YCMOU MBA stands for Yashwantro Chavan Maharashtra Open University for Master of Business Administration, which is an entrance examination conducted for candidates who want to take admission into the distance MBA program of Yashwantro Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik. Applicants are offered admissions into the 20 online courses of Master of Business Administration at YCMOU. The minimum duration of the course is 2 years and the maximum duration for completing the same is 5 years. Check YCMOU MBA 2021 exam dates, eligibility criteria, admit card details, and more from the article below.
- What is the YCMOU MBA Exam?
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Date
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Syllabus
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Pattern
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Result
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Counseling
- YCMOU Contact Information
What is the YCMOU MBA Exam?
The Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University for Master of Business Administration (YCMOU MBA) is a national level entrance examination conducted by YCMOU for admission into various management courses.
- Grandiosity: YCMOU Nashik or Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University is a top university in Maharashtra, established in 1989. Apart from the MBA, the university also offers courses like B.A., B.Com., M.A., M.Com., etc.
- Location: YCMOU located at Nashik, Maharashtra offers various distance programs and part-time courses in various fields like management, arts, commerce, and education. The main agenda of the university is to provide students with quality education in different fields and areas of interest.
- Conducted by: The YCMOU MBA is conducted by the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University.
- Courses offered: YCMOU offers admission in various courses such as B.A., B.Com., M.A., M.Com., MBA.
- YCMOU 2021 Admission: The admission process for the candidate can be initiated online through the official website, and the pattern for registration, application, and examination followed are similar to that of other MBA tests, mainly focused on testing the aptitude and problem-solving ability of the candidate.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Highlights
Candidates can check out the given table to have look at the YCMOU MBA 2021 Highlights.
|Exam Name||Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University for Master of Business Administration|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Conducted by||Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University|
|Courses Offered||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|No. of Questions||50|
|Total Marks||100 (2 marks for each correct response)|
|Total Sections||6 sections|
YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Dates
The YCMOU releases the complete schedule of the exam in the official web portal. Candidates need to ensure that they make a note of all the YCMOU MBA 2021 Important Dates so that they would not be missing out on any of the important events.
- Registration: The candidates can expect the YCMOU MBA application form to be released on May 5, 2021. They will be able to fill the application form till Jun 5, 2021 tentatively.
- Admit Card: After registered successfully for the YCMOU MBA Admit Card will be issued online for the candidates in the last week of June, 2021
- Examination: YCMOU MBA 2021 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) on Jun 24, 2021 tentatively.
The below table can help the candidates to know about the YCMOU MBA 2021 Important Dates:
|YCMOU MBA 2021 IMPORTANT EVENTS||DATES (Tentative)|
|YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form Availability||May 5, 2021|
|YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form Submission Deadline||Jun 5, 2021|
|YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card Availability||Last week of June, 2021|
|YCMOU MBA Exam Date 2021||Jun 24, 2021|
|YCMOU MBA 2021 Date of Results||To be Announced|
The precise schedule for counselling for YCMOU MBA will be released later.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The YCMOU has set up some criteria for taking the exam. The YCMOU MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria is designed by the YCMOU, Nashik. Candidates must make sure to fulfill all the eligibility criteria for YCMOU MBA 2021 before proceeding to the YCMOU MBA 2021 Application form. Applicants must go through the YCMOU MBA 2021 Eligibility Criteria listed below for appearing in the entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate should have passed a three year Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 45% marks and 40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates and candidates with a disability. This applies only to the candidates of Maharashtra State.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to clear the YCMOU MBA 2021 Eligibility to appear for the entrance examination.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Most importantly, the applicant should belong to the domicile of Maharashtra.
Note: It is mandatory for the aspiring candidates to qualify in the Common Entrance Test conducted by Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) to get admission into the courses offered by it.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Syllabus
YCMOU MBA is a national level entrance examination and therefore, the standard of the entrance exam is really high. The candidates are highly recommended to get a clear understanding of the syllabus to score well in the examination.
- Syllabus: Syllabus of YCMOU comprises of basics of management studied to check the knowledge of the students.
- Subjects: The topics covered in the YCMOU 2021 Syllabus are Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Business Data Interpretation, Business Application, and Business Judgement.
How to Prepare for YCMOU MBA 2021?
There are only three most important characteristics that a candidate must possess for preparing for YCMOU MBA or any other exam for that matter. They are determination, patience, and perseverance. The candidate should be of strong determination to achieve their goal which is the cracking of the YCMOU MBA exam. The candidate must have enormous patience to complete all of the tasks needed to be done in the process of achieving the goal. Finally, a candidate should have a high level of persistence to not give up even when faced with failures and obstacles. If you can muster these three characteristics you are ready to face any exam. Now follow the tips given below to prepare well for the exam.
Create a Custom Timetable
The initial step, before start preparing for the exam, is to create a good time table for your exam preparation. The candidates need to strategize even the little time available for them. So make sure that you create a good preparation schedule that provides you with the most efficient and convenient sessions for preparation from the everyday routine. Avoid any kind of outside distractions during these sessions.
Now, break the syllabus into equal parts and then distribute it uniformly in the exam schedule, so that you will be able to cover the entire syllabus. Include time for solving sample papers and then for revision of completed topics. Stick to that time table till the exam is completed.
Speed and Accuracy Matters
The YCMOU MBA exam contains 50 questions that are to be answered in 1 hour 30 minutes. You must be answering the questions at a very quick pace if you are aiming for a good score. The questions that are present in the YCMOU paper will be relatively easier to answer but the real challenge lies in going through all of those questions within that given short period. The only good possible way to approach this exam is to answer as accurately as possible so that you will not be looking back at your answers in doubt. You can develop this speed and accuracy with the help of intense practice of previous year papers and sample tests that are available on the internet. Solve as many as you can get your hands on.
Section Wise Approach
The YCMOU MBA exam consists of 6 sections in total. During preparation, you need to be self-assessing yourself to find out which sections you’re strong in and which sections you need more effort. This will help you hugely in strategizing your approach to answering the question paper on the day of the exam. You should be solving the sections that you are good at the start so that you will have some saved extra time to transfer onto the sections that you need to put in more effort. Make sure that you secure the minimum required marks in all of the sections so that you will be achieving a good score overall in the exam.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Pattern
YCMOU will be conducted through online mode i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT). The below-mentioned list can help the candidates to know more about the YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Pattern.
- Questions: The question paper will contain 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes, i.e. 90 minutes.
- Sections: The paper contains 6 sections (with their allotted marks in the bracket) namely Reading Comprehension (12), Verbal Ability (20), Numerical Ability (16), Business Data Interpretation (24), Business Application (16), and Business Judgement (12).
- Marks: Marks given for the answers are +2 for correct answers and there is No Negative Marking.
- Medium: The YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Pattern has English as the medium of the exam.
The section-wise marks distribution is given in the table below:
|4||Business Data Interpretation||24|
YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form
Before any candidates start registering for the exam, they have to make sure that they read the prospectus of the college and the following instructions carefully.
- Registration Date: YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form is likely to be made available on the official website of YCMOU from May 5, 2021. The tentative last date to submit the Application Form is Jun 5, 2021.
- Registration Fee: Candidate should pay INR 500 as YCMOU MBA 2021 registration fee during the submission of the YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form.
- Document Upload: Scanned passport size photograph and signature will also be required to upload in the YCMOU MBA 2021 Application Form
- A scanned image file of your Proof of Date of Birth (D.O.B.), like the Addhar Card, PAN card, School Leaving Certificate, Driver’s License, etc.
- A scanned image file of your Statement of marks of the qualifying exam and passing certificate of qualifying exam based on which you are seeking admission.
- A Scanned image file of your Cast Certificate/Cast Validity Certificate/Non-Creamy Layer for Other Backward Classes (if required).
- A scanned image file of your Gazette Notification (if the name on documents are different than the name in which you want to apply).
- A Scanned image file of your recent (within the last 6 months) passport size colored photograph (35 mm X 45mm) with a minimum 72 to maximum 150 DPI resolution. (Image File is preferably jpg format, for multiple image pages use pdf file format).
- Receipt: After the final submission, they have to collect the payment receipt and submit it to the Study Centre for confirmation of admission.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Centres
The YCMOU MBA 2021 is conducted in various cities across the state of Maharashtra. They are the regional centers of YCMOU.
- Choice: Candidates will have the option to choose their preferred Exam Center location while filling up the online Application Form.
- ID Proof: Candidates must carry Admit Card and a valid ID Proof to the Exam Centre.
The following table contains the list of YCMOU MBA 2021 Exam Centres:
YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card
The YCMOU MBA 2021 admit card will be made available to all the registered candidates on the official web portal.
- Official Website: Admit Cards will be available online at the official website of YCMOU only.
- Availability: YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card date has not been announced yet. It is expected to release on the official website by the last week of June, 2021.
- Registered Candidate: YCMOU 2021 Admit Card will only be issued to the candidates whose applications are received by the YCMOU on or before the last date.
Details present on the YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card
The following particulars are mentioned in the YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number of the Candidate
- Date of the Exam
- Time of the Exam
- Exam Venue
- Contact Details
Note: Admit Cards will not be dispatched by post or any other offline mode.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Result
Candidates can access their YCMOU MBA 2021 results by logging into their respective registered accounts and entering the valid credentials on the official website of YCMOU.
- Results: The YCMOU 2021 Result will be released on the official website a few days after the scheduled exam date.
- Evaluation: The YCMOU MBA 2021 Results are prepared based on the following evaluation methods.
- The pattern of evaluation used for the MBA program will consist of the following three components.
- For each theory course of 100 marks, there will be 80 marks for University Assessment (End Examination [EE]) and 20 marks reserved for Continuous Assessment (Home Assignments [CA]) Students will have to obtain minimum of 40 marks to pass in each course.
- The marks obtained by the student in Continuous Assessment will be proportionately ‘scaled down’ to the marks obtained in the End Examination, and shown separately in the Mark Sheet.
YCMOU MBA 2021 Counseling
Only those candidates who have successfully cleared the YCMOU MBA 2021 exam can be eligible for the YCMOU MBA 2021 counseling procedure.
- Counseling Date: The date of YCMOU MBA 2021 Counselling has not been announced yet by the conducting authority. It will be updated here soon when the dates are released.
- Candidates have to appear for the YCMOU 2021 which is conducted by the University for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Those who qualify with the minimum required marks will be able to get admission to the MBA course in YCMOU.
- Document Verification: There will be a document verification during the process of seat allotment. The list of documents that the candidate needs to bring are mentioned below:
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Admit Card
- YCMOU MBA 2021 Rank Card
- Valid government photo ID proof
- Original 10th, 12th, and Bachelor's certificates
- Caste certificate if necessary.
YCMOU Contact Information
In case you are having any discrepancies at any stage of the exam, make sure to contact the Conducting Board. The contact information for YCMOU is given below:
University Contact Information
Address: Dnyangangotri, Govardhan, Near Gangapur Dam, Nashik- 422222
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: +91 253 2231714, +91 253 2231715
Department Contact Information
Address: Dr. Pandit Palande Director School of Commerce & Management
Phone: (0253) 2231477
University Address: Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Dnyangangotri, Govardhan, Nashik - 422 222 University
Phone: (0253) 2231714, 2231715, 2230227, 2230459, 2230025
Fax: (091) (0253) 2231716
E-mail: [email protected]
What is the minimum qualification required to apply for YCMOU MBA?
Candidates from the general category should have scored a minimum of 45% in their Bachelor\'s degree. Candidates from SC/ST category will be given a relaxation of 5%
Can NRI candidates apply for the exam?
No. Only Indian nationals can apply for YCMOU MBA.
What is the exam pattern of the YCMOU MBA?
The question paper of YUMOU MBA will consist of 50 questions divided into 6 sections.
What are the sections asked in YCMOU MBA?
YCMOU MBA question paper will contain the following sections, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Business Data Interpretation, Business Application, and Business Judgement.
What can be the maximum age of the candidates?
There is no age limit set as the criteria for a candidate to be eligible for YCMOU MBA.
What is the marking pattern for YCMOU MBA?
2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking.
What is the application form fee for YCMOU MBA?
Candidates have to pay INR 500. The fee can be paid through any of the online payment methods during the submission of the application form.
Where are the exam centers located?
The exam centers for YCMOU MBA are located in various cities in Maharastra.
What is the duration of the YCMOU MBA?
The exam will be conducted for 90 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes).
Can the application form be filled in offline mode?
No. The application form for YCMOU MBA can be filled in online mode only.
Can a candidate change the exam center?
Yes. The exam center can be changed by a candidate. He/she should write to the Controller of Examination at least a week before the exam is scheduled requesting for the change of center.
When is the document verification done?
Document verification is done during the counseling process.