Get admission into Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) with help of GAT 2020. Various undergraduate programs are offered through this exam. Generally, this exam is an online-based exam with 100 questions that are to be answered in 120 minutes. Want to know more about the exam? Read the complete article to check all detail regarding exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card, etc.
GITAM 2020 Registrations Started
- What is GITAM GAT?
- GAT Exam Dates
- Who can apply for GAT?
- GAT Syllabus
- GAT Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for GAT?
- How to fill Application Form of GITAM?
- GAT Exam Centres
- GAT Admit Card
- GAT 2020 Results
- GAT Counselling
- GAT Cutoff & Selection Process
- GAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is GITAM GAT?
GITAM GAT is an online entrance examination for UG and PG courses conducted by GITAM University. Full name of GITAM is Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) which is a deemed University declared under area 3 of UGC Act, 1956. It received its first deemed university status in the year 2007 in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It was founded in year 1980.
GITAM university conduct test for undergraduate programs offered at its three campuses namely GITAM Hyderabad, GITAM Vishakapatnam, GITAM Bangalore and Nineteen Institutes with Infinite Prospects. It offers quality distance education facilities to talented students. Academic UG and PG courses under the university are AICTE approved.
Aim: It is established with an ambition to impart futuristic and comprehensive education of global standards with a high sense of discipline and social relevance in a serene and invigorating environment to candidates.
Candidates who are willing to apply for this exam should go through detailed information as mentioned in below table format.
|Exam Name||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management Admission Test|
|Conducting body||Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management|
|Courses offered||123 programs offered including UG and PG courses in Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy.|
|Types of Question||100 Objective MCQ's (3 sections)|
GAT Exam Dates
Conducting authority release exam schedule on the official website of GAT. Make sure to make a note of all exam dates so that you wouldn't miss out on any of important events.
- Application Form: Application Form can be filled by candidates from November 22, 2019 to its end date on March 30, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit card can be obtained from official website of GITAM GAT (www.gitam.edu) from April 5, 2020.
List of events involving in GAT exam are mentioned in table below. Exam Dates for GAT 2020 provided below are tentative.
|Application Form Start Date||November 22, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||March 30, 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||April 5, 2020|
|GAT 2020 Exam||April 10, 2020|
|Release of GAT 2020 Results||April 29, 2020|
|Counselling Date||May 16, 2020|
Who can apply for GAT?
Conducting authority has set some criteria for taking GAT exam. Make sure that you clear GAT 2020 Eligibility before applying for exam.
- Under-Graduate Courses: Candidates need to have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 60% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics).
- Post-Graduate Courses: To get admitted in a postgraduate course, aggregate should be a minimum of 60% in bachelor degree.
- Age Limit: Maximum age for any candidate to apply for the exam is 21 years.
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
|B.Tech||Aspiring candidates must possess a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and first-class or equivalent grade in this qualifying exam.|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||Must possess a minimum 60% average marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry, and first-class or equivalent grade in GAT exam.|
|B.Pharmacy||Candidates should have 50% in qualifying exam with Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.|
|B.Arch||Candidate needs to have 50% aggregate marks in qualifying exam with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and he/she also shall qualify in NATA/JEE (Main).|
|M.Tech||Candidates must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PGT) 2020.|
|M.Pharmacy||Students willing to get admitted in this course must have passed B.Pharmancy from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PGP) 2020.|
Each course has a different syllabus in GAT. So, make sure to go through whole syllabus so that you wouldn't miss out on any of the topics.
- B.Tech: Topics for B.Tech comprises of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- M.Tech: Topics for M.Tech GITAM are Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability.
GAT 2020 Syllabus is given in detail in the following table.
|Sets, Relations, and Functions||Units and Dimensions||Atomic structure||Group 17 elements (vii group elements)||Diversity in the living world|
|Mathematical Induction||Elements of vectors||Nuclear Chemistry||Transition elements||External morphology|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Work-power-energy||Chemical Bonding||Coordination compounds||Internal Morphology|
|Quadratic equations & Theory of equations||Centre of mass||Classification of elements and periodicity of properties||General principles of metallurgy||Cell Biology|
|Theory of equations||Rotatory motion||Hydrogen and its Compounds||Principles of qualitative analysis||Plant Taxonomy|
|Binomial theorem and its simple applications||Surface tension||Alkali and alkaline earth metals||Organic chemistry||Reproduction|
|Sequences and Series||Fluid mechanics||States of matter: gases and liquids||Hydrocarbons||Microbiology|
|Permutations & Combinations||Thermal properties of matter||Chemical thermodynamics.||Aromatic hydrocarbons||Human welfare|
|Matrices and Determinants||Kinetic theory of gases||Ionic equilibrium||Alcohols, phenols and others||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Vector algebra||Simple harmonic motion||Chemical equilibrium||Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids||Plant Physiology|
|Three-dimensional geometry||Wave motion||Solid state||Organic compounds containing nitrogen||Animal Classification|
|Properties of triangles||Ray Optics and Optical Instruments||Surface chemistry||Practical organic chemistry||Structural Organisation in Animals|
|Complex numbers||Wave Optics||Chemical kinetics||Biomolecules||Human Physiology-Digestive and Respiratory systems|
|Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability (LCD)||Electrostatics and capacitors||Electrochemistry||Carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, vitamins & nucleic acids||Human Physiology-Circulatory and Excretory Systems|
|Applications of derivatives||Current electricity||Group 13 elements||Chemistry in everyday life||Human Physiology–Locomotion & Movement and Neuro-Endocrine System|
|Indefinite Integration||CR circuits (DC Only)||Group 14 elements||Environmental chemistry||Human Physiology – Reproduction|
|Applications of integrals||Electromagnetic induction and ac circuits||Group 18 elements (zero group elements)||-||Genetics|
|Coordinate geometry||Dual nature of matter and radiation||Group 15 elements (v a group elements)||-||Human Health and Diseases|
|Straight lines||Atoms and Nuclei||Group 16 elements (vi group elements)||-||Ecology and Environment|
|Parabola, ellipse, hyperbola and polar coordinates||Semiconductor devices and Communication systems||-||-||-|
|Probabilities, random variables & distributions and statistics||-||-||-||-|
GAT Exam Pattern
Candidates should have an understanding of exam pattern to do well in this exam. GAT exam is conducted online with a total of 100 MCQ based questions will need to be answered within a stipulated period of 2 hours and it comprises of 3 sections and marking scheme involves correct answer will be awarded four marks and negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer.
For B.Tech and M.Tech courses, three marks will be awarded for correct answer and the questions will be based on Logical Reasoning (30 questions), Verbal Ability (30 Questions), and Quantitive Aptitude (40 marks).
Section Subjects Questions Marks
Learn more about GAT Exam Pattern.
How to Prepare for GAT?
Preparation for any entrance exam especially GAT can always be a gigantic burden to deal with, but it all just depends upon the way you view it and how you approach it. Having strong determination will be enough to crack any exam. So first thing you should be doing is setting up a goal to crack this exam.
When I mean setting up your goal, it means that you should go all out and be ready to face all of the consequences coming your way. Build up your persistence so that you would not be compelled to not give up halfway through your effort. Now, if you have determination to face this exam, you need to find various ways to approach the exam which can be suitable for you. Given below are some of tips that you can follow.
- Preparation of a Timetable
You need to start your exam preparation by creating a proper timetable that provides you with a disciplined structure to prepare for this exam. If the schedule is good enough you can follow it over complete preparation period and score a good score.
Divide whole syllabus into equal parts and distribute it into each session of schedule. In this way, you will be covering entire syllabus. During these study sessions, try to avoid as many outside distractions and concentrate solely on preparing for the exam.
One important thing to remember is you need to give enough and meaningful breaks in between these study sessions so that you will feel refreshed and resume preparation with increased enthusiasm.
- Time Management
During examination, you will be facing with the problem of insufficient time for going through all questions. This is most prominent problem that arises from improper management of time. In GAT you need to answer 100 questions in a total span of 2 hours from three sections. So, during stages of preparation, try to find out which of three sections are much easier for you to answer and which ones take more time for you to solve.
This way during actual exam, you could make sure to answer easier sections at beginning and transfer extra time onto tougher sections. When you are answering sections, answer them as accurately as possible so that you wouldn't be looking back at them in doubt and waste more time. This speed and accuracy can only be developed with help of extensive practicing of previous year questions from whichever source you find.
- Evaluate and Improve Yourself
Simultaneously to your preparation you need to evaluate yourself by solving various practice questions and sample papers periodically. This is only way you could know how much you have prepared for exam and how much is still there to be prepared.
When you test yourself you will also come to know which are your stronger areas and which areas need more preparation. Thus accordingly you can change your preparation schedule to improve areas you are struggling with.
How to fill Application Form of GITAM?
Application form for GAT test can be filled in both online and offline mode.
Steps to fill the form online are mentioned as below:-
- Step1:-First click on website of GAT
- Step2:-Then try to access link "GITAM GAT 2020 application form".
- Step3:-After accessing select details of course from drop-down page.
- Step4:-Upload scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Step5:-Then you need to pay 1000 INR through credit/debit card for boys and 600 INR for girls.
Detailed description of Form filling in Online mode
Step1: Details to be filled in Application Form
In this section, candidates need to fill up all personal information which includes date of birth, father's name, mother's name, educational qualification, and others. Apart from this before submitting application form and proceeding towards payment option they can modify information.
Step2: Photograph specification
Passport size photograph is only acceptable and regarding uploading, it should not be 3 months old and it should have a light background. Image must be in colored and it should be in jpeg format.
Step3: Payment of Application Fee
Application fee in online mode should be paid through credit/debit card. After paying application fee candidates should download application receipt for future references
Offline mode fill up procedure:-
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to take a plain sheet of paper where you have to write a letter to the director of admission requesting to receive a copy of application form at your address. Then you need to attach a DD of INR 150/- along with letter and after that, you need to send it to the office of admission director, Vishakhapatnam.
- Step 2: Then in application form details of name, address, phone number, etc need to be filled up and after filling you need to attach a DD of INR1000 payable to Gitam University, Vishakhapatnam for male candidates and INR 600 for female candidates.
- Step 3: Applications can be purchased from some branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank across India.
Address for processing application in offline mode is mentioned as below:-
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management,
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530 045
Andhra Pradesh, India.
GAT Exam Centres
GITAM GAT 2020 exam will be conducted across 50 cities in India of which candidates can choose only 3 cities for this exam. Candidates must carry any of the following Government ID i.e, Aadhar card, passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, or Driving License. Aspirants cannot change exam centre once it has been allotted.
|Bengaluru (GITAM campus)||Kadapa|
|Hyderabad (Saifabad)||New Delhi|
Learn more about GAT Exam Centres.
GAT Admit Card
Admit card is most important document that a candidate should have with himself when taking any exam. Without this, an applicant will not be allowed to take part in any exam. Below points highlight the necessary information that an admit card should contain.
- Credentials: Admit card of GITAM GAT 2020 contains candidate's relevant details with necessary guidelines.
- Details on Admit Card: Important details such as Candidates personal details such as application number, exam center, date of birth, photograph of candidate, signature, and name of exam and time should be mentioned in admit card.
How to Download GAT Admit Card?
A step by step process for downloading GAT 2020 Admit Card is given below:
- Step 1: Log on to official website of GITAM University.
- Step 2: Go to login page.
- Step 3: Enter Application number/ email ID and Date of Birth.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Login’.
- Step 5: Admit card will appear in a separate window. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
GAT 2020 Results
Declaration of results for GITAM GAT 2020 will be on April 29, 2020 on the official website. Date of Birth and Enrollment Number to be entered by candidate to check GITAM GAT 2020 Results.
How to check GAT Results?
Follow the steps given below to access your GAT 2020 Result:
- Step 1: Log on to official website.
- Step 2: Click on ‘About Us’ and select option of ‘Counselling for admission’.
- Step 3: Choose ‘GAT Result’ link and GITAM GAT UGTP 2020 result page will open.
- Step 4: Fill in hall ticket number and date of birth. Then, click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 5: Result will appear in the form of a scorecard. Download it and print it out for further admission rounds.
Counselling is one important factor in which the eligible candidates get placed after scoring the cutoff marks required for any exam. Qualified students of GITAM GAT 2020 can apply for respective counseling process which will commence from May 16, 2020. The steps involved in counseling procedure is given as below:
- Procedure: Based on merit list of candidates admission process will be done. Selected candidates will be invited for both document verification as well as seat allotment for GITAM GAT 2020 Counselling.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: Students who are first rank holders of central and all state board exams are offered direct admission into University. They are to be expected to meet with all of eligibility criteria set forth by GITAM.
- Document Verification: Counseling procedure needs an individual to submit some certificates for verification. They are:
- GAT 2020 Counselling letter
- 10th and 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate
- Medical Certificate from Civil Surgeon (for PwD Candidates)
- Integrated Community Certificate (for SC/ ST Category)
GAT Cutoff & Selection Process
GAT Cutoff marks are decided by conducting authority. Each course has different cutoff and to be eligible to get admitted in GITAM campus students have to meet criteria.
Applicants who will meet the eligibility criteria set by conducting authority of GITAM will be invited to attend counselling process and they will be allowed to select a course in which they are willing to get admitted.
Q. What are test scores that are accepted by GITAM University?
Ans. GIM provides admission to candidates based on CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/GOT (GIM ONLINE Test) scores for MBA/MHRM/MBA (CMU) and UGAT/GAT/GOT for BBM/IMBA aspirants.
Q. How does admission process takes place in GITAM?
Ans. Candidates with a valid GITAM GAT 2020 score have chances to obtain admission in GITAM University. Admission process is based on the rank list prepared by university. Candidates who have obtained first place in central or state board examination, then he/she will be eligible to get admission directly.
Q. Where can a candidate obtain an application form?
Ans. A candidate can obtain application form from official website of university from November 22, 2019. Offline application form will be issued in designated centers like 1) GIM, GITAM Campus, Vizag, 2) CDL, GITAM, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and 3) GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad. This can also be obtained by sending a request letter.
Q. Does University follow quota reservation?
Ans. Yes, university follows quota reservations as stated by the central government.
Q. What is achievement of the university in placements?
Ans. All eligible candidates are placed in reputed companies. Maximum salary package provided in placement is about 18 lakhs.
Q. What is the age limit set as a criterion to obtain admission?
Ans. There is no age limit set as criteria for candidates to obtain admission.
Q. Does GITAM help candidate to obtain loans?
Ans. Candidates can obtain educational loans from a nationalized bank. Necessary documents will be issued by the university.
Q. Is distance education programs available in the university?
Ans. Distance education programs are offered by university. Admissions are based on rank obtained in State level entrance exam conducted by GITAM.