These are some references of books to read and practice for. These below-mentioned books are good for Vocabulary, Grammar, Reasoning, Logic, Numeric Aptitude. These books are also helpful in other competitive exams.
TISSNET Reference Books 2020
The table below shows the important books for TISSNET 2020 exam that a candidate can refer to. TISSNET Syllabus shares a common syllabus with other management entrance exams. Hence, a student preparing for TISSNET 2020 exam can take other management exams for other reputed colleges.
|Book Name||Publications/ Author||Cover Page|
|How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|How to Prepare for Logical Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|How to prepare for Verbal Ability||Arun Sharma&Upadhyay|
|How to prepare for Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
Along with the above-listed books, an aspirant of TISSNET can use some other book to forge their basics. The usage of books written by different authors gives the aspirant a better command over the subjects. Among these are:
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Agarwal
- A Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency - Arihant Publications
- Proficiency in Reading Comprehension, Simplifying the process for you. By Ajay Singh.
- Objective English by Hari Mohan Prasad is extremely useful for the students and prescribed by previous year TISSNET exam candidates.
Awareness of General and Social Issues
- For History, Geography and Science read NCERT from 8 to 12 standards.
- For Economics: Pratiyogita Darpan Special Economics Issue. This also includes international organizations. It includes various government schemes.
- Indian Polity refers to "Indian Polity" by M Laxmikanth. This is the Bible of Indian Polity. It must be bought by every candidate. One supplementary book which you have to refer is The Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi. There are two books of PM Bakshi. Buy the smaller one.
- For current affairs in TISSNET, the newspaper is the best source. Also, you can use any current affairs magazine like Chronicle Civil Services or Wizard or Pratiyogita Darpan. But the best source still remains as the newspaper. Also, read consolidated current affairs in magazines such as Mahendra’s publication.
- For social Issues refer to Social Issues and Institutions by Wizard Publication.
Suggested Reading Materials - Newspapers & Magazines for TISSNET
- The above suggested reading material proves immensely useful for a candidate only if he/she reads them consistently. News articles and information are constantly changing so a student has to be updated with them. Reading magazines widens the horizon of the TISSNET exam aspirant's general knowledge.
- Above all, magazines and newspapers cover a range of issues and are not confined to a particular domain or issue. This helps in maximizing the candidate's score in the TISSNET 2020 exam.
- Finally, one has to keep in mind that the GK section is the largest section, hence candidates have to prioritize GK in the TISSNET exam preparation.