Get admissions into Lucknow University now by writing the LUMAT 2021 Exam. LUMAT or Lucknow University Management Entrance Test is a state-level entrance test conducted by the University of Lucknow. Want to know more about LUMAT? Check out the Important Details, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and more in the article given below.
- What is LUMAT Exam?
- LUMAT 2021 Exam Date
- LUMAT 2021 Eligibility
- LUMAT 2021 Syllabus
- LUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- LUMAT 2021 Application Form
- LUMAT 2021 Exam Centres
- LUMAT 2021 Admit Card
- LUMAT 2021 Result
- LUMAT 2021 Counselling
- LUMAT Preparation
- LUMAT Reference Books
What is LUMAT Exam?
LUMAT or Lucknow University Management Entrance Test is a state-level entrance test conducted by the University of Lucknow for all candidates seeking admission in management programs (9 Management Programs) offered by the institution. The LUMAT examination is conducted by Lucknow University Management once every year. The LUMAT 2021 is an entrance exam that allows the candidates to apply for MBA (9 disciplines) at Lucknow University. The LUMAT 2021 examination is held once in a year for all candidates who are seeking admission for a management course in Lucknow University.
There are 540 seats available, including the Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) - 420 Seats and Department of Business Administration (DBA) - 120 Seats. LUMAT 2021 is state-level examination and candidates can either seek admission into the Department of Business Administration (DBA) or the Institute Of Management Science (IMS). The important details of the LUMAT Exam are given below:
|Overview of LUMAT 2021|
|Examination Stream||Management Courses|
|Examination Type||Postgraduate (MBA)|
|Examination Level||State Level|
|Frequency||once in a year|
|The number of Seats||420 (IMS) + 120 (DBA)|
LUMAT 2021 Exam Dates
All the dates mentioned below are tentative and the official dates will be updated on this website once the conducting authority releases the notification.
LUMAT 2021 application form will be available for all candidates from May 1, 2021 to Jun 1, 2021. LUMAT 2021 exam is expected to be scheduled on Jun 15, 2021. The authority will announce the result for LUMAT on the official website by Jul 1, 2021. The process of counseling for LUMAT 2021 will commence from Jul 1, 2021. All the candidates appearing for CAT can choose not to appear for LUMAT 2021. All the institutions under Lucknow University will provide admission based on the CAT 2020 percentile.
Given below is a list of LUMAT 2021 Important Dates.
|Event||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Application Form Start Date||May 1, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||Jun 1, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 24, 2021|
|LUMAT 2021 Exam Date||Jun 15, 2021|
|Result Declaration||Jul 1, 2021|
|Counselling Commencement||Jul 1, 2021|
Note: The important dates for LUMAT exam given here are tentative.
LUMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates must have a 10+2+3 degree certification from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks for all students belonging to General and OBC categories and a minimum of 45% marks for SC/ST in any stream. The candidates seeking admission in Lucknow University can either appear for LUMAT or CAT. The admission process will be based on the ranking of either of the exams as attempted by the student. Candidates appearing for their final year graduation examination are too Eligible to appear for LUMAT 2021. Those having valid CAT score will be having a choice to appear in the Entrance Test. In case they decide to appear in the LUMAT Exam then their CAT score will not be considered for preparing merit. Check LUMAT Eligibility to know more details about it.
|Basic Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university||
45% - SC/ ST/ PWD
LUMAT 2021 Syllabus
LUMAT 2021 syllabus is based on different topics like Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability, Logical Ability & Reasoning, Corporate Awareness, General Knowledge and English Language. Candidates can check the previous question papers for the LUMAT 2021 exam by visiting its official website.
LUMAT 2021 Syllabus is mentioned in the table below:
- Quantitative Aptitude
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Permutation and Combination|
- Aptitude and Reasoning
|Aptitude & Reasoning|
|Similarities and Differences|
|Arithmetical Number Series|
- General Awareness
LUMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The LUMAT 2021 Exam is conducted in offline mode only. The Exam pattern for the LUMAT exam is as follows - All the candidates appearing for the examination can attempt the LUMAT examination for some time up to 90 minutes. Each right answer will carry 4 marks while a wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 1 mark. The total sections in the exam will be four: General awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and Communication ability.
|Exam Mode||Offline Centre based test|
|Exam duration||90 minutes|
|Exam format||MCQ Format|
|Total Questions||100 Questions|
|Marks per Correct answer||4 marks|
|Marks per the wrong answer||1 mark|
LUMAT 2021 Application Form
The Application form of LUMAT 2021 will be made available to all candidates from May 1, 2021 to Jun 1, 2021. Candidates must fill the application with valid details and must proceed with the application payment to gain access to the LUMAT 2021 admit card required to appear for the exam. The payment can be done online through Credit/Debit Card/ Net banking or offline by paying the fee at the registered LUMAT 2021 examination centres.
Exam fees: For OBC/General category it is INR 2000 (INR 3000 with late fee) and for SC/ST candidates it is INR 1000.00 (INR 2000 with late fee). Please read the declaration before you click the submit button.
|LUMAT Application Form Related Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of LUMAT Application Form||May 1, 2021|
|Last date for Submission of LUMAT Application Form||Jun 1, 2021|
|Availability of LUMAT Admit Card||May 24, 2021|
Note: The dates given are tentative and they are subject to change.
How to apply for LUMAT Exam?
LUMAT (Lucknow University Management Aptitude Test) Application Process - Candidates willing to apply for the UG and PG programs at Lucknow University have to fill in the LUMAT 2021 Application Form online. Once you are done with downloading the Application Form, candidates have to pay the fee online using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking or by cash through Challan at any ICICI Bank Branch.
Lucknow University Application Process - MBA
- Candidates who are willing to apply for MBA courses and also all those who are appearing for CAT first have to first fill in the CAT registration form.
- Once you are done with it, the candidate has to fill in the University application form. It is mandatory to mention the CAT registration number on the LU Application form.
Application Fees - The application fee for different courses at Lucknow University Management Aptitude Test is given below -
LU Application Fee for LUMAT/ LUGMAT -
|General/ OBC||INR 2000|
|SC/ ST||INR 1000|
LU Application Fee for MEd -
|General/ OBC||INR 1600|
|SC/ ST||INR 1000|
LU Application Fee for BPEd / MPEd/ LUCSAT -
|General/ OBC||INR 800|
|SC/ ST||INR 400|
LUMAT 2021 Exam Centres
The examination will be held in these other test centres given below only if sufficient candidates appear for the exam or else the examination will be conducted only in Lucknow. The candidates can appear for the LUMAT Exam based on the Exam centres and Exam schedule they are comfortable with. The conducting authority does not accept requests for change in Exam centres once it is allocated for LUMAT Exam. There are 8 centres for LUMAT Exam, located all over India in which the candidate can choose up any centre.
LUMAT 2021 Admit Card
The LUMAT 2021 admit card will be made available for all candidates from May 24, 2021 and can obtain it from the official website of LUMAT 2021.
- Credentials: All the candidates have to enter their credentials to log in to the official website, to download LUMAT 2021 Admit Card.
- Note: Candidates to get entry into the LUMAT exam hall, they need to carry the admit card or hall ticket for LUMAT 2021 exam.
These are the details that are present in the Admit Card of LUMAT 2021 :
- Name of the Candidate
- Application ID
- Photograph & Signature of the Candidate
- Exam Time and Date
- Examination Centre
LUMAT 2021 Result
LUMAT 2021 results will be announced from Jul 1, 2021 on the official website of LUMAT 2021. The candidate must enter his/her registration number and password to gain access to the results. Candidates can check their results and merit list online only.
They will not entertain offline mode for the announcement of the LUMAT 2021 Result.
How to check LUMAT 2021 results?
To check the LUMAT 2021 results, candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the LUMET Official Website.
- Click on the Overall Merit List of MBA /MTTM
- The candidate will be redirected to a page where the merit list will appear on the screen
LUMAT 2021 Counselling
LUMAT 2021 counselling process will begin on Jul 1, 2021.
- Scorecard: The scorecard for LUMAT 2021 will be published online and the candidates need to go to the web portal to see the results.
- Procedure: Students who secure good ranking in the LUMAT 2021 exam will be shortlisted for the LUMAT 2021 Counselling procedure.
Important Instructions for LUMAT 2021
The instructions related to the online admissions are given here, which are authorized under the Act, Ordinances, Rules & Regulations of the University.
- Gap Certificate: If there is a gap in taking admission after graduation/qualifying examination, then a certificate by the Notary on Rs. 10.00 Stamp paper has to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Candidates who want to avail of the benefit of reservation or zero fees have to give the details of the related certificates during the filling of the Online application form. No candidate will get permission for any change in weight or reservation after the form is submitted.
- The detailed information on the admission procedure will be displayed on the University website. Candidates are advised to check for updates regularly on the University website.
- After the declaration of the merit list, a copy of the list will be displayed on the University website. The candidate himself/herself will find his/her merit number from the merit list. The merit list will not be published in the newspaper.
- The Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates of other states will be treated as general.
- All fees deposited at the time of registration will not be refunded under any circumstances. As directed by the Honorable Supreme Court, action will be taken against the students who indulge in incidence like ragging during studentship.
- Those candidates who have been expelled from any college/institution or found guilty under the Indian Penal Code are not eligible to apply for any course at the University of Lucknow.
- The reservation shall be given as permissible under the Uttar Pradesh Government / University Rules.
- Reservation and income certificates shall be verified on the internet.
How to prepare for LUMAT Exam?
Here are some of the instructions that can help the candidates appearing for the LUMAT Exam to prepare and obtain a good score in the examination. The candidates have enough time to understand the LUMAT MBA 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus to make some strategies for preparation.
The tips and tricks to prepare for LUMAT Exam is as follows -
- Give yourself enough time to review what you have studied and make sure that you understand it. Last-minute cramming should be avoided as it makes you much less productive. Ideally, revise each subject as you study, and make sure that you completely understand as this will make preparation much easier. Ultimately, the best tip is to start studying early.
- Try to solve the sample and previous year's question papers to get a clear idea about the pattern of the test paper, types of questions that might be asked in the entrance test of the LUMAT MBA 2019 exam, and above all, the difficulty level of the exam.
- For the general knowledge section, keep yourself updated with all the latest and current happening. Make sure that you read newspapers daily which will help you keep yourself updated.
- Prepare a time table for yourself. Allot time for each subject according to their difficulty level. Take breaks in between while studying. This will help you to be more organized and soon you will start to enjoy studying. Don't forget to take care of yourself as you prepare for the examination. It is very necessary to be in a good physical and mental state before appearing for the exam. Don't stay up too late at night and try to get a good night's sleep.
LUMAT Reference Books
The candidates can refer to the syllabus and LUMAT reference books to prepare well for the Exam. Refer to the books mentioned in the table given below to prepare yourself for LUMAT 2021 Exam.
|Mathematics for MBA Entrance Examination||Dr. R. S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||Dr. R. S. Aggarwal|
|The Pearson Complete Guide to the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha|
|Mission MBA MAT Guide||BS Sijwali and Tarun Goyal|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||Dr. R. S. Aggarwal|
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations||Dinesh Khattar|
|Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/ XAT/ IIFT and other exams||Bharti Patodi and Aditya Choudhary|
Address: University of Lucknow,`
Email: [email protected]
Are candidates admitted into the course based on the CAT score?
Yes. Candidates are admitted into various courses in Lucknow University based on their CAT score.
Are there any other rounds for the selection of candidates in Lucknow University?
All the candidates should participate in the personal interview round irrespective of the mode of admission (either based on CAT or LUMAT score).
Should a candidate with a valid CAT score write LUMAT?
No. Candidates with a valid CAT score are exempted from writing LUMAT. But if such candidates attempt LUMAT, admission for that candidate will be based on the LUMAT score.
Is LUMAT conducted in offline mode?
Yes. The exam is conducted in offline mode only.
What is the minimum qualification required for the candidate?
Candidates from the general category should have scored a minimum of 50% in their Bachelor\'s degree. Candidates from the reserved category are given a relaxation of 5%
What is the marking scheme in LUMAT?
Correct answers will be awarded three marks and for every incorrect answer, there will be a deduction of 1 mark.
What is the exam pattern for LUMAT?
The LUMAT question paper will consist of four sections. Namely, Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability, Logical Ability & Reasoning, General Knowledge, English Language.
What is the application form fee of LUMAT 2020?
LUMAT 2020 application form fee will be INR 1000 (INR 2000 with late fee) for candidates from the general and OBC category. The fee will be INR 500 (INR 1500 with late fee) for candidates from SC and ST candidates.
What are the documents that are to be uploaded?
A recent passport size color photograph and scanned copy of the signature should be uploaded in the application form. They should be in JPEG format with a maximum size of 50 KB.
Where are the exam centers located?
The exam centres for LUMAT is located in various cities across India.