UGC NET certificate validity 2023 for JRF post is 4 years while for the JRF and Assistant Professor/Lectureship position, it is for a lifetime. UGC NET certificates can be downloaded by candidates who qualify for the exam.
UGC NET certificate validity 2023 for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is for the duration of four years. In contrast, for the post of Assistant Professor/Lectureship, the validity is for a lifetime. With the help of the certificate of UGC NET, candidates can apply for various posts like Assistant Professor and JRF.
Those who qualify for the UGC NET exam can download the e-certificate of UGC NET online using their roll number, birth date, captcha code, etc.
Table of Contents
- UGC NET Certificate Validity 2023 Highlights
- What is UGC NET Certificate?
- UGC NET Certificate Validity 2023
- How to Download the UGC NET Certificate?
- How to Get a UGC NET e-Certificate if the Download Fails?
UGC NET Certificate Validity 2023 Highlights
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will administer the UGC NET exam 2023 on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The exam will take place online in several shifts on various days.
Candidates must refer to the table below to get more details on UGC NET exam and UGC NET certificate validity 2023.
|University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)
|National Testing Agency
|180 minutes (no break between this first and the second paper)
|Mode of Exam
|UGC NET Official Website
What is UGC NET Certificate?
The UGC NET certificate is a certificate/award letter that the NTA issues to candidates upon clearing the UGC NET exam. It is a UGC-approved authentic digital document that proves that candidates have passed the NTA NET exam.
In the past, UGC used to publish the UGC NET certificate 7-8 months after the announcement of the results. However, considering the requirement of candidates, the HRD ministry has established a platform wherein students can directly download the UGC NET certificate.
UGC NET Certificate Validity 2023
Candidates can secure the UGC NET certificate after successfully clearing the UGC NET 2023 exam. They can access the e-certificate of UGC NET through the official website. For the posts of JRF and Assistant Professor, the UGC NET certificate validity 2023 is discussed below.
UGC NET JRF Certificate Validity 2023
The UGC NET certificate for the JRF post remains valid for a period of 4 years from the date when the certificate is issued. The validity was three years in the past; however, with a change in the system in 2022, it is extended to 4 years.
UGC NET Certificate Validity 2023 for Assistant Professor
In the case of the Assistant Professor/Lectureship position, the UGC NET certificate has a lifetime validity.
How to Download the UGC NET Certificate?
The candidates can access the e-certificate of UGC NET by following the step-by-step instructions mentioned below.
- Step 1: Candidates must go to the official website of UGC NET.
- Step 2: Then, they must provide their login credentials and sign into their accounts to access the certificate of UGC NET.
- Step 3: Next, candidates need to click on the link to the UGC NET Certificate. Once they click on it, the certificate will appear on their screen.
- Step 4: Lastly, it is important to download the certificate for future reference, as NTA or UGC do not provide any hard copy for the same.
How to Get a UGC NET e-Certificate if the Download Fails?
Candidates who qualify for the UGC NET exam can easily download the UGC NET/JRF certificates. However, if they face any issues while downloading the certificate, they can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, in this case, they must attach the following documents:
- Step 1: UGC NET Admit Card copy and UGC NET scorecard.
- Step 2: PG marks sheet for all semesters and degree.
- Step 3: Certifications indicating the affiliation of the university/degree to AIU/UGC during PG enrolment.
- Step 4: Reserved category certificate (if applicable)
- Step 5: Latest certificate of OBC (NCL) according to NCBC central list (if applicable)
- Step 6: Research Experience certificate issued by an approved authority (if applicable)
- Step 7: Ex-serviceman or actual service certificate, if applicable
UGC NET Certificate 2023: Key Points for Documents
The important points related to UGC NET certificate documents are given below:
- The certificates of the candidates must be duly attested by a gazetted officer. Also, the certificates must have an official stamp, including the name, official address, and designation.
- If any of the certificates are in a language other than English or Hindi, then they must be translated into Hindi/English. Also, it must be attested by the authority who issued the original certificate.
- Candidates must send all the documents in the form of a single PDF only.
- The candidate must address the request mail to Senior Director, NTA Office.
- Make sure to arrange the documents in the same order as provided above.
- The documents that are attached in the mail must be visible easily.