Engineering courses after 12th grade may help students innovate and enhance their scientific and math skills. The article includes a list of engineering courses after 12th and their career scope.
The list of engineering courses after 12th grade is extensive, with fields such as Marine, Biomedical, Chemical, Mining, Petroleum, Nuclear, Agricultural, and others offering some of the most sought-after courses. Most of these engineering courses are designed to be completed at the undergraduate or diploma level within 3-4 years.
Table of Contents:
- List of Engineering Courses after 12th
- Types of Engineering Courses After 12th
- Why Pursue Engineering Courses after 12th?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- Entrance Exams
- Top Colleges
- Career Scope
List of Engineering Courses after 12th
Engineering courses after 12th provide students with a solid scientific and math foundation and the ability to create and develop new products and technologies. Most engineering curricula are four years long.
Undergraduate Engineering Courses after 12th
To become an engineer, the most popular and sought-after undergraduate engineering courses after 12th are:
Diploma Engineering Courses after 12th
Diploma engineering courses after 12th teach students to create & construct technology solutions, think critically, and comprehend the physical world. Students might also opt for three-year diploma engineering courses after 12th mentioned below:
|Engineering Courses After 12th||Average Fees (INR)|
|Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering||60000|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||9000|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||9000 to 1.9 lakhs|
|Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering||1.2 lakhs|
|Diploma in Biomedical Engineering||1.3 lakhs|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||30000|
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering||15000 to 1 lakh|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering||50000 to 2 lakhs|
|Diploma in Mechatronics||1 to 3 lakhs|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering||30000 to 2.5 lakhs|
|Diploma in Production Engineering||45000|
|Diploma in Sound Engineering||3.5 lakhs|
|Diploma in Software Engineering||13000|
|Diploma in Computer Programming and Software Engineering||5000 to 12000|
|Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering||4 lakhs|
|Diploma in Automation and Robotics||1.3 lakhs|
|Certificate Course in Sound Engineering||30000|
|Certification in Software Engineering||2 lakhs|
Also Read on Engineering Courses after 10th
Types of Engineering Courses After 12th
There are several engineering courses after 12th, each with its own coursework and career opportunities. Some of the most common types of engineering courses after 12th in India are as follows:
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Computer Science Engineering||
Automation and Robotics
|Computer Science and Engineering||
Why Pursue Engineering Courses after 12th?
Students who take engineering courses after 12th develop the expertise they need to become experts in the related field. Engineering courses after 12th have several benefits, which include:
- The impact on society - Engineers are essential to our society's development and the enhancement of our daily lives. They create new technology, establish infrastructure, and solve complicated challenges to improve our lives.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving - Scientists and engineers learn to think analytically and apply reason to difficulties. This is a useful skill that graduates can use in various fields.
- High-income potential - Engineers often make high wages and have stable employment, which may contribute to a decent lifestyle.
- Versatility - Engineering has several disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, computer, and biological. This allows students to explore their areas of strongest interest within engineering.
- Career opportunities - From industry and transportation to technology and construction, engineers are in demand. In other words, there are many job options for those who study engineering courses after 12th.
- Continuous learning - Engineers must continually learn new technologies, trends, and tools since engineering is always changing. This might make their career both difficult and intriguing.
- Global opportunities - Engineers are in great demand worldwide, so students who study engineering courses after 12th have numerous options to work and travel overseas.
|Software Engineering Courses after 12th||Chemical Engineering Courses after 12th|
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses after 12th
To be eligible for engineering courses after 12th, one must have finished the 12th grade from a recognized board with a minimal PCM average of 50-55%. Depending on the subject and college, the requirements may vary slightly; however, the following are the basic criteria:
- A least 50%-55% aggregate in 12th grade from a recognized board is required.
- The SC/ST students get a mark relaxation and are admitted with a score of 45%.
- Candidates must take science subjects in 12th grade: Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- Some institutes also require students to have an understanding of the English language.
- It's also important to clear national, state, or university-level entrance exams.
Engineering Courses After 12th: Admission Process
There are two main options to enroll in engineering courses after 12th grade. The first is merit-based admissions, while the second is entrance exam-based admissions. The standard admission procedure for engineering courses after 12th usually includes the following steps:
- Step 1 - Select engineering college and fill out the application form.
- Step 2 - Verify the eligibility requirements for the selected course.
- Step 3 - Qualify for the minimum cutoff in the relevant entrance examination.
- Step 4 - Participate in the counseling session after the release of the merit list.
- Step 5 - Complete the process of document verification.
- Step 6 - Accept the offer of admission and pay the fees to secure the seat.
|Marine Engineering Courses After 12th||Software Engineering Courses after 10th|
Engineering Courses after 12th: Entrance Exams
Students who want to enroll in engineering courses after 12th-grade year must take the entrance test. Several top institutions, including private and public universities, conduct or accept engineering entrance exams.
The most popular entrance exams for engineering courses after 12th are:
SRM Institute of Science and Technology
Manipal Academy of Higher Education
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
Top Colleges Offering Engineering Courses after 12th
Students may choose from various engineering courses after 12th, from classic mechanical engineering to advanced technologies like artificial intelligence and robots. The top 35 colleges offering the best engineering courses after 12th are:
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- LPU Jalandhar
- CGC Landran
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Tiruchirappalli
- UPES Dehradun
- Chitkara University Chandigarh
- KL University Guntur
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri
- IIT Indore
- IIT (BHU) Varanasi
- REVA University, Bangalore
- Jain University, Bangalore
- MIT-WPU Pune
- NIIT University, Neemrana
- Anna University
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- Jadavpur University
- ICT Mumbai
- National Institute of Technology Warangal
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science And Technology
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- National Institute of Technology Calicut
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Ropar
- NIT Karnataka
- IIT - Indian School of Mines
Engineering Courses after 12th: Career Scope
Engineers are the backbone of contemporary civilization and essential to national progress. Engineers are in demand across all sectors, including IT, automotive, aerospace, medical, robotics, AI, and other related fields. The most promising professions for those who study engineering courses after 12th are:
|Job Role||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|Mechanical Engineer||3.6 lakhs|
|Civil Engineer||3.1 lakhs|
|Computer Engineer||2.8 lakhs|
|Maintenance Engineer||3 lakhs|
|Data Scientists||9 lakhs|
|Research Scientists||7.2 lakhs|
|Software Engineer||5.8 lakhs|
Few more career options after engineering courses after 12th are:
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Architectural Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Full stack Developer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Web Developer
- Marine Engineer
- Indian Engineering Services Officer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
Engineering courses after 12th teach engineering principles and allow students to apply them to real-world problems. Therefore engineers are highly valued for their ability to think critically and creatively and solve complex problems. Engineering is considered a safe and solid career option since it is always in demand.