Counselling will start after TISSNET 2021 Results are declared for this year. There will be no counselling or Pre-Interview Test / Personal Interview process for B.A. courses. TISSNET Counselling dates usually occur in the month of March and April. Candidates who have cleared the TISSNET exam cut off can sit for the counselling to get admission into the TISS institutes.
TISSNET Counselling 2021
Personal Interview Test: After the declaration of the TISS 2021 Results, the candidate will be called for the Personal Interview based on his/her score and TISSNET Cutoff also.
Personal Interview Result: After the declaration of the TISSNET Results for the Personal Interview, the candidate will be eligible to take admission.
Admission Call Letter: Candidates selected after the Personal Interview, will receive a TISS call letter for further admission process.
B.A. Courses Selection Process
For candidates applying for B.A courses, the TISSNET website will indicate the date of announcement of the final results and the waitlist. Qualified candidates will be called for original documents verification at the campuses they have applied for. Candidates need to pay fees as prescribed on the day of document verification if offered admission.
- Candidates who are awaiting their final year results should be able to provide an appearance bonafide certificate issued by the Principal/ Vice-Principal of their college stating that they have appeared for all the examinations of Class XII during the Document Verification Process.
- However, the final mark sheet or TISSNET scorecard needs to be submitted at the time of verification of all documents. No extension of joining dates is entertained; classes will begin from July 2021.
PIT Weightage of TISSNET 2021 Exam - M.A. Courses
The marks distribution is mentioned here as per rounds of interviews in the counselling process. The stages of counselling involve a Written-test, Pre-Interview Test or Group Discussion round and Personal Interview.
|Chronology of Events||Weightage|
|National Common Written Test||100 marks|
|Pre-Interview Test (PIT) / GD||50 marks|
|Personal Interview||75 marks|
How is TISSNET Merit List Prepared?
The merit list is prepared based on the weightage of marks given to each stage, as tabulated above. The criteria of merit for Reserved Category and General Category candidates are the same.
The list will be prepared purely based on merit and the preferences indicated at the time of filling the TISSNET Application Form. (Therefore, kindly indicate your preferences carefully in the TISSNET form as it has implications for the merit list)
TISSNET Results – Tie Breaker
When a tie exists between two candidates in the TISSNET admission process, the following steps are followed (based on certain standards):
- At first, the PI marks of the candidates will be compared.
- In case PI marks of both the candidates are equal, then PIT marks will be compared.
- If the PIT marks are also equal, then the TISSNET exam entrance score of both the candidates will be taken into consideration.
- Again, if the entrance scores come equal, then the candidate older in age will be given preference over the one younger.
Rules for Preparation of TISSNET Wait-list
- Candidates who get admission into a program of their first preference after TISSNET entrance, will not be on the wait-lists for any other program mentioned in their list of preferences.
- If a candidate gets admission into any program (which is their second preference), then he/she will only be retained in the waitlist of the first preference. A candidate who gets admission into any program (which is their third preference) will be retained in the waitlist of their first and second preference in TISSNET
- Candidates, who got admitted in a program lower in their order of preferences, will be retained in the wait-list of a preference higher in the order, till the seats in that program are filled.
- In case, the candidate qualifies in two programs at the same time, when the waitlist is activated, the higher preference will prevail. The Institute will offer admission only in the higher preference course in TISSNET.
- When a candidate who has already taken admission in a program as per the first merit list is subsequently offered a higher preference when the waitlist is activated. That is he/she will be automatically moved into the program of higher preference and will be informed.
TISSNET 2021 Participating Institutes
TISS Mumbai, TISS Hyderabad, TISS Tuljhapur, TISS Guwahati
TISS Mumbai Campus
- TISS Mumbai campus has 2 campuses namely- Main Campus and Malti & Jal A.D. Naoroji Campus.
- Both of these campuses are located in Deonar in the North-East Section of Greater Mumbai.
- The Main Campus houses most of the Schools, Centres, and the Administration.
- TISS has 11 schools offering various specializations
TISS Tuljapur Campus
- This campus was established with a vision of establishing a unique and prominent campus for developing and applying knowledge in the field of social sciences and social work.
- It was first started with a TISSNET for Bachelor Degree Programme in Social work in the year 2004. However, in 2010, it started a new program in Social work in the specialization of rural development. In the academic session 2012-13, a 5-year integrated course in social sciences was introduced followed by PG Diploma in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene.
- In the year 2014-15, 3 more new courses namely M.A/M.Sc. in Development Policy, Planning, and Practice, M.A./M.Sc. in sustainable livelihoods & Natural Resources Governance, M.A. in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship were inducted.
- Additionally, Integrated M.Phil/Ph.D. and Direct Ph.D. were introduced via TISSNET.
TISS Hyderabad Campus
- TISS Hyderabad was developed with a vision of achieving a global standard in high-quality education, research which will help in building a peaceful and secure society.
- The Hyderabad Campus of TISS is an off-campus set up to strengthen social sciences Education from new states in India. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission aka, UGC.
- Currently, it has 2 campuses - one in TSIPRD Campus, Rajendra Nagar and another one in Roda Mistry College of Social work, Gachibowli.
TISS Guwahati Campus
- TISS North Eastern campus was established in Guwahati in 2010.
- Guwahati campus covers 8 states namely Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Sikkim, and Tripura.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is one of the ancient institutes in India. To complete a Bachelor's or Master's program from TISS is indeed a pride for any student.
Hence, preparing for an exam like TISSNET proves worthy of the time and energy of the aspirant.