Citizens of Andhra Pradesh who wants to pursue an MBA or MCA in one of the reputed colleges/universities in the state should apply for the AP ICET 2021 Exam. Find all the details mentioned in this article below.
- What is the AP ICET Exam?
- AP ICET 2021 Exam Date
- AP ICET 2021 Notification
- AP ICET 2021 Eligibility
- AP ICET 2021 Syllabus
- AP ICET 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to apply for AP ICET?
- AP ICET 2021 Reference Books
- AP ICET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers
- AP ICET 2021 Application Form
- AP ICET 2021 Admit Card
- AP ICET 2021 Exam Centres
- AP ICET Preparation
- AP ICET 2021 Results
- AP ICET 2021 Cut off
- AP ICET 2021 Counselling
- AP ICET 2021 Answer Key
- Courses Offered
- Exam Guidelines
What is AP ICET Exam?
AP ICET (Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test) is a common entrance exam for admission into various institutes in the state of Andhra Pradesh for MBA and MCA Courses. The Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati conducts the AP ICET Exam on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). A huge number of students every year usually apply for the AP ICET Exam.
- AP ICET 2021 Exam Level: The examination is a State Level Entrance Examination conducted for admission into colleges inside the Andhra Pradesh state for technical and management-related courses.
- Frequency: The AP ICET Exam is conducted once a year.
- Exam Pattern: The exam is conducted online and has 200 MCQs to be completed in 150 minutes (2 and half hours).
- Application: The application is to be filled through online mode. The candidates can log in to the official website and are supposed to give the details correctly.
- Payment: After filling the application form the payment for the examination fees is to be made online through any mode such as Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking/ AP Online.
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test 2021|
|Acronym||AP ICET 2021|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Types of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions.|
|Exam duration||150 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||(+)1 Mark for each correct response|
|Paper Medium||English and Telugu|
AP ICET 2021 Exam Date
The notification of the AP ICET 2021 exam will be released shortly, tentatively in Jun, 2021. The last date of submission of the application form will be announced along with the official notification for the exam, and candidates will have to pay a late fee of INR 1000 + registration charges. The candidates are required to check the important dates announced by the examination authority as the late applicants would be charged with the late fees or penalty which changes every week. Candidates must go through the exam dates and visit this page for further updates about the AP IC ET 2021 Exam Date.
The exam will be conducted in 2 sessions, the first session will be in the morning, and the timings are 10:00 to 12:30 pm, and the second session will be held in the afternoon with the timings as 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
Candidates can check the AP ICET Important dates 2021 below:
|AP ICET 2021 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Date of Notification||Jun, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of AP ICET 2021 Online Application||Jun, 2021(Tentative)|
|Last Date to fill AP ICET 2021 Application without Late Fee||To be announced|
|AP ICET 2021 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Answer Key Prelims||To be announced|
|Last date to receive objections on the preliminary answer key||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
Candidates need to pay an additional INR 550 (registration fee) along with the late fee.
Read More: AP ICET Exam dates 2021
AP ICET 2021 Notification
The Sri Venkateswara University will release the AP ICET 2021 Notification on its official website. The exam authorities will announce the Application Process dates for the AP ICET 2021 Exam and the official notification. The admit card will be released a few days before the exam. Candidates must keep track of the events associated with the AP ICET Exam by regularly checking into this page.
AP ICET 2021 Eligibility
The organizing body of the AP ICET 2021 Exam, Sri Venkateswara University, has set a few eligibility criteria for the candidates to clear to be eligible for applying for the exam. The candidates need to make sure that they clear the criteria before they apply for the exam because they will be deemed to be ineligible, and the application form will be considered invalid. Candidates should clarify the various AP ICET 2021 Eligibility Criteria that are mentioned and explained below category-wise.
Domicile and Nationality
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- He/ she must satisfy local/ non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
- There is no age limit for the candidates to fulfill in order to be eligible for the AP ICET Exam. However, the minimum age requirement would be 21 years of age.
- Candidates should make sure that they qualify in order to apply for the exam.
- The candidate is ought to have either completed or must be in the final year of his/her graduation.
- For the candidates who want to get admission into the MBA course, they must have completed a minimum of 3 years of under graduation program in any stream or can be in the final year of his under graduation or his bachelor's degree from any recognized university.
- The candidates willing to get admission into the MCA course must have completed B.Tech or any degree for a minimum of 3 years in any discipline provided that they have studied mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level.
- He/ She can also apply for the MCA direct entry or lateral entry where the candidates are directly given admissions to 2nd year of MCA.
Candidates can regularly visit this page for further updates and information regarding the AP ICET 2021 Eligibility Criteria to not miss out on any vital information or changes.
Read More: AP ICET Eligibility 2021
AP ICET 2021 Syllabus
The AP ICET 2021 Syllabus consists of three sections: analytical ability, Mathematical ability, and communication ability. The level of exam is generally regarded as moderate. The language of the examination is in both English and Telugu, but it again differs in sections. For the candidate's convenience giving the examination, Analytical Ability and Mathematical Ability can be conducted in Telugu and Communication Ability is mandatorily conducted in English.
The detailed AP ICET 2021 Syllabus is as follows, and the candidate can make a preparation schedule as to how to prepare for the AP ICET exam. The syllabus is explained Subject wise with the topics associated with each subject below:
Analytical Ability -
- Data Sufficiency
- Problem Solving
- Sequences and Series
- Numbers and alphabet
- The missing number in a sequence
- Data Analysis
- Tables and Graphs
- Bar diagram
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagram
- Coding and Decoding Problems
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems
- Calendars and Clocks
- Blood Relations
- Arrivals and Departures
- Seating arrangements
- Symbol interpretation
Mathematical Ability -
- Arithmetical Ability, Indices
- Ratio and Proportion
- Numbers and Divisibility
- Algebraic and Geometrical Ability Statements
- Coordinate Geometry-distance between points
- Profit & Loss
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Distance & Time
- Remainder theorem and consequences
- Linear equations and expressions
- Coordinate Geometry-distance between points
- Terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes, etc)
- Functional grammar for day-to-day communication
- Understand written text and drawing inferences
- Functional grammar for business contexts
- Reading and Comprehension
Read More: AP ICET Syllabus 2021
AP ICET 2021 Exam Pattern
AP ICET Exam will be conducted online. It is required for the candidates to go through the Exam Pattern prior to preparing for the examination as it helps understand the overview of questions and their types. They will be able to prepare accordingly and attend the exam well for scoring higher in the exam. The detailed elaboration of the AP ICET 2021 Exam Pattern is given below.
- It is a Pen-paper based exam previously, but now it is changed to the online mode that consists of 200 questions that are to be completed in 150 minutes.
- For every correct answer, one mark is awarded, and there is no negative marking in this exam.
- The AP ICET exam pattern consists of three sections: Analytical ability, Mathematical, and Communication Ability.
- The Analytical ability and Mathematical Ability section consists of 75 questions, and the communication ability section consists of 50 questions.
- The further distribution of marks can be seen in the table below:
|Subject||Topic||Number of Questions|
|Analytical Ability||Data Sufficiency||20|
|Mathematical Ability||Arithmetical Ability||10|
Candidates can regularly check-in with this page for further updates and information regarding the AP ICET 2021 Exam Pattern.
Read More: AP ICET Exam Pattern 2021
How to apply for AP ICET 2021?
The registration process for AP ICET 2021 will start in the fourth week of February, tentatively. The whole registration process will be online where the candidate needs to apply through the official website of conducting authority where the candidate needs to enter his personal and academic details as required and has to proceed further by paying the application fees of INR 550, late fees for candidates filling after the last date which will be announced by the exam conducting authorities. The candidate can apply by taking a look at the following steps:
Step 1: Fee Payment- The candidates have to first make the online payment through AP Online/ Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking of INR 550 to apply for the exam.
Step 2: Payment Status- After the payment, candidates have to verify whether the payment is made or not.
Step 3: Fill in the Application form- Once the payment is successful, candidates get access to fill up the application form. In this, the candidate has to enter his/ her personal and academic details.
Step 4: Uploading of Documents- The candidates need to upload the scanned images of specified documents.
Step 5: Print out of Application form- Candidates, after successfully filling up the form, should take a print out of the application form for future reference.
Step 6: Corrections in the application- If the candidates have made any mistakes, they have to check under which category it falls (category 1 & 2) and make the corrections.
AP ICET 2021 Application Form
The AP ICET 2021 Application Form will be available on the Sri Venkateswara University's official website, and candidates can avail the form from there. It is important for the candidates to carefully go through the given instructions and information before filling up the application form. Another important thing for the candidates to consider is that they need to clear the AP ICET 2021 Eligibility Criteria before applying. Candidates who fail to clear the eligibility criteria are deemed ineligible, and the application form will not be moved forward.
- The AP ICET 2021 Application form can only be filled online on the conducting authority's official website.
- The candidates need first to make the payment, then they have to enter their details and finally upload the documents.
- The candidates must check that if they clear the eligibility criteria laid down, to be eligible for the exam.
- It is important for the candidates to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the AP ICET 2021 Application Form.
- The Application fees for the AP ICET 2021 can only be paid through an online medium. The fee structure is as follows:
|Fee Amount for APICET 2021||INR 550|
|Processing Fee for APICET 2021||INR 57.50|
|Total Fee||INR 607.50|
Documents required to submit the Application form
The candidate has to upload the scanned copy of the following documents with the given specifications while filling the AP ICET 2021 Application Form.
AP ICET Required Documents with specifications
|1||Photograph||Less than 50 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|2||Signature||Less than 30 kb||JPG/JPEG|
Sometimes the candidates can face a problem while making the payment as to no confirmation regarding the payment even after the amount got deducted. Then the candidate can click on "Application Fee Status" and see whether the payment is confirmed or not. If the payment is confirmed, you can proceed further by filling the application form but, if the payment is not confirmed, the candidate needs to make the payment again to proceed.
The amount which is debited previously will be credited back into your account within five business days. The applicants can also check the refund status on the official website.
The candidates usually make mistakes while filling the application form, and the SCHE Andhra Pradesh has allowed the candidates to rectify such mistakes made.
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate's date of birth
- Candidate's father name
- Hall ticket number
- Qualifying exam's medium of instruction
- Year of passing
- Couse hall ticket number
- Study location
- Birth district, location
- Candidate mother's name
- Special category
- Minority/ Non-minority status
- Local area status
- Study information
- Annual income
- Study details
- Exam of 10+2+3 education
- Adhar details
- E-mail address/mobile number.
The category 1 changes should be made by providing the verified documents to the examination authority and send a request to the AP ICET 2021 Convenor.
Read More: AP ICET Application Form 2021
AP ICET 2021 Admit Card
AP ICET 2021 Admit card is released on the official website of Sri Venkateshwara University. It consists of details such as the name of the candidate, hall ticket number, exam centre, exam timing, session (as there are both morning and afternoon sessions), instructions to the candidate which he has to go through before the examination.
The students are asked to check the AP ICET Admit Card 2021 after downloading to see if there any mistakes to the name of the candidate with spelling, date of birth, other details of the candidate. If any discrepancies are found, they can contact the university. The candidate has to make sure all details are correct as it would create a problem during the selection process.
How to Download the AP ICET 2021 Admit Card?
The candidate can download the admit card by taking the following steps:
- Visit the official APICET website and click on the admit card link.
- Fill in your application number and date of birth and click on the Get Hall ticket/Admit card link.
- Save and print the generated copy of the Hall Ticket/Admit card.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to download the admit card online as it is not available in offline mode or is not sent through the post. The candidates are not allowed to the exam centre without the AP ICET 2021 Admit card. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card with them at the time of the exam.
Read More: AP ICET Admit Card 2021
AP ICET 2021 Exam Centres
There are 48 exam centres in 14 districts that are located all across the state. The candidates can choose two centres in the order of their preference while filling the application form. The AP ICET 2021 Exam Centres for the candidates are mentioned in the admit card and any request for changes in the exam centre is not entertained. The various AP ICET 2021 exam centres are listed below:
|Code||Districts||AP ICET 2021 Exam Centers|
|1||Anantapur||Anantapur, Gooty, Hindupur, Puttaparthi|
|2||Chittoor||Chittoor, Madanapalle, Puttur, Tirupati|
|3||East Godavari||Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Surampalem|
|4||Guntur||Bapatla, Guntur, Narasaraopeta|
|5||Hyderabad||Hayathnagar, Moula Ali, Nacharam|
|6||Krishna||Challapalli, Gudlavalleru, Kanchikacherla, Mylavaram, Vijayawada|
|7||Kurnool||Kurnool, Nandyal, Yemmiganuru|
|8||Prakasam||Chirala, Kandhukur, Markapuram, Ongole|
|9||Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore||Gudur, kavali, Nellore|
|10||Srikakulam||Rajam, Srikakulam, Tekkali|
|11||Vishakhapatnam||Anakapalli, Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam|
|12||Vizianagaram||Bobbili, Kothavalasa, Vizianagaram|
|13||West Godavari||Bhimavaram, Eluru, Narasapuram, Tadepalligudem|
|14||YSR Kadapaysr||Kadapa, Proddatur, Rajampeta|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The candidates must carry the following documents to the Exam Centre:
- AP ICET Admit card
- A valid Photo ID
Read More: AP ICET Exam Centres 2021
How to prepare for AP ICET 2021?
Candidates should be aware that in order to clear and score very high in the AP ICET 2021 Exam, it is important to follow certain techniques and strategies for the same. Strategizing and planning accordingly can help the candidates to understand how the exam is being conducted and how they can prepare for doing well in the AP ICET 2021 Exam. Few strategies and preparation tips are provided below. Candidates can make a note of them.
Candidates are required to plan properly for the AP ICET 2021 Preparation. This can be done by preparing a proper plan or a time schedule on the basis of which the preparation can be done. This is done in order to keep the candidates on track during the preparation without deviating from the course. This will also help them to schedule their time accordingly and prepare.
Knowing the topics and syllabus
The first thing is to have a complete idea about the syllabus of AP ICET for effective planning. Candidates should go through the topics and syllabus very well. Preparing topic wise helps them to understand the concepts better and remember while attending the exam. Another important aspect of topic-wise preparation is that the candidates will be able to categorize the topics and questions based on its difficulty and importance. This way they will be able to prioritize their preparation.
In AP ICET, the candidate has to solve 200 questions in 150 minutes, making it a race against time. Candidates should practice with the help of a stopwatch. They must try to finish attending the questions within the allotted time. This way their time efficiency will be improved and the chances for missing out the questions in the exam. The candidate should practise as many questions as possible to increase his/her speed. This technique is for Analytical and Mathematical ability. This will also help them to be able to know the time required to attend each question and topic, and thus will lead to preventing an excess of time being utilized for easy questions.
Attend the known questions first
Candidates should keep in mind to attend the questions that they are very well familiar with and the known ones prior to attempting the unknown or doubtful questions. This is advised because they will be able to confirm the answers and secure a base by attending known questions with minimal time utilized. The remaining time can be utilized to attend the left out questions.
Candidates should practise by attending mock tests and exactly replicating the way by which the actual exam will be conducted. Time efficiency along with the understanding of the overview of the exam will be attained by this method. For communication ability, the candidates should read newspapers, magazines, and Grammar books thoroughly. Moreover, the candidate can take the help of reference books and previous year papers.
AP ICET 2021 Reference Books
The AP ICET 2021 Reference Books is very important for the candidates to go through for preparing and scoring better. The candidate can use the following books for their preparation:
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S.AGARWAL|
|Icet model papers||Vikram|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Agarwal|
|ICET for MBA/MCA 2007-2017 Solved Papers||Kiran Prakash|
Read More: AP ICET Books 2021
AP ICET 2021 Previous Year Question Papers
Solving previous year papers provides a kind of live experience of the exam and helps the candidate to analyze his/her weak spots in the exam. Start doing mock test questions, as soon as your syllabus gets completed for AP ICET. It will familiarise you with the pattern of the exam. It also provides extra support and practices for you to score high in the examination. Most importantly, it ensures that you are able to manage time efficiently and complete the examination within the allotted time.
Read More: AP ICET Previous Year Question Papers 2021
AP ICET 2021 Results
The AP ICET 2021 Results will be released on the official website. It is very important for the candidates to perform well in the exam, since the results are entirely based on the candidates' performance.
- The candidates can download the AP ICET 2021 Result from the official website using their login credentials.
- The candidates with marks above 25% are eligible for admission into PG courses.
Re-Evaluation: Candidates who wish to get a re-evaluation done have to apply for re-evaluation within 15 days after the result is declared with a demand draft of INR 1,000/- in favour of the Convener, APICET 2021, payable at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on any Nationalised Bank.
Tie Breaker: If both the candidates have scored the same marks and are ina situation of a tie for allocating the rank then (a)The candidate who has scored highest marks in Section A is declared with the highest rank. (b)If the candidates have scored the same marks in section A also then the candidate who has scored highest in Section B is declared with the highest rank. (c)If they have scored the same marks in both Section A and B then, the candidate with the older age is declared with the highest rank.
How to download the Result?
Following steps are there to view the result:
- Log in to the official APICET website with the help of your admit card.
- Click on 'Download result' and enter your hall ticket number and click on submit.
- Download and print your Result.
Read More: AP ICET Results 2021
AP ICET 2021 Cutoffs
Different colleges decide their cutoff based on the seats available in the institute, the number of candidates appearing in the exam and the difficulty level of the paper. The cutoff for top 7 institutes in And0hra Pradesh for MBA & MCA courses is as follows:
|Institutes||Marks (Tentative)||Rank (Tentative)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||171 to 200||1 – 10|
|Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati||161 to 170||31 – 70|
|Andhra University, Visakhapatnam||141 to 150||101 – 200|
|Dr Lankapalli Bullayya College, Visakhapatnam||121 to 130||350 to 500|
|Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Chittoor||101 to 110||1001 – 1500|
|Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Vijayawada||91 to 100||1500 – 3000|
|Rajeev Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology Nandyal, Kurnool||81 to 90||3000 – 10000|
AP ICET 2021 Selection Process
The candidates have to first appear for the written test. If they can score more than the minimum percentage criteria decided by the conducting authority, they'll be eligible for the counselling process. Now, based on the marks scored by the candidates and cutoffs decided by the institute, candidates will be called for counselling at a particular institute. There document verification process will take place.
After verification of documents, the candidate has to pay the fees of the respective institute. After this, the candidate will get admitted to that particular institute.
Read More: AP ICET Cutoff 2021
AP ICET 2021 Counselling
The counselling process for AP ICET 2021 will begin after the declaration of the results. The location of the counselling centre will be released on the online website only. The candidates will be required to pay the counselling fee and give the phone number and e-mail address and take and the computer-generated receipt which contains registration ID and password. The candidate needs to perform the web options on the mentioned dates, he can also change the college name list later on. The examination authority thereafter will allocate the college to the candidate which is intimated through SMS for the mobile number which is given by the candidate.
The entire process of AP ICET 2021 Counselling will include document verification, allotment of seats and admissions. The counselling will be based on the merit list produced which will be based on the performance of the candidate in the exam.
The entire process of counselling will include document verification, allotment of seats and admissions.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Aadhaar card
- AP ICET 2021 Admit card/Hall ticket, AP ICET 2021 Scorecard
- IV-X study certificates, SSC/10th marks card and Degree or B.Tech all semester marks memos & Provisional Certificate.
- Telangana or Andhra Pradesh residence certificate
- An Income certificate issued only after 1st January 2021
- Caste certificate (if applicable) issued by a competent authority.
|OC/ BC Candidates||1200/-|
|SC/ ST Candidates||600/-|
Read More: AP ICET Counselling 2021
AP ICET 2021 Answer Key
The Sri Venkateswara University of Tirupati will be releasing the Answer Keys for the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET). The keys for each set is there on the official website of the AP ICET. Candidates can check their sheets and can raise objections if they have any.
The objections should be submitted in the below format only. Candidate should not submit objections in any other formats.
|Sl. No.||Hall Ticket Number||Exam Date||Sessions||Question Number||Answer Key Given||Suggested Answer||Justification along with Reference Book, Page Number, and Edition (Telugu/English)|
|FN (Shift 1)||AN (Shift 2)|
Comparison: The master copy of questions and answers is uploaded on the official website, and students will be submitting their objections in the format mentioned above corresponding to the master copy of the question paper and preliminary key.
Decision: The AP ICET Final Answer Key will be released along with results (rank) and no more requests on the final key will be considered.
Response Sheet: Students can see their response sheet from the official website of the AP ICET 2021.
Read More: AP ICET Answer Key 2021
Courses Offered Through AP ICET Exam
|Master of Computer Application||3 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years.|
AP ICET Guidelines
The following guidelines are provided to guide you for Exam Day. You are requested to go through these to ensure a nice AP ICET Exam appearance.
- ID Proof: Admit Card and ID proof are mandatory for every candidate. Without the ID card, the candidates will not be allowed to go inside the exam hall.
- Report Early: The candidate must reach the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam as the security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Latecomers Not Allowed: If a candidate reaches the exam centre after the commencement of the exam then the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- No Talking Inside the Examination Hall: The candidate is not allowed to talk to anybody during the examination. If the candidate is found doing the same, it will lead to cancellation of the candidature of the candidate and will be sent outside the examination hall without any warning.
- Restricted Items: Candidates shouldn't carry any Electronic device like watch with a calculator, material printed, paper bits, mobile phone, pager, Calculators, Log Tables except the Admit Card, identity proof or any document inside the examination hall.
AP ICET Contact Information
- Official website: apicet.nic.in
- Address: Sri Venkateswara University, TIRUPATI – 517 502, Andhra Pradesh
- Contact: 0877-2289559, 0877-2289410
- Email: [email protected]
- Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education
- Other Address: Sree Mahendra Enclave, NRI Block (C-Block), I&II Floors, Opposite State Bank of India, Adjacent to NH-16, Tadepalli, Guntur-522501
- Alternate Contact: 08645-274468
How many marks do I need to get in order to qualify the AP ICET 2021?
The candidate needs to score a minimum of 25% marks in the exam i.e equal to or more than 50 out of 200.
Are candidates having non-science background are eligible for MCA through AP ICET?
Yes, they are eligible provided they should have mathematics as a subject in class 12th.
Are the candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh but are living in other states eligible for this exam?
Yes, they are eligible but they should be able to produce the domicile certificate at the time of counselling.
Can a candidate pay AP ICET Fees through Cheque or Demand Draft?
No, the candidate can only pay fees through online means that is through Debit/ Credit Card/ AP Online or Internet Banking.
What are the courses offered through AP ICET?
The AP ICET offers two courses namely, Master of Computer Application and Master of Business Administration.