The Indian Institute of Technology has announced the GATE eligibility criteria for the year 2022. According to the authority's announcement, candidates who are still in the final year of their UG degree are eligible for the exam. The GATE eligibility criteria 2022 will be declared along with the release of the application form. Parameters such as age limit, nationality, GATE qualification are mentioned in the GATE exam eligibility criteria, which applicants will have to fulfill in order to appear for the entrance test. Aspirants who do not satisfy the GATE eligibility criteria 2022, will not be allowed to appear for the examination. This is why candidates are highly recommended to analyze and go through the eligibility criteria before they move towards filling the application form.
As per GATE age eligibility 2022, there are no age limits to apply for the exam. Applicants are allowed to appear for the entrance test any number of times. According to the GATE eligibility criteria 2022, candidates who have achieved certification from any of the professional universities must ensure that those exams conducted by the universities are approved by MHRD/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Planning etc. Candidates who have certificates equivalent to B.E/B. Tech degree from any professional universities will also be eligible for examination. To know more about GATE eligibility criteria 2022, make sure to go through the full article.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates are advised to ensure that they satisfy GATE exam eligibility before commencing the application process. The conducting authority has designed the GATE eligibility criteria 2022, in such a way that the eligibility will also vary for different courses candidates are seeking for. To get detailed information about GATE eligibility criteria, applicants can have a look below.
GATE Nationality Eligibility
- Candidates who have Indian nationality can apply for GATE 2022.
- Candidates who have a foreign nationality will be also eligible for the examination.
GATE Age Limit
- As per the GATE exam age limit, there is no minimum or a maximum age limit to appear for the exam.
GATE Exam Qualifications
- As per GATE exam qualifications, candidates who have completed/will complete their UG degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree (M.Sc) in any relevant science subject from a recognized University or institution will be eligible for GATE 2022.
- Applicants who are in their final year of B.Tech or UG courses are also eligible to appear for the examination.
- According to the GATE exam eligibility percentage, there is no minimum percentage in B.Tech or at the undergraduate level required for appearing in the entrance test.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts. Applicants who have appeared for the GATE exam once before can appear for it again.
GATE Course-Wise Eligibility Criteria 2022
To get more details about GATE course-wise eligibility criteria 2022, candidates can refer to the table given below:
|For B.Arch Eligibility||
|For B.Sc.(Research)/ B.S||
|For M.Sc./ M.A./ MCA or equivalent||
|For Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.)||
|For Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||
|For Int. M. Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S.||
|For Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch.)||
Professional Societies/Universities Conducting Examination Equivalent to B.E./B.Tech
Candidates can refer to the below-listed points which display a few professional societies/universities, which conduct the examination in various fields of engineering. Applicants from these universities can also satisfy the GATE eligibility criteria 2022, and appear for the entrance test.
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 for International Candidates
GATE eligibility criteria 2022 for foreign or international candidates who are pursuing their UG degrees are listed below. Have a look at the GATE exam eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled by foreign students to appear in the entrance examination:
- Like the Indian applicants, as per the GATE age limit, there is no minimum or maximum age restrictions for foreign candidates either.
- Candidates who are still pursuing or have passed their degree examination from countries other than India in technology or engineering can apply for the GATE.
- Final year candidates can also satisfy the GATE eligibility criteria 2022.
- Candidates who are undergoing or have obtained a PG degree in any subject related to Science can also fulfill the GATE 2022 eligibility criteria.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 - Documents Required
Candidates who want to appear for the examination will be required to upload some eligibility documents for the GATE 2022 application. Applicants need to ensure that they upload the eligibility certificate for GATE 2022 while filling up the application form. Below listed points need to be followed by the candidates, as they display a few important key points regarding the eligibility certificate for GATE 2022:
- If a candidate has successfully completed one of the qualifying examinations, then he or she has to submit the degree or UG certificate/provisional degree certificate/course completion certificate/membership certificate as issued by the concerned authorities or institutions.
- If an aspirant is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria in 2022 or later, then he or she will have to upload the Provisional Certificate Letter (as issued by the Head of the Institute/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department) or a copy of the marks card for Section A of AMIE, etc.
- All the eligibility certificates for the GATE 2022 application have to be uploaded only while filling the online form. No forms will be entertained if sent through the post.
- Candidates who have backlogs (failed subjects) in any of the subjects in their qualifying exam, need to upload a copy of any of their mark sheets of the final year issued from the institute where they were studying.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST category will need to upload a valid document proof to get a concession in their application fee. Certificates that are issued by the authorized officials will only be considered for concession.
- Dyslexic aspirants will have to submit a certificate stating the same issued by the official authorities in order to get the services from the examination authority.