The AP ICET Syllabus consists of 3 subjects namely Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability. The candidates can prepare their timetable by looking at the topics covered in each section to practice well. The difficulty level of the exam is between easy to moderate so the students can easily crack the AP ICET Exam.
AP ICET Syllabus 2020
- Conducting Authority: Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) prescribes the AP ICET syllabus 2020 for aspirants.
- Level: The questions in the AP ICET 2020 examination are based on the subjects of graduation level.
- Note: It is important to have a thorough knowledge of the concepts.
Detail AP ICET Syllabus 2020 For Section-A: Analytical Ability
Data Sufficiency: A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labelled as (i) and (ii).
- If the data are given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer.
- If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer.
- If both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer.
- If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
- Data Analysis: The data are given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions about the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of the English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Detail AP ICET Syllabus 2020 For Section-B: Mathematical Ability
Arithmetical Ability: Laws of indices, ratio, and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability: Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry - lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
Statistical Ability: Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Detail AP ICET Syllabus 2020 For Section-C: Communication Ability
Objectives of the Test:
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:
- Identify the vocabulary used in day-to-day communication.
- Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts.
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences. Part 1: Vocabulary
- Business and Computer terminology
- Functional Grammar
- Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)