List of B.Sc fields list with details on Objective, Major Subjects, Course Details, Eligibility Criteria, Salary, and Colleges.
So if anyone is studying 12th science and the wonder what the courses one could take to mold to their future are. Of course, there are a wide choice of courses and the option of doing professional courses such as Engineering, Medical or Architecture. a person knows that choosing engineering or medicine could be wise and most preferred but once they begin to think is this all that there is to do. Frighten not! there are many courses anyone could do after 12th science by getting to do the graduate course in Science, which in other words is the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
Table of Contents
Also Read: Complete Listing of Courses after 12th
Introduction to B.Sc
With the mushrooming of private engineering institutes and encouraging many students to choose this stream, the bachelor's program in science has lost its sheen. But bachelor’s programs still have it all and still stand the best course after 12th science. If anyone did not score well in their class 12, they could still choose to do the B.Sc and embark on new opportunities after the bachelor's program. The Bachelor of Science is a 3-year program to which students can apply after class 12.
In this article, we have factored the best B.Sc courses after class 12th science. B.Sc is a degree course that entails them to get a graduate degree. It can be a part-time or full-time course. The basic course forms the core of physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, and Mathematics. After the aspirant completes this even further, they can even pursue a master’s degree in Science (M.Sc) after their B.Sc course and get into research or other professional job-related courses. However, there are other courses which we will mention in this article.
B.Sc Fields list
We would like to highlight here the various courses in B.Sc. Simply put, there are two ways to look at this. One is the regular course, and the other is specialist courses.
These below-given courses have a minimum requirement of a 12th science pass:
Here is the set of Specialist courses listed below:
As mentioned above, we are detailing some of the best B.Sc courses after 12th, which they could switch to if they have the passion and are interested in cultivating into their careers.
B.Sc Maths stands for Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. A B.Sc Mathematics program is a three-year major that involves number analysis, structure, transitions, and space. Those who complete a B.Sc Mathematics degree will find employment within the finance, IT, and research industries.
- Eligibility: Math, Chemistry, and Physics are required in high school to be eligible for B.Sc Mathematics. B.Sc Mathematics requires students to score a minimum of 65% on the class 12th exam. Some institutes may demand aspirants to give an entrance exam.
- Objective: Providing solid instruction in fundamental aspects of mathematical knowledge and its application, the B.Sc in Mathematics' main objective is to prepare students for the professional world of mathematics.
- Course Details: The B.Sc Mathematics focuses on developing skills in algebra, calculus, and data analysis. A semester-based B.Sc Maths curriculum encompasses geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and other theories.
- Major Subjects: Calculus, Probability, Statistics, Algebra, Real Analysis, Communication Skills, Linear Differential Equations, Group Theory, Matrices, Analytical Geometry, Fourier Analysis, Metric Space, Ring Theory, Computer Application, Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods, etc.
- Salary: The scope and salary of a B.Sc. Maths graduates are based on various factors, including experience, study subjects, specialty, domain of expertise, and location. A B.Sc Maths job salary of INR 7.56 LPA is typically expected for graduates.
B.Sc Mathematics Institutes in India
Many institutes in India offer this coursefamousThere are six semesters but here are some leading institutions.
- Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
- Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
- Shivaji University, Vidyanagar
Non-medical students usually find engineering does not interest them after finishing class 12. Students can explore a whole new world of possibilities with a B.Sc. in physics. Aside from that, the subject is versatile since you can choose either to work on old theories or to develop new ones. An individual wishing to pursue this field must possess a logical approach. It is also necessary for students who want to pursue this field to have strong reasoning skills and deal with complex problems.
The Bachelor of Science in Physics is an undergraduate course where students study the basics of physics. B.Sc in Physics degree provides essential knowledge in quantum mechanics, electromagnetics, optics, calculus, semiconductors, waves, statistics, etc.
There are six semesters during the B.Sc program, and each semester's physics syllabus includes theory, lab, and practical exams.
- Objective: The basic aim of this course is to teach fundamentals in physics, including force, electromagnetism, waves, optics, etc
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants to the B.Sc Physics program must have completed their 10th and 10+2 grades with at least a 50% grade for physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. This course is available to people aged 18-21.
- Course Details: A B.Sc degree in Physics comprises six semesters of physics, math, and chemistry. Aside from taking elective subjects each semester, students must complete practicals.
- Major Subjects: Classical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Photonics, Relativistic Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Atomic Physics, Molecular Physics, Optics and Acoustics, Condensed Matter Physics, High-energy Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, etc.
- Salary: The salary for a Physics B.Sc varies according to experience, study subjects, the field of specialization, area of expertise, and location. In India, the salary for B.Sc Physics graduates ranges between INR 4- 6 LPA.
B.Sc Physics Institutes in India
The following schools offer B.Sc Physics courses:
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Stephen's College, New Delhi
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Howrah
- St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Miranda House, New Delhi
After completing 12th from a science stream, one can apply to the three-year B.Sc Chemistry course. Students of this course will study organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and general chemistry. Aspirants with a B.Sc Chemistry degree can work as forensic scientists, geochemists, hazardous waste chemists, materials scientists, pharmacologists, toxicologists, and water chemists.
- Objective: The B.Sc Chemistry course aims to cover different aspects of Chemistry, such as organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry.
- Course Details: The B.Sc Chemistry program is divided into four sections: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Analytical Chemistry as well as elective courses in Analytical Methods in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, and Industrial Chemicals and Environment
- Major Subjects: Chemoinformatics, Basic Analytical Chemistry, IT Skills for Chemists, Business Skills for Chemists, Analytical Clinical Biochemistry, Intellectual Property Rights, Chemical Technology & Society, Green Methods in Chemistry, etc.
- Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility Criterion: Admission to the B.Sc Chemistry program requires completing the 10+2 or passing of an exam from any recognized school or board. As a threshold for qualifying for specific examinations, colleges typically ask for a minimum of 50 - 55% aggregate score.
- Salary: Jobs with B.Sc Chemistry degrees having a lot of scope in new sectors such as chemicals are in high demand in India with a handsome salary starting from INR 2- 4 LPA.
B.Sc Chemistry Institutes in India
The following schools offer B.Sc Chemistry courses:
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Banaras
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- University of Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- Hindu College, Delhi
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
This course is one great alternative to the B.E./B.Tech. Agriculture Engineering program. As India is primarily rustic, this field will always have an umpteen number of job opportunities. Qualified professionals are always respected for their contribution to this field.
- Objective: The course is designed to equip students with agricultural practices, and it involves extensive research into agricultural methods for increasing productivity and yield.
- Course Details: The course duration is four years long, and it is a Degree program consisting of topics ranging from agriculture science, including the use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, to land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal and poultry management, basics of biotechnology.
- Major Subjects: Agriculture (Agronomy), Forestry, Veterinary Science, Fisheries, Home Science, and Horticulture.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who have passed 12th science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects and have passed the board examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 40-50% marks. In addition, students must have appeared for state-level entrance examinations, including ICAR AIEEA.
- Salary: The initial salary varies from INR 2- 4.50 LPA, with government jobs paying more than the private sector.
B.Sc. Agriculture Institutes In India
Government or state-run institutes are working on low tuition fees to private educational or charitable trusts charging higher tuition fees. Some popular agriculture institutes in India are:
- Anand Agricultural University, Anand
- Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi
- Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari
- Parul University, Vadodra
- College of Agriculture, Vellayani
- Calicut University, Mallapuram
- College of Agricultural Biotechnology, Pune
- College of Agriculture, Pune
- Amity University, Noida
The B.Sc. Animation course is designed for students who have a keen interest in animation design and are willing to pursue a career in animation, film, television, VFX, advertising, and gaming.
- Objective: The course aims to provide knowledge and skills from basic traditional theory with application-based modules to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue a career in the field, mostly involving computer-generated animation training and using applications such as photoshop and flash other specialized techniques used in animation.
- Course Details: It is semester-based and is of 3 years duration.
- Major Subjects: It is semester-based and includes Elements of Information Technology, Computer-Based 2D Animation, Introduction to Programming Language, Multimedia & Computer Graphics, Introduction to Mass Communication & Media Literacy, Production Process, Sketching and Landscaping, Script Writing, etc.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates have to satisfy the following minimum eligibility criteria: 12th passed, preferably science or arts with a minimum aggregate score of 55%. The admission process may vary across institutes and States. Entrance exams are not usually conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- Salary: One can take up many different roles like an animator, art director, flash animator, film and video editor, to video game designer. The salary ranges from INR 2- 6 LPA.
B.Sc Animation Institutes
As it is a relatively new course, few institutes offer this course which are:
- Tolani Institute of Management Studies, Gujarat
- Amity University, Mumbai
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Haryana
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Manipal University, Manipal
- Jain University, Bangalore
Aquaculture is a study of a vast range of fishes, plants, and aquatic animals. It is a food production technique that provides food security and enables an increase in living standards. B.Sc in aquaculture can help skilled professionals seek employment opportunities in the Food industry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Industry, and Water conservation.
- Objective: The course will enable the students to identify global cultural, social, and economic factors that affect aquaculture development.
- Course Details: It is semester-based and three years duration, and there are options for both full-time and distance learning.
- Major Subjects: Invertebrate & Protochordate Biology, Freshwater Aquaculture, Biochemistry for Aquaculture, Farm management & Water qualities studies, Microbial Infections, Disease Diagnosis & Control measures, Vertebrate Biology, Fish Nutrition, and Feed Management, Aquaculture Biotechnology.
- Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology. In addition, candidates must pass the selection test called the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Common Entrance Test. Some institutes have their entrance tests for the course.
- Salary: One can take up many different roles such as Aquaculture Consultant, Asst. Technical Manager, Aquaculturist for which the salaries range from INR 2- 10 LPA.
B.Sc Aquaculture Institutes
The best institutes offering the B.Sc Aquaculture course are:
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Acharya Ng Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Sam Higginbottom Institute Of Agriculture Technology and Sciences, Allahabad
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
B.Sc in Aviation deals with the study of science and operations in flying airplanes, helicopters, gliders. This course offers everything needed to know, such as flying hours, aircraft models, parts, and mechanics. Many flying schools in India are offering B.Sc. Aviation degree with flying training. It is an undergraduate-level Bachelor’s degree course.
We would like to highlight here that there are two courses that an individual could consider, One B.Sc. Aviation Management is an undergraduate 3-year course that deals with the management fundamentals in aviation, including cabin crew staffing, flight attendants, airline ticketing, aircraft financing, airport security, ground staff handling while B.Sc. The aviation course provides information on the internal mechanics of an aircraft, necessary precautions to be taken when flying the plane, and other cautionary measures. The main difference between both the courses is that B.Sc. Aviation Management takes care of the works and duties of the ground staff, whereas B.sc Aviation, on the other hand, takes care of the works and duties of the Air Staff.
- Objective: This program aims to provide commercial pilot aspirants with flying training on the one hand and B.Sc. Aviation course, on the other.
- Course Details: The academic program is usually three years long. In some cases, however, most institutes divide the educational program into six semesters, where each semester lasts for six months.
- Major Subjects: Air Regulations, Navigation, Meteorology, Aircraft and Engines, Flying Experience, Airframes and Engines, Crew and Safety, Management Aviation Security, Air Traffic Control and Management.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Students who have passed the 10+2 Science stream from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are eligible to pursue this course.
- In some cases, a candidate who has passed 10th with a 3-year Engineering or Technology diploma with Mathematics and Physics can apply.
- A candidate who has passed 12th with a diploma in Information Technology, Computer Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics & Video Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, from AICTE or any other recognized government body can also apply.
- Candidates must possess a Class II Medical Certificate from the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) approved Medical doctor for flying hours and for a Commercial Pilot Licence(CPL) holder, a valid, current CPL along with with a Class I medical certificate from the respective DGCA medical centers.
- The admission to the program is on merit. The admission forms of the respective institutes are available between May and June. These forms are available both online and offline on individual university websites.
- Salary: B.Sc. Aviation graduates have prominent job roles within the aviation industry such as Pilot, Flight attendant, Air Traffic Controller, Aircraft maintenance professional, Cargo manager, and Airport ground duty manager. A fresh graduate can expect an average salary of INR 3- 5 LPA depending on the company’s job profile. Still, eventually, this would only go upwards with experience and taking more critical positions within the company.
B.Sc Aviation Institutes
Top institutes offering the B.Sc Aviation course are as follows:
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur
- FIP's Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety, Mumbai
- Thakur College of Science & Commerce, Mumbai
- Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Sir Sitaram& Lady Shantabai Patkar College of Arts & Science, Mumbai
- Flytech Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
The B.Sc. in Biochemistry is an undergraduate course in chemical as well as physicochemical processes. It is a branch of science involving the use of Chemical processes and principles in studying biological processes and living matter. It includes the study of living organisms, the atoms, and the molecules comprising living organisms. Being a research-oriented field requires someone who loves to be committed to tasks, has keen observational skills, and above all, a curious mind bent on learning and evolving.
- Objective: The course aims to make students understand the dynamics and mechanism of the biological activities taking place inside the human body.
- Course Details: The duration is 3 years, and the syllabus is divided into 6 semesters.
- Eligibility criteria: To do the course, a candidate must secure a minimum of 50% in the aggregate in Class 12th Science. However, candidates awaiting results of the 12th standard examination can apply. Though admission is generally merit-based, some Universities have their respective cut-off minimum percentage while others may conduct their entrance examinations for admission to the program.
- Major Subjects: Subjects covered in the course are bio-organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, human physiology, microbiology and virology, basic immunology, enzymology, the study of structure and function of cellular components such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and other bio-molecules involved in biological processes such as growth, metabolism, reproduction, heredity, the effect of the environment on living organisms.
- Salary: A fresh graduate can expect an average salary ranging from INR 1- 2.50 LPA depending on the job profile and the respective company. But this will go up as experience is gained.
B.Sc Biochemistry Institutes
Some of the top institutes imparting B.Sc Biochemistry are
- The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore
- Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- VELS University, Chennai
- Queen Mary’s College, Chennai
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
- Government Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls PG College, Indore
- MG Science Institute, Ahmedabad
- CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore
- M.I.E.T. Arts and Science College, Tiruchirappalli
- Hislop College, Nagpur
- Aurora's Degree College, Hyderabad
Bioinformatics or computational biology plays a vital role in Biomedical research. It is an interdisciplinary study of science combining computer science, mathematics, engineering, and statistics to understand and interpret biological information. B. Sc. in Bioinformatics is an undergraduate course. It is an amalgamation of natural chemistry and sub-atomic science alongside data innovation.
- Objective: The course aims to prepare qualified personnel contributing to be efficient in advanced research.
- Course Details: This is a three-year-long course divided into six semesters.
- Major Subjects: The subjects usually covered are Programming in C, Cell biology, Genetics, Essential mathematics & statistics, Bioinformatics, Data structures & Algorithms, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biodiversity and Ecological informatics, Geno informatics, Applications of bioinformatics, and Molecular biology techniques.
- Eligibility Criteria: It requires 12th Science passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects, and the admission process is merit-based, and also has entrance tests and interviews in case of some institutes.
- Salary: The roles are bioinformatics trainer, bioinformatics programmer, and bioanalyst with salaries ranging from INR 2.50- 10 LPA.
B.Sc Bioinformatics Institutes
Listed below are some of the best-known institutes offering B.Sc. in Bioinformatics.
- Jaipur National University, Rajasthan
- Government Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls Pg College, Madhya Pradesh
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- Amity University, Noida
A branch of agricultural science is Horticulture which consists of the cultivation of vegetables, plants, flowers, herbs, fruits, shrubs, bushes, gardens, including landscaping of gardens, ornamental trees, maintaining nurseries, greenhouses, orchards and plantations, and Floriculture (cultivation of flowers)
B.Sc. The horticulture program is about cultivating plants, from seeding to six semesters during diseases, genetics, etc. It is a study involving scientific knowledge in growing plants, thus increasing productivity and yield. It consists of the use of concepts from Biochemistry, Biology, and Genetic Engineering, etc.
- Objective: The aim is to teach students about different plants and explain gardening methods to enhance productivity.
- Course Details: It is an undergraduate program of 3 years duration with semester-based examinations.
- Major Subjects: Crop Physiology, Soil Conservation, Pest Management, Agro Informatics, Farm Machinery, Renewable Energy, and Water Management.
- Eligibility Criteria: 12th science with Chemistry, Physics, and Maths/Biology/Agriculture as the subjects which one can opt for Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture either as a separate discipline or as a subject of B.Sc Agriculture Science. Candidates desirous of seeking admission have to appear for the HORTI CET Entrance Test mandatorily. Moreover, the candidates will get admission through the counseling process as soon as the results are announced.
- Salary: The various jobs available and the respective salary range are Horticulturist INR 2.50 LPA, Plantation manager INR 7.40 LPA, Horticulture specialist INR 6 LPA, and Technical Assistant INR 2.23 LPA.
B.Sc Horticulture Institutes
Though many institutes in India offer this course, some of the top institutes are listed below.
- Lovely professional university, Chandigarh, and Jalandhar
- BFIT Group of Institutions, Dehradun
- Uttaranchal College of Biomedical Science and Hospital, Dehradun
- Sai Institute of paramedical and allied sciences, Dehradun
- Doon Business school, Dehradun
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
B.Sc Nursing courses are meant to develop some critical thinking skills, competence, and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery, and it involves nursing of the wounded or ill. There are a lot of scopes and increasing demand. In India, the course is regulated by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Objective: This course aims to develop competency through gaining knowledge and skills in providing comprehensive nursing care based on the problem-solving approach in the hospital and community.
- Course Details: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing or B.Sc Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course. It comprises a post-basic course which is further divided into two categories, regular and distance. The regular course is the 2-year duration and mandates 12th science and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM). The distance education is three years and requires 12th science along with G.N.M and two years of experience.
- Major Subjects: Nutrition, Psychology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Child Health Nursing, and Anatomy
- Eligibility Criteria: The minimum eligibility is a 12th pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Salary: In the initial phases, one would get anything between INR 90 K- 2.50 LPA, and with gaining experience, the salaries would peak to INR 4.50 LPA.
B.Sc Nursing Institutes
Here is the list of top B.Sc nursing institutes
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- KLE University, Belgaum
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
We have read the different career courses one could choose from,three-year-long and if their heart lies in something that they are passionate about, then it is a must follow it. Best of Luck!
POST YOUR COMMENT