Sri Venkateswara University sets the AP ICET Syllabus. Candidates need to go through the syllabus clearly to understand the overview and layout of the topics. By going through the syllabus, they will prepare well and strategize their learning according to the topics.
The AP ICET Syllabus consists of 3 subjects, namely Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, and Communication Ability. The candidates can prepare their timetable by looking at the topics covered in each section to practice well. The difficulty level of the exam is between easy to moderate, so the students can easily crack the AP ICET Exam.
AP ICET Syllabus 2021 Highlights
- Conducting Authority: Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) prescribes the AP ICET syllabus 2021 for aspirants.
- Level: The questions in the AP ICET 2021 examination are based on the subjects of graduation level.
- Note: It is important to have a thorough knowledge of the concepts.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus 2021 For Section-A: Analytical Ability
The syllabus from the analytical ability for the AP ICET exam can be found below. Candidates are advised to download the AP ICET syllabus pdf shared below for easy and offline access.
|AP ICET Syllabus for Analytical Ability|
The missing number in a sequence
Coding and decoding problems
|Numbers and alphabets||Pie chart|
Calendars and clocks
|Sequences and series||
Arrivals and departures
Tables and graphs
Date, time & arrangement problems
Data Sufficiency: A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labeled as (i) and (ii).
- If the data are given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question, then choice (1) is the correct answer.
- If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question, then choice (2) is the correct answer.
- If both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question, but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer.
- If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question, and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and Alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis: The data are given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram, or a Passage is to be analyzed, and the questions about the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of the English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus For Section-B: Mathematical Ability
Arithmetical Ability: Laws of indices, ratio, and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry - lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus For Section-C: Communication Ability
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:
- Identify the vocabulary used in day-to-day communication.
- Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes, etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences. Part 1: Vocabulary
- Business and Computer terminology
- Functional Grammar
- Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)
AP ICET 2021 syllabus for Arithmetical Ability
The syllabus for Arithmetical ability has been tabulated below. Candidates can go through the same. For a more detailed AP ICET syllabus, candidates can download the syllabus pdf by clicking on the link shared below.
|AP ICET 2021 syllabus for Arithmetical Ability
|Laws of indices||
Distance and work problems
|Pipes and cisterns||LCM and GCD|
|Ordering||Profit and loss|
Numbers and divisibility
Ratio and proportion
|Areas and volumes
|Algebra and Geometrical Ability|
|Statements, Truth tables||
Tautologies-Sets, Relations, and functions
|The notion of a limit and derivative||Progressions|
Equation of a line in different forms
Implication converse and inverse
AP ICET Exam Pattern
Having proper knowledge of the exam pattern is very important before we even start with the preparation. AP ICET exam pattern is fairly simple. Some of the key highlights of the same is shared below.
- Mode & Medium: The medium of examination is in English and Telugu, the exam will be conducted in an offline mode.
- Type of questions: AP ICET 2021 Exam will consist of multiple-choice questions with four options available for each question.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will get (+) 1 marks for the correct answer and there is no negative marking.
- Duration: The examination for the eligible candidate will have 200 questions to be answered in a duration of 150 minutes.
Read more: AP ICET Exam Pattern