The college provide a ground for the functioning of a number of Clubs, Committes and Interest groups. There are currently 11 Clubs and 10 Committes.
- CUSP - Cultural and Sports Club : CUSP- The Cultural and Sports Club of IIM Raipur, is one of the most happening clubs in the campus. Cultural programs and Sports is one of the best ways to relieve the stress caused by the academic rigour, and that is exactly what we do. Be it festivals, cultural nights, DJ nights or battling it out for supremacy in sports, we make sure the students are active at all time.
- Consulting and Entrepreneurship Club : The Consulting and Entrepreneurship club at IIM Raipur is a student run initiative which strives to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship and provide expertise in business management to corporate. The Club stands for: • To provide students exposure to the consulting industry and provide them opportunities to work on short term projects with Corporates. • To create a forum of information exchange among students and the industry. • To promote students initiative in business and to motivate them through interactive sessions with successful entrepreneurs. Another focus area is to stimulate the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the students by providing a platform for interaction with luminaries in this area and also resources to help them pursue with their goal.
- OPEP - Operations and Supply Chain Club : OPEP – Operations and Supply Chain Club of IIM Raipur endeavours to facilitate sharing of knowledge on fields related to Supply Chain Management through guest lectures, articles, newsletters, field visits, live projects, quizzes, case studies, simulation game etc.
- Kartavya : KARTAVYA is a club of enthusiastic students of IIM Raipur which strives to inculcate value of societal development among the students and endeavours to take initiatives to fulfil their responsibility towards society. KARTAVYA members take keen interest in serving for such social purposes by undertaking various CSR initiatives such as Blood Donation Camp, Orphanage Visits, Art & Craft events, Tree plantation drive, Cloth donation, Eye donation registration camp, free eye check-up camp etc.
- Quizzing Club : The purpose of Quizzing club is to provide the students a valuable insight into non-academic aspects of business. So that the students will get an opportunity to mould their career towards a higher level by keeping abreast of latest activities around the world. Apart from this, the Quizzing club has been trying to inculcate a quizzing culture in and around Raipur by conducting various events like QOTD(Daily Quiz), Weekly Quizzes, CSLQ(State level Quiz) and pan-India online quizzes. For this consistent effort our club has attracted many accolades from different industry bodies and institutions.
- PROvakta - Public Speaking Club : PROvakta is the Public Speaking Club of IIM Raipur. Formed with the vision of generating the best of public speakers from IIM Raipur, it provides a platform to the students of the institute to polish their public speaking skills with a pinch of fun and frolic. Regular sessions like extempore, debate, group discussions, spin a story, just a minute and others ensure that the participants get a variety of scenarios to challenge themselves with and learn the art of speaking and facing the audience in every possible situation. The focus is not just on practice but on focused practice with feedbacks from fellows. We believe that public speaking is an art that everyone can learn and keeps on learning all his life. We are just a medium to facilitate this learning process.
- PIXEL - Digital Media Club : Pixel- strives to foster the spirit of photography, video making and other digital arts in IIM Raipur. It is designed to undertake the activities to promote and support the interests of budding photographers, video makers, poster/banner designers and other creative artists in digital field. Also Pixel team covers all the events held at IIM Raipur, since its inception Pixel has covered 40 plus event and so far have captured more than 15,000 pictures in just 8 months.
- Academic Committee : • Teacher's Day Celebration- It was conducted & organised by the academic committee members on 5th September 2014. The event was a resounding success. • Establishment Day- The institute was established on 11th October 2010. The institute celebrated its 5th Establishment Day on 11th October 2014 with lot of fervour & enthusiasm. • National Unity Day- 31st October 2014 was celebrated as National Unity day in remembrance of the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel. There was a panel discussion about our duty towards our motherland and how we can make our country unified and prosperous as envisioned by Sardar Patel. • National Education Day- 11th November 2014 was celebrated as National Education Day , in remembrance of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who was responsible for establishment of various premier educational institutes in the early years after independence.
- Alumni Committee IIM RAIPUR : • Alumni Meet- Alumni Committee organises alumni meet to facilitate the reunion of the alumni. Alumni from all the batches come together to bond with the institute and relive their old memories. The meet spans across the whole day including various interactive sessions and fun filled activities. • Alumni Interaction Sessions- Knowledge sessions are organised, where our alumni come and share their experiences about their work and industry. This imparts the practical knowledge to the students and helps in relating whatever we are studying to the real corporate scenario. • Aluminati- Newsletter- The newsletter contains the highlights of all the activities happening in our college. • Mentorship Program- Our alumni mentor the second year students and help them in grooming them further. This prepares them for the final placements as well.
- Hostel and Mess Committee : Discipline of resident students • Maintenance and development of the Hostel facilities (e.g. geysers, washing machines etc.) • Security issues • Any other issues faced by students pertaining to hostel and mess. The committee is also in charge of the all tasks related to logistics and accommodation for any intra college event.• Arranging for special menu for all the festivals like Eid, Diwali, etc. throughout the year. • Panipuri Challenge:-We organised a Panipuri eating challenge which saw great participation from the batch and was fun for both participants and audience.
- International Relations Committee : • International Student Exchange Programme- IIM Raipur conducts Student Exchange Programmes with various universities across the globe such as France, Germany, Greece, Thailand, Mexico, Korea, Australia and New Zealand. Also, we have recently signed MoU’s with New Castle University, Australia and University of Wellington, New Zealand. • Ice Breaker Session for International Students- During the fifth and sixth trimesters of academic year 2013-15, we hosted four exchange students from IESEG, France. This gave us an opportunity to learn about their culture and give them a glimpse of ours. • Farewell- The exchange students were treated with a farewell lunch where they interacted with the faculty and students. During the lunch, they shared their enriching experiences about the college and the country as a whole. • International Students Day- IIM Raipur commemorated the International Students’ Day by conducting a panel discussion on ‘Shikshit Bharat, Saksham Bharat’. This event is celebrated in universities all over the world to showcase the noble deeds carried out for the community and for the society at large.
- IT Committee : • Management & Maintenance of IT Infrastructure Server, Wi-Fi – Access points & Routers, Simulation Lab, Institute owned PCs & Laptops, Printers/ Photocopiers etc. • Maintaining “iimraipur.ac.in” E-mail domain. Creating and maintaining email ids, group ids and access rights. Maintenance of IIM Raipur’s website. • Providing and monitoring uninterrupted internet service. • Securing the access and maintenance of Firewall. Suggesting and procuring additional software and simulation applications. • Accountability of proper usage of internet services. Student managed printer services. Maintaining a common database for students.
- Media and Public Relations Committee IIM RAIPUR : Guest Lecture and Industry Interaction- The committee covers all the guest lectures and industry interaction sessions conducted by eminent industry stalwarts and other such major events happening around the campus .They are widely covered and publicised in coordination with the print and electronic media throughout the academic year. • Major Events and International Conferences- The mega events of the previous academic year have been the two international conferences namely HR Summit and GSMC 2015 followed by the business festival Equinox 5.0. These events were not only covered extensively on the social media including blog posts, Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn, but also in the leading national newspapers of the country. Press conferences were also held as pre-conference events to cover them on a wider scale. • Club Activities and Articles by Students- There are press releases in print media and updates on social media about campus buzz, blood donation camps, students’ achievements and other philanthropic activities on a regular basis. The Committee plays an instrumental role in building the presence of the students of IIM Raipur in the media. IIM Raipur students regularly voice their opinion on contemporary topic in the leading newspapers and MBA websites.
- Placement Committee• Darshwana (Women Leadership Confluence)- This event is organised to pay a tribute to the spirit of womanhood and the undying power of humility, selflessness and sacrifice. Darshwana focuses on the journey of the eminent Women leaders who grace the occasion. • HR Summit- A two day event, the HR Summit has participation from the top brass of the corporate. The event consists of panel discussions from the industry experts and gives the students a wonderful opportunity to interact with them closely. • Summer & Final Placements- The team’s hard work paid off well and this year saw a stupendous placement both for summers as well as for finals. Some of the most sought after brands recruited from the campus offering profiles across the domains of marketing, finance, operations and HR. • Guest Lecture Series- At IIM Raipur academics is not only about classroom lectures but getting insights from industry experts on the concurrent issues prevalent in the corporate. Guest lectures hence form an integral part of the IIM Raipur academic culture. The eminent speakers who visited the campus added immense value in building the students’ personality.
This list continues..!!
Other Main Events Conducted by IIM Raipur.
- Equinox - Flagship Event of IIM Raipur, It is an annual Business Cum Cultural Fest which happens over a 4 day span
- HR Summit & International Conference
- Global Summit on Management Cases