Latest Update: The MH SET 2020 exam that was scheduled to be held on June 28, 2020 now stands postponed. This was done by the authorities due to the health concerns posed by the deadly coronavirus. The new dates will be announced soon.
Maharastra State Eligibility Test (MH SET/Maha SET/Unipune SET) is a Eligibility Test conducted to select the Candidates for Assistant Professor Post in the Universities/Colleges of Maharastra and Goa. The MH SET is a state level examination managed through Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. MH SET is conducted in 32 subjects under the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Mental, Moral and Social Sciences; Education and Physical Education. A large number of candidates give this entrance exam every year. To get more information about MH SET 2020, check out the article given below.
- What is MH SET?
- MH SET 2020 Exam Date
- MH SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- MH SET 2020 Application Form
- MH SET 2020 Application Process
- MH SET 2020 Admit Card
- MH SET 2020 Exam Centres
- MH SET 2020 Exam Pattern
- MH SET 2020 Syllabus
- MH SET 2020 Result
- MH SET Contact Information
- Related Exams
What is MH SET?
- Conducting Authority: In accordance and under the Guidelines of University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of Maharastra and Government of Goa has selected the SAVITRIBAI PHULE PUNE UNIVERSITY (University of Pune) as the State Level Agency to conduct MH SET.
- Level: MH SET is a State Level Eligibility Test.
- Frequency: Maharsatra State Eligibility (MH SET) is conducted Once a year.
- Exam Paper: Exam will be conducted as Two individual Papers, Both the papers will have the Objective mode of questions. In Paper I, candidates have to answer 50 questions while in Paper-II, they have to answer 100 questions. MH SET Exam is conducted in 32 subjects under the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Law, Mental, Moral Science, Social Science, Education & Physical Education.
- Recruitment: MH SET is held every year to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Professor.
MH SET 2020 Highlights
The below table displays information regarding MH SET 2020 Highlights.
|Exam Name||Maharastra State Eligibility Test|
|Acronym||MH SET / MAHA SET / Unipune SET|
|SAVITRIBAI PHULE PUNE UNIVERSITY (University of Pune)|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Profession Offered||Assistant Professor|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Papers||Paper I (General and Teaching Aptitude) and Paper-II (Subject Selected by Candidate)|
|Duration||Paper I (1 hour) and Paper-II (2 hours)|
|Marking Scheme||Each Correct answer is awarded 2 marks and no negative marking|
MH SET 2020 Exam Date
- Registration: Candidates can start registering through Official website from January 1, 2020 up to January 29, 2020.
- Admit Card: Candidates who complete the application for MH SET 2020 can download the admit card from the official website on June 18, 2020.
- Examination: MH SET 2020 scheduled to be held on June 28, 2020 is postponed due to COVID- 19 lockdown and new dates will be announced soon.
- Results: MH SET 2020 results are announced on the official website on October 16, 2020 (Tentative).
Candidates are highly advised to go through the below table which displays MH SET 2020 Important Dates. It is very important to keep a note of all the dates so that they do not miss out any important event or examination procedure.
|Start of MH SET 2020 Online Application||January 1, 2020|
|End of MH SET 2020 Online Application||January 29, 2020|
|Last date to Pay MH SET 2020 Registration Fee||January 29, 2020|
|Application Correction Window start date||January 31, 2020|
|Application Correction Window close date||February 6 2020|
|Availability of MH SET 2020 Admit Card||June 18, 2020, August 2020 (expected)|
|MH SET 2020 Exam Date||
June 28, 2020, To be announced
|Announcement of MH SET 2020 Result||October 16, 2020 (tentative)|
|MH SET 2020 Counselling||To be announced|
MH SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applyiong for any examination, candidates need to ensure that they have gone through all the details regarding the Eligibility Criteria of that particular exam. If any applicant do not fulfill the eligibility, then his/her application might get rejected. The MH SET 2020 Eligiblity criteria is designed by the University of Pune. Applicants can check out the MH SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria, which is listed below.
- Candidates shall first go through all the eligibility criteria before they apply for Examination.
- Age: There is No Upper Age Limit set by the Conducting authority for the Candidates to appear for the exam.
- Candidates who hold a UGC recognized Master’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% aggregate marks (without rounding off) and for SC/ST/PH/VH and OBC/SBC/DT/NT belonging candidates with at least 50% aggregate marks in Post Graduation are eligible.
- Final year post-graduation candidates are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and will be awarded the certificate after they pass their master’s exams with minimum percentage required.
- Candidates who hold a postgraduate diploma/ certificate granted by an Indian university or a foreign diploma/ degree/ certificate granted by a foreign university should determine the equivalence of their degree/ diploma/ certificate with master’s degree of recognized Indian universities. Candidates can evaluate this from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
MH SET 2020 Application Form
- Registration: Online Registration opens from January 1, 2020 and the candidates can visit the Official Website to Register up to January 29, 2020.
- Correction Window: For Candidates who completed the registration process within January 29, 2020 can make any changes in the particulars of the application form 22nd February 2020 to 28th February 2020.
- Registration fee: It includes the Application Fee as well as the Processing Fee
- Candidates from the Other States except Maharastra and Goa should be treated under Open Category.
- Registration fee should be paid online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- Fee once Paid is Not Refundable.
- The following table can be refered by the applicants to understand about MH SET 2020 Registration Fee.
|SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders OBC/DT(A)(VJ)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SBC/SEBC (Belonging to Non-Creamy Layer category only)||INR 450|
- Documents Upload: Scanned Photograph and the Signature of Candidate should be uploaded while filling the application form.
- The photograph in Jpg/Jpeg format with a maximum size of 50 Kb.
- The Signature in Jpg/Jpeg formate with the maximum size of 30 Kb.
MH SET 2020 Application Process
- Registration Windows will be opened from January 1, 2020 up to January 29, 2020.
How to register for MH SET 2020 Exam?
The candidates who want to register for the MH SET 2020 Exam should follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website.
- Fill all the required/ asked information in the Application Form like Adhar number etc..,
- Upload the Scanned Copies of Passport Size Photo and Signature of the specified dimensions.
- Make the Online Payment of the Registration Fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking.
- Submit the Application Form.
MH SET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the Admit Card from the official website.
- Admit Card for MH SET 2020 will be made available 10 days prior the exam i.e June 18, 2020.
How to download the MH SET 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates should follow these steps to download the MH SET 2020 Admit Card:
- Visit the Official Website.
- Check for the Admit card download link.
- Enter the Login Details.
- Admit card will be displayed,
- Download the same for future references.
- The details on the Admit Card will be based on the information in the application form.
- Along with the Admit Card, candidates will have to carry a photo identity proof to the examination hall.
MH SET 2020 Exam Centres
- MH SET 2020 exam centres are scheduled in 15 cities.
- The detailed venue about the exam centre will be printed on the Admit Card.
MH SET 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: The examination is conducted Offline Mode in the Pen and Paper Basis, Candidates will answer in the OMR Sheet which is provided along with the Question Paper or the Test Booklet.
- Question Type: The questions will be asked in the Objective Type or Multiple Choice Based.
- Topics: MH SET will be conducted in 2 sessions on the same day,
- Paper I: This paper will test the reasoning ability and the reading comprehension of the candidate with the general teaching aptitude.
- Paper-II: This paper will be based on the subjects selected by the candidate.
- Duration: The examination will be conducted in 2 sessions,
- The first session will be for 1 hour (10.00 am to 11.00 am)
- The second session will be for 2 hours (11.30 am to 1.30 pm)
- Marking Scheme: Paper I has 50 questions and each question carries 2 marks.
- Paper-II has 100 questions and each question carries 2 marks.
- No negative marking.
The following displays details about MH SET 2020 Exam Pattern.
|Session||Paper||Number of Multiple Choice Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||Paper I||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100||1 hour (10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.)|
|Second||Paper-II||100 questions all of which are compulsory||100 x 2= 200||
2 hours (11.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.)
MH SET 2020 Syllabus
- Paper I syllabus is General Aptitude testing, testing Reasoning Skills, Reading Comprehension.
- Paper-II syllabus is about the subject which the candidate chooses, Candidates selects the subject which they studied during their Post Graduation or the related/ equivalent Subject.
To understand MH SET 2020 Syllabus in an easier way, applicants are reccommended to check out the below given table.
|Paper I||General Aptitude, Reasoning, Reading Comprehension|
|Paper-II||Sociology, Political Science, Defence & Strategic Studies, Home Science, Library & Information Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Social Work, Public Administration, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physical Science, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science, Geography, Computer Science & Application, Electronics Science, Forensic Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Education, Physical Education|
- Candidates can check the syllabus of all the subjects of Paper-II in Syllabus Section of the Official Website (setexam.unipune.ac.in).
MH SET 2020 Result
The exam authority will publish the result at the official website. Once the results are announced Candidates can check the results from the Official Website.
How to download the MH SET 2020 Results?
Follow these steps to download the MH SET 2020 Result:
- Visit the Official Website.
- Check for the Results link.
- Click on the Results link, enter the required login details.
- Results will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take the print out of the same for further references.
- Results will be announced on the Official website on October 16, 2020 (Tentative).
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune-411007
Office Phone Nos: 020 25692527, 25601290
Coordinator Phone Nos: 020 25692529
Deputy Registrar Phone Nos: 020 25699250
Email ID: [email protected]