Do you want to join the best MBA, MCA colleges in Andhra Pradesh? The first step towards achieving your dream is AP ICET 2020. Want to know more about it? The information is given below.
Latest Update: The last date to register for the AP ICET 2020 without late fee has been extended from May 20, 2020 to June 15, 2020. All the other exam related activities including the conduction of the exam stand postponed until further notice.
- What is the AP ICET Exam?
- AP ICET 2020 Exam Date
- AP ICET 2020 Eligibility
- AP ICET 2020 Syllabus
- AP ICET 2020 Exam Pattern
- How to apply for AP ICET?
- AP ICET 2020 Application Form Apply
- AP ICET 2020 Admit Card
- AP ICET 2020 Exam Centres
- AP ICET Preparation
- AP ICET 2020 Results
- AP ICET 2020 Cut off
- AP ICET 2020 Counselling
- AP ICET 2020 Answer Key
- Coaching Centres
- Courses Offered
- Exam Guidelines
What is AP ICET Exam?
AP ICET(Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test) is a common entrance exam for admission into various institutes in the state of Andhra Pradesh for MBA and MCA Courses. The Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati conducts the AP ICET Exam on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). A huge number of students every year usually apply for the AP ICET Exam.
- AP ICET 2020 Exam Level: The examination is a State Level Entrance Examination conducted for admission into colleges inside the Andhra Pradesh state for technical and management-related courses.
- Frequency: The AP ICET Exam is conducted once a year in April.
- Exam Pattern: The exam is conducted online and has 200 MCQs to be completed in 150 minutes (2 and half hours).
- Application: The application is to be filled through online mode. The candidates can log in to the official website and are supposed to give the details correctly.
- Payment: After filling the application form the payment for the examination fees is to be made online through any mode such as Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking/ AP Online.
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test 2020|
|Acronym||AP ICET 2020|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|AP ICET 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Types of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions.|
|Exam duration||150 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||(+)1 Mark for each correct response|
|Paper Medium||English and Telugu|
AP ICET 2020 Exam Dates
The notification of the AP ICET exam was released on 29 February 2020. The exam normally takes place in April and the results are declared in May, but all events have been postponed this year due to COVID- 19 lockdown. The candidates are required to check the important dates announced by the examination authority as the late applicants would be charged with the late fees or penalty which changes every week.
The exam is conducted in 2 sessions, the first session will be in the morning and the timings are 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and the second session will be held in the afternoon with the timings as 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
The AP ICET Important dates 2020 are as follows:
|AP ICET 2020 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Date of Notification||February 29, 2020|
|Commencement of AP ICET 2020 Online Application||March 3, 2020|
|Last Date to fill AP ICET 2020 Application without Late Fee||June 15, 2020|
|Last Date for Submission with Late Fee of INR 2000/-||To be announced|
|Issue of AP ICET 2020 Admit Card|
|AP ICET 2020 Exam Date|
AP ICET 2020 Eligibility
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- He/ she must satisfy local/ non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
- The candidate is ought to have either completed or must be in the final year of his/her graduation.
- For the candidates who want to get admission into the MBA course, they must have completed a minimum of 3 years of under graduation program in any stream or can be in the final year of his under graduation or bachelor's degree from any recognized university.
- The candidates willing to get admission into the MCA course must have completed B.Tech or any degree for a minimum of 3 years in any discipline provided that they have studied mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level.
- He/ She can also apply for the MCA direct entry or lateral entry where the candidates are directly given admissions to 2nd year of MCA.
Note: The candidates must have an aggregate of at least 50% in their graduation. The candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC and PH categories are given a relaxation of 5% and they must have a minimum of 45% aggregate in their graduation. There is no age limit in AP ICET 2020.
AP ICET 2020 Syllabus
The AP ICET Syllabus consists of three sections namely Analytical ability, Mathematical ability and communication ability. The Level of exam is generally regarded as moderate. The language of the examination is in both English and Telugu but it again differs in sections. For the convenience of the candidate giving the examination Analytical Ability and Mathematical Ability can be conducted in Telugu and Communication Ability is mandatorily conducted in English.
The detailed AP ICET 2020 Syllabus is as follows and the candidate can make a preparation schedule as to how to prepare for the AP ICET exam:
AP ICET 2020 Exam Pattern
AP ICET Exam is conducted online.
- It is a Pen-paper based exam previously but now it is changed to the online mode that consists of 200 questions that are to be completed in 150 minutes.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is awarded and there is no negative marking in this exam.
- The AP ICET exam pattern consists of three sections: Analytical ability, Mathematical and Communication Ability.
- The Analytical ability and Mathematical Ability section each consists of 75 questions and the communication ability section consists of 50 questions.
- The further distribution of marks can be seen in the table below:
|AP ICET Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Topic||Number of Questions|
|Analytical Ability||Data Sufficiency||20|
|Mathematical Ability||Arithmetical Ability||10|
How to apply for AP ICET 2020?
The registration process for AP ICET starts from March 3, 2020. The whole registration process is online where the candidate needs to apply through the official website of conducting authority where the candidate needs to enter his personal and academic details as required and has to proceed further by paying the application fees of 550/-, late fees for candidates filling after the last date which is June 15, 2020. The candidate can apply by taking a look at the following steps:
- Step 1: Fee Payment- The candidates have to first make the online payment through AP Online/ Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking of 550/- to apply for the exam.
- Step 2: Payment Status- After the payment candidates have to verify whether the payment is done or not.
- Step 3: Fill in the Application form- Once the payment is successful candidates get the access to fill up the application form. In this, the candidate has to enter his/ her personal and academic details.
- Step 4: Uploading of Documents- The candidates need to upload the scanned images of specified documents.
- Step 5: Print out of Application form- Candidates after successfully filling up the form should take a print out of the application form for future reference.
- Step 6: Corrections in the application- If the candidates have made any mistakes they have to check under which category does it fall (category 1 & 2) and can make the corrections from April.
AP ICET 2020 Application Form:
- The Application form can only be filled online on the official website of the conducting authority.
- The candidates need to first make the payment, then they have to enter their details and finally upload the documents.
- The Application fees for the AP ICET 2020 can only be paid through online medium. The fee structure is as follows:
|Fee Amount for APICET 2020||Rs 550/-|
|Processing Fee for APICET 2020||Rs 57.50/-|
|Total Fee||Rs 607.50/-|
Documents required to submit the Application form: The candidate has to upload the scanned copy of the following documents with the given specifications while filling AP ICET 2020 Application Form.
AP ICET Required Documents with specifications
|1||Photograph||Less than 50 kb||JPG/JPEG|
|2||Signature||Less than 30 kb||JPG/JPEG|
Sometimes the candidates can face a problem while making the payment as to no confirmation regarding the payment even after the amount got deducted. Then the candidate can click on "Application Fee Status" and see whether the payment is confirmed or not. If the payment is confirmed then you can proceed further by filling the application form but, if the payment is not confirmed the candidate needs to make the payment again to proceed.
The amount which is debited previously will be credited back into your account within 5 business days. The applicants can also check the refund status on the official website.
The candidates usually make mistakes while filling the application form, the SCHE Andhra Pradesh has allowed the candidates to rectify such mistakes made. The changes are subjected to be made from April 2020. The errors are categorized into 2 types.
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate's date of birth
- Candidate's father name
- Hall ticket number
- Qualifying exam's medium of instruction
- Year of passing
- Couse hall ticket number
- Study location
- Birth district, location
- Candidate mother's name
- Special category
- Minority/ Non-minority status
- Local area status
- Study information
- Annual income
- Study details
- Exam of 10+2+3 education
- Adhar details
- Address of the candidate
- E-mail address or mobile number.
The category 1 changes should be made by providing the verified documents to the examination authority and send a request to the AP ICET 2020 Convenor. The changes in category 2 can be made online from April 2020.
AP ICET 2020 Admit Card
AP ICET Admit card is released on the official website of Sri Venkateshwara University. It consists of details such as the name of the candidate, hall ticket number, exam centre, exam timing, session (as there are both morning and afternoon sessions), instructions to the candidate which he has to go through before the examination.
The students are asked to check the AP ICET 2020 Admit Card after downloading to see if there any mistakes to the name of the candidate with spelling, date of birth, other details of the candidate. If any discrepancies are found, they can contact the university. The candidate has to make sure it is correct as it would create a problem during the selection process.
How to Download the AP ICET 2020 Admit Card?
The candidate can download the admit card by taking the following steps:
- Visit the official APICET website and click on the admit card link.
- Fill in your application number and date of birth and click on the Get Hall ticket/Admit card link.
- Save and print the generated copy of Hall Ticket/Admit card.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to download the admit card online as it is not available in offline mode or is not sent through the post. The link provided in the website would become inactive in April seeking the last date for downloading the admit card is crossed. The candidates are not allowed to the exam centre without the AP ICET Admit card.
AP ICET 2020 Exam Centres
There are 48 exam centres in 14 districts that are located all across the state. The candidates can choose two centres in the order of their preference while filling the application form. The AP ICET exam centre of the candidate is mentioned in the admit card and any request for changes in the exam centre is not entertained. The various AP ICET 2020 exam centres are listed below:
|Code||Districts||AP ICET 2020 Exam Centers|
|1||Anantapur||Anantapur, Gooty, Hindupur, Puttaparthi|
|2||Chittoor||Chittoor, Madanapalle, Puttur, Tirupati|
|3||East Godavari||Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Surampalem|
|4||Guntur||Bapatla, Guntur, Narasaraopeta|
|5||Hyderabad||Hayathnagar, Moula Ali, Nacharam|
|6||Krishna||Challapalli, Gudlavalleru, Kanchikacherla, Mylavaram, Vijayawada|
|7||Kurnool||Kurnool, Nandyal, Yemmiganuru|
|8||Prakasam||Chirala, Kandhukur, Markapuram, Ongole|
|9||Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore||Gudur, kavali, Nellore|
|10||Srikakulam||Rajam, Srikakulam, Tekkali|
|11||Vishakhapatnam||Anakapalli, Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam|
|12||Vizianagaram||Bobbili, Kothavalasa, Vizianagaram|
|13||West Godavari||Bhimavaram, Eluru, Narasapuram, Tadepalligudem|
|14||YSR Kadapaysr||Kadapa, Proddatur, Rajampeta|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The candidates must carry the following documents to the Exam Centre:
- AP ICET Admit card
- A valid Photo ID
How to prepare for AP ICET 2020?
- The first thing is to have a complete idea about the syllabus of AP ICET for effective planning.
- In AP ICET, the candidate has to solve 200 questions in 150 minutes, making it a race against time.
- The candidate should practice as many questions as possible to increase his/her speed. This technique is for Analytical and Mathematical ability.
- For communication ability, the candidates should read newspapers, magazines and Grammar books thoroughly. Moreover, the candidate can take the help of reference books and previous year papers.
The candidate can use the following books for their preparation:
|AP ICET Reference Books||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S.AGARWAL|
|Icet model papers||Vikram|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Agarwal|
|ICET for MBA/MCA 2007-2017 Solved Papers||Kiran Prakash|
Previous Year Question Papers
Solving previous year papers provides a kind of live experience of the exam and helps the candidate to analyze his/her weak spots in the exam.
Start doing mock test questions, as soon as your syllabus gets completed for AP ICET. It will familiarise you with the pattern of the exam.
AP ICET 2020 Results
- The candidates can download the AP ICET 2020 Result from the official website using their login credentials.
- The candidates with marks above 25% are eligible for admission into PG courses.
Re-Evaluation: Candidates who wish to get a re-evaluation done have to apply for re-evaluation within 15 days after the result is declared with a demand draft of INR 1,000/- in favour of the Convener, APICET 2020, payable at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on any Nationalised Bank.
Tie Breaker: If both the candidates have scored the same marks and are ina situation of a tie for allocating the rank then (a)The candidate who has scored highest marks in Section A is declared with the highest rank. (b)If the candidates have scored the same marks in section A also then the candidate who has scored highest in Section B is declared with the highest rank. (c)If they have scored the same marks in both Section A and B then, the candidate with the older age is declared with the highest rank.
How to download the Result?
Following steps are there to view the result:
- Log in to the official APICET website with the help of your admit card.
- Click on 'Download result' and enter your hall ticket number and click on submit.
- Download and print your Result.
AP ICET 2020 Cutoffs
Different colleges decide their cutoff based on the seats available in the institute, the number of candidates appearing in the exam and the difficulty level of the paper. The cutoff for top 7 institutes in Andhra Pradesh for MBA & MCA courses is as follows:
|Institutes||Marks (Tentative)||Rank (Tentative)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada||171 to 200||1 – 10|
|Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati||161 to 170||31 – 70|
|Andhra University, Visakhapatnam||141 to 150||101 – 200|
|Dr. Lankapalli Bullayya College, Visakhapatnam||121 to 130||350 to 500|
|Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Chittoor||101 to 110||1001 – 1500|
|Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Vijayawada||91 to 100||1500 – 3000|
|Rajeev Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology Nandyal, Kurnool||81 to 90||3000 – 10000|
AP ICET 2020 Selection Process
The candidates have to first appear for the written test. If they can score more than the minimum percentage criteria decided by the conducting authority, they'll be eligible for the counselling process. Now, based on the marks scored by the candidates and cutoffs decided by the institute, candidates will be called for counselling at a particular institute. There document verification process will take place.
After verification of documents, the candidate has to pay the fees of the respective institute. After this, the candidate will get admitted to that particular institute.
AP ICET 2020 Counselling
The counselling process for AP ICET 2020 will begin after the declaration of the results. The location of the counselling centre will be intimated to the candidates through the online website only. The candidates need to pay the counselling fee and give the mobile number and e-mail address and take and the computer-generated receipt which contains registration ID and password. The candidate needs to perform the web options on the mentioned dates, he can also change the college name list later on. The examination authority thereafter will allocate the college to the candidate which is intimated through SMS for the mobile number which is given by the candidate.
The entire process of AP ICET 2020 Counselling will include document verification, allotment of seats and admissions. The counselling will be based on the merit list produced which will be based on the performance of the candidate in the exam.
The entire process of counselling will include document verification, allotment of seats and admissions.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Aadhaar card
- AP ICET 2020 Admit card/Hall ticket, AP ICET 2020 Scorecard
- IV-X study certificates, SSC/10th marks card and Degree or B.Tech all semester marks memos & Provisional Certificate.
- Telangana or Andhra Pradesh residence certificate
- Income certificate issued after 1st January 2020
- Caste certificate (if applicable) issued by a competent authority.
|OC/ BC Candidates||1200/-|
|SC/ ST Candidates||600/-|
AP ICET 2020 Answer Key
The Sri Venkateswara University of Tirupati will release the Answer Keys for the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET). The keys for each set is there on the official website of the AP ICET. Candidates can check their sheets and can raise objections if they have any.
The objections should be submitted in the below format only. Candidate should not submit objections in any other formats.
|Sr. No.||Hall Ticket No.||Exam Date||Session||Question No &ID.correspondingto Master Copy||Answer Given in Key||Suggested Answer||Justification along with reference book, Page number & also edition (Telugu/English)|
FN (Shift 1)
AN (Shift 2)
Comparison: The Master Copy of Questions and Answers is uploaded on the official website and students have to submit their objections in the above format corresponding to the master copy of the Question paper and Preliminary Key.
Decision: The AP ICET Final Answer Key will be placed along with results (rank) and no more requests on the Final Key will be considered.
Response Sheet: Students can see their response sheet from the official website of the AP ICET 2020.
AP ICET Coaching-Centres
There are various coaching centres of AP ICET all over Andhra Pradesh, some of the most reputed are:
- C L Career Launcher
- Ganesh Tutions
- Ace Academy of Competitive Exams
- JB Institute for Competitive Exams
Courses Offered Through AP ICET Exam
|AP ICET Courses offered|
|Master of Computer Application||3 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years.|
AP ICET Guidelines
The following guidelines are provided to guide you for Exam Day. You are requested to go through these to ensure a nice AP ICET Exam appearance.
- ID Proof: Admit Card and ID proof are mandatory for every candidate. Without the ID card, the candidates will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Report Early: The candidate must reach the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam as the security checks, identity verification, and check-in may take a considerable time.
- Latecomers Not Allowed: If a candidate reaches the exam centre after the commencement of the exam then the candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- No Talking Inside the Examination Hall: The candidate is not allowed to talk to anybody during the examination. If the candidate is found doing the same, it will lead to cancellation of candidature of the candidate will be sent outside the examination hall without any warning.
- Restricted Items: Candidates shouldn't carry any Electronic Watches with a calculator, material printed or written, paper bits, mobile phone, pager or any other device, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables except the Admit Card, identity proof or any document inside the examination hall.
- Address: Sri Venkateswara University, TIRUPATI – 517 502, Andhra Pradesh
- Contact: 0877-2289559, 0877-2289410
- Email: [email protected]
- Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher education
- Other Address: Sree Mahendra Enclave, NRI Block (C-Block), I&II Floors, Opposite State Bank of India, Adjacent to NH-16, Tadepalli, Guntur-522501
- Alternate Contact: 08645-274468