The candidates before applying for the AP ICET 2020 Exam has to check whether they are falling under the eligibility criteria as mentioned by the examination authority. Once the application form is filled even if you are not falling under the eligibility criteria then the amount is not refunded and also you will not be provided admission. Only the eligible candidates will be provided with the admit card.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The conditions or requirements of eligibility criteria are given in the below article for the convenience of the student.
Domicile: The candidate must be an Indian Nationals. He/she must satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh State Educational Institutions.
Non-Indians: The candidates other than Indian Nationals should satisfy the eligibility criteria of the Universities concerned.
Educational Qualification: If the qualifying Degree is obtained in a Distance Mode Program, then it must be recognized by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE, and DEC.
Graduating Candidates: Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply provided their results will be announced before the counselling process.
Admission: Admission into any college depends on its Recognition/Affiliation by the Statutory Bodies.
Age Limit: Candidate should note that there is no age limit for the AP ICET exam.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2020 Highlights
As per the eligibility criteria mentioned in the official brochure, a candidate must satisfy the following criteria to be able to apply for AP ICET 2020.
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidates must have obtained a bachelor's degree from any of the disciplines or fields.
- The degree should be of a minimum of three (3) years from any recognized university or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class 10th standard.
- Candidates should have at least obtained 50% marks at the graduation level.
- However, in the case of candidate belonging to the SC/ ST/ Reserved category, they can avail relaxation of 5%, i.e. score a minimum of 45% at graduation level.
- The qualifying degree or the graduation degree if obtained through distance mode should be recognition by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- Final year students of graduation, and or, are appearing for the final year examination are eligible to appear for AP ICET 2020 as well.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for AP ICET 2020 exam.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2020 for MBA and MCA:
AP ICET 2020 MBA: Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree Examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC, ST reserved categories) in the qualifying examination to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by AP ICET.
|Category||Graduation Qualifying marks|
AP ICET 2020 MCA: Should have passed recognized Bachelors Degree examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC, ST reserved categories) in the qualifying examination with Mathematics or one of the subjects at 10+2 level to be eligible to write APICET.
|Category||Graduation Qualifying Marks|
|General||50% (+2 with Mathematics)|
|Reserved||45% (+2 with Mathematics)|
AP ICET 2020 Qualification
- Mere qualification in the entrance test does not entitle a candidate to be eligible to get into MBA/ MCA course unless the candidate:
- Satisfies all the eligibility criteria for admission as stipulated by the authority concerned.
- Applies in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned (for part- time\evening\distance mode).
- Appears for Counselling at the notified Centers.
AP ICET 2020 Reservation of Seats Based on Category:
The persons with Disability:
- 40% and above disability are eligible for Reservation of AP ICET.
- They must show a PH-Certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
NCC and Sports: Such aspirants will have to show original certificates issued by competent authorities.
CAP People: Students belonging to this category can show the following certificates as applicable-
- A certificate issued by the Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Discharge book (in the case of Ex-Servicemen).
- Service Certificate (in the case of Service Men) issued by Competent Authority for verification.
- Applicants whose parents are domiciled in the state of Telangana based on the Permanent Address/ Home Town declared by them. While joining the service and as recorded in their Service Register are alone eligible to be considered under ‘CAP’ Category.
Anglo-Indian People: Such students must show a certificate issued by the competent authority of their place of Residence.
Reservation of AP ICET 2020 Based on Marks: