Mahatama Gandhi University Common Admission Test also referred to as MGU-CAT is a university level examination conducted by the Mahatama Gandhi University, Kottayam. It will be a centralized allotment process, which allows the candidates to get admissions to post-graduate courses offered by the university. The allotment will be strictly based on the options exercised, rank obtained and eligible reservations of the candidates.
The MGU CAT 2021 exam was conducted on Sep 10 and Sep 11, 2021. The results for the same were released on Oct 6, 2021. Earlier, the admit card was released on Aug 1, 2021.
Latest Updates for MGU CAT:
- Oct 6, 2021: The results for MGU CAT 2021 were released today. Candidates who participated in the exam conducted on Sep 10 and Sep 11, 2021, can check their scores by logging in.
- MGU CAT Introduction
- MGU CAT 2021 Latest News
- MGU CAT 2021 Exam Date
- MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility
- MGU CAT 2021 Application Form
- MGU CAT 2021 Admit Card
- MGU CAT 2021 Exam Centres
- MGU CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- MGU CAT 2021 Syllabus
- MGU CAT 2021 Results
- MGU CAT 2021 Counselling
- MGU CAT FAQs
- Contact Information
Introduction to MGU CAT 2021
MGU CAT is also known as Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test. MGU CAT 2021 is conducted by the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. It is conducted for the admissions of Post Graduate academic programmes in the 14 Statutory Teaching Departments and One Inter School Centre of the University for the academic 2021. Admissions to all the programmes except MBA in School of Management and Business Studies (SMBS) are on the basis of Common Admission Test (MGU CAT 2021).
Mahatma Gandhi University Nalgonda is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘B’ grade.
Conducting Authority: Mahatma Gandhi University located in Kottayam, Kerala. It conducts and organizes the MGU CAT 2021 Exam.
Courses offered: Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam offers admissions to those candidates who are aspiring to get admission into Postgraduate Programs like LLM, MA, M.Sc, M.Ed. They are supposed to take up the MGU CAT 2021.
Frequency: The MGU CAT 2021 is conducted only once in a year. It is usually conducted in the month of May. The MGU CAT 2021 Exam will be for two days.
Registration: MGU CAT 2021 aspirants can choose for a maximum of 4 academic programmes offered by the university. Candidates should make sure that they fill the application form of MGU CAT 2021 only once without making any errors.
Candidates can refer to the below table to know more about the MGU CAT 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test|
|Conducted by||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Exam Type||Post Graduation|
|Courses Offered||27 Postgraduation Programmes under LLM, M.Ed., M.Sc., M.A., etc.|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions and Descriptive|
|Marking Scheme||For Every Correct Answer Plus (+) 1 mark|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
MGU CAT 2021 Exam Dates
- Application Form: The candidates could apply for MGU CAT 2021 from May 31, 2021 by visiting the official website i.e. www.mgu.ac.in and www.cat.mgu.ac.in.
- Application form deadline
- The candidates who wish to apply for the undergraduate programs through MGU CAT 2021 had a deadline to complete the application process on Jul 12, 2021.
- For candidates who applied for postgraduate programs, the deadline to submit the duly filled application form was Jul 12, 2021.
- Admit Card: Once the admit cards are released, they were made available on the official website of MGU CAT 2021 on Aug 1, 2021.
- Exam Date: The MGU CAT 2021 exam dates are Sep 10, 2021, and Sep 11, 2021
- Result: The results were announced on the official website on Oct 6, 2021.
- Interview and Counselling: The dates for counselling and interview will be announced later.
To get more information about MGU CAT Dates, please go through MGU CAT 2021 Important Dates section.
MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria is structured by the Mahatama Gandhi University. Candidates must make sure to fulfil all the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021 before proceeding to the MGU CAT 2021 Application form. Applicants can go through the MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria listed below for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in the required field from any recognized board/university with a minimum aggregate of 50% in any discipline.
- Domicile: All the candidates except foreign students are eligible and can apply for MGU CAT 2021. All aspirants can find the details regarding this in the official website of MGU CAT 2021.
- Before filling the MGU CAT application form, the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria and make sure he/she fulfils the criteria.
The eligibility qualifications required for the postgraduate courses in MGU CAT 2021 exam are given below:
- M.Sc Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry), (Organic Chemistry), (Physical Chemistry), (Polymer Chemistry): The candidate must have a B.Sc degree in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as a subsidiary subject. They must have secured at least 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part III.
- M.Sc Physics, Specialization from Astrophysics, Theoretical Physics, Material Science, Applied Electronics: The candidate must have a B.Sc degree in Physics with Mathematics as a subsidiary subject with at least 50% marks or its equivalent CGPA.
- M.Sc Biochemistry, M.Sc Biotechnology, M.Sc Microbiology, M.Sc Biophysics: B.Sc qualification in Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Physics with at least 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part III.
- M.Sc Environment Science and Management: B.Sc degree holder in any of the following subjects: Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Life Science, Environment Science, Environment Management, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Plant or Animal Science, Agriculture, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Forestry or a B.Tech in Civil/Mechanical/Chemical/ Environmental or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks.
- M.Sc Environment Science and Disaster Management: B.Sc degree in any subject with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- M.A. Malayalam: A bachelor’s degree in Malayalam with minimum 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III or a degree in Arts/ Science with minimum 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part II Malayalam to satisfy the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021.
- M.A. English: A bachelor’s degree in English with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part I English to satisfy the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021.
- M.A. Politics and International Relations, M.A. Politics and Human Rights, M.A. Politics (Public Policy & Governance): A bachelor’s degree in Economics/ Politics/History/Law with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III or degree in English/Sociology/Anthropology/Psychology/Geography/Philosophy/ Commerce with minimum 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part III or a science graduate with at least 60% marks in Part III.
- M.A. Gandhian Studies, M.A. Development Studies: A bachelor’s degree in any subject with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III to satisfy the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021 to satisfy the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021.
- M.A. History, M.A. Anthropology: Bachelor’s degree in the faculty of Social Sciences with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- M.Sc. Disability Studies and Rehabilitation Sciences: Bachelor’s degree in Arts with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Part III or any Science degree with a minimum of 50% marks or CGPA of 2 in Part III.
- M.Sc. Psychology: The candidate should be a graduate B.A./B.Sc Psychology with at least 50% marks or CGPA of 2.
- M.Sc. Computer Science: Candidate must have a B.Sc degree in Computer Science/Computer Application/BCA or any other B.Sc degree with Computer Science as the main subject.
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management specialization in 1) Aviation Management, 2) Tour Operations and 3)Health Tourism: The candidate must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in any discipline of the MGU University or any other University recognized by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
- L.L.M: L.L.B. graduates with a minimum percentage of 50% marks.
- M. Ed. In Language Education (English, Malayalam, Hindi, Arabic & Sanskrit), Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Science Education, Commerce Education, IT Education: Must have a B.Ed degree with at least 55% marks or a CGPA of 2.2.
- M.A. Economics: The Candidate must be a bachelor’s degree holder in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics with at least 45% marks or CGPA of 1.8 in Core and Complementary subjects or equivalent degree from an institution approved by Mahatma Gandhi University to satisfy the eligibility criteria for MGU CAT 2021.
Get more information about MGU CAT Eligibility in MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria section.
MGU CAT 2021 Application Form
The MGU CAT 2021 application form was available on the official website from May 31, 2021 to Jul 12, 2021. Candidates need to register themselves with their respective valid email id and contact number. All other required details like educational and personal details should be uploaded by the applicant in the application form.
- Details: The candidates applying for MGU CAT 2021 have to select the group of examination while filling the application form, as per their choice. All students should enter the details such as personal details, qualification details, contact details etc while filling the application form.
- Registration Payment: The payment and application process can be done only online (Credit Card/Debit Card).
- Candidates can apply for 4 courses while applying based on their eligibility, but at the end when selected, they are allowed to choose only one course.
- If an applicant sends an application more than once, the application will be denied as per the rules.
- Candidates are advised to check the MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process.
- Printout: Candidates are requested to keep a printout of the MGU CAT 2021 Application for future reference.
- The application form charge INR 1000 for general candidate.
- The application form charges INR 500 for ST/SC categories.
To know more information about MGU CAT Registration Form, please feel free to visit the MGU CAT 2021 Application Form section.
MGU CAT 2021 Admit Card
Credentials: The MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process contains details like Candidate's name, Exam centre, Date and Venue of MGU CAT 2021 Examination. It is mandatory to take the admit card to the examination hall.
- Documents: It is mandatory to carry the MGU CAT 2021 Admit Card along with a Photo Identity card to the examination hall. Failing which that aspirant will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- The steps to download the MGU CAT #MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process.Admit card are given below:
- Visit the official website of MGU CAT.
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’.
- Provide the required information like registration number, name and date of birth, etc.
- Have hard copies of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
Get more information about the MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process. Hall Ticket/Admit Card in the MGU CAT 2021 Admit Card section.
MGU 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates will get the opportunity to select their exam centre preferences while they are filling the application form. Of the selected preferences, candidates will be assigned only one exam centre.
- Exam Centres: There are four exam centres across Kerala conducting MGU CAT 2021 Exams.
- Preferences: Candidates can choose a maximum of 3 centres according to their preference.
- Candidates can give their preference from the options given below.
Check the MGU CAT 2021 Exam Centres section to get detailed information about MGU CAT Test Centres.
MGU CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of examination: MGU CAT 2021 Exam was an offline (Pen paper-based) Test. Hence, a Candidate had to get accustomed to working in computer/laptops to perform well in the actual MGU CAT 2021 Exam.
- Pattern/Duration: MGU CAT 2021 Exam comprises of Objective and descriptive type questions. The entire duration of the exam will be for 90 minutes. The Paper will be for a total of 200 Marks. For each Correct answer, 4 Marks will be awarded and there is no negative Marking.
- Candidates appearing for the MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process.
- MA Malayalam
- Master of Tourism Management
- MA English
|MGU CAT 2021 Paper Pattern|
|Total Number of Questions||80|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen Paper-based)|
|Medium of Language||English|
|Total Duration||90 Minutes or 1 Hour 30 Minutes|
Get more information about MGU CAT Exam Paper Pattern in the MGU CAT 2021 Exam Pattern section.
MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria before following the MGU CAT 2021 Application Process. Syllabus
- Level: Since MGU CAT 2021 is an entrance exam for Postgraduate exams, the level will be similar to that of qualifying exams (Undergraduate Degree).
- Sections: There are totally 2 sections consisting of objective and descriptive type questions. The MGU CAT 2021 Syllabus depends on the type of courses a candidate has applied for.
|MSc Chemistry||BSc Chemistry syllabus|
|MSc Physics||BSc Physics and Mathematics|
|MSc Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Biophysics||Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry and Physics at BSc level|
|MSc Environment Science and Management||Based on subjects of basic sciences at degree level, General Aptitude and General Awareness on Environmental Sciences|
|MSc Environment Science and Disaster Management||Based on subjects of basic sciences at degree level, General Aptitude and General Awareness on Environmental Sciences|
|MSc Disability Studies and Rehabilitation Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions in an interdisciplinary manner based on the syllabus of the qualifying examination|
|MSc Psychology||Entrance Test will consist of questions in an interdisciplinary manner based on the syllabus of the qualifying examination|
|MSc Computer Science||Questions from Computer Science and Logical Reasoning and Numeral Ability|
To get more information about syllabus, check the MGU CAT 2021 Syllabus section.
MGU CAT 2021 Results
- Availability: The MGU CAT 2021 Results were declared on the official website on Oct 6, 2021.
- Credentials: Each aspirant is required to enter their Enrollment Number and Date of Birth to check his/her MGU CAT 2021 Result.
Steps to download the MGU CAT 2021 Results
- Visit the official website of MGU.
- Click on the MGU CAT Result link.
- Provide the credentials like roll number, the application number, and date of birth in the given space.
- Click on the button ‘Submit’.
- Download the result and take a print out.
To get more information about exam results, please visit the MGU CAT 2021 Results section.
MGU CAT Counselling
- Counselling: Exam qualified students can apply for MGU CAT 2021 Counselling Process after the results are declared.
- Verification: Document verification will be done in the counselling process, on the basis of the merit list, admissions will be done.
- The candidates are supposed to submit the following original documents at the time of counselling:
- TC (Transfer Certificate)
- Birth Certificate
- Mark list of the qualified degree examination
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
Get more information about MGU CAT Admission in MGU CET 2021 Counselling section.
MGU CAT FAQs
1. What are the rules regarding admission to various courses offered by the MG University?
- Those who have completed a course either here or in other universities will not be allowed to join the same course with the same subjects again.
- Students will not be allowed to do two courses at a time either in this University or outside except for certain courses like Diploma/Certificate courses in German, Russian etc.
2. How is the preference given for the vacancies?
Preference will be in the following order:
(i)If candidates are not available, vacancies will be filled in from open quota. Merit should be the criteria
(ii) 20% management quota. Merit not necessary
(iii)10% of community quota. Merit system to be followed
(iv)1% in degree (except Geology) to 3 sections of Physically handicapped, blind, deaf and orthopaedically handicapped with provision for the interchange of seats among them.
(v) Sports: one seat in each Degree Course (interchangeable) one seat for every 20 seats in M.A., M.Sc., M.Com. M.S.W. Courses (also combined).
MGU CAT Contact InformationAddress: Priyadarsini Hills P.O
Kottayam Kerala, India
Pin - 686 560
Phone : +91 0481 6555562