If you want to pursue a career as a respectable professor or a lecturer in one of the prestigious universities of Karnataka, you can opt for the KSET exam. KSET 2020 is an exam for dynamic teachers who have the passion to teach and devote their whole lives to shape the youth of India.
- October 5, 2020: The answer key for KSET 2020 is available now. Candidates can submit their objections, if any, until October 19, 2020. The final answer key will be released shortly after that.
- September 22, 2020: The admit card for KSET 2020 is out now. Candidates will be allowed to download the admit cards until September 24, 2020. Those candidates who had downloaded the admit card for the earlier scheduled exams can use the same admit cards to attend the exam being conducted on September 27, 2020. Click here for the direct link.
- The KSET 2020 Exam will be conducted on September 27, 2020 (Sunday).
- What is KSET?
- KSET 2020 Exam Date
- KSET 2020 Notification
- KSET 2020 Eligibility
- KSET 2020 Application Form
- KSET 2020 Application Process
- KSET 2020 Admit Card
- KSET 2020 Exam Centres
- KSET 2020 Exam Pattern
- KSET 2020 Syllabus
- KSET 2020 Result
- Contact Details
What is KSET?
About KSET: The Full Form of KSET is Karnataka State Eligibility Test. KSET Exam is conducted by the University of Mysore, which is recognized as the Nodal Agency from UGC, New Delhi. KSET is conducted for the post of Lectureship or Assistant Professor.
About UGC: The UGC Stands for University Grants Commission of India, a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government under the UGC Act 1956 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, and is charged with coordination, determination, and maintenance of standards of higher education.
Exam Paper: The Test will be conducted in two individual papers, the type of questions in both the papers would be Multiple Choice.
Validity of Certificate: The certificate issued by the University for the eligible candidate will have lifetime validity.
Posts Offered: Candidates who qualified the KSET exam are qualified for the post of Lecturers/Assistant Professors of Universities/Colleges/Institutions, (Government/Aided/Private) of Karnataka State.
KSET Exam Highlights
Some noteworthy highlights related to KSET are tabulated below for your reference.
|KSET 2020 Exam Highlights|
|Exam Name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Acronym||KSET / K SET|
|Conducting Body||University of Mysore|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Designation Offered||Assistant professor|
|Mode of KSET 2020 Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Papers||Paper I - General Knowledge, Paper-II - Aptitude|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of Questions||Paper-I - 50 marks, Paper-II - 100 Marks|
|Total Number of Marks||300|
|KSET 2020 Duration||Paper I: 1 hour, Paper-II: 2 hours|
KSET 2020 Exam Date
Candidates must check the dates of the KSET 2020 exam and not miss out on any important events. The application process should be completed before the deadline so that the candidate can appear for the exam. The KSET 2020 admit card and result declaration dates given below are tentative and will be updated once the official notification is released by the University of Mysore on their official website.
Exam Date: The KSET 2020 exam was conducted successfully on September 27, 2020 as per the latest notification by the University of Mysore. The KSET paper 1 commenced at 9 AM, which was held for 1 hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM). The paper 2 commenced at 11:30 AM, which was held for 2 hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
|Release of KSET 2020 Notification||February 1, 2020|
|KSET Online Application commencement||February 3, 2020|
|Last date for submission of KSET online application||March 6, 2020|
|KSET Application Last date with Late Fee of INR 250/-||June 5, 2020|
|Release of KSET 2020 Admit Card||September 22, 2020|
|KSET 2020 Exam Date||September 27, 2020|
|KSET 2020 Provisional Answer Key||October 5, 2020|
|Last date to submit objections||October 19, 2020|
|Declaration of KSET 2020 Result||To be announced|
KSET 2020 Notification
The notification for KSET 2020 was released by the Mysore University on February 1, 2020. The exam official has announced the new dates for the KSET 2020 examination and it will be conducted on September 27, 2020.
The KSET 2020 was successfully conducted on September 27, 2020 at 11 nodal centres across Karnataka. Out of the 1.6 lakh students who had registered for the KSET exam, around 98% has appeared for the exam.
The KSET 2020 was held without any unforeseen incidents at the exam centres in Bengaluru, Bellary, Belagavi, Davanagere, Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Tumakuru and Vijayapura,
KSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the KSET 2020 exam. The eligibility criteria to appear for the KSET 2020 exam include educational qualification, age limit, age relaxation as well as reservation and many more. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Candidates should have secured at least 55% of marks (For general category) and 50% for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD), OBCs [Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB], in Master's Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by the UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master's Degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their Master's Degree (Final Year) examination and waiting for results or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the KSET 2020 exam.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the KSET, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master's degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates) within two years from the date of KSET result, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates must appear for the KSET exam in the relevant subject of their postgraduation only. In case the candidate does not find the subject of his/her post-graduation in the list of KSET subjects, then the candidate may appear in the UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates who belong to the OBCs (SC, ST & Other Backward Classes) category and are from states other than Karnataka shall apply under General Merit (GM) category only.
- Candidates who became eligible in the previous KSETs are not allowed to apply again in the same subject. If any candidate found to be eligible in previous KSET tests and reappearing on the same subject in current KSET, their candidature will be cancelled and the previous eligibility is withdrawn through de-notification.
- PhD degree candidates whose Master's examination had been completed by September 19, 1991, will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in their aggregate score.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidates to apply for the KSET 2020.
KSET 2020 Application Form
All the details related to the KSET 2020 registration and all the steps involved to successfully fill up the KSET 2020 application form are given below. Candidates are advised to be very cautious while filling their details in the application form. The very first step in the application process is registration.
The dates given to candidates to complete the registration process for KSET 2020 on the official website were between February 3, 2020 to March 6, 2020. There are the steps involved in the registration process for KSET 2020:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KSET.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "Apply Online" link.
- Tap on the link "Sign Up for Registration."
- Candidates must enter all mandatory personal and educational details such as e-mail ID, mobile number, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, security code, year of passing, graduation details, CGPA/percentage obtained etc.
- Upload the latest passport size photo and scanned copy of the signature as prescribed below.
Documents to Upload
Candidates shall upload their Scanned Photograph keeping in mind, the following specifications:
- The size of the photograph must be between 10 to 100 kb in JPEG format.
- The size of the photograph must be between 5 to 30 kb in JPEG format.
The registration fee for the general candidate is INR 1150. For Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD candidates, the fee is INR 650. Candidates will have to pay INR 250 extra as a penalty if they apply later than the given last date, which is March 6, 2020. Candidates are given the option to deposit the registration fee Online. The candidates also have the option to pay their KSET 2020 application fee offline. Read below to understand how payment for KSET 2020 can be made through both the modes.
- Online Payment: Payment can be made through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, or an e-wallet payment.
- Offline Payment: Payment shall be made to a branch of SBI bank only. The challan can be generated online and paid for at any SBI branch.
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||INR 950|
|Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD||INR 650|
KSET 2020 Application Process
Candidates aspiring for the KSET 2020 exam must complete the application form before the deadline. The step by step process to complete the KSET registration is given below.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KSET - www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- On the homepage, candidates should register (sign up for registration) by giving an authentic E-mail ID & providing a unique password of their own choice.
- Candidates should then proceed to give their personal, educational, and KSET exam details. While mentioning their educational qualification, they should also provide their PG course as Passed or Appearing, as the case may be.
- Payments towards KSET fee including bank charges must be deposited to KSET accounts through the KSET website or in any of the nearest State Bank of India (SBI) branch.
- After two working days from the date of payment, candidates have to log in with their email ID and password for downloading the Application Form and can take the printout of the 3 sheets of the application form (hard copy) in A-4 size paper,
- Application Form: The application form is to be submitted to the Nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Attendance Slip: The attendance slip is to be submitted to the Nodal centre chosen by the candidate
- Admission Card: The admission card is to be retained by the candidate
- A hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal centre along with e-challan (for cash payment) or receipt generated through online payment, along with attested copies of:
- SSLC Marks Card.
- SC, ST, OBCs (Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB) and PWD certificates
- Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination).
- Affix his/her passport size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of the application form and must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
- Candidates should compulsorily submit the hard copy of application form, along with all other related documents in an A4 size cover, superscribed as [ Application for KSET 2020], within the last date for submission to the concerned Nodal Centers. Application received after the last date will not be considered.
- The printout of the admit card should be retained by the candidates for future reference. The admit card must be carried by the candidate to the examination hall on the day of examination without fail, otherwise, the candidate won't be allowed to attend the examination.
- Candidates must note that the Admission Card will not be issued separately either by the Nodal centres or by KSET centre.
- Candidates should compulsorily bring the valid Photo ID to the examination centre without fail.
KSET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates shall download the admit card on the official website of the conducting authority. The admit cards will be available only for those candidates who have duly filled and submitted the application form before the last date for submission. Once the application fee payment is done, the candidates are allowed to download the admit card for KSET 2020.
The KSET 2020 admit card was released on the fourth week of September 2020. Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the KSET 2020 exam.
How to download the KSET 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow these steps to download the KSET 2020 admit card.
- Visit the official website of the KSET
- On the homepage of the website, click on the KSET admit card link.
- Enter the Application Number and log in.
- The KSET admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates can download the admit card and take the print out.
- Candidates shall compulsorily carry the admit card along with the photo identity proof to the examination hall.
Documents and Exam guidelines
Documents required: Candidates must carry a printout of the KSET 2020 admit card along with a valid photo identity proof to the exam centre. The photo identity can be Aadhar card, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License etc.
Exam Guidelines: As per the instructions mentioned on the KSET 2020 admit card, candidates shall be present at the examination hall at 9 AM for the first KSET session and at 1 PM for the second KSET session. No candidates will be allowed to the examination hall/room after 10 AM for the first session and 2 PM for the second session.
KSET 2020 Exam Centres
The KSET 2020 exam shall be conducted in 11 different test centres across Karnataka. Candidates shall choose any one test centre from the given options at the time of filling the KSET 2020 application form. The test centre once selected will be final and cannot be changed by the candidate under any circumstances.
Candidates shall know their KSET 2020 exam centre along with the test centre code while their admit card is generated. The list of test centres along with the centre code is given below.
|S. No.||Exam Centre||Centre Code|
Map Representation of KSET 2020 Exam Centres
For the exact locations of the KSET exam centre, candidates can refer to the map given above. Check the feasibility of reaching the exam centre from your place of residence before choosing the preferred examination centres in the application form.
KSET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for KSET 2020 is discussed in this section. KSET 2020 exam shall have 2 papers, comprising of 150 multiple choice questions in total. The examination for both the papers will be conducted on the same day, and the candidates must be present for both the papers. The first paper has to be completed in 1 hour while the candidates get 2 hours to finish and submit the second paper.
Note: KSET is an offline mode examination. Candidates shall mark their answers in the Optical Marks Reader (OMR) sheet provided with the test booklet.
|Session||Paper||Max. Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
(General Knowledge and Aptitude)
(Subject was chosen by the Candidate)
KSET 2020 Syllabus
The Paper I for all those who choose to appear for KSET 2020 is common, i.e., General Knowledge and Aptitude. For the second paper, the students have to select one subject from the list of 39 specialization subjects given below. The choice should be based on the subject that they studied while pursuing their respective PG courses.
|Subject code||Subject||The medium of Question Paper|
|1||Commerce||English & Kannada|
|3||Economics (I)||English & Kannada|
|5||Political Science||English & Kannada|
|6||History||English & Kannada|
|7||Sociology||English & Kannada|
|8||Geography||English & Kannada|
|10||Management (II)||English & Kannada|
|11||Tourism and Administration||English & Kannada|
|12||Education||English & Kannada|
|13||Library & Information Science||English & Kannada|
|14||Mass Communication & Journalism||English & Kannada|
|15||Psychology||English & Kannada|
|16||Social work||English & Kannada|
|17||Criminology||English & Kannada|
|18||Law||English & Kannada|
|20||Physical Education||English & Kannada|
|21||Folk Literature (III)||English & Kannada|
|23||Public Administration||English & Kannada|
|24||Computer Science & Applications||English|
|25||Physical Sciences (IV)||English|
|26||Mathematical Sciences (V)||English|
|27||Chemical Sciences (VI)||English|
|28||Life Sciences (VII)||English|
|32||Earth Sciences (VIII)||English|
|33||Archaeology (IX)||English & Kannada|
|34||Anthropology||English & Kannada|
|36||Philosophy||English & Kannada|
|37||Women Studies (X)||English & Kannada|
|38||Linguistics||English & Kannada|
|39||Performing Arts||English & Kannada|
KSET 2020 Result
The KSET 2020 exam results are expected to be declared in the month on October (tentative) on the official website of the University of Mysore. Since the KSET exam has been postponed to September 27, 2020, candidates can expect their result in October 2020.
Provisional Answer Keys: The KSET 2020 provisional answer keys for all the exam papers will be published on the official website -www.kset.unimysore.ac.in in the month of October 2020. The candidates who are not satisfied with the KSET 2020 key answers can challenge by submitting an application form by paying a sum of INR 1000 per question (payable in favour of The Co-Ordinator, KSET Center, UOM, Mysore)
If the challenged answer is considered legit, the amount will be refunded back to the candidate. The KSET decision shall be final and has the authority to decide on the answer key challenges. The result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys which will be updated on the KSET website.
How to download KSET 2020 Result?
The step by step process to view the KSET 2020 exam results post-declaration are given below.
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka State Eligibility Test - kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
- On the homepage of the website, click on the "KSET 2020 result" link
- Candidates will have to enter their KSET 2020 roll number.
- After entering the roll number, click on the “Search” button
- The KSET 2020 exam results will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can view and download the result.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result sheet and preserve it for any further references.
In case of any queries related to the KSET 2020 exam, candidates can contact at the given details below.
Address: Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) Center
Moulya Bhavan, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006.
Phone: 0821 - 2419202/426
Email ID: [email protected]