Overview of TISSNET Exam pattern
Aspirants can check the TISSNET Exam Pattern on the official website. Candidates who have cleared the exam are admitted to various Bachelor, Master's or Doctoral level programs offered by TISS. Aspirants should be strong in Numerical and Analytical ability. Candidates must adapt themselves to solving complex questions.
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2020
It is imperative to have good knowledge about TISSNET Syllabus to understand the topics under which questions are asked. Question paper of the TISSNET 2020 exam will have the topics related to General Knowledge, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency.
Exam Duration of TISSNET 2020 exam is 1 hour 40 minutes i.e. 100 minutes. A Total of 100 multiple choice questions has to be answered in 100 minutes. For every correct answer, the candidate will be given 1 mark. There are no negative marks for wrong answers.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Pattern Elements||Details|
|TISSNET 2020 Exam Mode||Online|
|Number of Questions in TISSNET 2020
||100 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Sections in TISSNET 2020
|TISSNET 2020 Time Duration
||1 hour 40 minutes|
|TISSNET 2020 Question Sections
||General Knowledge, Analytical Ability, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency|
|Negative Marking in TISSNET 2020||No Negative Marking Scheme|
TISSNET exam pattern is designed in such a way that the General Knowledge section takes a major part. The number of analytical questions and verbal questions are equally divided. So, a typical TISSNET exam question paper has 40 General Knowledge questions, 30 Analytical and 30 verbal questions.
TISSNET Model and Marks for B.A. programs
The entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration and the total marks will be 100.
Part A - will be a 60-minute test with multiple choice questions on current affairs, social awareness, logical and analytical reasoning, carrying 60 marks.
Part B - will be a written test with a set of descriptive questions in English. A Candidate is expected to write two short answers in 30 minutes carrying 40 marks. The candidates must attempt both the parts and make sure that they qualify in both the modes.
TISSNET 2020 Paper Pattern - Section Based
This section of the TISSNET question paper is framed to judge the ability of the candidate in usage and understanding of the English language. English Proficiency section comprises of 30 sections.
- Candidates having a good grammatical knowledge can score well in this section.
- Candidates must know the proper usage of words and sentence formation to crack this section.
- Passages will be given along with questions as a part of reading comprehension.
- Also, a part of this section is framed to check a candidate’s knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, one-word answer.
- Aspirant's vocabulary must be strong. Reading the newspaper daily can help candidates to increase their vocabulary.
- Above all, a prospective candidate is expected to be good at the fundamentals of English grammar.
Mathematics & Logical Reasoning
The analytical and numerical ability of TISSNET 2020 exam candidates will be tested in this section. 30 questions will be asked in this section.
- Most of the questions asked to involve basic mathematical concepts like prime numbers, composite numbers, square roots, etc.
- This section can be a little tricky but the questions remain easy to attempt.
- Practising basic mathematics questions daily will help one score high in this section.
40 questions will be asked from this section in TISSNET. A candidate must be a habitual reader of newspapers to score well in this section.
- Moreover, using the current affairs and General Knowledge books published by renowned companies will help.
- Someone good at general knowledge will not face any problem in answering questions from this section.
TISSNET 2020 Subject-wise Question Pattern
|Sections in TISSNET Exam Paper||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Awareness of General & Social Issues||40||40|
|Analytical and Numerical Ability||30||30|
The TISS exam authorities will notify regarding the exam pattern every year on the official website.