The KSET 2021 Exam has been scheduled to conduct on 25 Jul, 2021. Candidates who want to pursue a career as a respectable professor or a lecturer in one of the prestigious universities of Karnataka can opt for the KSET exam. KSET 2021 is an exam for dynamic teachers who have a passion for teaching.
- Aug 5, 2021: The provisional answer key for KSET 2021 is released. The candidates who took part in the exam can check their responses by comparing them to these answer keys and submit objections, if any, with proof on or before Aug 23, 2021.
- Jul 22, 2021: The admit card for KSET 2021 is released. Candidates must visit KSET Admit Card to know the steps to download now.
- What is KSET?
- KSET 2021 Exam Date
- KSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- KSET 2021 Application Form
- KSET 2021 Application Process
- KSET 2021 Admit Card
- KSET 2021 Exam Centres
- KSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- KSET 2021 Syllabus
- KSET 2021 Result
- KSET 2021 Answer Key
- KSET 2021 Cut-off
- KSET Previous Year Question Paper
- KSET Selection Process
- Contact Details
What is KSET?
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test is conducted by the University of Mysore (recognized as the Nodal Agency from UGC, New Delhi). The KSET 2021 exam is for the post of Lecturer or Assistant Professor. The Test will contain two individual papers, the type of questions in both the papers would be Multiple Choice. The certificate issued by the University for the eligible candidate will have lifetime validity.
Candidates qualified for the KSET exam will be eligible for the post of Lecturers/Assistant Professors of Universities/Colleges/Institutions (Government/Aided/Private) of Karnataka State.
|Full-Form||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Designation Offered||Assistant professor|
|Mode of KSET 2021 Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Papers||Paper I - General Knowledge, Paper-II - Aptitude|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of Questions||Paper-I - 50( 2 marks each Que.), Paper-II - 100( 2mark each Que.)|
|Total Number of Marks||300|
|KSET 2021 Duration||Paper I: 1 hour, Paper-II: 2 hours|
KSET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must regularly check the website for updates on the KSET 2021 exam to not miss out on any events. Given below are tentative dates for The KSET 2021 admit card and result release. The dates will be updated once the official notification is released by the University of Mysore on their official website.
|Release of KSET 2021 Notification||Feb 06, 2021|
|KSET Online Application commencement||Apr 20, 2021|
|Last date for submission of the KSET online application||May 26, 2021 (5 PM)|
|Release of KSET 2021 Admit Card||Jul 22, 2021|
|KSET 2021 Exam Date||Jul 25, 2021|
|KSET 2021 Provisional Answer Key||Aug 5, 2021|
|Objection Window||Aug 5, 2021 - Aug 23, 2021|
|KSET 2021 Final Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of KSET 2021 Result||To be announced|
KSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the KSET 2021 exam. The eligibility criteria for the KSET 2021 exams include educational qualification, age limit, age relaxation as well as reservation, and many more. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have secured at least 55% of marks (For general category) and 50% for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB] in Master's degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by the UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates pursuing their Master's Degree or equivalent course or have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and waiting for results or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the KSET 2021 exam.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC, and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates must appear for the KSET exam in the relevant subject of their post-graduation only. In case the candidates can not find the subject of their post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, then they may appear in the UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates who belong to the OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) category and are from states other than Karnataka shall apply under General Merit (GM) category only.
- Candidates who became eligible in the previous KSETs are not allowed to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate is found eligible for earlier KSET tests and reappearing for the same subject in the current KSET, will lead to cancellation of the candidature, and the previous eligibility will be withdrawn through de-notification.
- Ph.D. degree candidates whose master’s examination had been completed by September 19, 1991, will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in their aggregate score.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply for the KSET 2021.
KSET 2021 Eligibility Exemption
There are some exemptions to the KSET eligibility 2021 that candidates must go through. KSET eligibility remains the minimum eligibility for the recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions of higher education (Govt./Aided/Private) in Karnataka State.
- NET/SET?SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC-NET/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are also exempted from the KSET examination.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held before June 1, 2002, are exempted from appearing in the KSET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from June 1, 2002, onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/Colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
KSET 2021 Application Form
All the details related to the KSET 2021 registration and all the steps involved to fill up the KSET online application form are given below. Candidates should be very cautious while filling in their details in the application form. The very first step in the application process is registration.
Step 1: Registration
The dates given to complete the KSET registration 2021 process on the official website were Apr 20, 2021 and May 26, 2021. The steps involved in the registration process for KSET 2021 are given below. Currently, the registration process has been closed for the current academic year.
- Candidates need to visit the KSET official website.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Tap on the link "Sign Up for Registration."
- Candidates must enter all mandatory personal and educational details such as e-mail ID, mobile number, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, security code, year of passing, graduation details, CGPA/percentage obtained, etc.
- Upload the latest passport size photograph and scanned copy of the signature as prescribed below.
Step 2: Upload Documents
After filling up the registration form, the candidates shall upload their Scanned Photograph keeping in mind the following specifications:
- The size of the photograph must be between 10 to 100 kb in JPEG format.
- The size of the photograph must be between 5 to 30 kb in JPEG format.
Step 3: Registration Fee Payment
The candidates can deposit the registration fee online. The candidates can also pay the KSET 2021 application fee offline. Read below to understand how candidates can pay for KSET 2021 through both modes.
- Online Payment: Payment can be made through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or an e-wallet payment.
- Offline Payment: Payment shall be made to a branch of SBI bank only. The challan can be generated online and paid in cash/cheque ( only SBI) at all the SBI branches PAN India.
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||INR 950/-|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||INR 650/-|
Note: Fee submitted through any other mode like money order/Demand Draft/IPO etc. will not be accepted. The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
KSET 2021 Application Process
The application process is a crucial process candidates need to be very careful while applying for the exam. The step-by-step process to complete the KSET registration is given below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KSET
- On the homepage, candidates should register (sign up for registration) by giving an authentic email ID & providing a unique password of their own choice.
- Candidates should then proceed to give their personal, educational, and KSET exam details. While mentioning their educational qualification, they should also provide their PG course as passed or appearing, as the case may be.
- Payments towards the KSET fee include bank charges, must be deposited to KSET accounts through the official website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India (SBI) branches.
- After two working days from the date of payment, candidates have to log in with their email ID and password for downloading the application form and can take the printout of the three sheets of the application form (hard copy) in A-4 size paper,
- Application Form: The application form is to be submitted to the nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Attendance Slip: The attendance slip is to be submitted to the nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Admission Card: The admission card is to be retained by the candidate
- A hard copy of the application form is to be submitted to the respective Nodal centre along with an e-challan (for cash payment) or receipt generated through online payment, along with attested copies of:
- SSLC Marks Card.
- SC, ST, OBCs (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB), and PWD certificates
- Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination).
- Affix his/her passport size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of the application form and must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with a seal.
- The candidates must submit the hard copy of the application form, along with all other related documents in an A4 size cover, superscribed as [Application for KSET 2021], within the last date for submission to the concerned Nodal Centers. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
- The printout of the admit card should be retained by the candidates for future reference. The admit card must be carried by the candidate to the examination hall on the day of examination without fail, otherwise, the candidate won't be allowed to attend the examination.
- Candidates must note that the admission card will not be issued separately either by the Nodal centres or by the KSET centre.
- Candidates should compulsorily bring a valid Photo ID to the examination centre without fail
KSET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card on the official website of the conducting authority. The admit cards is available only for those candidates who have duly filled and submitted the application form before the last date for submission. Once the application fee payment is complete, the candidates can download the admit card for KSET 2021.
The KSET 2021 admit card was released on Jul 22, 2021. Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the KSET 2021 exam.
How to download the KSET 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow these steps to download the KSET 2021 admit card.
- Visit the official website of the KSET
- On the homepage of the website, click on the KSET admit card link.
- Enter the application number and log in.
- The KSET admit card will display on the screen.
- Candidates can download the admit card and take the printout.
- Candidates shall compulsorily carry the admit card along with the photo identity proof to the examination hall.
Documents and Exam guidelines
Documents required: Candidates must carry a printout of the KSET 2021 admit card with a valid photo identity proof to the exam centre. The photo identity can be Aadhar Card, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, etc.
Exam Guidelines: As per the instructions mentioned on the KSET 2021 admit card, candidates shall be present at the examination hall at 9 AM for the first KSET session and at 1 PM for the second KSET session. No candidates will be allowed to the examination hall/room after 10 AM for the first session and 2 PM for the second session.
KSET 2021 Exam Centres
The KSET 2021 exam shall be conducted in 11 different test centres across Karnataka. Candidates shall choose any one test centre from the given options while filling the KSET 2021 application form. The test centre once selected will be final and cannot be changed by the candidate under any circumstances.
Candidates shall know their KSET 2021 exam centre along with the test centre code while their admit card is generated. The list of test centres with the centre code is given below.
|S. No.||Exam Centre||Centre Code|
Map Representation of KSET Exam Centres
For the exact locations of the KSET Karnataka exam centres, candidates can refer to the map given above. The candidates should check the feasibility of reaching the exam centre from their place of residence before choosing the preferred examination centres in the application form.
KSET 2021 Exam Pattern
The KSET exam pattern is discussed in this section. KSET 2021 exam shall have two papers, comprising 150 multiple choice questions in total. The examination for both papers will be conducted on the same day, and the candidates must be present for both papers. The first paper has to be completed in 1 hour while the candidates get 2 hours to finish and submit the second paper.
Note: KSET is an offline mode examination. Candidates shall mark their answers in the Optical Marks Reader (OMR) sheet provided with the test booklet.
|Session||Paper||Max. Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|First(General Knowledge and Aptitude)||I||100||50||1 hour|
|Second(Subject was chosen by the Candidate)||II||200||100||2 hours|
KSET 2021 Syllabus
Paper I for all those who choose to appear for KSET 2021 is common, i.e., General Knowledge and Aptitude. For the second paper, the students have to select one subject from the list of 39 specialization subjects given below. The choice should be based on the subject that they studied while pursuing their respective PG courses.
|Subject code||Subject||The medium of Question Paper|
|1||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|3||Economics (I)||English & Kannada|
|5||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|6||History||English & Kannada|
|7||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|8||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism and Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English & Kannada|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
KSET 2021 Result
The result for KSET 2021 will be announced after the commencement of the exam, 2021 by the University of Mysore. Candidates can check the same on the official website.
Steps to check the KSET 2021 Result
The candidates should download the KSET results 2021 as they will come in handy during their appointments. Candidates should keep the hard copies of the scorecard to themselves. Below are steps the candidates need to follow to check their results.
- Go to the official website
- Locate the Result tab on the homepage, and click on it.
- Enter your KSET 2021 Roll Number and proceed, by clicking on the ' Search' button.
- Download your result for further reference.
How to download KSET 2021 Result?
Once the candidates have checked their results now, they should download it and keep a copy of it for future references. The step-by-step process to download the KSET 2021 exam results post-declaration is given below.
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka State Eligibility Test - kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "KSET 2021 result" link.
- Candidates will have to enter their KSET 2021 roll number and date of birth.
- After entering the roll number and date of birth, click on the “Search” button.
- The KSET 2021 exam results will display on the screen. Candidates can view and download the results.
- Candidates must take a printout of the result sheet and preserve it for any further references.
KSET 2021 Answer Key
The answer key for the KSET 2021 will be released on its official website after the examination. Candidates can check their answers and reach out to the authorities if they find any discrepancy in them.
Provisional Answer Keys
The KSET 2021 provisional answer keys for all the exam papers will be published on the official website. The candidates who are not satisfied with the KSET 2021 key answers can challenge by submitting an application form by paying a sum of INR 1000 per question (payable in favor of: The Co-ordinator, KSET Center, UOM, Mysore)
If the challenged answer is considered legit, the amount will be refunded back to the candidate. The KSET decision shall be final and has the authority to decide on the answers to key challenges. The result will be declared based on final answer keys which will be updated on the KSET website.
Final Answer Keys
The KSET 2021 final answer keys for all the exam papers are published on the official website after the announcement of the KSET 2021 result. The final answer key is prepared after considering any objections/claims that have been made by any candidate.
KSET 2021 Cut-off
The candidates appearing for the KSET 2021 should know that the exam cut-off will be declared after the results are posted on the website. The cut-off will be published subject-wise on the official website. The cut-off marks or percentage is declared by the coordinator of the KSET centre, University of Mysore. Below mentioned is the cut-off for the year 2018. Candidates can use the below cut-off as the threshold before starting their preparation.
|Category||Minimum Percentage to obtain ( for both Paper 1 and paper 2)|
|General/UR category||40% aggregate of both papers|
|SC/ST/CAT-I/II A/II B/III A/III B/PwD||35% aggregate of both papers|
KSET Previous Year Question Papers
The candidates who have filled up their application forms and are in the process of preparation for the KSET 2021 exams are advised to practice the previous year’s question papers. The previous years’ questions paper will help candidates understand the pattern of the test, how the questions are distributed, and the weightage. Given below are some benefits of solving the previous years’ question papers.
- Previous years’ question papers are good for practicing and candidates can test themselves to know how strongly their concepts are clarified.
- Candidates can solve the previous years’ questions as per the exam time duration to enhance their preparation
- Candidates will be able to understand the weightage of the topics.
- It helps the candidates to plan their studies accordingly.
How to Prepare for KSET 2021
The candidates need to do intensive preparation for the KSET 2021 exam. A well-planned study plan is required when the candidates start their preparation for the exam. The candidates must understand the exam pattern well and go through the previous years’ questions thoroughly to know the types of questions that appear in the test. Below are some tips candidates can follow while preparing for the KSET 2021 exam.
- Read the KSET 2021 syllabus carefully and list down all the topics that need to prepare for the exam.
- Check the exam pattern of the KSET 2021 to become familiar with the exam.
- Candidates can also check the previous years’ cut off creating a threshold for themselves.
- Candidates should download the previous years’ question papers to understand the types of questions in the paper and the weightage of the topics.
- Candidates should categorize subjects/topics as per their weightage from high to low to prepare accordingly.
KSET Selection Process
The candidates aspiring to give the KSET 2021 exam will need to go through the below steps. Candidates can read the steps below to get clarity about the whole process.
Step 1: Filling up the KSET application form.
As the first step, candidates need to fill in the application form. Once the application form is filled, the candidates will require to pay the application fee either in cash or through online mode ( credit/debit card/e-wallet/internet banking). For cash or offline mode payment, candidates should print the online challan and submit it to any branch of SBI Bank across the country.
Step 2: Download the KSET Admit Card
Candidates who have completed the application process and their application has been accepted will now need to download the admit card for the exam once it is posted on the official website.
Step 3: Appear for KSET 2021
Candidates will now have to give the test that will happen offline. The test is comprised of two papers. Both the papers will be conducted on the same day in two shifts. Candidates should follow the instructions given on the admit card sincerely.
Step 4: Check the KSET 2021 Results
The result for KSET 2021 will be released on the official website. The candidate will need to download the result and keep the copies for future reference.
In case of any queries related to the KSET 2021 exam, candidates can contact at the given details below.
Address: Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center
Moulya Bhavan, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006.
Phone: 0821 - 2419202/426
Email ID: [email protected]
What is the eligibility criteria for KSET?
Candidates possessing a Masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks for general candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates are eligible to apply for KSET.
What is the purpose of KSET exam?
KSET Exam is conducted by the University of Mysore to recruit the personnel for the post of lecturer and assistant professor.
How to pay KSET Fee?
You can play KSET Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Internet Banking/State Bank Buddy e-wallet/Cash at any SBI Branch.
How to log in to the account on KSET website if password is lost?
Candidates simply have to click on the forgot password option and then the password will be reset. Candidates have to fill the details like Date of Birth and other details mentioned while registration.
What to do if the photograph and signature image is not getting uploaded?
The photograph and signature image would not get uploaded if the size of the images is not within the limits. Photograph image should be of 206 X 240 pixels and less than 100 kb. The signature image should be of 206 X 60 pixels and less than 30 kb.
Can a candidate apply from a different email address if the details are incorrectly filled for the first time?
Only one email address and mobile number can be registered with one candidate.