to ST category overall subjects who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor|