There are varied courses available under TISS. Therefore, candidates get the option of choosing their preferred course. However, for admissions, candidates need to qualify for the TISSNET. The detailed TISSNET selection process is discussed in this article.
While aspiring to pursue a master's, there are a plethora of courses that multiple colleges and universities offer. Most of them conduct national-level entrance exams. One such exam is TISSNET. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts TISSNET (Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test). TISSNET usually takes place around the first quarter of every year. However, the exam was cancelled this year because of the pandemic. Nevertheless, the TISSNET selection process is carried out on the performance of the entrance exam.
Moreover, candidates must meet the minimum cut-off to qualify for the selection process. The conducting institute publishes the final merit list. In addition, candidates need to qualify for each selection round to secure a seat. We will broadly discuss the TISSNET selection procedure through this article.
TISSNET Selection Process
The TISS selection procedure happens methodically. There are three steps involved in the TISSNET selection process. First comes the entrance test; next comes the TISS PAT(Program Aptitude Test)/ TISS MAT (Management Aptitude Test). And finally, Online Assessment (O.A.) and Online Personal Interview (OPI) round.
Weightage of TISSNET Selection Procedure
The TISS selection process is conducted in a specified format. Therefore, each step has its weightage. Candidates are chosen based on their achievements in the individual round.
|TISS PAT/ TISS MAT||40%|
|Online Personal Interview (OPI)||30%|
Stage 1: The first stage is to qualify for the TISSNET MAT and TISSNET PAT exam. For scoring good marks, candidates need to be thorough with the exam syllabus and pattern. Candidates from the unreserved category need to score a minimum of 45%. Candidates from reserved category candidates 35% to get to the next stage of the TISSNET selection process.
Stage 2: The candidates who qualify for the first stage can further participate in the second stage of TISSNET. It is held according to the availability of seats and the qualifying marks.
- TISS PAT(Program Aptitude Test): A program aptitude test held for various courses except for IRM and ODCL. The total time allotted for this test is 40 minutes. Moreover, 0.25 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer.
- TISS MAT (Management Aptitude Test): This test is explicitly arranged for TISSNET HR & Labour Relations (HRM & L.R.) and MA ODCL (Organisation Development, Change and Leadership) of Mumbai Campus. Moreover, candidates need to attempt 50 questions in 45 minutes.
Stage 3: The candidates shortlisted from the previous two stages are invited for the Online Personal Interview, also known as OPI. Further, the board of members discusses academic achievements, personal goals, and work experience.
Important Documents for TISSNET Selection Process
The candidates who have qualified for the complete TISSNET selection process need to submit the mentioned below documents for the admission process. These documents are further sent to the organising authority for verification. The temporary admission is turned into admission in either of the TISS campuses. However, candidates will go through a pre-medical check-up before admissions.
- Admission letter issued by TISSNET.
- Original mark sheets of class X and XII boards exam.
- Original mark sheet of Bachelor's degree.
- Scanned copies of the fees (paid) challan.
- TISSNET Scorecard.
- Caste and Income certificate for SC/ST candidates
- Passport size recent photographs
Tie-Breaker for TISSNET Selection Process
Generally, when the scores or the performance in the OPI round narrows down to the tie situation, the tie-breaker for the TISSNET selection process is adopted. Herein there are some pre-decided selection criteria already mentioned for situations like this.
- If the final score of candidates comes to a level, the better performance in the OPI round is acknowledged.
- For instance, if the scores of the OPI round of two candidates are in a tie situation, the scores of TISS MAT or TISS PAT are considered. The candidate with the higher score is offered the seat.
- In situations where the TISS MAT or TISS PET scores are also at a level, the performance in the admission test is considered.
- If the tie situation persists, then the candidate older in age is provided admission.
Once the TISSNET selection procedure is complete, the candidates receive the acceptance letter. The candidates are required to attend the counselling session on the mentioned date and time. Moreover, if any candidate fails to appear for the counselling process, their candidature is cancelled.
Here are a few more guidelines for TISSNET counselling:
- Candidates have to carry the acceptance letter and submit it while appearing for the counselling process.
- For verification, candidates are advised to carry all the necessary documents, such as mentioned above.
- If a candidate is already enrolled in another college, they have to drop their name from that specific college. Only after the candidates produce the documents of cancellation of name, they need to present the necessary documents and appear for TISSNET counselling.
TISS Courses and Seat Matrix
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) courses and seat matrix varies for each institute. Additionally, it offers more than 50 courses through its various campuses. The campuses are located in Mumbai, Chennai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
|Campus Location||Courses||Seat Availability|
|MA in Applied Psychology||
The TISSNET selection procedure is conducted to ensure that the candidates get admission purely on their merit. The selection process bridges the gap, and only the candidates performing well in the selection rounds get a seat. The TISSNET MBA selection process is the same as TISSNET HR and labour relations selection process. Therefore, aspiring candidates must arrive for the entrance exam; on qualifying all three stages; their candidature will move towards the counselling process.
Moreover, the seats are limited for the TISSNET courses. Each institute has specified courses and a seat matrix. Selected candidates are offered seats in any of the campuses as mentioned above.