The students can get the CCMT 2023 important dates for the counselling rounds and special rounds to prepare for admission accordingly. Also, the detailed information on the registration process, login, documents required, fees are explained for students to make it into CCMT.
CCMT is an online admission process with counselling for candidates to secure admission to NITs, IEST, IIITs, and other related colleges. The CCMT full form is Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan. The entire process is now conducted online and is much easier than before. First, look at some of the important dates regarding CCMT 2023. The confirmed schedule is yet to be released.
Table of Content
- CCMT 2023 Dates Seat Allotment Rounds
- CCMT 2023 Special Rounds Dates
- Eligibility Criteria of CCMT 2023
- Admission Process of CCMT 2023
- Login Process for CCMT 2023
- Registration Process of CCMT 2023
- Cutoff of CCMT 2023
- Counselling Process of CCMT 2023
- Registration Fees of CCMT 2023
- Reporting Centres of CCMT 2023
CCMT 2023 Dates Seat Allotment Rounds
The dates mentioned below are for all the major activities during the registration process. The CCMT 2023 counselling dates, CCMT 2023 registration dates, the last date for payment, and lock dates are crucial. Make sure you go through the list before starting your registration. The schedule mentioned below is up to date.
|Online registration||May 23, 2023|
|Fee payment||June 12, 2023|
|Online Choice Locking||June 13, 2023|
|Automatic locking of saved choices||June 13, 2023|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment||June 16, 2023|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||June 16, 2023, to June 20, 2023|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||June 16, 2023|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 1||June 21, 2023|
|Resolution of Issues, If any||June 22, 2023|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment||June 25, 2023|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||June 25, 2023, to June 29, 2023|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||June 25, 2023|
|Online Seat withdrawal and Online Willingness change for Round 2||June 30, 2023|
|Resolution of Issues, If any||July 1, 2023|
|Round 3 Seat Allotment||July 4, 2023|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee||July 4, 2023, to July 7, 2023|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||July 8, 2023|
|Online admission to the Finally Allotted Institute||July 10, 2023|
|Online Withdrawal from the Admitted Institute||July 11, 2023, to July 16, 2023|
CCMT Special Rounds 2023 Dates
The following dates are related to Special rounds, including the availability of vacant seats. Choice locking and seat allotment. Double-check the dates below and keep them in mind while registering.
|Advertisement and availability of Vacant Seats||July 19, 2023|
|Online registration, Payment of Registration Fee
Special Round Participation Fee
Online Choice Filling
|July 19, 2023, to July 21, 2023|
|Online Choice Locking||July 23, 2023|
|Automatic Locking of Saved Choices||July 23, 2023|
|Publication of Special Round -1 Seat Allotment||July 26, 2023|
|Document uploading and specifying Willingness||July 26, 2023, to July 29, 2023|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||July 26, 2023|
|Online Change of Willingness/Withdrawal||August 1, 2023|
|Resolution of issues, if any||July 30, 2023|
|Publication of Special Round - 2 Seat Allotment||August 4, 2023|
|Online Document uploading||August 4, 2023, to August 8, 2023|
|Physical Reporting and Document verification at Allotted Institute||August 10, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria of CCMT
Aspirants hoping to seek admission to an M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan. Course from a reputed institute must fulfil the eligibility requirements of the examination conducting authorities. The eligibility criteria for CCMT are divided into general and special. Information regarding the general eligibility requirements is given below.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score from either 2019/2020/2021
- Candidates must hold a qualifying degree awarded by a recognized institute/university. If the candidate is waiting for results for the qualifying degree, provisional admission will be awarded; the candidate has to produce a certificate from the head of the institute stating the same during document verification.
- Only the primary mode of evaluation (CGPA or percentage) will be considered for eligibility. Conversion of CGPA to percentage or vice-versa is not permitted. If both CGPA and percentage are provided, only CGPA will be considered.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% marks in their qualifying degree for General/GEN-EWS/OBC categories of candidates, whereas candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories will need to have a minimum of 6.0 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or 55% marks in their qualifying degree.
Eligibility Criteria of CCMT Special
Apart from fulfilling the general eligibility criteria for CCMT, students must also meet the requirements laid down by specific institutes for admissions to their M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan. Courses. Failure to meet these requirements at any stage will lead to the disqualification of that candidate from the CCMT admission process. The requirements for different colleges regarding CCMT are as follows.
|Institute Name||M.Tech Course||Special Eligibility Requirements|
|MNIT Jaipur||Chemical Engineering||Candidates must have passed Mathematics as one of the core subjects in Class 12|
|MNNIT Allahabad||All M.Tech Specializations||60% or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying degree (55% or 6 CGPA for Reserved Categories)|
|National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Ranchi||Environmental Engineering, Material Science & Engineering||Candidates with an M.Sc degree and Mathematics as one of the subjects at the UG level are eligible to apply.|
|NIT Agartala||Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering||Candidates must have passed Mathematics as one of the core subjects in Class 12|
||Nanotechnology||Candidates must have a valid GATE score in XE-C (Materials Science) paper|
|All M.Tech Specializations/ M.Plan||The maximum age limit for admission is 50 years|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Candidates applying with an MCA degree must have 60% or 6.5 CGPA in MCA and UG degree (6.0 CGPA or 55% for Reserved Categories)|
|NIT Durgapur||Biotechnology, Environmental Science & Technology||Candidates must have passed Mathematics as one of the core subjects in Class 12|
|NIT Nagaland||All M.Tech Specializations||Candidates with a walking disability are not eligible for admission, as the institute is in a hilly area.|
|NIT Rourkela||All M.Tech specializations||Candidates must have passed Mathematics as one of the core subjects in Class 12Candidates with a Science stream background must have Mathematics at both Class 12 & UG level.|
Admission Process of CCMT
Step by step process for the centralized counselling for CCMT 2023 is described in the below-bulleted points:
- Registration of candidates in online mode followed by choice filling and choice locking.
- Seat allocation in accordance with filled choices.
- Payment of acceptance fees.
- Reporting to the allotted centres after fee payment.
- Then you have to pay the seat confirmation fees and join the institutions allotted finally.
- The last step is to pay the finally selected Institue's balance fee as specified.
Note: The application form for CCMT 2023 is released by June 2023 (tentatively)
Login Process for CCMT 2023
Registration is the first step in the CCMT registration process. The registration process will entail a candidate creating a CCMT Login ID and a password. The CCMT login portal is where candidates can complete their registration process, fill in details regarding their seat and associated college, lock their choices, check their seat allotment results, and perform other activities related to the counselling process.
Steps to create a CCMT Login ID
Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below to create a CCMT login ID and an associated password:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CCMT
- Step 2: Select the registration link on the homepage.
- Step 3: Enter all details related to the name of the candidate, year of appearing for the GATE exam, registration ID, marks obtained in the GATE exam, etc.
- Step 4: Submit all the registration details.
- Step 5: Once submitted, candidates can set a password for their CCMT login ID.
- Step 6: Once the password has been set, a CCMT login ID will be created
Candidates must ensure that they keep the CCMT login credentials safe. Candidates will need their CCMT login credentials at every step of the CCMT registration process.
Uses of CCMT Login 2023
With the help of the CCMT login credentials, candidates can:
- Check the application status for CCMT 2023
- Complete the choice filling for their respective course and institution
- Check their seat allotment in CCMT 2023
- Check their application status in the applied institutions
- Upload all the necessary documents for verification
- Pay the registration fees
Registration Process of CCMT 2023
Candidates must keep their GATE credentials, degree qualifications, and personal data ready while registering for CCMT. The entire process takes place online on the CCMT website. The steps to register are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Click on the link and visit the website for registration
- Step 2: Read through all the details shown on the site
- Step 3: Carefully fill in the details such as GATE, personal data, etc.
- Step 4: Verify your email ID and mobile number using the OTP.
- Step 5: Once done, candidates can proceed to the choice-locking section.
Note: The CCMT registration link is yet to be released on the official website.
Cutoff of CCMT 2023
The candidates can check for the CCMT 2023 cutoff from the table mentioned below. The previous year cutoff for the years 2022 and 2021 are given for historical reference and comparison as to what to expect this academic year.
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|2023||Available Soon||Available Soon||Available Soon|
|2022||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
|2021||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
Counselling Process of CCMT 2023
As mentioned, candidates must register online through the CCMT portal for counselling. After CCMT registration, there will be choice filling and choice locking.
- Online Registration: Candidates must first register online through the official CCMT website. It will be online. Their candidates need to provide important information and fill out the form. A registration fee ( General/OBC: INR 3,000, SC/ST/PwD: INR 2,500) must also be paid.
- Filling And locking of Choice: Registered candidates must fill in their choice before the official deadline through the CCMT 2023 official portal. Candidates need to lock the institution choices in accordance with their GATE score before the deadline.
- Seat Allotment: Allotment of seats will be done considering two criteria: choice filled by the candidates and their respective GATE score. The seat allotment result will also be published in the same place i.e. CCMT login portal. Students must note that CCMT will do three rounds of seat allotment and a special round of counselling. Seats that remain vacant in normal rounds and internal sliding are filled through the special rounds.
- Acceptance Fee: After the seats are allocated, students must pay acceptance fees(General: INR 30,000, SC/ST/PwD: INR 10,000) to confirm their choices. Without payment of fees, allotted seats will be cancelled.
- Physical Reporting: After payment of acceptance fees, reporting to the reporting centre is compulsory for every student.
Document Verification: In the reporting centre, an original copy of all the mandatory documents needs to be produced for physical verification.
Specify Choice Willingness: In the reporting centre, candidates will be asked about their willingness to the allocated seats. They have three options in their hand:
- Floating: Students who wish to be considered in the next round for all of their better-preferred choices and retain the currently allotted seat can select the “Floating” option
- Sliding: Students who wish to be considered in the next round for their better-preferred choices only within the Institute allotted to them have to select the “Sliding” option.
- Freezing: Students who are satisfied with the currently allotted seat and do not want to be considered for allotment of better-preferred choices in the subsequent rounds
CCMT Participating Institutes
CCMT scores are accepted across many top-ranked and reputed institutes in India for admissions to M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan. Courses make it such a popular exam. The most well-known institutes accepting CCMT scores are as follows.
|1||Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology||Jalandhar|
|2||Malaviya National Institute of Technology||Jaipur|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology||Bhopal|
|4||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology||Allahabad|
|5||National Institute of Technology||Agartala|
|6||National Institute of Technology||Calicut|
|7||National Institute of Technology||Durgapur|
|8||National Institute of Technology||Goa|
|9||National Institute of Technology||Meghalaya|
|10||National Institute of Technology||Nagaland|
|11||National Institute of Technology||Patna|
|12||National Institute of Technology||Uttarakhand|
|13||National Institute of Technology||Mizoram|
|14||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology||Surat|
|15||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology||Nagpur|
Registration Fees of CCMT 2023
The table below has all the information for registration fees. You need to make sure the payment is completed and that you have a receipt for the payment. Fees can be paid using Netbanking, Credit/ Debit cards, or an E-challan from any SBI branch.
Fee Structure of CCMT 2023
Candidates can check below the type of fees they need to pay during CCMT. The fee structure must be paid before the given date (mentioned above.) Make sure you double-check the fee and category to which you belong. If applicable, make sure your category certificate is kept ready.
|A non-refundable fee collected for participating in the CCMT-2022 counselling process||INR 2500 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 2000 for SC/ST/PwDSeat Acceptance|
|Allotted Institute's admission fee||INR 30000 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 10000 for SC/ST/PwD|
|Special Round Registration Fee (Non-refundable)||INR 2500 for GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC|
|INR 2000 for SC/ST/PwD|
|Institute fee upon reporting||INR 40000 for GEN/GEN EWS/OBC|
|INR 10000 for SC/ST/PWD category|
|Fee for NSR counselling||INR 42200 for OBC|
|INR 11700 for Reserved Category Candidates|
Documents Required For Registration Into CCMT
The list of documents below needs to be scanned and uploaded by candidates for verification. Make sure you keep all these documents ready before starting the process. It will make it more convenient and more accessible while you run through the application process:
- Date of Birth Proof. (Certificate or Class 10 Mark Sheet)
- Photograph - ID Proof
- 12 Grade Marks Sheet
- Qualifying exam marks sheet (All semesters)
- Degree or Provisional certificate
- Gate scorecard (2019/2020/2021)
- Category Certificate - SC/ST/OBC (In the case of OBC-NCL/ EWS certificates, the candidates must be issued on or after April 1, 2022.
- PWD certificate (If applicable)
Note: The certificates must be in English or Hindi. If they are not, they must be translated and duly certified by the principal or director of a competent authority of the graduating institution. This is mandatory for verifying documents.
CCMT 2023 Registration Stages
CCMT counselling and registration are mainly three stages. The process is easy, but you must be careful when filling out the form. Take a look a the steps below:
Stage 1: Registration and locking your choice
First, you must register online for the counselling and pay the registration fee. Once done, the candidates can choose which program and institution they want to enrol in. The registration form must be printed if it contains the candidate's preferences. Each candidate must sign their form and submit the same while reporting physically.
Stage 2: The second stage takes place in 5 parts. They are as follows:
- Seat Allotment - Based on seat availability, candidates can enrol in the college of their choice.
- Acceptance fee deposit - Once the seat has been chosen, the candidates must physically report and provide proof of payment.
- All required documents, such as the allotment letter, must be provided in person. Other required documents must be uploaded online.
- Online document verification takes place accordingly once the documents are uploaded.
Lastly, the candidates can have three options based on their college -
- Floating - Here, candidates can participate in the CCMT 2nd round allotment to improve their chances in a different college.
- Slide - Candidates can participate in the second round to improve their chances of securing a varied choice within the same Institute.
- Freeze - if a candidate is satisfied with the choice and college, they can lock in their seat.
Once the process is completed, there is an online verification process for documents by the allotted Institute. After completion, an ODCV, or online document verification certificate, is generated. Candidates can produce the same and sign a copy while reporting physically at the Institute.
Stage 3: The Admission Process
- Once the balance payment is made, the candidate can confirm his seat.
- Lastly, the candidate must report physically at the institution immediately after the special round 2.
Reporting Centres of CCMT
Candidates must report to CCMT reporting centres/help centres for document verification. Only those candidates who have qualified for GATE and have been allotted seats after the counselling process has been concluded are called for the document verification process. The examination conducting authorities or institute release the list of centres, and candidates must locate and visit a reporting centre near them for further admission procedures. At the reporting centres, candidates must also select an option to reflect their willingness to participate further in the admission process. The options given to the candidates are:
- Freeze - Candidates who are satisfied with the admission process and seat allotment and do not wish to participate further in the counselling process can choose this option.
- Slide - Candidates who want to upgrade their seats to a more preferred course in the same institute can choose this option. The final decision is dependent on the authorities concerned.
- Float - Candidates who wish to be admitted to a better institute must select this option.
Candidates must also remember to pay Rs.30000 as a seat acceptance fee before arriving at the reporting centre for further admission procedures.
What is NSR Round in CCMT?
The National Spot Round or NSR counselling round applies to the following candidates:
- Those who have not applied for the first three rounds.
- Those who have taken a withdrawal
- Candidates who have not reported to the designated centre
- Candidates with cancelled seats were allotted.
The Fee for NSR counselling is INR 42200 for OBC and INR 11700 for Reserved Category Candidates.
CCMT HelpDesk Information
For any registration assistance or at any step of the process, use the information below to contact the CCMT Helpdesk.
|Mobile Number||Email ID||Website|
|+919166167199/ 0141-2715082||[email protected], [email protected]||ccmt.nic.in|
Contact the Helpdesk on mobile during working hours (Timing: 10:00 AM – 05:30 PM) [Monday to Saturday] for immediate assistance.
POST YOUR COMMENT