If you want to pursue a career as a respectable professor or a lecturer in one of the prestigious universities of Karnataka, you can opt for the KSET exam. KSET 2021 is an exam for dynamic teachers who have the passion to teach and devote their whole lives to shape the youth of India.
Latest News on KSET 2021
- KSET 2021 Exam Postponed by the University of Mysore, Karnataka - Published on April 22, 2021
- April 22, 2021: The KSET 2021 exam scheduled for April 25, 2021, has been postponed due to the lockdown notice issued in Karnataka. The new date for the exam will be announced soon.
- February 12, 2021: KSET 2021 Application process begins. Click here to apply for KSET Application Form.
- What is KSET?
- KSET 2021 Exam Date
- KSET 2021 Notification
- KSET 2021 Eligibility
- KSET 2021 Application Form
- KSET 2021 Application Process
- KSET 2021 Admit Card
- KSET 2021 Exam Centres
- KSET 2021 Syllabus
- KSET 2021 Result
- Contact Details
What is KSET?
The Full Form of KSET is Karnataka State Eligibility Test. KSET Exam is conducted by the University of Mysore (recognized as the Nodal Agency from UGC, New Delhi), for the post of Lecturer or Assistant Professor.
About UGC: The UGC Stands for University Grants Commission of India, a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government under the UGC Act 1956 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, and is charged with coordination, determination, and maintenance of standards of higher education.
Exam Paper: The Test will be conducted in two individual papers, the type of questions in both the papers would be Multiple Choice.
Validity of Certificate: The certificate issued by the University for the eligible candidate will have lifetime validity.
Posts Offered: Candidates who qualified the KSET exam are qualified for the post of Lecturers/Assistant Professors of Universities/Colleges/Institutions, (Government/Aided/Private) of Karnataka State.
KSET Exam Highlights
Some noteworthy highlights related to KSET are tabulated below for your reference.
|KSET 2021 Exam Highlights|
|Exam Name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Acronym||KSET / K SET|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Designation Offered||Assistant professor|
|Mode of KSET 2021 Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Papers||Paper I - General Knowledge, Paper-II - Aptitude|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of Questions||Paper-I - 50 marks, Paper-II - 100 Marks|
|Total Number of Marks||300|
|KSET 2021 Duration||Paper I: 1 hour, Paper-II: 2 hours|
KSET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must check the dates of the KSET 2021 exam and not miss out on any important events. The application process should be completed before the deadline so that the candidate can appear for the exam. The KSET 2021 admit card and result declaration dates given below are tentative and will be updated once the official notification is released by the University of Mysore on their official website.
|Release of KSET 2021 Notification||February 08, 2021|
|KSET Online Application commencement||Apr 20, 2021|
|Last date for submission of KSET online application||May 20, 2021|
|KSET Application Last date with Late Fee of INR 250||March 15, 2021|
|Release of KSET 2021 Admit Card||To be announced|
|KSET 2021 Exam Date||Postponed|
|KSET 2021 Provisional Answer Key||To be announced|
|KSET 2021 Final Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of KSET 2021 Result||To be announced|
KSET 2021 Notification
The notification for KSET 2021 was released by the Mysore University on February 08, 2021. The application process has commenced from Apr 20, 2021 and will end on May 20, 2021.
The KSET 2021 will be held at the exam centres in Bengaluru, Bellary, Belagavi, Davanagere, Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Tumakuru and Vijayapura.
KSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the KSET 2021 exam. The eligibility criteria to appear for the KSET 2021 exam include educational qualification, age limit, age relaxation as well as reservation and many more. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Candidates should have secured at least 55% of marks (For general category) and 50% for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB], in Master's Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by the UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's Degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and waiting for results or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the KSET 2021 exam.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates must appear for the KSET exam in the relevant subject of their postgraduation only. In case the candidate does not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, then the candidate may appear in the UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates who belong to the OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) category and are from states other than Karnataka shall apply under General Merit (GM) category only.
- Candidates who became eligible in the previous KSETs are not allowed to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on the same subject in current KSET, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- PhD degree candidates whose Master's examination had been completed by September 19, 1991, will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in their aggregate score.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply for the KSET 2021.
KSET 2021 Application Form
All the details related to the KSET 2021 registration and all the steps involved to successfully fill up the KSET 2021 application form are given below. Candidates are advised to be very cautious while filling their details in the application form. The very first step in the application process is registration.
The dates given to candidates to complete the registration process for KSET 2021 on the official website are between Apr 20, 2021 and May 20, 2021. There are the steps involved in the registration process for KSET 2021:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KSET.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Tap on the link "Sign Up for Registration."
- Candidates must enter all mandatory personal and educational details such as e-mail ID, mobile number, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, security code, year of passing, graduation details, CGPA/percentage obtained etc.
- Upload the latest passport size photo and scanned copy of the signature as prescribed below.
Documents to Upload
Candidates shall upload their Scanned Photograph keeping in mind, the following specifications:
- The size of the photograph must be between 10 to 100 kb in JPEG format.
- The size of the photograph must be between 5 to 30 kb in JPEG format.
The registration fee for the general candidate is INR 1150. For Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD candidates, the fee is INR 650. Candidates will have to pay INR 250 extra as a penalty if they apply later than the given last date. Candidates are given the option to deposit the registration fee Online. The candidates also have the option to pay their KSET 2021 application fee offline. Read below to understand how payment for KSET 2021 can be made through both the modes.
- Online Payment: Payment can be made through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or an e-wallet payment.
- Offline Payment: Payment shall be made to a branch of SBI bank only. The challan can be generated online and paid for at any SBI branch.
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||INR 950|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||INR 650|
KSET 2021 Application Process
Candidates aspiring for the KSET 2021 exam must complete the application form before the deadline. The step by step process to complete the KSET registration is given below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KSET - www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- On the homepage, candidates should register (sign up for registration) by giving an authentic E-mail ID & providing a unique password of their own choice.
- Candidates should then proceed to give their personal, educational, and KSET exam details. While mentioning their educational qualification, they should also provide their PG course as Passed or Appearing, as the case may be.
- Payments towards KSET fee including bank charges must be deposited to KSET accounts through the KSET website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India (SBI) branch.
- After two working days from the date of payment, candidates have to log in with their email ID and password for downloading the Application Form and can take the printout of the 3 sheets of the application form (hard copy) in A-4 size paper,
- Application Form: The application form is to be submitted to the Nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Attendance Slip: The attendance slip is to be submitted to the Nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Admission Card: The admission card is to be retained by the candidate
- A hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal centre along with e-challan (for cash payment) or receipt generated through online payment, along with attested copies of:
- SSLC Marks Card.
- SC, ST, OBCs (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD certificates
- Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination).
- Affix his/her passport size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of the application form and must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
- Candidates should compulsorily submit the hard copy of application form, along with all other related documents in an A4 size cover, superscribed as [Application for KSET 2021], within the last date for submission to the concerned Nodal Centers. Application received after the last date will not be considered.
- The printout of the admit card should be retained by the candidates for future reference. The admit card must be carried by the candidate to the examination hall on the day of examination without fail, otherwise, the candidate won't be allowed to attend the examination.
- Candidates must note that the Admission Card will not be issued separately either by the Nodal centres or by KSET centre.
- Candidates should compulsorily bring the valid Photo ID to the examination centre without fail.
KSET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates shall download the admit card on the official website of the conducting authority. The admit cards will be available only for those candidates who have duly filled and submitted the application form before the last date for submission. Once the application fee payment is done, the candidates are allowed to download the admit card for KSET 2021.
The KSET 2021 admit card will be released in March or April, 2021. Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the KSET 2021 exam.
How to download the KSET 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow these steps to download the KSET 2021 admit card.
- Visit the official website of the KSET
- On the homepage of the website, click on the KSET admit card link.
- Enter the Application Number and log in.
- The KSET admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download the admit card and take the print out.
- Candidates shall compulsorily carry the admit card along with the photo identity proof to the examination hall.
Documents and Exam guidelines
Documents required: Candidates must carry a printout of the KSET 2021 admit card along with a valid photo identity proof to the exam centre. The photo identity can be Aadhar card, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License etc.
Exam Guidelines: As per the instructions mentioned on the KSET 2021 admit card, candidates shall be present at the examination hall at 9 AM for the first KSET session and at 1 PM for the second KSET session. No candidates will be allowed to the examination hall/room after 10 AM for the first session and 2 PM for the second session.
KSET 2021 Exam Centres
The KSET 2021 exam shall be conducted in 11 different test centres across Karnataka. Candidates shall choose any one test centre from the given options at the time of filling the KSET 2021 application form. The test centre once selected will be final and cannot be changed by the candidate under any circumstances.
Candidates shall know their KSET 2021 exam centre along with the test centre code while their admit card is generated. The list of test centres along with the centre code is given below.
|S. No.||Exam Centre||Centre Code|
Map Representation of KSET 2021 Exam Centres
For the exact locations of the KSET exam centre, candidates can refer to the map given above. Check the feasibility of reaching the exam centre from your place of residence before choosing the preferred examination centres in the application form.
KSET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for KSET 2021 is discussed in this section. KSET 2021 exam shall have 2 papers, comprising of 150 multiple choice questions in total. The examination for both the papers will be conducted on the same day, and the candidates must be present for both the papers. The first paper has to be completed in 1 hour while the candidates get 2 hours to finish and submit the second paper.
Note: KSET is an offline mode examination. Candidates shall mark their answers in the Optical Marks Reader (OMR) sheet provided with the test booklet.
|Session||Paper||Max. Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|First(General Knowledge and Aptitude)||I||100||50||1 hour|
|Second(Subject was chosen by the Candidate)||II||200||100||2 hours|
KSET 2021 Syllabus
The Paper I for all those who choose to appear for KSET 2021 is common, i.e., General Knowledge and Aptitude. For the second paper, the students have to select one subject from the list of 39 specialization subjects given below. The choice should be based on the subject that they studied while pursuing their respective PG courses.
|Subject code||Subject||The medium of Question Paper|
|1||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|3||Economics (I)||English & Kannada|
|5||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|6||History||English & Kannada|
|7||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|8||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism and Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English & Kannada|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
KSET 2021 Result
The result for KSET 2021 will be announced in May, 2021 by the University of Mysore. Candidates can check the same on the official website.
Steps to check the KSET 2021 Result
- Go to the official website: www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Locate the Result tab on the homepage, and click on it.
- Enter your KSET 2021 Roll Number and proceed, by clicking on the 'Search' button.
- Download your result for further reference.
Provisional Answer Keys: The KSET 2021 provisional answer keys for all the exam papers will be published on the official website -www.kset.unimysore.ac.in by June, 2021. The candidates who are not satisfied with the KSET 2021 key answers can challenge by submitting an application form by paying a sum of INR 1000 per question (payable in favour of The Co-Ordinator, KSET Center, UOM, Mysore)
If the challenged answer is considered legit, the amount will be refunded back to the candidate. The KSET decision shall be final and has the authority to decide on the answer key challenges. The result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys which will be updated on the KSET website.
Final Answer Keys: The KSET 2021 final answer keys for all the exam papers is published on the official website after the announcement of KSET 2021 result. The final answer key is prepared after considering any objections/claims that have been made by any candidate.
How to download KSET 2021 Result?
The step by step process to view the KSET 2021 exam results post-declaration are given below.
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka State Eligibility Test - kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "KSET 2021 result" link
- Candidates will have to enter their KSET 2021 roll number.
- After entering the roll number, click on the “Search” button
- The KSET 2021 exam results will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can view and download the result.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result sheet and preserve it for any further references.
In case of any queries related to the KSET 2021 exam, candidates can contact at the given details below.
Address: Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center
Moulya Bhavan, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006.
Phone: 0821 - 2419202/426
Email ID: [email protected]
What is the eligibility criteria for KSET?
Candidates possessing a Masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks for general candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates are eligible to apply for KSET.
What is the purpose of KSET exam?
KSET Exam is conducted by the University of Mysore to recruit the personnel for the post of lecturer and assistant professor.
How to pay KSET Fee?
You can play KSET Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/State Bank Buddy e-wallet/Cash at any SBI Branch.
How to log in to the account on KSET website if password is lost?
Candidates simply have to click on the forgot password option and then the password will be reset. Candidates have to fill the details like Date of Birth and other details mentioned while registration.
What to do if the photograph and signature image is not getting uploaded?
The photograph and signature image would not get uploaded if the size of the images is not within the limits. Photograph image should be of 206 X 240 pixels and less than 100 kb. The signature image should be of 206 X 60 pixels and less than 30 kb.
Can a candidate apply from a different email address if the details are incorrectly filled for the first time?
Only one email address and mobile number can be registered with one candidate.