JEST 2023 result is expected to be declared on Apr 18, 2023. The official date for the result declaration will be announced soon by the conducitng body. Candidates can find the detailed exam schedule in the article below.
Latest Updates on JEST
- Mar 27, 2023: JEST result 2023 is expected to be declared on Apr 18, 2023.
|JEST Cutoff 2023||JEST Answer Key 2023|
The joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is the apt exam for candidates who aspire to pursue higher education in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science, Neuroscience, and Computational Biology. This exam is conducted jointly by several premier institutes like IISc, IISERs, NISER, and so on.
Table of Contents
- JEST 2023 Result
- JEST 2023 Exam Date
- About JEST Exam
- JEST 2023 Admit Card
- JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
- JEST 2023 Syllabus
- JEST 2023 Exam Centres
- JEST Preparation Tips
- Contact Details
JEST 2023 Result
JEST result 2023 is anticipated to be released on Apr 18, 2023. JEST 2023 results will be announced by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). Candidates who will appear for the exam can check their JEST Results on the official website.
How to Check the JEST 2023 Results?
The steps to check the JEST 2023 results are mentioned below.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the Official website of JEST.
- Step 2: Check for the JEST 2023 Results link, which appears on the left side menu.
- Step 3: Enter the Username and password of the candidate.
- Step 4: The JEST 2023 Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Candidates can download the mark sheet and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Candidates are informed that if they have secured the qualifying marks in JEST Entrance Exam 2023 exam. They must complete the admission process, as mentioned by the participating institutes. Candidates should contact the respective institute of their choice to get more details about the interview procedure if they have qualified JEST Exam 2023. The interview dates for each institute are different and can be checked on the official website of the JEST.
Read More: JEST Results
JEST 2023 Important Dates
JEST 2023 exam was conducted on Mar 26, 2023. JEST 2023 result is expected to be declared on Apr 18, 2023, on the official website. Given below are the tentative JEST 2023 Exam Dates.
|Date of release of the JEST Admit Card||Mar 16, 2023|
|JEST 2023 Exam Date||Mar 26, 2023|
|JEST 2023 Provisional Answer Key Release Date||Mar 2023|
|JEST 2023 Revised Answer Key Date||Mar 2023|
|Result Publication||Apr 18, 2023|
|JEST 2023 Counselling Date||Apr 2023|
|Start Date of the Application Process||Jan 27, 2023|
|Application form last date||Mar 3, 2023|
Read More: JEST 2023 Exam Dates
About JEST Exam
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) will release the official notification for JEST 2023 soon on the official website.
The Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test (NET). The students who are working or doing their research in Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) related programs will get an enhanced fellowship. They must also qualify NET to be eligible for the same. There are around 30 institutions/colleges participating and accepting the JEST 2023 Score.
- Level and Frequency: The Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted at the National level. This examination is conducted once a year in the month of April.
- Mode of Paper: The JEST Exam is conducted as a pen and paper-based test (offline). The JEST Question Paper consists of 3 parts, comprising Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
The eligibility examination holds good for candidates who have qualified for the NET examination to be able to avail the benefits of clearing the JEST 2023 examination. Candidates who are looking forward to upskilling themselves in the field of Science and Engineering must possess the required eligibility along with the skill set to proceed further in their career. The details such as JEST Full Form and other information relevant to JEST Exam 2023 are tabulated below.
|Full Form||Joint Entrance Screening Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducted by||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
|Helpdesk||022 2278 2000|
JEST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The authority sets certain requirements for the candidates willing to apply for the JEST Exam 2023. Some of them are nationality, age limit, educational qualification, reservation, domicile and many more. If in any of the cases the candidate is not meeting the requirements, then the authority may cancel their application for the academic session. Before registering and appearing for the JEST Exam 2023, candidates must check all the eligibility criteria. The age-wise and education-wise JEST Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below.
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for JEST 2023. The eligibility criteria for different Integrated Program varies from one institute to the other.
The eligibility criteria for academic qualification for the candidates are listed below.
|PhD (Physics)||M.Sc. in Physics is the qualifying degree. Some institutions also accept B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc./M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics.|
|PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science and related streams.|
|PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.|
|PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech/MCA in any discipline or science with some mathematical skills and sound knowledge of biological problems.|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech-Ph.D (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics/Mathematics). For NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering (Physics) with 60% and above.
For IIA, B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics will also be considered.
IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered.
|Integrated PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related discipline.|
|Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D. at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics.|
|Integrated PhD at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline.|
Students can also visit the official website to know more about eligibility for JEST.
Read More: JEST Eligibility Criteria
JEST 2023 Application Form
JEST application form 2023 registration process concluded on Mar 3, 2023. Once assured that they meet the eligibility criteria, candidates must proceed to fill out the JEST 2023 application form. The entire application process for JEST 2023 is detailed below for your reference.
As per the official notification for the JEST 2023 exam, the candidates can register for JEST 2023 on the official website. The application form was released on Jan 27, 2023, and the last date to register was Mar 3, 2023.
- Candidates should pay the fixed registration amount during the application process.
- Registration fee is to be paid online through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking and no other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
|General Candidates||INR 400|
|SC/ST Candidates||INR 200|
|Female Candidates||INR 200|
Documents to Upload
- Candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- For signature, candidates must use a Black ball pen. If the photograph on the admit card is not printed then you have to stick a passport-size photo on the place.
|Photograph||less than 100 Kb||Jpeg||100*125 to 240*300|
|Signature||less than 100 Kb||Jpeg||100*125 to 50*30|
The fee once paid will not be refunded again. If the candidate pays the fee two times unknowingly, the refund is possible only if it is brought to the notice of the concerned authorities.
Even if the amount is refunded, the processing fee will be deducted and given to the candidate. If the amount did not reach the candidate's account it will automatically be refunded to the Payment Gateway provider.
JEST 2023 Application Process
Candidates were able to fill out the application form for the JEST Exam 2023 on the official website. The application process for this exam was online. Interested candidates can go through the steps given below to register themselves successfully for JEST 2023.
How to Fill Up the Application Form for JEST Entrance Exam?
The step-by-step process to complete the JEST 2023 Application Form is given below.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website. On the homepage, click on the 'JEST 2023' Link.
- Step 2: Register as a new user using a personal email ID and create a password. Login to the JEST 2023 home page by entering the registered mail ID and password.
- Step 3: Fill in all the personal details such as candidate's name, date of birth, gender, communication address, programme and test centre preference etc. Candidates should also enter his/her education qualification details such as class 10th and 12th marks, year of passing, board name etc.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned copy of the candidate's photograph and signature as per the specifications (format and size). Review and verify all the details mentioned by the candidate. In case of any errors, the candidate must modify them before paying the application fee.
- Step 5: In the final step, candidates need to pay the JEST 2023 application fee through debit card/credit card or by net banking. After the payment, an official mail will be sent as an acknowledgement to the candidate. The aspirants can take a printout of the email or save it for future needs.
Read More: JEST 2023 Application Form
JEST 2023 Admit Card
JEST admit card 2023 was released on the official website on Mar 16, 2023. All eligible aspirants can download the hall ticket from the official website. Carrying a hard copy of the admit card to the exam centre was mandatory. Candidates found without an admit card were not allowed to give the exam.
Steps to Download JEST 2023 Admit Card
The process of downloading the admit card has been made easy by following the steps given below. JEST 2023 admit card will be available on the admit card release date which is set by the Board. Candidates must follow these steps to download the JEST 2023 Admit Card.
- Step1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Search for the JEST 2023 Admit Card on the homepage.
- Step 3: Open the JEST 2023 Admit Card link, and enter your username and password.
- Step 4: By entering the correct details, the admit card will be visible.
- Step 5: Download it and take a printout. Check all the details on the Admit Card. If any changes are required, contact the JEST authorities immediately.
Admit Card contains the candidate's details like name, roll number, father's name, signature, photograph, date of birth, test centre address, examination date, reporting time, examination duration, do’s & don’ts of the exam.
|JEST Syllabus 2023||JEST Books 2023|
JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should know the JEST 2023 Exam Pattern before attempting the exam to crack the paper and score better than other candidates.
- Number of Questions: JEST Exam 2023 paper will consist of 50 questions divided into 3 parts.
- Type of Questions: The questions comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in all three parts. 15, 10 and 25 questions are asked from Part A, part B and Part C respectively.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme for all the papers is listed below.
- For Part A: 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect answer.
- For Part B: 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and no marks will be deducted for the incorrect answer.
- For Part C: 1 mark will be awarded for the correct answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted for the incorrect answer.
|JEST EXAM PATTERN|
|Total number of questions||50|
|Number of sections||3 (A, B, and C)|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|The medium of question paper||English|
JEST 2023 Sectional Marking Scheme
Following is the sectional marking scheme for correct and incorrect answers in JEST Exam 2023. There is no negative marking applicable for incorrect responses in Part B.
|Section||No. of questions||Marks for each correct answer||Marks for each incorrect answer|
|Part B||10||+3||No negative marking|
|Maximum marks||100 Marks|
Read More: JEST 2023 Exam Pattern
JEST 2023 Syllabus
Candidates aspiring for the JEST Exam 2023 must have a clear idea about the syllabus for each programme. JEST 2023 Syllabus varies for different programs from institute to institute. The topic-wise syllabus is given below.
- Elements of probability theory
- Curvilinear coordinate systems
- Vector algebra and vector calculus,
- Tensors and linear algebra
- Elements of Sturm–Liouville theory
- Special functions
- Complex analysis
- Fourier series and Fourier transform
- Linear differential equations
- Laplace transforms
- Elementary properties of discrete groups and error analysis.
- Symmetry and conservation laws
- Newton’s laws
- Generalized coordinates
- Conservation of energy, momentum and collisions
- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations of mechanics
- Small oscillations and normal modes
- Central force problem
- Kepler problem
- Special relativity in classical mechanics.
Electromagnetism & Optics
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics
- Multipole expansion
- Fields in conducting and boundary value problems
- Faraday’s law and time-varying fields,
- Diamagnetic and paramagnetic media
- Displacement current and Maxwell’s equations
- Energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields
- Reflection, refraction, diffraction and interference
- Propagation of plane electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media
- The variational principle
- Schrodinger equation
- The uncertainty principle and central potentials
- The hydrogen atom and Orbital and spin angular momenta
- Addition of angular momenta
- Hermitian operators
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory
- Unitary transformations
- Time-independent and dependent perturbation theory
Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
- Elements of kinetic theory
- Work and heat
- Thermodynamic potentials
- Laws of thermodynamics
- Statistical ensembles
- Maxwell’s relations
- Partition function
- Harmonic oscillators
- Classical and quantum statistics
- Classical ideal gas
- Fermi and Bose gases
- Black body radiation
- Statistics of paramagnetism
- Basics of semiconductor
- p-n junctions
- Active filters and oscillators
- LCR circuits
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications
- Basics of digital electronics
Read More: JEST 2023 Syllabus
JEST Exam Centres 2023
Candidates can choose the most convenient test city while applying for the exam. There will be 34 exam centers for the JEST 2023 Exam. The list is presented in the table below.
- For Kozhikode (If this centre has no sufficient applications, then the Second option will be allotted).
- For Mangalore (If this centre has no sufficient applications, then the Second option will be allotted).
Read More: JEST Exam Centres
JEST 2023 Answer Key
The revised JEST 2023 answer key and question paper will be available on the official website. The conducting body will release the provisional answer key. Candidates must enter the login credentials such as the username/ email ID and password to access the answer key.
Read More: JEST 2023 Answer Key
JEST 2023 Counselling
JEST 2023 counselling will commence after the results are declared. Candidates must note that there will not be any centralized admission process for admission by any particular institute. Those candidates who have successfully qualified JEST Exam 2023 will be called by the JEST Colleges for the counselling and admission process.
Documents Required for JEST 2023 Counselling
Candidates must bring the following documents to the college or institute at the time of JEST 2023 Counselling.
- 12 Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- JEST 2023 Admit card
- JEST 2023 Scorecard
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
Participating JEST Colleges
JEST Exam 2023 and score are accepted by various institutes as mentioned below. Candidates must note that each JEST participating college has its own eligibility criteria for admission.
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES)
- Bose Institute Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- International Centre for theoretical sciences (ICTS)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Bhopal Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Kolkata Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Mohali Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Pune Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Thiruvananthapuram Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
- Institute of Physics (IOP)
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC)
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (NCRA-TIFR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
- Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
- Raman Research Institute (RRI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP)
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS)
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TIFR-TCIS)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)
Read More: JEST 2023 Counselling
JEST 2023 Preparation Tips
For scoring well in the qualifying examination, candidates must prepare some strategies to crack the JEST 2023 Entrance Exam. Some preparation tips that should be followed to secure good marks are listed below. Candidates can refer them and prepare accordingly for the exam.
- Make a proper schedule.
- Must have a good knowledge of the exam syllabus & pattern.
- Solve previous year's papers as much as possible.
- Attempt mock tests to manage time efficiently.
- Focus more on important topics
- Prepare short notes as per the topics listed in the syllabus.
- Do a quick revision.
- Study at least 8-10 hours per day.
Above all candidates must have the self-confidence that will help them to crack the exam.
For any information related to JEST Entrance Exam 2023, candidates can contact the below-mentioned address.
Address: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Navy Nagar,
Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Phone: 022 2278 2000
Email ID: [email protected]
What does the JEST 2023 exam stand for?
JEST full form is the Joint Entrance Screening Test. The Science Engineering Research Board (SERB) recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test (NET).
What is the age boundary to be eligible for applying for the JEST 2023 exam?
There is no age boundary for the candidate appearing for JEST. The Eligibility Criteria for different Integrated Program varies from one institute to the other.
What is the difficulty level of the JEST 2023 Exam?
The difficulty level of JEST lies in between that of IITJAM and CSIR NET physical sciences examination. But JEST is considered to be quiet difficult because of the reason that JEST qualification alone doesn't guarantee any admission.
What is the maximum times a candidate can apply for the exam?
The candidates can apply any number of times for the JEST Exam as there are no restrictions for it.
I am currently pursuing B. Tech degree in Mechanical/ Aeronautical Engineering. Will I be eligible for appearing in the JEST examination?
JEST exam is a screening test for admission to Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D programme of various participating institutes. The educational qualifications required for admission to these courses are different in each institute. Candidates are requested to check with the official website of the concerned college/institution to know more about their qualification requirement.