Get complete information on CSAB 2021 Special Round, Registration, Counselling, Fee Refund, Cutoff, Participating Institutes, Seat Allotment and more. Find the latest updates regarding CSAB 2021.
Have you taken your JEE Main exam and waiting for the counselling process to commence? Are you looking for other colleges/universities in the counselling options? Then you should consider registering for the seat allocation process conducted by the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB Full Form).
What is CSAB?
CSAB is a board that helps provide admissions in various technology institutes like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institute) based on the candidate’s JEE Main score. They provide counselling to candidates who want to pursue their undergraduate degrees in engineering, technology and architecture. CSAB conducts the counselling process for three divisions- CSAB NEUT (for North-Eastern states and Union Territories), CSAB UT (Union Territories) and CSAB SFTI (Self-Financed Technical Institutes).
CSAB NEUT 2021
CSAB NEUT conducts the admission process for the North-Eastern States and the Union territories which are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Lakshadweep.
The CSAB 2021 participating universities for CSAB NEUT are as follows:
- School of Engineering & Technology, Mizoram University- Aizawl, Mizoram
- School of Engineering, Tezpur University- Tezpur, Assam
- Assam University- Assam
CSAB NEUT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The CSAB NEUT 2021 eligibility criteria are put forth by the examination conducting authorities for candidates to follow before taking part in the application and admission process. If a candidate fails to meet all these criteria they are bound to be disqualified. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must have secured at least 45% (General)/40% (SC/ST) marks in their Class 12 board examination.
- Physics, Chemistry, Language, Mathematics should be the core subjects of the candidate's 10+2 curriculum.
- Candidates must have valid JEE Mains scores
- Candidates must be from a Northeastern state or union territory.
CSAB NEUT 2021 Seat Allotment
The CSAB NEUT 2021 seat allotment process is explained in detail below for the benefit of the readers.
- Registration - Candidates need to visit the official website to register themselves for the counselling process. Candidates have to use their JEE Mains application form number and password to progress further.
- Filling & Locking of Choices - After being successfully registered, students have to choose their preferred colleges and courses for admission in order of preference before the last date. Once locked, no changes can be made to the choices.
- Seat Allotment - Candidates will be allotted seats based on their merit, choices and availability of seats. Candidates will be able to check their seat allotment online and download the seat allotment letter in PDF format. Allotted seats have to be confirmed by candidates for further rounds.
- Document Verification - Candidates have to report to the institute where they have been allotted their seats and go through the document verification process.
CSAB UT 2021
CSAB UT conducts the admission process for supernumerary seats of union territories like Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep & Khandvi, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
CSAB UT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The CSAB UT 2021 eligibility criteria that examination conducting authorities require candidates to meet are as follows:
- Candidates must hail from only those states which are eligible.
- Candidates should not have appeared for any JoSAA allotment rounds, candidates should not have been allotted seats till the special seat filling rounds and candidates should have withdrawn before the final JoSAA round after reporting to the allotted centre.
- Candidates who have paid the initial fee and reported to the centre but did not report to their allotted institute till the final day will also be eligible.
- Candidates whose seats were cancelled due to a change in category after reporting to the allotment centres are also eligible.
CSAB UT 2021 Seat Allotment
Candidates can have a look at the seat allotment process of CSAB UT 2021 below.
- Registration - Candidates have to register themselves for the CSAB UT 2021 seat allotment process online by filling the application form with all necessary details before the last date.
- Filling & Locking of Choices - The next step is for candidates is to provide their preferred colleges and courses for admission in order of preference before the last date.
- Seat Allotment - Candidates will be allotted their seats based on choices, merit in JEE Mains and availability.
- Document Verification - Candidates have to report to the institute where they have been allotted their seats and get all their necessary documents verified with the concerned authorities.
CSAB SFTI 2021
CSAB SFTI conducts the admission process for technical institutes that are self-financed.
There are 9 CSAB 2021 participating institutes for CSAB SFTI 2021. They are as follows:
- Amity University Noida and its branches in Raipur, Gwalior, Gurugram, Jaipur and Mumbai
- Galgotias University- Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Sister Nivedita University- Kolkata, West Bengal
- Dr M.G.R Educational and Research Institute- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Jagannath University- Jaipur, Rajasthan.
CSAB SFTI 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The CSAB SFTI 2021 eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to take part in the admission process are as follows:
- Candidates should have a valid rank for JEE Mains Paper 1.
- Candidates should have had Physics, Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics/BioTechnology/Technical Vocational Subject, English/Any other language subject and another subject in their 10+2 curriculum.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 45% (General)/40% (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) aggregate marks in their class 12 boards or equivalent examination.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their 10+2 or equivalent examination. (For B.Arch/B.Plan admissions)
- Candidates should have qualified JEE Mains Paper 2. (For B.Arch/B.Plan admissions)
- Candidates must have cleared all five subjects in their 10+2 with Mathematics being a core subject. (For B.Arch/B.Plan admissions)
CSAB SFTI 2021 Seat Allotment
The CSAB SFTI 2021 seat allotment process is explained in detail below.
- Fee Payment - Candidates have to pay the counselling fee of Rs.21000 online after they have logged into their CSAB account using JEE Main application number and password.
- Registration - Once fee payment is successful candidates will be able to register themselves by providing the necessary details asked in the registration form.
- Filling & Locking of Choices - After being successfully registered candidates will be able to make their choices of preferred colleges and courses and provide their preferences in order for final submission or locking.
- Seat Allotment - The CSAB SFTI seat allotment results are released online and candidates can check their allotted seats and download their seat allotment letters in PDF format from the official website. The seat allotment is done on the basis of availability of seats, JEE Mains merit/scores, preferences provided.
- Document Verification/Reporting to Allotted Institute - Candidates who have been allotted seats and are satisfied with their seat allotment will have to report to the concerned college/institute for the process of document verification.
CSAB 2021 Special Round
Special or spot rounds are those rounds conducted to fill the vacant seats at technical institutes supported by CSAB 2021. So, if you do not get a seat via JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority), then you go for the CSAB special round.
To participate in the CSAB special round, there is an eligibility criterion that needs to be followed. The following candidates are eligible to go through the CSAB special round:
- Candidates should have a valid JEE Main 2021 rank.
- The candidates should meet the eligibility criteria of JoSAA 2021, which is securing an aggregate of 75% in their 12th boards.
- Candidates who were allotted through JoSAA 2021 but failed to confirm their admission or withdrew from their seats are eligible for CSAB 2021 special round.
CSAB 2021 Special Round Schedule
The Central Seat Allocation Board has announced the schedule for the CSAB Special Counselling Round for candidates who have attempted JEE Mains or JEE Advanced Exams. The schedule is as mentioned below, but the dates are subject to changes based on the circumstances at that given point in time.
|Display of vacancies after JoSAA Counselling Session||To be announced|
|Registration, Payment of Processing Fee, Choice Filling - Start Date||To be announced|
|Registration, Payment of Processing Fee, Choice Filling - End Date||To be announced|
|Display of Seat Allotment - Round 1||To be announced|
A) Exercising any one of the following options based
on the outcome of Special Round-I
/Document upload / Response by a candidate to query (if
The process listed in (A) above is mandatory for all
candidates who are allotted a seat in CSAB Special
The processes (A) & (B) both are mandatory only for those
candidates who are allotted a seat first time in CSAB
|To be announced|
|Last day to respond to the query (Special Round 1)||To be announced|
|Display of Seat Allotment - Special Round 2||To be announced|
|Reporting at Allotted Institutes (In-Person or Online)||To be announced|
CSAB 2021 Registration
The candidates have to register themselves to get admissions through CSAB counselling. The process for CSAB registration is as follows:
- Visit the official website for CSAB 2021: csab.nic.in
- Click on the link for CSAB Counselling registration.
- The candidates can register on the website using their JEE application form number and password.
- Once they have registered, they can fill in the details and upload the documents required. The documents as are necessary for CSAB slot allotment are as follows:
- Academic records (10th and 12th marks sheet)
- Category Certificate
- PwD Certificate (If applicable)
- The candidates would have to select their choice of courses and colleges for admission based on their preference.
- Once the candidate chooses their preferred course and college, they would not be allowed to make any more changes so they should select their option carefully.
- The CSAB registration fee is Rs. 21000, which has to be paid online via SBI portal, this includes a processing fee of Rs.1500.
- CSAB fee refund: If the candidate wants a refund, they will get the amount back with a slight deduction of Rs 1500 or more.
CSAB 2021 Seat Allotment
After successful registration, there would be two rounds conducted by CSAB, Rounds 1 and 2. After the seats are filled in round 1, then they conduct CSAB round 2 which would be the final allotment of seats for the candidates.
Options accepted for CSAB Special round:
There are options provided to the candidates regarding the choice of programme concerning the slot allocation. They are as follows:
- Freeze-Candidates accept the seat which is offered and does not wish to move to the second round. Since their decision is final, the candidates will NOT be considered in Special Round-II.
- Slide-Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better choices within the same Institute, they will accept that particular choice. If they are not selected, they will choose the first option given to them. Such candidates will be considered in CSAB special round 2.
- Float-Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better choices in any Institute, they will accept that particular choice. If they are not selected, they will choose the first option given to them. Such candidates will be considered in CSAB special round 2.
- Surrender and participating in next round-Candidates reject the seat which is offered, and they wish to participate in the second round for better choices. Candidates accept the seat which is offered, but if they find a programme with better opportunities in any Institute, they will accept that particular choice. The candidate will have no claim over the seat allotted to them in the first round, and they have the chance of moving to the 2nd round.
- Surrender and not participating in next round-Candidates reject the seat which is offered and withdraw themselves from the counselling process. They can not move to round 2 of counselling, and they do not have to select the first slot as well.
About JoSAA 2021 Counselling
JoSAA or The Joint Seat Allocation Authority is a government body that was established (by the MHRD, Ministry of Human Resource Development) to conduct the counselling process for candidates who have taken part in JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. This establishment manages the seat allocations of candidates from across the country into over 111 institutions in the country. Those candidates who qualify the JEE Mains and/or JEE Advanced will be allowed to participate in the JoSAA 2021 Counselling for various IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs. The counselling process through CSAB will allow admissions into IIITs, NITs, and GFTIs only. The CSAB 2021 Special Round will begin only after the conclusion of the JoSAA Counselling Process.