NTA conducts an entrance exam called ICAR JRF/SRF in July every year. ICAR scores are accepted in all top universities across India. ICAR aspirants could register for the exam from the third week of March, 2021. ICAR JRF/SRF is an exam conducted by ICAR for Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship. It is basically for the scholars fascinated with research.
- December 22, 2020: The mop-up counselling round for ICAR 2020 starts today. The registrations for the same will be accepted till December 25, 2020. Visit the ICAR Counselling page for more details.
- What is ICAR?
- What is ICAR JRF/SRF (PGS) Exam?
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Date
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Eligibility
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Syllabus
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Pattern
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Application Form
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Hall Ticket
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Centers
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Answer Key
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Result
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Cutoff Marks
- ICAR Selection Process
- ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Counselling
- How to Prepare for ICAR JRF/SRF?
- Courses offered through ICAR JRF/SRF
What is the ICAR Exam?
ICAR stands for the Indian Council of Agricultural Research. The ICAR has its headquarters in Delhi. Some fixed percentage of seats are reserved in ICAR affiliated agricultural universities through ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 exam only and ICAR provides a scholarship to the students as per the courses as well. The Council is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries, and animal sciences in the entire country.
- Universities Under ICAR: ICAR-AU system with a total of 75 Agricultural Universities (AUs) comprising of:
- 64 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticulture, and Fisheries Universities
- 3 Central Agricultural Universities (CAU Imphal; DR.RPCAU Pusa and RLBCAU, Jhansi)
- 5 Deemed Universities (DUs)
- 4 Central Universities (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati, and Nagaland University) awarding various kinds of degrees in different disciplines of agricultural, veterinary, and allied sciences.
What is ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021 Exam?
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This exam is conducted for admission in Doctoral programs of Ph.D. for the award of JRF/SRF(PGS). 25% of seats are reserved through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2021 in agricultural universities under the ICAR-AU system. The student who gets admission through AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) 2021 will get a scholarship named SRF/JRF(PGS). There will be an online exam (CBT- Computer Based Test) and online counselling only. The following are the details of the scholarship provided to students who secure the scholarship:
- Postgraduates other than in Veterinary Science will get a scholarship of INR 15,000/- p.m. (fixed) for 1st & 2nd year and INR 17,500/- p.m. (fixed) for the 3rd year.
- Postgraduates in Veterinary Science will get a scholarship of INR 17,500/- p.m. (fixed) for 1st & 2nd year and INR 18,750/- p.m. (fixed) for the 3rd year.
- A Contingent grant of INR 10,000/- per year for procurement of essential chemicals, books, and travel connected with research work will be uniformly paid to all the awardees.
Given below are the highlights of the exam.
|ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF 2021|
|Exam Name||All India Competitive Examination-Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow|
|Acronym||ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021|
|Conducting body of AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021||ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)|
|AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021 Course||Doctorate (Ph.D.)|
|Programs||Agricultural, Veterinary, and Allied Sciences|
|AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021 Exam Level||National level|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer-based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer: (+1) marks, Negative marking-wrong answer: (-0.25) marks|
|Maximum marks||120 marks|
|ICAR Helpline||+91- 7835097766/67/68/69|
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Date
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 will be conducted in online mode only. The candidates who satisfy the ICAR Eligibility can apply for the exam. The ICAR JRF/SRF Application form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority tentatively from the third week of March, 2021. Visit this section for regular updates.
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam dates have not been announced by the conducting officials yet. The tentative dates related to the ICAR JRF/SRF exam are tabulated below:
|Availability of Application Form||Third week of March, 2021|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||Last week of April, 2021|
|Admit Card||June, 2021|
|Exam Date||Second week of July, 2021|
|Results||First week of August, 2021|
|Counselling||To be announced|
The counselling process for ICAR JRF/SRF 2020 concluded on January 5, 2021.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should make sure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria set for ICAR AICE SRF/JRF (PGS), before submitting the online form. Given below are the eligibility criteria to acquire the JRF/SRF (PGS) program seat:
Applicants must be Indian Nationals who have passed their Master's Degree program with a minimum of overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) from any recognized university in India in order to be considered for the AICE SRF/JRF (PGS). Candidates with a Bachelor's degree of 3 years, if already enrolled for a Master's degree may seek admission in PhD in respective ICAR-DU according to prescribed eligibility criteria.
Applicants must be at least 20 years of age as on July 01, of the year of admission. There is no relaxation allowed in the case of a minimum age limit for any category. Also, there is no prescribed upper age limit.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of the course that they have opted for.
Listed below are core topics from the syllabus in ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam:
1. Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Unit 1: General Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Unit 2: Economics Botany and Plant Breeding Methods
- Unit 3: Genome Organization and Cytogenetics of Crop Plants
- Unit 4: Quantitative and Biometrical Genetics
- Unit 5: Genetic Engineering and Biotechnological Tools in Plant Breeding
- Unit 6: Plant Breeding for Stress Resistance and Nutritional Quality
- Unit 7: Plant Genetic Resources and their Regulatory System; Varietal Release and Seed Production
- Unit 8: Statistical Methods and Field Plot Techniques
2. Seed Science & Technology
- Unit 1: Seed Biology
- Unit 2: Seed Production
- Unit 3: Seed Processing
- Unit 4: Seed Quality Control
- Unit 5: Seed Storage
- Unit 6: Seed Health
- Unit 7: Seed Industry Development and Marketing
- Unit 8: Protection of Plant Varieties
3. Economic Botany & Plant Genetic Resources
- Unit 1: Biodiversity and Plant Genetic Resources
- Unit 2: Exploration and Germplasm Collecting
- Unit 3: Germplasm Exchange and Plant Quarantine
- Unit 4: Principles and Methods of Germplasm Conservation
- Unit 5: Principles and Practices of Germplasm Regeneration and Evaluation
- Unit 6: Biotechnology in Plant Genetic Resource Management
- Unit 7: Economic Botany
- Unit 8: Information Management in Plant Genetic Resources
- Unit 9: Plant Taxonomy
- Unit 10: Plant Biosecurity
- Unit 11: Fundamentals of Molecular Biology for PGR Management
4. Plant Pathology
- Unit 1: History and Principles of Plant Pathology
- Unit 2: Laboratory and Analytical Technique
- Unit 3: Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology
- Unit 4: Mycology
- Unit 5: Plant Bacteriology
- Unit 6: Plant Virology
- Unit 7: Plant Disease Epidemiology
- Unit 8: Phanerogamic Parasites and Non-parasitic Diseases
- Unit 9: Fungal Diseases of Crop Plants
- Unit 10: Bacterial and Viral Diseases of Crop Plant
- Unit 11: Management of Plant diseases
- Unit 1: History and Economic Importance
- Unit 2: Nematode Taxonomy and Morphology
- Unit 3: Nematological Techniques
- Unit 4: Nematode Ecology
- Unit 5: Plant Nematode Relationship
- Unit 6: Nematode Physiology and Cytolog
- Unit 7: Nematode pests of crops
- Unit 8: Nematode Management
- Unit 9: Interactions of Nematodes with Soil Organisms
- Unit 10: Statistics
6. Agricultural Entomology
- Unit 1: Systematics
- Unit 2: Morphology
- Unit 3: Embryology, Internal Anatomy, and Physiology
- Unit 4: Ecology
- Unit 5: Biological Control
- Unit 6: Chemical Control and Toxicology
- Unit 7: Host Plant Resistance
- Unit 8: Novel Approaches in Pest Control
- Unit 9: Integrated Pest Management
- Unit 10: Pesticide Application Equipment
- Unit 11: Pests of Field Crops and their Management
- Unit 12: Pests of Horticultural Crops and their Management
- Unit 13: Pests of Stored Products and their Management
- Unit 14: Insect and mite vectors of Plant Diseases
- Unit 15: Honey Bees and Bee-keeping
- Unit 16: Silkworms and Sericulture
- Unit 17: Lac Insect
- Unit 18: Helpful and Useful Insects
- Unit 19: Statistics and Computer Application
- Unit 1: Mulberry Crop Production
- Unit 2: Mulberry and Silkworm Breeding
- Unit 3: Silkworm Biology
- Unit 4: Silkworm Protection
- Unit 5: Silkworm Nutrition
- Unit 6: Non-Mulberry Sericulture
- Unit 7: Silk Reeling Technology
- Unit 8: Silkworm Seed Cocoon and Egg Production
8. Plant Biochemistry
- Unit 1: Basic Biochemistry and Biomolecules
- Unit 2: Intermediary Metabolism
- Unit 3: Enzymes, Vitamins, and Hormones
- Unit 4: Molecular Biology
- Unit 5: Techniques in Biochemistry
- Unit 6: Biochemistry of Food-grains, Fruits and Vegetables
- Unit 7: Photosynthesis
- Unit 8: Plant Metabolic Processes
- Unit 9: Plant Molecular Biology
- Unit 10: Plant Biotechnology/Genetic Engineering
9. Plant Physiology
- Unit 1: Cell Organelles and Water Relations
- Unit 2: Metabolic Processes and Growth Regulation
- Unit 3: Crop Productivity and Modelling
- Unit 4: Abiotic Stress Responses in Plants
- Unit 5: Plant Growth Regulators and Plant Development
- Unit 6: Mineral Nutrition
- Unit 7: Climate and Climate Change
- Unit 8: Seed Physiology
- Unit 9: Physiology of Flowering and Reproduction
- Unit 10: Physiology of Horticultural and Plantation Crop Species
- Unit 11: Post-Harvest Physiology
- Unit 12: Morphogenesis, Tissue Culture, and Plant Transformation
- Unit 13: Phenomics
10. Agricultural Biotechnology
- Unit 1: Cell Structure and Function
- Unit 2: Biomolecules and Metabolism
- Unit 3: Enzymology
- Unit 4: Molecular Genetics
- Unit 5: Gene Expression
- Unit 6: Molecular Biology Techniques
- Unit 7: Gene Cloning
- Unit 8: Molecular Biology
- Unit 9: Plant Molecular Biology
- Unit 10: Tissue Culture
- Unit 11: Plant Genetic Engineering
- Unit 12: Molecular Markers and Genomics
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Syllabus is vast. Elaborate details on the topics are given on the ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF 2021 Syllabus page.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for ICAR 2021 Exam is given below.
|Mode of exam||Online (CBT)|
|Medium||English / Hindi|
|Duration||2.5 hours (150 min)|
|Exam Timing||9.30 AM to 12 PM|
|Total Number of Questions||150|
|Negative Marking||- 0.25 marks for every wrong answer|
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF 2021 Marking Scheme:
Candidates can go through the below details for ICAR JRF/SRF Marking Scheme :
ICAR AICE - JRF/SRF Marks Distribution
Type of Questions
Questions will be based on general knowledge on the domain of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Allied Science, etc.
Questions are based on the core subjects of the course opted for.
Questions will be asked from the specialized subject opted by the candidate
For more details on the type of questions asked and the marks allotted to each section, click ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Pattern.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Application Form
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website from the third week of March, tentatively. The exam will be held in July, 2021. Before applying for the exam the candidates have to go through the ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Eligibility Criteria. The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Application Fee for the General category is INR 1800 and for reserved categories (SC, ST & PWD), it is INR 900.
|General, Unreserved, OBC||INR 1800|
How to Register for ICAR JRF/SRF 2021?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to Register for ICAR JRF/SRF;
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the New Registration link
- Step 3: And now click on proceed to Registration
- Step 4: Enter relevant details to complete the registration process.
How to Apply for ICAR JRF/SRF?
After registration, to apply for ICAR JRF/SRF Exam, candidates can follow the Application procedure given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Use the credentials to login which was given during Registration
- Step 3: Fill all the details asked
- Step 4: Upload scanned images of Photograph, Signature, and Thumb impression
- Step 5: Application fee payment
- Step 6: Take a printout of the form for future reference
Documents required to Apply for ICAR JRF/SRF 2021
The candidates who are applying for ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 will require the following documents. Before starting the application process, applicants are advised to keep these documents handy.
Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
Degree mark sheet for PG students
Scanned image file of Photograph, Signature, and Thumb impression
A valid debit/credit/net banking for Application fee payment
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Hall Ticket
The candidates who have successfully submitted the application form for the ICAR Exam can download ICAR JRF/SRF Admit Card from the official website of the conducting authority. It will be available at least 10 days before the date of the exam. The ICAR JRF/SRF Exam will be conducted soon and the candidates are advised to download the Admit Card before the exam date. The candidates will not be allowed to take up the Exam without the Admit Card. Along with the Admit Card, the candidates will have to carry a government ID proof for verification purposes.
How to download ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the ICAR JRF/SRF Admit Card from the official website of the Conducting Authority:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of ICAR JRF/SRF.
- Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link.
- Step 3: Enter Registration number and Password to log in.
- Step 4: Download and take a Printout of the Admit Card after cross-checking details on the admit card.
NOTE: The Candidates will have to attest a passport size photo and Sign in the space provided.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Centers
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam will be conducted in 86 cities across India. The candidates will be given a chance to choose the Exam center while filling up the Application Form. The candidates can choose any 4 cities from the options given. Once the Exam Center is allotted it will not be changed. Make sure to list it according to preference. The test center and the Address will be given on the ICAR JRF/SRF Admit Card.
Check the complete list of ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam Centres.
Documents required on ICAR JRF/SRF Exam Day
The candidates will have to carry the following documents to the ICAR JRF/SRF Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License)
- Passport size photo
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Answer key
The conducting body will release the answer keys a few days after the successful conduction of the ICAR 2021 exam. Candidates can cross-check their answers with the official website to get an idea about the possible score.
Candidates can follow the steps given below in order to view the ICAR 2021 answer keys
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'Answer key' link.
Step 3: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
Step 4: View and download the answer key pdf.
Step 5: Take a print out of the answer key and cross-check it with your answers.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Result
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Result will be announced by the conducting authority on the official website in August, 2021. Please note that the results can only be accessed online. To access their results, candidates will have to log in to the official website to check ICAR Results. Seats will be allotted based on Merit. It is advised that candidates take a printout of the Result for future reference.
How to Download ICAR JRF/SRF Results?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Results from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the JRF/SRF Result link
- Step 3: Enter Login ID and Password
- Step 4: Click on Login Button
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Result
Selection to the desired programs for ICAR JRF/SRF is dependant on merit. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process on the official website by clicking on the appropriate link. Candidates will be intimated in advance about the venue and time when they are called for the counselling rounds of ICAR JRF/SRF 2021.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Cutoff
The ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate has to score in the exam to get Admission into the course they have applied for.
The Cutoff list will be released along with the ICAR Result on the official website.
The ICAR Cutoff will be determined by considering various factors which are mentioned below:
- The total number of candidates who appeared for the Exam
- The level of difficulty of the Exam
- The number of seats available
- Previous year Cutoff trends
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Selection Process
The candidates who scored the minimum Cutoff marks will be called for the Counselling Process. Only eligible candidates will be given admission to the course they have applied for. Check the next section on ICAR JRF/SRF (PGS) 2021 Counselling to know more.
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Counselling
The candidates will have to register online for the ICAR JRF/SRF Counseling round. The candidate who qualifies the ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Result can apply for counselling. The candidates are allotted seats based on the merit list. Given below is a list of original copies of documents that a candidate must carry on the day of counseling.
ICAR JRF/SRF Counselling Process
Candidates can follow the below process for ICAR JRF/SRF Counselling Process:
- Registration: The candidates will have to register themselves on the official website if they wish to participate in the counselling process. They can do so by paying the registration fee, INR 800, online.
- Choice Filling: After the registration process is completed, a candidate will have to log in on the website and select the choice of specialization as well as the university that they are interested in based on the marks they have secured.
- Seat Allotment: Based on the preferred specialization, course, merit, and availability of seats, candidates will be notified via email on seat allotment.
- Verification of Document: After the provisional admission letter has been downloaded, candidates will have to report to the university and submit the relevant documents. After the document has been verified, the candidate will receive their final admission letter.
Documents required for ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Counselling
The documents required in the ICAR #year counseling session is as follows
ICAR Admit Card
Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
Undergraduate Degree Certificate for PG students
Passport size photos
How to Prepare for ICAR JRF/SRF 2021?
The candidates who are aspiring to write ICAR JRF/SRF can follow the important tips given below:
- AICE has prescribed syllabus JRF/SRF courses the candidates can start preparing according to the Syllabus.
- Focus on every topic which is mentioned in the Syllabus to score higher ranks.
- Plan your everyday activity to manage time.
- Take mock tests and assess your performance.
- Prepare notes every time you study and refer it when you are revising.
- For better results make sure you revise before the exam.
Courses Offered through ICAR JRF/SRF
ICAR JRF/SRF 2021 Exam has the following courses under its umbrella. The candidates can choose any of the following courses:
|PhD (Doctoral Programme)||Crop Sciences-I, II, III|
|Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I, II, III|
|Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology|
|Agricultural Engineering and Technology|
|Community Science (Home Science)|
|Natural Resource Management-I, II|
|Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management|
ICAR Contact Details
The candidates can contact the conducting authority if they have any queries related to the ICAR JRF/SRF Exam:
|Address||Krishi Bhavan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India|
|Phone/FAX||+91 1123382629/ 91-11-23384773|