The JEST Exam Pattern 2021 is decided and released by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). The Joint Entrance Screening Test is conducted in a single session. It is completely a pen and paper-based test. The JEST Exam Pattern 2021 comprises Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) and the exam is conducted for a duration of 3 hours.
JEST Exam Pattern 2021 Highlights
Candidates should go through the JEST Exam Pattern 2021 carefully in order to be well versed with the distribution of questions and the structure of the question paper. They will get a clear idea about how the questions are being asked in the question paper and can accordingly prepare for the JEST Exam. The exam pattern is depicted below in the form of a table.
|Total number of questions||50|
|Number of sections||3 (A, B, and C)|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Medium of question paper||English|
The JEST Exam Pattern 2021 for Computer Science, Mathematics and other subjects except for Physics is the same.
JEST 2021 Exam Pattern for Physics
According to the sample papers released by the official website, Physics paper is segregated into three sections. The maximum marks for the Physics paper will be 100. The JEST 2021 Exam Pattern for Physics is as follows.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
JEST Marking Scheme 2021
The candidates should be familiar with the JEST Marking Scheme to clear and nail the exam smartly. The marking scheme with respect to the JEST 2021 exam pattern is given below:
|Sections||Marks for Correct Answer||JEST Negative Marking||
Marks deducted for incorrect answers
- Number of Questions: The JEST 2021 Exam Pattern will comprise 50 questions divided into 3 parts.
- Type of Questions: The questions comprise Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) in all three parts. 15, 10 and 25 questions are asked from Part A, part B and Part C, respectively.
- Duration of Exam: The total time allotted for the exam is 3 hours.
- Paper Medium: Candidates can write in English language only, as per the JEST Exam Pattern 2021.
- The JEST Negative Marking is present for Part A and C. However, the negative marking is absent for Part B.
Note: The candidates should also know that the JEST 2021 score will be valid for only one year.
JEST Exam Centres 2021
Along with knowing the JEST 2021 Exam Pattern thoroughly, candidates should also go through the details of the exam centres list for a further idea about where the exam will be conducted and the choices for choosing their desired exam centre based on the vicinity and comfort. There are 37 exam cities where the exam will be conducted. It includes all the major cities of India including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Candidates can check out the JEST Exam Centres for further details.
JEST Exam Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the following Preparation Tips.
- Candidates should be well versed with the JEST 2021 Exam Pattern and the syllabus
- They should solve previous years papers and mock tests
- They should focus on the most important topics more
- They must regularly revise with respect to the JEST Paper Pattern