Looking forward to study courses on Sericulture, Horticulture, Agriculture, and Forestry? NTA conducts an entrance exam ICAR AIEEA in July every year. ICAR scores are accepted in all top universities in India. ICAR aspirants can register for the exam from March 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- July 6, 2020: The application form correction window for the ICAR AIEEA 2020 examination is open now. The last date is July 15, 2020. Click here for the direct link.
- The last date to apply for the ICAR AIEEA 2020 has been extended to June 30, 2020 due to lockdown initiated by the central government because of the spread of the infectious disease COVID-19. The revised schedule for the admit card, exam dates, etc. will be announced only after the national lockdown is lifted.
- Any queries until then can be resolved by contacting any of the following numbers 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953, 8882356803.
- What is ICAR AIEEA Exam?
- ICAR 2020 Exam Date
- ICAR 2020 Eligibility
- ICAR 2020 Syllabus
- ICAR 2020 Application Form
- ICAR 2020 Exam Pattern
- ICAR 2020 Hall Ticket
- ICAR 2020 Exam Centers
- ICAR 2020 Result
- ICAR 2020 Cutoff Marks
- ICAR Selection Process
- ICAR 2020 Counseling
- How to Prepare for ICAR AIEEA?
- Courses offered through ICAR AIEEA
- ICAR Related Exams
What is ICAR AIEEA?
Indian Council of Agricultural Research All India Entrance Examination for Admission. ICAR 2020 is going to conduct its 23rd All India entrance examination. The ICAR AIEEA has its headquarters in Delhi.
There are three entrance exams AIEEA-UG 2020, AIEEA-PG 2020, and AICE-JRF/SRF 2020. Some fixed percentage of seats are reserved in ICAR affiliated agricultural universities through ICAR 2020 exam only and ICAR provides a scholarship to the students as per the courses as well.
- There will be an online exam (CBT- Computer Based Test) and online counselling only.
- ICAR AIEEA 2020 is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- It is one of the largest national agricultural systems in the world
- The Council is the apex body for coordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country.
- Universities Under ICAR: ICAR-AU system with a total of 75 Agricultural Universities (AUs) comprising of:
- 64 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticulture, and Fisheries Universities
- 3 Central Agricultural Universities (CAU Imphal; DR.RPCAU Pusa and RLBCAU, Jhansi)
- 5 Deemed Universities (DUs)
- 4 Central Universities (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati, and Nagaland University) awarding various kinds of degrees in different disciplines of agricultural, veterinary and allied sciences.
- Subject Domains: Under ICAR 2020, the undergraduate degree can be done in 10 subject-specific domains of agriculture and allied sciences. Master's degree can be done in about 95 subjects. All of these programs are awarded by universities associated with the ICAR and are well recognized and accepted throughout the globe.
ICAR AIEEA-UG 2020:
ICAR 2020 exam is conducted for admission in Bachelor's degree programs of B.Sc. or B.Tech. in various domains. Percentage of seats reserved in Universities: 15% of seats are reserved through AIEEA-UG 2020 in accredited agricultural universities. 100% seats are reserved at NDRI Karnal, RLB CAU Jhansi, Dr RP CAU Pusa through AIEEA-UG 2020 for academic session 2018-19. Scholarships: Student who gets admission through AIEEA-UG 2020 will get a scholarship named as NTS(National Talent Scholarship) at the rate of INR 2000/- per month but only if he/she takes admission in a state different from his/her state of domicile and his/her course comes under scholarship approved course.
ICAR AIEEA-PG 2020:
This exam is conducted for admission in Master's degree programs of M. Sc., M. V. Sc., or MBA in various domains. Percentage of seats reserved in Universities: 25% of seats are reserved through AIEEA-PG 2020 in agricultural universities. 100% seats are reserved at ICAR Deemed Universities [Indian Agricultural Research Institute(IARI), Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) and Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE)] and Dr.RP CAU Pusa through AIEEA-PG 2020 for academic session 2018-19. Scholarships: Student who gets admission through AIEEA-PG 2020 will get a scholarship named as NTS(PGS)(National Talent Scholarship for postgraduate studies) at the rate of Rs. 3000/- per month but only if he/she takes admission in a state different from his/her state of domicile and his/her course comes under scholarship approved course.
|ICAR AIEEA UG and PG 2020 Exam|
|Exam Name||Indian Council for Agriculture and Research All India Entrance Exam for Admission|
|Conducting body of ICAR||ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)|
|ICAR Courses offered||Undergraduate (UG)-B.Sc./ B.Tech.
Postgraduate (PG)- M.Sc./M.V.Sc./MBA
|Programs||Agricultural, Veterinary, and Allied Sciences|
|ICAR AIEEA Exam Level||National level|
|ICAR 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|ICAR 2020 Marking scheme for UG||Correct answer: (+4) marks
Wrong answer: (-1) marks
|ICAR 2020 Marking scheme for PG||Correct answer: (4) marks for MCQ and (+5) marks for cross-matching type questions
Wrong answer: (-1) marks for MCQ and (-0.2) marks for cross-matching type questions
|Maximum marks||UG: 600 marks
PG: 640 marks
|ICAR 2020 Helpline||+91- 7835097766/67/68/69|
ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2020:
This exam is conducted for admission in Doctoral programs of PhD for the award of JRF/SRF(PGS). Percentage of seats reserved in Universities: 25% of seats are reserved through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2020 in agricultural universities under ICAR-AU system. 100% seats are reserved at Dr.RP CAU Pusa through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2020 for academic session 2018-19. Scholarships: Student who gets admission through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2020 will get a scholarship named as SRF/JRF(PGS).
- Postgraduates other than in Veterinary Science will get a scholarship of INR 15,000/- p.m. (fixed) for 1st & 2nd year and ₹17,500/- p.m. (fixed) for the 3rd year.
- Postgraduates in Veterinary Science will get a scholarship of ₹17,500/- p.m. (fixed) for 1st & 2nd year and ₹ 18,750/- p.m. (fixed) for the 3rd year.
- A Contingent grant of Rs. 10,000/- per year for procurement of essential chemicals, books, and travel connected with research work will be uniformly paid to all the awardees.
|ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020|
|Exam Name||All India Competitive Examination-Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow|
|Acronym||ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020|
|Conducting body of AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020||ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)|
|AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020 Course||Doctorate (PhD)|
|Programs||Agricultural, Veterinary, and Allied Sciences|
|AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020 Exam Level||National level|
|AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer: (+1) marks, Negative marking-wrong answer: (-0.25) marks|
|Maximum marks||800 marks|
|ICAR Helpline||+91- 7835097766/67/68/69|
What is ICAR JRF?
ICAR JRF is an exam conducted by ICAR for Junior Research Fellowship. It is basically for the scholars who love to research and it has no significant relevance to your degree. Normally, students who are pursuing a Master's degree apply for this fellowship. This fellowship is considered to be very renowned and hence will be great if you add it to your CV.
ICAR 2020 Exam Dates
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 will be conducted in online mode only. The candidates who satisfy the ICAR Eligibility can apply for the exam. The ICAR AIEEA Application form will be available on the official website of the conducting Authority.
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam dates are announced by the Conducting officials. Below mentioned are some of the important dates of events related to the ICAR AIEEA Exam:
|Availability of Application Form||March 1, 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||June 30, 2020|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
What is the Eligibility criteria for ICAR AIEEA?
- For the ICAR 2020 Undergraduate courses, the candidates should have passed 10+2 from any of the Govt. recognized board or equivalent with a minimum 50% aggregate and for SC/ST candidates the minimum aggregate would be 40%.
- The candidate applying for UG course should not be less than 16 years.
- For the Postgraduate courses under the ICAR AIEEA 2020, the candidates should have cleared his/her graduation from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
- The candidate applying should not be less than 19 years.
ICAR 2020 Syllabus
The ICA AIEEA 2020 Syllabus for courses like UG, PG, AICE-JRF/SRF are different. The Syllabus for the courses mentioned is decided by the conducting authority.
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam will be conducted on July 1, 2020. The candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of the Course that they have opted for.
Below given are the syllabus asked for each in ICAR 2020 Exam:
|UG Syllabus||PG Syllabus||AICE-JRF/SRF Syllabus|
|Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Agriculture.||Plant Biotechnology, Plant Sciences, Physical Sciences, Entomology & Nematology, Agronomy, Social Sciences, Statistical Sciences, Horticulture, Forestry/Agroforestry & Silviculture, Agricultural Engineering & Technology, Water Science & Technology, Home Science, Animal Biotechnology, Veterinary Science, Animal Sciences, Fisheries Science, Dairy Science, Dairy Technology, Food Science Technology, Agri-Business Management.||Genetics & Plant Breeding, Seed Science & Technology, Plant Pathology, Nematology, Agricultural Entomology, Agricultural Chemicals, Plant Biochemistry, Plant Physiology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Agricultural Microbiology, Olericulture, Pomology, Floriculture & Landscaping, Spices, Plantation, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Horticulture, Post Harvest Technology, Animal Genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Livestock Production Management, Livestock Product Technology, Poultry Science, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Public Health, Animal Biochemistry, Animal Biotechnology, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology, Veterinary Anatomy, Dairy Chemistry, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Dairy Microbiology, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Soil & water conservation Engineering, Agricultural processing & Food Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, Irrigation Water Management Engineering, etc.|
NOTE: In PG Course Syllabus Home science is currently renamed as Community Science.
The ICAR Syllabus is vast, the above-mentioned table has limited topics. The topics are elaborately given in ICAR 2020 Syllabus page.
ICAR 2020 Application Form
The ICAR Application Form will be available on the official website from March 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application is June 30, 2020.
Before applying for the exam the candidates have to go through the Eligibility Criteria for the respective courses which they choose.
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Application Form fee for General category is INR 500/- and for reserved category (SC, ST & PWD) it is INR 250/-
The Application Form is available online for both UG and PG courses.
How to Register for ICAR AIEEA?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to Register for ICAR AIEEA;
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the New Registration link
- Step 3: And now click on proceed to Registration
- Step 4: Application Form will be opened
How to Apply for ICAR AIEEA?
To apply for ICAR AIEEA Exam candidates can follow the Application procedure given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Use the credentials to login which was given during Registration
- Step 3: Fill all the details asked
- Step 4: Upload scanned images of Photograph, Signature, and Thumb impression
- Step 5: Application fee payment
- Step 6: Take a printout of the form
Documents required to Apply for ICAR AIEEA
The candidates who are applying for ICAR AIEEA 2020 will require the following documents:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree mark sheet for PG students
- Scanned image file of Photograph, Signature, and Thumb impression
- A valid debit/credit/net banking for Application fee payment
ICAR 2020 Exam pattern
ICAR AIEEA 2020 UG Exam
The AIEEA exam is divided into two streams i.e Stream-A and Stream-B. Stream-A consists of questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture/Biology subjects.
The stream-b exam paper will consist of questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. In AIEEA UG Stream-A exam paper, there are questions from both subjects – Biology and Agriculture.
The Candidates need to attempt questions from either of the subjects.
the Candidates have to attempt 180 multiple-choice questions. In which, for each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
ICAR AIEEA 2020 PG Exam
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam comprises 150 MCQ based questions in which for every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong attempt, 1 mark will be deducted.
The Candidates also have to attempt 10 cross-matching type questions in which, for every correct response 5 marks will be awarded and for every wrong attempt, 0.2 marks will be deducted.
ICAR 2020 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully registered for the ICAR Exam can download ICAR AIEEA Admit Card from the official website of the conducting authority.
The ICAR AIEEA Exam will be conducted soon and the candidates are advised to download the Admit Card before the exam date.
The candidates will not be allowed to take up the Exam without the Admit Card. Along with the Admit Card, the candidates will have to carry a government ID proof for verification purposes.
How to download ICAR AIEEA Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the ICAR AIEEA Admit Card from the official website of the Conducting Authority:
- Step 1: Go the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link
- Step 3: Enter your Registration number and Password to log in
- Step 4: Download and take a Printout of the Admit Card
NOTE: The Candidates will have to attest a passport size photo and Sign in the space provided.
ICAR 2020 Exam Centers
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam will be conducted in 86 cities across India. The candidates will be given a chance to choose the Exam centre while filling up the Application Form.
The candidates can choose 4 cities from the options given. Once the Exam Center is allotted it will not be changed.
The test centre and the Address will be given on the ICAR AIEEA Admit Card.
Check the complete list of ICAR 2020 Exam Centres
Documents required on ICAR AIEEA Exam Day
The candidates will have to carry the following documents to the ICAR AIEEA Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
- Passport size photo
ICAR 2020 Result
The result will be available only in online mode. The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Result will be announced by the conducting authority on the official website.
The result for both ICAR AIEEA UG AND PG courses will be announced on the same date. The candidates will have to login in the official website to check ICAR Results.
The seats will be allotted based on the Merit that the candidates have scored. The candidates will have to take a printout of the Result for future reference.
How to Download ICAR AIEEA Results?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download ICAR AIEEA Results from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the AIEEA Result link
- Step 3: Enter Login ID and Password
- Step 4: Click on Login Button
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Result
ICAR 2020 Cutoff
The ICAR AIEEA 2020 Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate has to score in the exam to get Admission into the course they have applied for.
The Cutoff list will be released along with the ICAR Result on the official website.
The ICAR Cutoff will be determined by considering various factors which are mentioned below:
- The total number of candidates appeared for the Exam
- The level of difficulty of the Exam
- The number of seats available
- Previous year Cutoff trends
ICAR 2020 Selection Process
The candidates who scored the minimum Cutoff marks will be called for the Counseling Process. Only the eligible candidates will be given admission to the course they have applied for.
ICAR 2020 Counseling
The Candidates are will have register online for the ICAR AIEEA Counseling round. The candidate who qualifies the ICAR AIEEA 2020 Result can apply for the counselling.
The Candidates will get admissions based on the merit list.
The following are the documents that a candidate has to carry during the Counseling Process:
- ICAR Admit Card
- ICAR Scorecard
- Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
- Degree Certificate for PG students
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photos
How to Prepare for ICAR AIEEA?
The candidates who are aspiring to write ICAR AIEEA can follow the important tips given below:
- AIEEA has prescribed syllabus for UG, PG, and JRF/SRF courses the candidates can start preparing according to the Syllabus.
- Focus on every topic which is mentioned in the Syllabus to score higher ranks.
- Plan your everyday activity to manage time.
- Take mock tests and assess your performance.
- Prepare notes every time you study and refer it when you are revising.
- For better results make sure you revise before the exam.
Courses Offered through ICAR AIEEA
ICAR AIEEA 2020 Exam has the following courses under its umbrella. The candidates can choose any of the following courses:
|Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation|
|Entomology and Nematology|
|Forestry/Agroforestry and Silviculture|
|Agricultural Engineering & Technology|
|Water Science & Technology|
|Food Science Technology|
AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) Courses Offered
The following courses are offered to the JRF/SRF Course:
|PhD (Doctoral Programme)||Crop Sciences-I, II, III|
|Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I, II, III|
|Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology|
|Agricultural Engineering and Technology|
|Community Science (Home Science)|
|Natural Resource Management-I, II|
|Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management|
ICAR Contact Details
The candidates can contact the conducting authority if they have any queries related to the ICAR AIEEA Exam:
|Address||Krishi Bhavan, Dr Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India|
|Phone/FAX||+91 1123382629/ 91-11-23384773|