Candidates who have cleared the GATE 2021 examination with the minimum required qualifying marks will be eligible to participate in the GATE counselling 2021 process for admissions into the various participating colleges. The IITs will conduct a single centralized GATE counselling 2021 process to admit the candidates who have successfully appeared for the examination. Every institute will have its separate ways of conducting the counselling process. For example, suppose an aspirant wants to secure their spot in any of the Indian Institute of Technologies through the GATE counselling 2021. In that case, the applicants have to register their names for the GATE COAP counselling. For admissions into Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and National Institute of Technology (NITs), the candidates have to register for the GATE CCMT counselling. Several private colleges across the country will conduct their own GATE counselling 2021 processes based on the candidates' scores. To get all the information about GATE 2021 counselling, read the full article below.
GATE Counselling 2021 Important Dates
The GATE counselling will take place in five rounds from May 28, 2021 to June 27, 2021. The first round of the GATE counselling will be held from May 28 to 30, 2021, the second round from June 4 to 6, 2021, the third round from June 11 to 13, 2021, the fourth round from June 18 to 20, 2021 and the fifth from June 25 to 27, 2021. The table given below displays all the information regarding GATE counselling.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|GATE 2021 Exam Dates||Feb 5, 2021 to Feb 7, 2021 and Feb 12, 2021 to Feb 14, 2021|
|Application for admission in M.Tech at IITs through GATE 2021||Mar 2021|
|GATE 2021 Result Date||Mar 22, 2021|
|Availability of GATE 2021 Score Card||Mar 30, 2021|
|GATE CCMT Counselling 2021||To be announced|
|GATE COAP Counselling 2021||May 28 to June 27, 2021|
GATE Counselling 2021 Highlights
The GATE 2021 counselling highlights are listed below:
- The GATE counselling 2021 process will depend on the marks scored by the candidates.
- For successful completion of GATE counselling 2021 process, candidates have to submit all the prescribed documents.
- Candidates who qualify for the cut off will be eligible for GATE counselling 2021
- To complete the GATE 2021 counselling, the candidates will have to fill the registration form and pay the registration fees.
- Admissions into IITs and IISC Bengaluru will be based on the GATE 2021 scores.
Steps to Register for GATE Counselling 2021
Candidates can follow the step by step guide to complete the registration process for GATE counselling 2021.
- Go to the official website.
- Hit the link displaying 'GATE 2021 Counselling'.
- The GATE CCMT counselling 2021 official website will be generated.
- Click on the ‘CCMT 2021: Online registration, Fee payment, and Choice filling’ link, displayed in the current events section.
- Log in with the respective GATE 2021 fees for completing the registration successfully.
- Enter all the details asked by the portal into the empty boxes.
- Pay the GATE counselling 2021 fees for completing the registration successfully.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021
To get all the information regarding the GATE CCMT counselling 2021 centres, candidates have to pay the confirmation fee.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021 Features
The GATE CCMT counselling 2021 features are as follows:
- Candidates are supposed to report to the participating GATE counselling 2021 centres during the seat allotment process.
- At the GATE counselling 2021 centres, they have to pay the confirmation fee.
- Candidates will have to visit any reporting centre for the document verification process.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021 Eligibility
The GATE CCMT counselling 2021 eligibility is as follows:
- Candidates must have a valid GATE 2021 score.
- Applicants must acquire a minimum of 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in the qualifying exam (For General and OBC).
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility is set at a minimum of 6.0 CGPA or 55% marks.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021 Admission Process
Candidates are highly advised to check out the GATE CCMT counselling admission process given below:
There is a pre-allotment process in the GATE CCMT counselling 2021 session which candidates will have to be wary of. The pre-allotment steps are as follows:
- First, the candidates have to register their names on the official portal of CCMT.
- The CCMT registration fee for the general candidates is INR 2,200 and for OC/OB and INR 1,700 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Enter all the correct and valid information asked by the portal during registration.
- Candidates are allowed to change, reorder, delete or add courses or institutes as per their preferences.
The seat allotment process for the GATE CCMT counselling 2021 session is as follows:
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates with respect to their GATE 2021 scores.
- Applicants who have been allotted seats have to pay the seat acceptance fee of INR 2000 through online mode.
- Thereafter, they have to report at any one of the reporting centres on the given date.
- Candidates have to produce the original documents for the document verification process.
Getting Admitted To ‘Allotted Institute’
Once the seats have been allotted, the admission into the respective institutes will be as follows:
- Candidates who have been allotted seats and reported at any reporting centres during any of the three rounds of GATE counselling 2021(i.e. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round), have to pay the ‘Seat Confirmation Fee’ (10,000) on the given date for completing the provisional seat confirmation process.
- The rest of the balance fee with respect to allotted institutes has to be paid to the respective allotted Institute at the time of physical reporting (after the 3rd round of allotment and internal sliding) at the allotted institute.
- The tentative fee of all PIs is displayed on the CCMT website.
GATE CCMT Counselling 2021
Candidates participating in CCMT of GATE counselling 2021 can refer to the table below for all the dates related to the GATE CCMT counselling 2021 process.
|Important GATE COUNSELLING 2021 EVENTS||DATES (TENTATIVE)|
|Online Registration, Fee Payment, and Choice Filling Round||May 2021|
|Online Choice Locking||June 2021|
|Automatic Locking of saved choices||June 2021|
|Round-1 Seat Allotment Publication||July 2021|
Document uploading and Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||July 2021|
|Online Change of Willingness / Withdrawal||July 2021|
|Publication of Round-2 Seat Allotment||July 2021|
Admissions Into IITs Through GATE COAP Counselling 2021
Candidates who aspire to take admission into IITs have to register for the GATE COAP counselling process on the official website. All details regarding the COAP for GATE counselling 2021 are as follows:
- COAP is a common platform where all the participating IITs will be uploading the admission offer letters in the common time window.
- Based on the candidate's GATE scores and applications submitted by the candidate, COAP will offer admission.
- Candidates aspiring to take admissions into M.Tech courses from any of the participating Institutes of COAP and who have a valid GATE score can register at COAP.
- The conducting body will not organize any GATE counselling 2021 program.
GATE COAP Counselling 2021 Schedule
All important dates and schedule with respect to the COAP of GATE counselling 2021 are tabulated below. Candidates are highly advised to check them out so that they do not miss out on any of the important events.
|Important GATE COUNSELLING 2021 rounds||Dates (Tentative)||Available Options: Accept & Freeze||Retain & Wait||Reject & Wait|
|Registration by candidates at COAP||Mar 2021||-||-||-|
|Round 1||Jun 2021||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 2||Jun 2021||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Round 3||Jun 2021||Yes||Yes/ No||Yes|
|Round 4||Jul 2021||Yes||Yes/ No||Yes|
|Round 5||Jul 2021||Yes||No||Yes|
IISC Bengaluru M.Tech Admissions Through GATE
The COAP gives the candidates a common platform through which they can make the most preferred choice for admission into M.Tech courses through GATE in various institutions such as IISc and IITs. The applicants aspiring for M.Tech courses provided by the IISc must take note that the admission offers will be made on COAP itself. They will have to register their names on the COAP website, followed by updating their COAP registration number on the applicant's interface. Below are the details of IISc Bengaluru M.Tech admission through GATE counselling 2021.
- On the basis of the scores and certain eligibility criteria defined by IISc Bengaluru, the admission rounds will take place.
- Candidates who scored a minimum of second class in their respective degrees are eligible to apply for admission in Research Programs (Ph.D./MTech).
- Applicants have to take note that 70% of weightage will be given to the GATE score and 30% of weightage will be given to written test or personal interview.
Documents Required During GATE Counselling 2021
During the time of GATE counselling 2021, candidates have to produce and carry the documents mentioned below at their respective reporting centres,
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet of all the semester
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- GATE admit card
- Valid photo ID
- GATE scorecard
- College leaving certificate issued by the college
- Passport size photograph of the candidate