WBJEE ranking system 2024 will include allocation of General Merit Rank & Pharmacy Merit Rank based on the WBJEE 2024 scores secured by the students.
The WBJEE ranking system 2024 can be broadly categorised into General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR). Candidates will be assigned ranks by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) on the basis of their WBJEE 2024 scores.
Those allocated GMR can gain admission to Btech and BPharm, whereas only the B.Pharm course is available for PMR candidates.
Table of Contents
- WBJEE Ranking System 2024
- WBJEE General Merit Rank 2024
- WBJEE Tie-Breaking Criteria 2024 for GMR
- WBJEE Pharmacy Merit Rank 2024
- WBJEE Tie-Breaking Criteria 2024 for PMR
- Final Tie-Breaking Rule for GMR and PMR
- WBJEE Rank Determinants 2024
- WBJEE Rank vs Marks 2024
- Steps to Check the WBJEE 2024 Merit List
- Top 5 WBJEE Participating Colleges and their Ranks
|WBJEE Result 2024
|WBJEE Counselling 2024
WBJEE Ranking System 2024
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) will publish 2 rank lists: General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR), for WBJEE 2024 counselling. Following the release of the merit list/rank list, the counselling process for WBJEE will take place. The following sections explain the WBJEE ranking system 2024 in detail.
WBJEE General Merit Rank 2024
WBJEE GMR, short for General Merit Rank, is assigned to the candidates based on their WBJEE scores in Paper 1: Maths and Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry.
As per the trends, the last WBJEE GMR rank rises up to 80,000 each year. Students must note that the WBJEE ranking system (GMR) begins in descending order.
Also Check: WBJEE Marks vs Rank 2024
WBJEE Tie-Breaking Policy 2024 for GMR
Every year more than 1 lakh+ candidates appear for the WBJEE exam, and hence 2 or more individuals can achieve the same marks. In this case, the authorities implement a tie-breaking policy to simplify the WBJEE ranking system.
Following is the detailed WBJEE GMR 2024 tie-breaking policy according to the WBJEE ranking system that must be followed in the same order as specified below.
- Students achieving the least negative scores in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry will get first preference in the rank list.
- In case the tie continues after applying the rule given above, the individual obtaining more positive scores in Mathematics & Physics will be given priority.
- If the tie is not resolved, those who secure more positive scores in Mathematics and Chemistry shall be preferred.
- The next rule to break the tie if it persists is to give preference to the students securing fewer negative scores in Maths and Physics.
- Candidates with less negative scores in Maths and Chemistry will be preferred in the rank list to further break the tie.
- If the tie carries forward even after implementing the above-mentioned rules, individuals achieving more positive scores for 2-mark Maths questions shall get preference.
- Students receiving more positive scores for 2-mark Physics questions shall get priority in case the tie does not break after the policies given above.
- Individuals with more positive scores for 2 mark Chemistry questions will be given preference if the tie still does not resolve.
- In case the tie exists, those who get fewer negative scores for 2-mark Mathematics questions will get a better rank.
- Students attaining less negative scores for 2-mark Physics questions shall get preference if the tie exists.
- Lastly, if the tie persists even after applying all the criteria, the older candidate will achieve a higher rank as per the WBJEE ranking system (GMR).
WBJEE Pharmacy Merit Rank 2024
WBJEE 2024 Pharmacy merit rank (PMR) will be given to the students according to the marks that they will secure in WBJEE 2024 Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry. The WBJEE ranking system (PMR) takes place in descending order and it has been observed that each year the last WBJEE PMR rank rises up to 50,000.
WBJEE Tie-Breaking Policy 2024 for PMR
Let us now discuss the WBJEE tie-breaking 2024 rules as per the WBJEE ranking system for PMR candidates. The authorities will utilise the following rules to break the tie in this case:
- The top preference will be given to the students obtaining less negative scores in Physics and Chemistry.
- In case of continuation of the tie, those achieving more positive scores in Chemistry shall get priority in the rank list.
- Individuals with fewer negative scores in Chemistry will get a better rank if the tie persists after implementing the above rules.
- Those securing more positive scores for 2 mark Chemistry questions shall get a higher rank if the tie does not resolve.
- Candidates obtaining less negative scores for 2 mark Chemistry questions will get preference if the tie continues.
- In case the tie exists, students receiving more positive scores for 2-mark Physics questions shall be preferred in the rank list.
- Individuals with fewer negative scores for 2-mark Physics questions will receive a better rank if the tie carries forward.
- Finally, if the tie is not resolved after implementing the rules stated above, the student who is older (age-wise) will achieve a higher rank.
Final Tie-Breaking Rule for GMR and PMR
If the tie continues even when the tie-breaking policies mentioned above have been applied, authorities will take into account the student's DOB, wherein the elder student will be preferred over the younger student.
WBJEEB will assign ranks to the candidates after publishing the WBJEE merit list 2024. Therefore, the WBJEE 2024 counselling process will take place on the basis of the ranks obtained by the applicants.
WBJEE Rank Determinants 2024
The WBJEE ranking system essentially follows 4 rules, due to which there is a variation in ranks in the WBJEE merit list from one candidate to another. Let us understand each of them in detail:
- Higher scores imply less crowd: If a candidate obtains high marks, there will be less competition for him/her since only a few number candidates will achieve scores in the upper bracket. However, there is not much variation in ranks due to scores.
- Fewer scores imply more crowd: If a candidate achieves fewer scores, the competition will be huge as many students would have attained marks under this bracket. Hence, in this case, even a 1 mark difference can result in a drop of 500-600 rank.
- Negative marking results in a rank drop: Even if 2 students secure the same scores, there can be a variation in the ranks. This is because of the fact that one of the candidates must have marked a great number of incorrect answers. Therefore, maintaining accuracy is very important for the WBJEE paper.
- Subject Priority: When 2 individuals get the same marks, the decision of their ranks is based on the priority of the subject. The subject priority basically denotes the no. of questions answered from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Therefore, the candidate who attempts more questions from the top priority subject gets a better rank.
WBJEE Rank vs Marks 2024
WBJEE rank vs marks 2024 analysis has been provided below as per the past years' trends so that candidates can understand what ranks might be awarded based on the marks secured.
Steps to Check the WBJEE 2024 Merit List
The WBJEE merit list 2024 will be released on the official website of WBJEEB. Once published, students can access the same by following the step-wise process mentioned below.
- Step 1: Students must go to the official website: wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Step 2: Next, they should look for the "WBJEE 2024 Merit List" link on the homepage and click on the same.
- Step 3: Then, a new tab will appear where candidates must provide their roll number and date of birth.
- Step 4: Further, the students should click on "Submit."
- Step 5: Lastly, the WBJEE merit list 2024 will be visible on the screen and can be downloaded by the candidates.
Top 5 WBJEE Participating Colleges and their Ranks
Students can check out the WBJEE colleges ranking of the top 5 colleges through the following table. They must achieve the ranks within the range mentioned below to gain admission into the premier colleges.
|Institute of Engineering and Management
|Heritage Institute of Technology
|Kalyani Government Engineering College
|Techno India University