IIM Admission criteria 2023 are based on factors such as CAT results, Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI), Composite score and final selection.
IIM admission criteria are also known as the admission/selection process for candidates for various programs offered by the Indian Institute of Management. The entrance exam for IIMs is CAT, for IIMs admissions the considered CAT good score is anything between 198 to 180.
The IIMs are management education and research institutes under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India. They primarily offer graduate, doctoral, and executive programmes and additional courses in the area of business administration.
Table of Contents:
- IIM Admissions Basic Parameters
- Changes in Admission Policy
- CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- CAT Result 2023
- Steps and Selection Process
IIM Admissions Basic Parameters
IIM admissions selection process is divided into 3 main steps
- Shortlisting candidates based on CAT score
- Screening candidates for WAT/GD-PI
- Calculation of composite score and final selection
Read More: IIMs Courses Eligibility after 12th
Apart from the above mentioned 3 main steps, there are a few basic parameters for the IIM admission selection process given below in the table
|IIM Admission Parameter
|Total percentile score achieved on the CAT exam
|Score on the CAT
|The total percentage achieved in a degree program of three years or its equivalent.
|The total percentage of students who passed Class 12 or an equivalent exam.
|Class 12 Score
|The total percentage of students who passed Class 10 or an equivalent exam
|Class 10 Score
|WAT/GD-PI Each candidate's performance on the WAT/GD-PI is evaluated and appropriate marks are assigned
|Candidates with backgrounds other than engineering receive extra points to ensure that students from other streams are represented fairly. On each campus, the points for academic diversity vary
|Diversity by Gender
|The IIMs award extra points to female and transgender candidates to ensure that each gender is represented fairly. Each campus awards different points for gender diversity.
Read More: IIM Fees for MBA
Current IIM Admission Criteria Policy
Due to this year's Covid 19 pandemic situation, there are two major changes to IIM approval:
- Many IIMs canceled GD and WAT rounds and do PI rounds only online before students submit their final admission offers.
- All IIM-IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, including Top IIM, can have both online and offline classes in the academic year 2023-25.
Read More: Online MBA from IIMs
|Name of the College
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2023
The candidates for admission to IIM Ahmedabad's PGP batch 2023-25 will be selected in two steps.
- A candidate who has a valid CAT 2022 score, who has applied to the program, and who meets the other eligibility criteria for the program is shortlisted for WAT and PI.
- Based on their composite score, additional candidates will be shortlisted for WAT and PI in stage 2 after being shortlisted in stage 1 from each category.
Read More: IIM Ahmedabad Admission
IIM Bangalore Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Bangalore admits students based on CAT scores and various other factors. There are five stages in the selection process:
- Online application for PGP admissions at IIM Bangalore
- WAT and PI
- Final selection according to the parameters
- Admission to the PGP program on a provisional basis
- Reporting for PGP admission
Read More: Why MBA from IIM is so Special?
The CAT score is given maximum weight during the final selection round for IIM Bangalore admission criteria. For each of the three sections of the CAT, the candidate must have obtained a sectional percentile of 80
- QA (Quantitative Aptitude)
- DILR (Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning)
- VRC (Verbal and Reading Comprehension)
Candidates belonging to the general category were required to score at least 95 per cent in CAT. If the candidate does not meet the minimum percentile requirement in the CAT, they will not be considered shortlisted for the final selection phase.
Read More: IIM Bangalore Admission
IIM Calcutta Admission Criteria 2023
IIMC has revised its admission criteria for 2023 for a two-year full-time MBA (PGP) program.
There are three steps involved in the selection of candidates for admission to the PGP batch 2023-25 at IIM Calcutta:
- Cutoffs for PI and WAT based on minimum CAT percentiles
- Shortlisting for WAT and PI.
- Final Selection Criteria for MBA Program
Read More: IIM Calcutta Admission
IIM Lucknow Admission Criteria 2023
According to their CAT 2023 score, academic performance, and other factors, shortlisted candidates will be evaluated. IIM Lucknow admissions are based on CAT 2022 scores and personal interviews. In addition, IIM Lucknow will contact shortlisted candidates for WAT-PI. The steps for IIML admission are as follows:
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the WAT-PI online form by the deadline before being shortlisted for the WAT-PI stage.
- Final selection will take place in stage two, in which the score for PGP program selection for batch 2023-25 will be calculated using assigned weightage.
Read More: IIM Lucknow Admission
IIM Indore Admission Criteria 2023
For IIM Indore admission, provisional shortlists will be announced about the third week in January 2024. The IIM Indore admission criteria are divided into three phases, namely:
- The eligibility criteria.
- PI candidates are shortlisted.
- Merit lists are prepared based on criteria.
The WAT round and PI round will be conducted at IIM Indore campus.
Read More: IIM Indore Admission
IIM Rohtak Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Rohtak will not participate in this year's CAP and instead conduct its selection process. The IIM Rohtak PGP result can be obtained by entering the candidate's application number and date of birth.
The candidates whose CAT 2023 scores get shortlisted will have to attend IIM Rohtak's selection process. PGP admission at IIM Rohtak 2023 will be offered in the following five stages:
- Online registration for IIM Rohtak's PGP programs 2023-25
- Attend online Personal Interviews (PI)
- Publication of the final selection list based on CAT, PI, and diversity scores
- Proposed admission offers for the PGP class of 2023-25
- Reporting to join the Post Graduate Programme (PGP)
Read More: IIM Rohtak Admission
IIM Kozhikode Admission Criteria 2023
This year's IIM Kozhikode admission criteria will include weightage for academic achievement and gender diversity but no weightage for bachelor's degree marks, as it did last year. IIM Kozhikode conducts a three-phase selection process for admission to its 2023-25 batch
- CAT score is used to determine minimum eligibility.
- PI & WAT shortlisting
- Selection of applicants
Read More: IIM Kozhikode Admission
IIM Ranchi Admission Criteria 2023
Students will be admitted to the IIM Ranchi based on their performance in the CAT 2022, Written Ability Test (WAT), Personal Interview (PI), and their profile. The steps involved in the IIM Ranchi admission process are:
- Shortlisting for WAT-PI begins based on the CAT minimum percentile.
- IIM Ranchi will make admission offers based on a merit list upon completing the WAT and PI processes.
- Preparation of the Consolidated Merit List (CML) based on the CAT and profile scores.
Read More: IIM Ranchi Admission
IIM Udaipur Admission Criteria 2023
The CAT score/percentile is the most important factor for admission to IIM Udaipur.
- Those who meet the minimum eligibility criteria, i.e., CAT percentile overall and sectional, are shortlisted for the PI.
- The final merit list is compiled based on the CAT score, performance in the PI, and profile.
Read More: IIM Udaipur Admission
IIM Raipur Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Raipur will aim to increase the proportion of women enrolled in the PGP 2023-25 batch by giving 8 points more weight to the final selection, as was done last year. IIM Raipur gives 35% weightage to CAT 2023 in the final selection.
IIM Raipur has a three-phase selection process for admission to the 2023-25 batch:
- An eligibility criterion that includes CAT 2022 percentiles
- WAT and PI selection criteria
- Final admission selection criteria
Read More: IIM Raipur Admission
IIM Visakhapatnam Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Visakhapatnam increased the academic profile's weight to 50% last year. Candidates will be evaluated based on their academic qualifications, CAT scores, gender diversity, and work experience.
IIM Vizag's three-step selection process for admission to the 2023-25 batch
- Pre-shortlisting criteria based on CAT 2022
- Criteria for WAT & PI shortlisting
- Final selection
Read More: IIM Visakhapatnam Admission
IIM Nagpur Admission Criteria 2023
Candidates shortlisted for PGP admission 2023 will be notified online by IIM Nagpur. The admission process at IIM Nagpur for the batch of 2022-24 will follow the following steps:
- Candidates will be screened first according to CAT cutoffs.
- All such candidates will be invited to fill out a detailed application form within a stipulated date.
- To prepare the second shortlist, we will consider only candidates who have completed the application form.
- PI's second shortlist will be based on Comprehensive Score (CS) and announced around the first week of April.
- The shortlisted candidates in Stage 2 will be asked to confirm whether they wish to attend the IIM Nagpur PI in the first/second week of April.
- PI sessions will be scheduled only for candidates who confirm at this stage.
- Candidates whose PI scores are acceptable will be considered for the Final Score (FS) stage.
- Based on their FS, admission offers will be sent to the candidates.
Read More: IIM Nagpur Admission
IIM Jammu Admission Criteria 2023
There are three steps in the admission procedure at IIM Jammu. First, IIM Jammu considers various factors in the final selection, including academic profile, work experience, diversity, etc. Admission to the academic year 2023-25 at IIM Jammu includes three phases:
- Shortlisting process based on CAT 2022 percentiles
- An (EOI) will be required to progress to the next phase
- Final selection based on merit lists
Read More: IIM Jammu Admission
IIM Sirmaur Admission Criteria 2023
IIM Sirmaur offers admission to candidates who meet the criteria as per the stages. Admissions to the IIM Sirmaur are based on CAT 2022 scores, the personal presence process, and the grading of the various components.
The admission process to IIM Sirmaur for 2023-25 will take place in two phases.
- Selection of candidates for the Personal Presence Process (WAT & PI)
- Final merit list preparation
Read More: IIM Sirmaur Admission
IIM Trichy Admission Criteria 2023
There is a 50% weightage given to the CAT score in the final selection, and other factors also play a significant role. Female candidates also receive a 5% weightage in the gender diversity category. The IIM Trichy admission process includes three factors:
- Selection for Personal Appearance (PA)
- WAT and PI rounds
- Final admission offers
Read More: IIM Trichy Admission
IIM Sambalpur Admission Criteria 2023
Three stages make up the IIM Sambalpur admission criteria. Here is a detailed guide to IIM Sambalpur admission:
- Score from the CAT 2022 exam
- Shortlisting candidates for Personal Appearance (PA)
- Written Analysis (WA) and Personal Interviews (PI)
- Formulation of the Final Selection List
Read More: IIM Sambalpur Admission
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
Graduation is the minimum requirement for taking the CAT exam. Learn more about CAT eligibility below.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum grade point average of 50% from a recognized institution
- A professional degree requiring a specific percentage
- Students who have just finished their bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification, or are awaiting results, may also apply for the CAT exam
Read More: CAT Eligibility
CAT Result 2023
The CAT Exam results got released on Dec 21, 2023. By using their login ID and username, candidates can download their CAT scorecard 2023. Only online CAT results are available.
Following the announcement of the results, CAT cutoffs will be used to shortlist IIM candidates. The following details are mentioned in the CAT scorecard:
- Registration Number
- Sectional Scores
- Overall Score
Read More: CAT Results 2023
IIM Admission Criteria 2023: Steps and Selection Process
There are three stages to the IIM admissions process. Below is a breakdown of the three stages:
- Selection of candidates based on results of the CAT exam
- Selection of candidates for WAT/GD-PI
- Final selection based on the composite score
Read More: How to Get in an IIM?
Following is a list of eight critical criteria and their definitions:
- CAT Score
- Class 10 Score
- Class 12 Score
- Graduation Score
- Online PI
- Academic Diversity (Extra points are awarded to candidates with non-engineering backgrounds to ensure that all students are represented fairly. This varies by campus)
- Gender Diversity (Women and transgender candidates receive extra points at the IIMs to encourage fair representation of both genders. These points vary from campus to campus)
- Work Experience (Students with work experience receive up to five points extra. This is based on a range from lowest to highest. Work experience points vary by campus)
Read More: Total Seats in IIMs